How Gamefly.com took advantage of me. I could use some help please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Follandboy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
27 (100%)
***I understand that Gamefly.com is a sposor of this site and the purpose of this thread is not to tell people not to order from Gamefly.com***

As some of you know, I run a small video game store. Noticing some of the incredible deals at Gamefly.com on used games, I signed up for an account to get free shipping.

I started ordering games after this and typeing in a sparate shipping address for each order on 11-22. These games were already sold and the people who bought them were expecting them in the next 2 or 3 weeks.

After a couple of days and ordering like 40 games, my account gets locked and they tell me to give them a call. So I do.

They tell me that they can not ship out each game to a separte address for some reason or another. After a little haggling, I finally agree for them to ship them all to me and then I would ship them out. I asked if they could give me some sort of discount on these games since they were able to save money on packaging and shipping shipping 40 games in 2 boxes to one address than 40 separate games to 40 separate address. They said no. I then asked if they could atleast send me an evevelope for each game. Again no.

I was a little disappointed. They then said that they would ship the games Fedex and that they would arrive in a couple days.

After a week and a half passed, I started panicing because I have gotten nothing, and I thought it was because noone was ever home to sign for the packages. Becasue of this, I called Fedex like 5 times to try and change the shipping information. They finally told me to get the tracking info.

I called Gamefly.com and they said that they would give me a call back after they find my tracking info.

I never receive a call.

I finally call back after a couple days and after about 3 weeks from my orginal orders. My order total is now up to over 100 games. After a day aftereach separate order, I receive a shipping confirmation email telling me the game is on its way.

Also, Gamefly.com has a polocy that the games will ship within 2 days of the order and most will be recieved in 5 days.

I am told that they were holding all of my games until I was done ordering bwecase they did not want to send me like 10 differnt boxes. They obviously did this to save shipping charges on them. I had a pretty long discussion with the manager there. She would not budge.

Finally about a month latter I get my games. All the while I am getting emails from the people who had bought the games from me as to where they are.

Finally after getting all the games packaged up, I noticed I was shorted 3 games. I then call them up again and they say, "Well, since you signed for them, we cannot do anything about that." I asked if I was spose to open each box and check what games I was getting before signing. "No Comment."

They eventually told me that they wqould give me a call back yesterday with what had happened.

No call.

I am wondering what, if anything, I should do to get justice in this situation? All help is apprecaited.

Thanks Guys

why would gamefly ship the games to different addresses. ALSO no matter if you order 1 or 100 games you will be charge shipping if your not a member on each game.

they told me allow up to 3 weeks to get games

FWIW, Gamefly doesn't sponsor CAG. If you run into this problem (I think you had a problem with somewhere else before), just don't presell the games, wait until they're in-hand.. I don't think there's much you can do. Gamefly's probably not willing to help you much because they realize you're buying these games and turning around and reselling them.

[quote name='xspeedracerx']Rent some games from them, keep them, then tell them they were lost in the mail. /joke[/QUOTE]

you be cancelled after your 3 game was lost within i think 2 months

i know it was a joke , but just telling people who might want to try it

What should you do? how about this-- don't sell things you don't have, especially if you're going through a semi-fickle route to get them, rather than a reliable seller.

Gamefly aren't wholesalers, they aren't set up to go out of their way to give you free shipping and all that. so what if it has worked with other outlets, you can't expect normal retail outlets to bend over for you just because you want to resell their product.

[quote name='civx']Wait, you sold games you didn't actually have?[/QUOTE]
He does it all the time. Look up some of the threads he's made in the past.

[quote name='Apossum']What should you do? how about this-- don't sell things you don't have, especially if you're going through a semi-fickle route to get them, rather than a reliable seller.

Gamefly aren't wholesalers, they aren't set up to go out of their way to give you free shipping and all that. so what if it has worked with other outlets, you can't expect normal retail outlets to bend over for you just because you want to resell their product.[/QUOTE]
Funny how that works, isn't it?

im with scorch on this one. you shouldnt sell games that you dont already have. but it sucks that they shipped slow and waited for you to not order games anymore.

[quote name='shrike4242']He does it all the time. Look up some of the threads he's made in the past. [/QUOTE]

Kind of a shitty thing to do.

Dude if you "run a video game store" you should have sources to get games instead using the "customers" means. So IMO you get what you deserve, I look at you like I look at a person buying 200 games at the $5 CC sale. Also why in the hell are you selling product without it in hand? See this SOB pisses me off, Gamefly has limited inventory on all their games. They have great prices at that they have recent releases for $20 bucks and up. So he think he can take advantage of that and sale them at his "video game store" (ebay) for $39.99. :bomb:

[quote name='Graystone']The title to this thread should read How I take advantage of gamefly and this site.[/QUOTE]

I second.

