HOT!!! - Various Games Clearance at The Source

[quote name='JGonspy']Nooooo!

Seriously though, super boring game, and there are so many better RPG's out there. It's not that long, but nearly everyone I know loses interest around the third disc.[/QUOTE]

I would say depend on if you like turn-based or not? Story was between average and good, dreams are really good to read (must be the best stuff I read in-game), combat are not bad, it's fun to learn all the skills. Took me a little bit more than 100 hours to have 1100/1100 gamerscore. This and Tales of Vesperia (even through I hate Estelle) are the best JRPG this gen in my opinion. Enchanted Arms was the worst RPG I ever played.

I've been holding out on JRPGs this generation because I've never heard of any really great ones. I'm putting everything into FFXII and if it disappoints me, then my opinion on JRPGs will probably be forever soured.

Although, I think I will eventually give Tales a try, that is one JRPG I've heard some fairly good things about.

[quote name='RchrdJ']Wow, that is crazy! Do you have any examples of games for $0.96?

The cheapest game I ever got was Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories (GBA) for $2. They had a bin at Toys R Us and someone dropped it in there, so I got it for $2![/QUOTE]

Hmm, Meteos DS was that price, Looney Toons Acme Arsenal for 360, Battlefield Bad Company CE (the gold one) for PS3, Turning Point (360/PS3), Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe Kollector's Edition PS3, a bunch of really old sports games.

Those games are really hard to find at 96 cents, but it happens, just have to wait for it!

Blue Dragon (360) at $4.96 was my best catch, if you ask me.

They have:
$10
PS3 MK vs DC universe
PS3/360 Mirror's Edge

$15
PS3 Quantum of Solace
360 Rockband
PS3/360 Soul Caliber 4
360 Spiderman Web of shadows

$30
Pokemon Platinum (it's kinda lower i guess)
Heavenly Sword
SOCOM Confrontation w/Headset
PS3 X-Blades (I dont know why you would want this but ...)

They also have the GTAIV & RE5 xbox 360 for $280 which isnt too bad.

[quote name='matsam']Hmm, Meteos DS was that price, Looney Toons Acme Arsenal for 360, Battlefield Bad Company CE (the gold one) for PS3, Turning Point (360/PS3), Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe Kollector's Edition PS3, a bunch of really old sports games.

Those games are really hard to find at 96 cents, but it happens, just have to wait for it!

Blue Dragon (360) at $4.96 was my best catch, if you ask me.[/QUOTE]

Wait, what? You said you could've gotten Kollector's Edition of MK vs DC for 96 cents? WTH, I wish I knew when it went down in price.

[quote name='telepathy']Wait, what? You said you could've gotten Kollector's Edition of MK vs DC for 96 cents? WTH, I wish I knew when it went down in price.[/QUOTE]

Lol, he asked me for examples of games I saw for 96 cents at The Source, most of those were from a while ago! :lol:

As for the Kollector's Edition, I got it for 30 bucks at BestBuy, never could find a copy of it at The Source....which isn't a bad thing if you read the thread on RFD about The Source having a bad batch of discs for that game... (disc read error out of the box, yikes!)

Sometimes I ask the clerk to check his system to tell me which games are cheap, and the 96 cents games are really nowhere to be found. Of course the employees often buy the game themselves when they know it's that price!

[quote name='matsam']Lol, he asked me for examples of games I saw for 96 cents at The Source, most of those were from a while ago! :lol:

As for the Kollector's Edition, I got it for 30 bucks at BestBuy, never could find a copy of it at The Source....which isn't a bad thing if you read the thread on RFD about The Source having a bad batch of discs for that game... (disc read error out of the box, yikes!)

Sometimes I ask the clerk to check his system to tell me which games are cheap, and the 96 cents games are really nowhere to be found. Of course the employees often buy the game themselves when they know it's that price![/QUOTE]

lol at greasy employees, exploiting knowledge to their own benefit :bomb:.

Even bad batch of discs, you basically get a PS3 case + manual + cover + comic + coaster for 96 cents. In my books, that's still a good deal.

When was it $30 at bestbuy?

[quote name='telepathy']When was it $30 at bestbuy?[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure it still is, they have 50% off clearance games, so everything priced XX.97. That game was 59.97, so that -50%, voilà!

[quote name='JGonspy']Nooooo!

