House party is back. Apply for two free PS3 Move controllers + more!

I opened my package. Weird, but pretty neat.
1x Subway Card (5$)
Cups (not plastered with house party, but PS Move... w/ some napkins)
The game comes in a white cardboard sleeve... mainly because it's before retail. Two mics + mic USB hub.
2x 12 pack coupons
The move controllers weren't in packaging, either. The camera is, though. I guess to prevent it from being broken. Everything was well packaged. A+ for a company that knows how to ship!

aPve8l.jpg

- letter
- judge cards (thumbs up/down)
- ps eye
- 2x move controllers
- singstar game
- singstar mics
- move/singstar cups
- move napkins
- $5 subway gift card
- 2x coke 12oz 12-pack coupons
- amex pass brochures with free $25 codes in them

[quote name='jetsaredim']
aPve8l.jpg

- letter
- judge cards (thumbs up/down)
- ps eye
- 2x move controllers
- singstar game
- singstar mics
- move/singstar cups
- move napkins
- $5 subway gift card
- 2x coke 12oz 12-pack coupons
- amex pass brochures with free $25 codes in them[/QUOTE]

I also got a stack of Move/Singstar fridge magnets. Last night I downloaded Heavy Rain, Tumble, and Sports Champions Move demos so I can test them out.

[quote name='evildeadjedi']I also got a stack of Move/Singstar fridge magnets. Last night I downloaded Heavy Rain, Tumble, and Sports Champions Move demos so I can test them out.[/QUOTE]

I completely forgot about them, they were under the PS Eye.

I actually already have a single Move controller for the PS3 in my office and have Sports Champions. I was considering getting a second controller and then found out I'd gotten in on this. So, now I have a setup for the PS3 in the living room now too.

The Hong Kong store, or some other one has the Time Crisis Razing Storm demo. The UK store has a bunch of others, too.

And the High Velocity Bowling patch to add Move support is finally free.

[quote name='M3wThr33']The Hong Kong store, or some other one has the Time Crisis Razing Storm demo. The UK store has a bunch of others, too.

And the High Velocity Bowling patch to add Move support is finally free.[/QUOTE]

How do you get to the other stores?

[quote name='evildeadjedi']How do you get to the other stores?[/QUOTE]

Make a new user account on the PS3. (Far left column)
From there, sign onto the PSN with a new account, and obviously, pick a new country. There's guides online on how to do it. ANY PSN content on your hard drive is fully accessible from your other accounts, so your normal PSN account can play any of that new stuff.

Hey guys. I WON! I'm going to host a house party and get 2 move controllers, PS eye and some games. Check your emails, they just sent out the invitations and if you're selected, it's still pseudo first come first served.

It appears winners for the ultimate new years eve party for the PS Rewards group have been chosen/notified. (400 out of 5500). Winners will receive: The Shoot, Singstar Dance, Sports Champions, PS Eye, 2x Move Remotes, Napkins, Cups, Noise Makers, Light Wands and a few other things.

I'm not sure if it's still first come, first serve... but I didn't risk it. I've gotta track down some friends email addresses still, but I can get those this weekend. It was a little different, asking me to set it up when I logged in. As if I had already applied and been accepted, so I don't think it was a First Come basis. There was a note about participation in PS rewards club, not sure if it was points based, but three of the people I've seen on the list were routinely on the top 10. I was in the top 10 last month and 5 pts off top 10 the month before. Probably find out more when LH and Mkernan post since they were also active (LH was very active and usually top 10 too).

Though, the prize this month for the PS Rewards program is actually The Shoot in Tier 2... which is awesome. Tier 3 is for move remote adapters usable w/ the shoot. I would suggest sticking with it, because that is one awesome prize for not a whole lot of work, since they DOUBLED points and removed videos (can do 2x blogs and 10x pics this month).

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='dyeknom']It appears winners for the ultimate new years eve party for the PS Rewards group have been chosen/notified. (400 out of 5500)

Winners will receive: The Shoot, Singstar Dance, Sports Champions, PS Eye, 2x Move Remotes, Napkins, Cups, Noise Makers, Light Wands and a few other things.d[/QUOTE]

Ya, sorry about that. Was a little excited and didn't explain the situation well.