I agree, this guy is buying the games we could be buying ourselves and hes profiting from it. If you were wondering why the game you wanted from EB in the morning update is sold out, theres your answer.

[quote name='Graystone']The title to this thread should read How I couldn't take advantage of gamefly and this site.[/QUOTE]

Fixed it for you.

I believe in ebays' terms of use it says you can't sell an item you don't have at the time the listing is posted. If anybody knows this f-er's ebay name you could report him.

[quote name='civx']Kind of a shitty thing to do.[/QUOTE]kind of a smart thing to do. most businesses do this. you order, they place the order with a wholesaler, they take your money without ever seeing the product. most places don't have a problem with this, but i guess gamefly doesn't like it. the down side is you'll get egg in your face if you can't get the product to the customer.

Just plain stupidity. You think you might learn from your mistakes, and do people right. Especialy if this is not the first time anything resembleing this situation has happened before. I can't image the kind of people who order from the back of your truck... err I mean store.

It sounds like the free shipping the OP got by joining Gamefly is what is causing the rift. He probably hit a preset limit that Gamefly has established as to when free shipping starts to cost them money.

i support you, op. im a strong advocate of entrepreneurship and capitalism. good thinking, but it sucks that gamefly didn't go along with you on this one.

My deepest apologies for your situation.

By "your situation," of course, I mean "your being the kind of fucking asshole who considers CAG a pitstop on the way to profit; profit, that is, you can't wait to get your filthy fucking mitts on so bad that you're too stupid to realize that you're alienating customers by pissing them off as a result of failing on your promise to deliver them by a certain time."

I hope that you ruin many people's christmases, infuriating them and, of course, getting your comeuppance (the situation described in the OP being just part and parcel of that).

So you wanted gamefly to ship these games to all the people individually? Is your contempt for your clientele *that* deep-seeded? I can imagine how foolish I would feel if I bought a game at $X from a small time seller, only to find that he merely served as the liason between gamefly and myself, and for a tidy profit as well. You would make P.T. Barnum proud, prick.

CAG is an affiliate of GameFly, the same as all the other retailers.

That being said...

[quote name='GameFly Terms of Service']Limitations on Use
You must be 18 years of age or older and reside in the 50 United States to use the GameFly service. The games we distribute and the content on the GameFly.com web site are strictly for personal and non-commercial use. We agree to deliver games to our subscribers and grant you a license to access the GameFly.com site for that limited purpose only. Any unauthorized use of any game, the GameFly.com web site or their contents will terminate your subscription and the limited license to access our web site granted by us.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='thagoat']i support you, op. im a strong advocate of entrepreneurship and capitalism. good thinking, but it sucks that gamefly didn't go along with you on this one.[/QUOTE]

Everytime I read your posts I like you a little less. I didnt even think it possible to do so.

[quote name='mykevermin']

So you wanted gamefly to ship these games to all the people individually? Is your contempt for your clientele *that* deep-seeded? I can imagine how foolish I would feel if I bought a game at $X from a small time seller, only to find that he merely served as the liason between gamefly and myself, and for a tidy profit as well. You would make P.T. Barnum proud, prick.[/QUOTE]

I can tell you how I would feel if i had bought one of those games.

Hella mad. Mad enough to contact gamefly about it.

I wouldn't be surprised if this comes back to bite the OP in the ass.

"Gamefly took advantage of me!" my ass! You tried to take advantage of both gamefly and your customers.

[quote name='karmapolice']Everytime I read your posts I like you a little less. I didnt even think it possible to do so.[/QUOTE]shut up, wuss. anywho, most businesses work in the same way without ever seeing the product. you're either mad because you didn't think of it first or you doing the same thing and he's taking away from your business. but as cheapy pointed out, gamefly isn't down with it and they have the final say on where their product goes. so bash the distribution chain all that you want, just know thats how major companies(especially online companies) do business.

Most online retailers do not sell products they don't have in stock without telling you the product is BACKORDERED.

[quote name='puternerd']I believe in ebays' terms of use it says you can't sell an item you don't have at the time the listing is posted. If anybody knows this f-er's ebay name you could report him.[/QUOTE]

Then how did all those people get away with "pre-selling" their presale of an Xbox 360?

You can presell something as long as you will be able to send it within 30 days, but you are also supposed to tell buyers that it won't be available to ship until DATE. Of course in this case fab thought they would be shipping quickly direct from gamefly, I doubt eBay would consider it an offense. And we don't know if he sold them on eBay or not for sure anyway.

I'd say the big mistake was making it so obvious you were just using GF as a warehouse for your business. No way to predict if they'd get POed about it or not, but looks like in this case they didn't appreciate it much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back