How do you like your Steak?

Medium-rare, though I don't eat meat that often since my wife is vegetarian so when I do endulge it kicks my ass like Indian food.

Medium-rare to medium. Used to like stuff cooked really well so that the pink/red was gone, but realized years ago that kills any and all flavor.

Also, where's the option for "tube?" You're excluding people from their choice of meat preparation, you insensitive clod.

Rare. I only eat steak at home and fine dining restaurants, though. Not sure I'd enjoy a rare steak from Applebee's or similar restaurants.

If you have a good cut of meat, anything above medium-rare is a total waste.

Also, there is very little to no danger of E. Coli in steak. E. Coli is an issue with ground beef because so much of the surface area has been exposed to the outside world. With steak, the only worry is the outside surface. As long as that gets cooked and the restaurant avoids cross-contamination, you have very little to worry about.

[quote name='rendil']Rare. I only eat steak at home and fine dining restaurants, though. Not sure I'd enjoy a rare steak from Applebee's or similar restaurants.

If you have a good cut of meat, anything above medium-rare is a total waste.

Also, there is very little to no danger of E. Coli in steak. E. Coli is an issue with ground beef because so much of the surface area has been exposed to the outside world. With steak, the only worry is the outside surface. As long as that gets cooked and the restaurant avoids cross-contamination, you have very little to worry about.[/quote]

Even with ground beef, you're usually safe, as many different cultures eat raw ground beef. (Not too fond of it myself.) However, I just can't eat steak cooked over medium. To me, it's ruined.

[quote name='Access_Denied']Even with ground beef, you're usually safe, as many different cultures eat raw ground beef. (Not too fond of it myself.) However, I just can't eat steak cooked over medium. To me, it's ruined.[/quote]

That's true - I have no problem ordering a rare to medium-rare burger. It mostly depends on the health standards of the place you're ordering from.

[quote name='ITDEFX']There should be a choice for Taco Bell Style.

god know what the hell they put in that meat.[/quote]

Magic and love.

Definitely rare. When I'm at restaurants, I ask for "as rare as you can give it to me" which usually ends up being somewhere between rare and medium rare because of safety/health issues on their side.

yep. Its more flavorfull that way. medium rare or still moo in for me.

funny thing go to waffle house and order your" steak" rare.

They will look at you like you shit your pants. What you like rare hamburger!?!\

Don't actually get it that way but just for fun.

Note you have been warned!

On the VERY RARE occasions I eat steak... or any other red meat for that matter, I like it medium

Its one of those things I would never miss if I were never to have another

FROM Wiki

Term Description Traditional temperature range

Raw not cooked at all; thoroughly red/bloody inside 71°C >170°F

[quote name='ITDEFX']:rofl:

Why do you guys like it rare/medium rare?

you like it blood juicy?[/quote]

It's not like it tastes like blood. It tastes great medium-rare and I might try rare now if everyone isn't joking about that. Shrimp that hasn't been de-veined (?) or badly cooked (i.e. raw) chicken sickens me more.

Medium well.

Then chopped up, and thrown into vegetables, spices, herbs, etc, and cooked together. Mmmmmm hell yeah.

What, no black-and-blue/Pittsburgh option?

That's seared to a crisp on the outside, but still nice and rare (I prefer mine closer to medium-rare) on the inside. Searing it actually traps the juices inside during cooking.

Unfortunately, only dedicated steak houses know how to do this. =/

[quote name='zman73']On the VERY RARE occasions I eat steak... or any other red meat for that matter, I like it medium

Its one of those things I would never miss if I were never to have another[/quote]

:hot: I start having withdraws if I go without one for too long. If someone told me I could never eat steak again, I'd probably start to cry, then start hurting people.

I go with Medium although I used to get them Medium-Well. Medium-Well basically meant very little to no pink in the middle. Now I realize that's a waste of a good steak.

Seems like a lot of restaurants overcook a Medium steak but if they put one out that was truly Medium-Rare it would be too rare for me. :shrug:

Depends on where I am going, if I am going to a steak house or somewhere that I know the cook or chief can prepare a rare steak properly then I order rare, you get the most flavor from the meat when its cooked rare. If I am just at a dinner or some place else, I go with medium rare since I don't know what to expect.

Medium Rare for me.

On a related note I was in a restaurant once and ordered a tuna steak and they asked me how I wanted it cooked, that threw me a bit cos if you cook a tuna steak for more than 10 secs it's over done. I think I ended up saying "Whatever the chef thinks best" :whistle2:k

[quote name='Access_Denied']:hot: I start having withdraws if I go without one for too long. If someone told me I could never eat steak again, I'd probably start to cry, then start hurting people.[/QUOTE]

Well... I know it is not the same, but I do love a good cheesesteak... but a bog old slab of meat, not so much unless it is chicken... being a health nut its probably better for me anyway, I have cut down on alot of my favorite guilty pleasures such as pizza

I honestly think if I ever made the transition to vegitarianism (although I really need the protien) it wouldnt be really bad or difficult as I RARELY eat meat for breakfast, and sometimes do for lunch, and about 25% of the time for dinner (been eating alot of pasta for the carbs)

[quote name='Aleryn']Medium well.

Then chopped up, and thrown into vegetables, spices, herbs, etc, and cooked together. Mmmmmm hell yeah.[/quote]

Wouldn't that take it up to the next level of being cooked since your twice cooking it?

Agreed with everyone who said cooking your steak too much ruins a piece of meat. A good steak doesn't need much more than a bit of salt and pepper. Destroyed meat needs all the sauce to cover up the bland toughness.

[quote name='Blitz']I like my steak on somebody else's plate. I hate steak...YUCK.[/quote]The FBI will be contacting you shortly about your terrorist and communist connections.

Rare steak is the one true way.

bread's done
Back