Seriously though, super boring game, and there are so many better RPG's out there. It's not that long, but nearly everyone I know loses interest around the third disc.[/QUOTE]

A game has to be really, really bad for me to stop playing. I'm trying to get most of the 360 JRPGs right now, this is the last one that I'm interested in. Besides Vesperia (amazing, btw. Gotta love Yuri

[quote name='TronB']A game has to be really, really bad for me to stop playing. I'm trying to get most of the 360 JRPGs right now, this is the last one that I'm interested in. Besides Vesperia (amazing, btw. Gotta love Yuri

[quote name='matsam']My friend says Magna Carta II is the best jrpg he's played this year, and he's played pretty much everything rpg-wise on the 360, so maybe if it get's cheaper you should check it out.

Also, damn you, I didn't have the patience to wait for Hotel Dusk, I picked it up for 9.96 because there was only one copy left near where I live! Good deal you got there![/QUOTE]

Since there are hardly any jrpgs out, if MCII drops to a reasonable price I'd check it out. I'm still working on finishing my PS2 rpgs so it's not like I'd be playing it for a while anyway.

Yeah I stalked the Source's website like everyday for a really long time, then BAM, I raced to the mall to pick it up when it dropped to $5 bucks.

[quote name='matsam']Lips with 2 mics (360) is 24.96 right now if you can find it. Crazy deal, considering I've seen Lips mics packaged individually for 59.99 each in other stores. I personally got it at 39.96 and don't regret it one bit, it's a better (and easier) party/karaoke game than SingStar, imo. If you have a 360 and like singing, get iiiiiiiiiiiiiit!

http://www.thesource.ca/estore/prod...og=Online&category=xbox360_LP&product=5817547[/QUOTE]

No kidding. I picked up one today. The 2 wireless mics are worth the $25 right there and they work with Rock Band, guitar heros, etc. Pretty awesome deal!

As a side note, the Scene it bundle (Box office smash version) is the stand alone game only even though the picture shows the 4 controller bundle. :cry: Just a heads up so that you don't have to waste half an hour looking for it while being forced to listen to xmas muzak.

[quote name='snuter']As a side note, the Scene it bundle (Box office smash version) is the stand alone game only even though the picture shows the 4 controller bundle. :cry: Just a heads up so that you don't have to waste half an hour looking for it while being forced to listen to xmas muzak.[/QUOTE]

It might be that both are priced 14.96, maybe? You never know!
I haven't found the bundle yet, every place I go that I see they have one in stock on the site tells me they lost it...

[quote name='TronB']Since there are hardly any jrpgs out, if MCII drops to a reasonable price I'd check it out. I'm still working on finishing my PS2 rpgs so it's not like I'd be playing it for a while anyway.

Yeah I stalked the Source's website like everyday for a really long time, then BAM, I raced to the mall to pick it up when it dropped to $5 bucks.[/QUOTE]

TBH, they're still releasing games for the PS2 surprisingly. So if you are a JRPG fan, I'm guessing ur waiting for FFXIII & in the meantime playing other random stuff you haven't gotten around to yet. Yeah, this generation is lacking in JRPGs (at least released here), but I believe that there will be a lot of them released next year.

[quote name='TronB']A game has to be really, really bad for me to stop playing. I'm trying to get most of the 360 JRPGs right now, this is the last one that I'm interested in. Besides Vesperia (amazing, btw. Gotta love Yuri

[quote name='matsam']It might be that both are priced 14.96, maybe? You never know!
I haven't found the bundle yet, every place I go that I see they have one in stock on the site tells me they lost it...[/QUOTE]

That's what I thought but when he scanned the stand alone version of the game, it came up the the stock code that they list as the bundle on the site. They don't even show the stand alone edition. Someone must have messed up and used the wrong picture on the site. Oh well, saves me $15 I guess.

[quote name='JGonspy']See, the thing is, it isn't even that bad. It just has this amazing ability to make people stop playing. I did finish it myself, but that has more to do with me trying to finish every game I buy and I suppose I felt obliged. In that sense it reminds me of Final Fantasy XII, although I was at least still having some fun with that one by the end.

Regardless though, I'd wait until it hit $10 myself, I got it for $15 and felt slightly ripped off.[/QUOTE]

Wow. I can accept that everyone has a preference/opinion when it comes to video games, but ripped off? The game can easily clock in at over 100 hours of gmaeplay. Lost Odyssey is easily worth $15 if not full retail price.

If someone is into JRPGs and has a 360, you'd be crazy not to play this.

-Voice acting is passable if not pretty good.
-Graphics are pleasant to look at.
-The Dream sequences are an awesome read.
-Gameplay is turn based which is what I'd guess turns most off but this is a JRPG afterall. Despite that, the upgrade/level system is pretty cool. It's a lot like Blue Dragon in the sense that you can customize your characters to have any sort of mixture of skills.
-Story is well written. It's not AMAZING but it is interesting enough to carry the game to completion.