[quote name='Chemosh013']Ya, sorry about that. Was a little excited and didn't explain the situation well.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm pretty excited about it too. I honestly forgot about it until somebody in partytalk mentioned it. I assumed they had chosen around the 1st. In all honesty that is a LOT of stuff. Combined with the number of The Shoots they will be sending out (there are tons of people in the 300 pt range already it seems), it's amazing.

I will say there are a few things the site needs work on (point registration for the polls in PSrewards party and searching through older parties is difficult)... but their WMs are extremely active (they are always on top of complaints, fixing stuff within a day or so).

My "everybody" singstar party went over really well, everybody from the 5yr old to the 50 yr old played Singstar Dance and enjoyed it quite a bit. I'm glad they did, too. That being said, when we took it over to the 21+ house later in the evening... it didn't go so well until people started drinking... then it just got too messy heh.

I got an email about this week's VIP challenges, and inside it, it also said "and by the way, you weren't picked to host a New Year's party". The funny thing is that I didn't even know they were doing one, so I was preemptively declined, I guess.

I got the email!

Are you ready to host the Ultimate New Year’s Eve Party?
Because you have been such a rockstar participant in the PlayStation® Online Rewards Program, you’ve been selected to host the Ultimate New Year’s Eve Party! The New Year’s Eve Party is an exclusive event for only 400 lucky hosts. You will be shipped an awesome party package - but once again, you had better act fast!

To become a host and receive your free PlayStation® party pack, you must:

Sign in and set up your party website (If we have already reached our host capacity, you’ll receive a message when you log in)
Invite 14 guests, using the FREE House Party guest manager tool
Upload photos, including a “headshot” and at least 3 photos of your choice
Post a comment on the PartyTalk™ blog
Just log in and our set-up tool will walk you through the first steps of organizing your party and inviting your guests.

Don’t miss out on this chance to ring in the New Year with PlayStation®

** this is my first time hosting a party anyone know what I need to do to make sure I get send a party pack?

Will they notify me when it ships?

Am I suppose to take pictures of the party?

Also do I need 14 people to say tey are attending in order to recieve my party pack or will it still ship regardless?

sorry for all the questions im just super excited and I dont know what to do :p

[quote name='josh62488']I got the email!

Are you ready to host the Ultimate New Year’s Eve Party?
Because you have been such a rockstar participant in the PlayStation® Online Rewards Program, you’ve been selected to host the Ultimate New Year’s Eve Party! The New Year’s Eve Party is an exclusive event for only 400 lucky hosts. You will be shipped an awesome party package - but once again, you had better act fast!

To become a host and receive your free PlayStation® party pack, you must:

Sign in and set up your party website (If we have already reached our host capacity, you’ll receive a message when you log in)
Invite 14 guests, using the FREE House Party guest manager tool
Upload photos, including a “headshot” and at least 3 photos of your choice
Post a comment on the PartyTalk™ blog
Just log in and our set-up tool will walk you through the first steps of organizing your party and inviting your guests.

Don’t miss out on this chance to ring in the New Year with PlayStation®

** this is my first time hosting a party anyone know what I need to do to make sure I get send a party pack?

Will they notify me when it ships?

Am I suppose to take pictures of the party?

Also do I need 14 people to say tey are attending in order to recieve my party pack or will it still ship regardless?

sorry for all the questions im just super excited and I dont know what to do :p[/QUOTE]
were you rejected the 1st time and got in this time?

I received the email today and already have it set up. Was not expecting this but was a fantastic surprise that brightened my day. You all can come, I'll have nachos and pizza there. :)

Got this party too, and I'm pretty excited because I missed out on the Block Party and Singstar Dance ones (and wasn't invited to the Play Date one following the Block Party).

Truth be told, I'm interested in the Move, but not completely excited about it. I'm more excited because I have a younger brother who has some learning disabilities who would really have more fun playing something like this. He can play games, but moreso ones with very little multi-tasking. As an example, he came over and watched me play Uncharted 2 because I know there's no way he'd be able to simultaneously do something like using the cover system and shooting with the analog aiming and all that. It just wouldn't compute. Probably too much of a personal story there, but oh well. :)

They say the party packs should arrive by the 21st, so I'll play around with them a little then give them to him for Christmas. Probably pick up Eyepet and/or Start the Party too. As we all know, times are tight and something like this couldn't have come at a better time.