Oh, and the game has Kelolons. They're easily the new Moogle/Chocobo/Cactuar/Poo Snake.

Well I just found a copy of Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe: Kollector's Edition for PS3...

Rings up at $0.96, CONFIRMED!

[quote name='matsam']Well I just found a copy of Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe: Kollector's Edition for PS3...

Rings up at $0.96, CONFIRMED![/QUOTE]

Which Montreal store did you get this at? I can't find the stupid collector's edition on their lame-o website (search is totally fucked).

There's a "regular" non-kollector copy at quartier 10-30, which is on my way back from work.

[quote name='jeffx']Which Montreal store did you get this at? I can't find the stupid collector's edition on their lame-o website (search is totally fucked).

There's a "regular" non-kollector copy at quartier 10-30, which is on my way back from work.[/QUOTE]

I got the last one at Promenades Deux-Montagnes, and it's sold out pretty much everywhere I've been...St-Eustache, Centre Laval, Côtes-des-Neiges...getting hard to find. It's not on their site anymore, as most $0.96 get taken off pretty fast. Good luck!

[quote name='matsam']I got the last one at Promenades Deux-Montagnes, and it's sold out pretty much everywhere I've been...St-Eustache, Centre Laval, Côtes-des-Neiges...getting hard to find. It's not on their site anymore, as most $0.96 get taken off pretty fast. Good luck![/QUOTE]

OK let me rephrase my question. Would the regular, non-Kollector edition that shows up 9.96$ on the website also ring in at 0.96$? Yes I'm aware I should just go and check myself, but it is a slight detour for me.

[quote name='jeffx']OK let me rephrase my question. Would the regular, non-Kollector edition that shows up 9.96$ on the website also ring in at 0.96$? Yes I'm aware I should just go and check myself, but it is a slight detour for me.[/QUOTE]

No, only the Kollector's Edition will be $0.96. The regular edition is, as the site says, still $9.96. Obviously, the KE is harder to find. I'd suggest you try out the disc if you get a regular edition, as I said previously, The Source got a bad batch of them and they may cause disc read errors.

[quote name='Eoyote']Wow. I can accept that everyone has a preference/opinion when it comes to video games, but ripped off? The game can easily clock in at over 100 hours of gmaeplay. Lost Odyssey is easily worth $15 if not full retail price.

If someone is into JRPGs and has a 360, you'd be crazy not to play this.

-Voice acting is passable if not pretty good.
-Graphics are pleasant to look at.
-The Dream sequences are an awesome read.
-Gameplay is turn based which is what I'd guess turns most off but this is a JRPG afterall. Despite that, the upgrade/level system is pretty cool. It's a lot like Blue Dragon in the sense that you can customize your characters to have any sort of mixture of skills.
-Story is well written. It's not AMAZING but it is interesting enough to carry the game to completion.

Oh, and the game has Kelolons. They're easily the new Moogle/Chocobo/Cactuar/Poo Snake.[/QUOTE]

I tend not to measure value in terms of gameplay length, so the time I got out of the game didn't make too much of a difference. As to your points, the only one I'd agree with are the short stories, however, I would have greatly preferred to actually be reading those in my hands. I wouldn't mind 15 bucks for a book like that, although as far as I know, it's only been released in Japanese.

As for the rest of it, clearly there's a bit of a divide in our tastes. I didn't really like what little I played of Blue Dragon either, though in that case I've only touched the demo, so I don't know how well that comparison would work for me.

Thought you guys would like some proof of MK vs. DC Kollector's Edition because 96 cents, also might help some of you for the item sku

MKCE096.jpg

I want the 3000's so I can hook my dualshock to it & play on my tv w/composite cables.

I heard that the madden one isn't too bad though if you are interested in a moddable psp.

Thanks RaisinBran for the help.

[quote name='telepathy']I want the 3000's so I can hook my dualshock to it [/QUOTE]

Is there actually a way to do that? I thought that was a PSP Go-only feature.

[quote name='doctor_payne13']Is there actually a way to do that? I thought that was a PSP Go-only feature.[/QUOTE]
I believe the non-GO lets you use the DS3 if you connect your PSP to a PS3. But I thought that feature only worked for certain games like Resistance...

[quote name='telepathy']I want the 3000's so I can hook my dualshock to it & play on my tv w/composite cables.[/QUOTE]

The 2000 Madden bundle supports both composite cables and DualShock.

IMO the cheapest and best way to get a good PC controller is to snag a old Xbox controller. You splice a usb end onto it's breakaway & install some drivers and you've got yourself a great 10 button dual analog controller. Used Xbox controllers can easily be found for

[quote name='jeffx']^ yeah I saw that then read on a website that it doesn't support multi-button presses.

i.e. no diagonals for you.[/QUOTE]

I purchased one yesterday and just tested it myself. Diagonals do work. Upward right, downward right, upward left, and downward left all work fine when I press the intended directional buttons. Pressing two face buttons together to perform special moves in beat-em-ups works as well. Multi-button presses do work if I am understanding you correctly.

Last edited by a moderator:
^ good to hear, because I still want to buy one. Here's where I found the report. Maybe you have an updated driver???

Comments: Can't handle simultaneous presses of Left+Right or Up+Down. Joystick Axes Problem. No dance pad code available.
User report: The box says it supports dance pads. I just started to use it and have not run into any problems using dance pads with LEDs.
User report:Can only use one button at a time. For example, Up+Down will register as either Up or Down only but not both. Avoid this product. (Tested on a 32-bit PC with ASUS motherboard running Windows 2000 SR4 with USB 2.0 ports and redoctane's in the groove controller on 3 June 2006.)

That site is saying that you can't press left/right together and up/down together.

So diagonals work just fine. Just the specific combos of left/right and up/down don't work. That would only effect those that want to use the adapter with a dance pad, where you have to step on left and right at the same time (or up and down). That site obviously won't recommend because it is called stepmania, therefore only recommending adapters for dance pads . Hope that clears things up!

It comes with the drivers on a disc. With Windows XP, you plug it in and it works immediately without installing the drivers. The drivers are only needed if you want the rumble feature.

[quote name='jeffx']^ good to hear, because I still want to buy one. Here's where I found the report. Maybe you have an updated driver???[/QUOTE]

That's for using the dance pads though, you can't play stepmania with a DualShock!

And besides, like the poster above me, the games in which you need to press up/down, left/right at the same time are pretty rare, don't you think?

alright, I'm an idiot.

anyway I went to two stores which were supposed to have inventory and couldn't fine them at all. employees were completely useless/clueless.

[quote name='jeffx']employees were completely useless/clueless.[/QUOTE]
Once I called a store to check if they had stock of a game...and the employee said no. I went to the store anyway and it was on a shelf right beside the phone.

[quote name='addone']Once I called a store to check if they had stock of a game...and the employee said no. I went to the store anyway and it was on a shelf right beside the phone.[/QUOTE]

Hahaha that's terrible, that kind of thing has happened to me with EB before....but I've only had good experiences with The Source employees. One time I was lost and couldn't find the store, so I called them and they gave me step by step instructions on how to get there from where I was. I thought that was nice. :p

got my THproving ground $9

the other thing i need has supposedly 4 units around the city at various stores (& was missing from dufferin mall, so just as a few months ago, the online stock checker doesnt update on the weekends)

[quote name='addone']Once I called a store to check if they had stock of a game...and the employee said no. I went to the store anyway and it was on a shelf right beside the phone.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that happens all the time, the employees don't trust their inventory, so if they don't see it with their own eyes, it doesn't exist.

I've had a manager and 3 employees tell me that they didn't have that Devil May Cry 4 CE I bought last time I went (my receipt is on the previous page!). I had to point out to them that I was seeing it on the shelve, right there in front of me, perfectly visible when you know what the spine of the game looks like. Sheesh!

[quote name='jeffx']alright, I'm an idiot.

anyway I went to two stores which were supposed to have inventory and couldn't fine them at all. employees were completely useless/clueless.[/QUOTE]

haha same thing happened to me, for 2 games. kinda funny/pathetic

Today there's been a bunch of price reductions on clearence games (most have gotten $5 price drops). People may be particularly interested in games that can be now gotten for $1 ($0.96 to be precise):
Xbox 360
UEFA Euro 2008
Bionicle Heroes
Tony Hawk's Project (EDIT: Game has now been removed from the website, but it still may be found at some stores)
Blitz: The League
World Series of Poker 2008: Battle for the Bracelets

Playstation 3
Beijing 2008 (EDIT: Game has now been removed from the website, but it still may be found at some stores)
NBA 07 (EDIT: Game has now been removed from the website, but it still may be found at some stores)

Nintendo Wii
Tamagotchi: Party On!

Enjoy.

bread's done
Back