Congrats to all the CAG's who got into this one, and I totally empathize with those that didn't.

I got into the New Year's one as well (Didn't get into the Singstar one, but they sent me a copy of SS Dance anyway for sending a video entry, heh)

Super excited for this. Wanted to say thanks to the OP bc I wouldn't have been turned on to HP if it wasn't for this thread :)

I also got an e-mail today but mine said I have already been picked as a host:

Congratulations! You’re officially a host for the Ultimate New Year’s Eve Party!
On December 31st, ring in the new year with the ultimate gaming party experience. PlayStation® will be sending you a super-stuffed party pack which will include the new PlayStation®Move motion controllers and PlayStation®Eye camera as well as games to keep everyone Move-ing for the whole party!

Now my question is do I have to send the items back once I am done with them or are they mine to keep?

Also since it seems that my stuff is already coming do I really have to have a party?

I actually got accepted! This is the first time I've ever been chosen to do anything, I'm so excited! I also have the same questions as ajh2298.

From my experience, you get to keep all the goods. As for not having a party, you, technically, don't have to have one but, come on, bring it to whatever house party you're going to be at on that day. If you're going to be alone, then invite all the imaginary friends you know, buy some frozen pizzas, and at least pretend to uphold your pledge to follow the rules.

[quote name='heyo007']From my experience, you get to keep all the goods. As for not having a party, you, technically, don't have to have one but, come on, bring it to whatever house party you're going to be at on that day. If you're going to be alone, then invite all the imaginary friends you know, buy some frozen pizzas, and at least pretend to uphold your pledge to follow the rules.[/QUOTE]

I plan on trying to have a party but New Years Eve is my wedding anniversary if I tell my wife we have to stay home to wave controllers at the TV it might be my last one.

Then it sounds like you'll both be having "move party" without the playstation. Either way, a party is a party. :)
Also, happy pre anniversary, ajh. I wish you many more!

Their website is very helpful with information, but yes. You do get to keep everything in the party pack.

I honestly have no idea why people even ask whether or not they have to host a party. If something comes up and you are unable to host that night, they will allow you to host on other nights (in their FAQ section)... or offer a return so it can be sent to somebody who will actually honor their agreement.

The base obligation is really to invite 14 people (invite, not necessarily show), host a party and post like 4 pictures/post one blog after the party... it's designed for participants to have fun and is not insanely taxing to even warrant that type of question.

Got my shipping info/tracking number, so for any CAG's that won, check your emails. :) They apparently shipped today, and mine should arrive tomorrow (St. Louis to Chicago) via FedEx. Package is listed at 6.9 lbs...makes sense considering everything we're getting, but I was surprised when I initially read it.

Moral of story: Check your emails, fellow House Party winners!

I got a notice as well, but it's just billing info received, will probably go out tomorrow and get here on Monday. They mentioned they will be received by the 21st

My delivery date was updated to say tomorrow instead of today. :( I guess it has to make a trip through Champaign, IL first.

Got mine in the mail yesterday. They drilled a tiny hole through the UPC on the loose games (sports champions and the shoot). I know why they had to do that... but it's a shame they had to drill through both sides (and get the manual and case clip for holding the manual). That being said, this is by far one of the best party packs.

I love these light pens (a few of mine didnt work, so you other people may want to check it before you start tossing them in party bags). I must say, I also like the logos/designs of everything. It shows that it's not just a "lets send a game to a group of people" situation... and there's actually quite a bit of thought going into it.

I really am enjoying my time with house party. Plus, they've already shipped out High Velocity Bowling game (assuming it is) from our top tier last month (mine should be here on tuesday). They have really upped the ante with prizes, it's absolutely astounding.

Someone on Something Awful is selling the package that was sent to them for $200. What a bastard. I'd love to have it sent to me, but I never got accept into the After Party. (I applied in October)

That's pretty toolish, but it's to be expected (went through older parties and noticed half never even posted a single picture... so it's not all too surprising.

bread's done
Back