How hard is it to find Pikmin 2?

mcelfour

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
The title says it all. I'm wondering how tough it is to find this. I'm a new wii owner, and never had a GC, so I am looking for some of the best GC games. Pikmin 2 looks awesome.

Its pretty good. Pikmin 2 is probably better I'd say, but its definitely fun the first time around. Can get a bit monotonous later in the game, but I had fun with it.

[quote name='62t']very easy as it becomes a Player's Choice[/QUOTE]

I don't see it anywhere. Where have you spotted it lately?

I saw a copy on clearance at Target for $14.99. I'd imagine it's a bit hard to come by as the eBay prices were fairly high the last time I checked.

[quote name='David85']The first Pimin was terrible. I rented it and returned it after 2 hours.[/quote]

I'll bite. If you found 'Pimin' so terrible, which titles did you actually enjoy?

[quote name='cochesecochese']I'll bite. If you found 'Pimin' so terrible, which titles did you actually enjoy?[/quote]he liked all the dragonball games

I also hate the Dragonball Z games.

I hate Pikmin, and ED with a passion because everyone seems to love them and that strengthens my hatred of them. I also hate that Skies game, random battles are lame, but I got that game for free. Those are the only titles on the GC I truely hate. Mario Sunshine is just overrated and a bad Mario game.

Games I like...

Animal Crossing
F-Zero
SSB:M
Chibi-Robo

Burnout
WaveRace
XIII
Lego Star Wars
Billy Hatcher (In small ammounts)
Metal Arms (Very underrated, what a wonderful game.)
Simpson:Hit and Run
Beyond Good and Evil
Zelda

I'm still trying to find a Mario Party (Anyone of them.) for less than $25, Mario Tennis and Odama for like $20.

I would like to get all the Mario Sports.

And I have BW, Chibi-Robo, and Fire Emblem which I haven't played yet.

[quote name='David85']I hate Pikmin, and ED with a passion because everyone seems to love them and that strengthens my hatred of them.[/QUOTE]That's the lamest reason to hate a game. Don't listen to him; Pikmin (1&2) is awesome. Not sure where to find them tho. I didn't realize the second one had become a little harder to find.

Edited to add: btw, David, if you missed the thread, Odama is $9.98 at TRU. Just got it there today.

My wife got me this *somewhere* (ebgames.com i think) for christmas! I popped it into the Wii (never had a GC), and it can't read the disc! NOOOO!

Time to return it or call Nintendo about a replacement disc.

[quote name='judyjudyjudy']That's the lamest reason to hate a game. Don't listen to him; Pikmin (1&2) is awesome. Not sure where to find them tho. I didn't realize the second one had become a little harder to find.

Edited to add: btw, David, if you missed the thread, Odama is $9.98 at TRU. Just got it there today.[/QUOTE]

Oh that's not the reason why I hate Pikmin and ED, but everytime someone mentions those games as the best I hate them (the games, not the people) even more. It would be pretty lame, and very middle schoolish, to hate a game because everyone else loves it.

And I say the thread about Odama, sadly I HATE the TRU near me, they never have anything and even more rare to have a sale idea. It's the only one within like 40 miles because they closed the good TRU and made it a Babies R Us in September. Very sad day. :(

Is it just me or it seems like Gamecube games' market is getting another round of life and revival with popularity of Wii, I'm glad Nintendo is going well but this mean s it'll be harder for all of us to get cheap GC game deals. Othe rthan the occasional TRU deals, most places/games seem price drop resistant.

[quote name='vincewy']Is it just me or it seems like Gamecube games' market is getting another round of life and revival with popularity of Wii, I'm glad Nintendo is going well but this mean s it'll be harder for all of us to get cheap GC game deals. Othe rthan the occasional TRU deals, most places/games seem price drop resistant.[/QUOTE]

I think you might be right. After the Wii came out it seems GS.com has less GC used titles. Maybe Nitnendo should have still sponsored the GC a little in 2006.

[quote name='David85']
Games I like...
[/quote]

Well you have pretty decent taste in games I must admit. If you don't like Pikmin then you don't like Pikmin. I can't force it on you.

I would open up Fire Emblem and give it a whirl pretty soon if I were you. It plays just so *right* that you can't deny it.

[quote name='cochesecochese']Well you have pretty decent taste in games I must admit. If you don't like Pikmin then you don't like Pikmin. I can't force it on you.

I would open up Fire Emblem and give it a whirl pretty soon if I were you. It plays just so *right* that you can't deny it.[/QUOTE]

Pikmin is just boring to me, Chibi-Robo rocks. I ahven't played BW or FE yet because I have played CR for 4.5 hours last night. :)

I hate ED because I think the fighting system is screwed up and the camra make it unplayable to me. The game is nothing special to me and it drives me crazy everytime someone goes "YOU DON'T LIKE IT!?!"

The lady told me I cant use Delivery Confirmation on First Class but i can use it on Media mail. is it true? I want to use First Class and DC to ship it faster.

Argh, I hesitated and it disappeared from Gamestop used. Anybody got a source for this other than half/fleabay/amazon?

[quote name='ma']Argh, I hesitated and it disappeared from Gamestop used. Anybody got a source for this other than half/fleabay/amazon?[/QUOTE]

I havn't checked out too many places in Madison, as it was up on ebgames.com again just after christmas. I ordered another copy, and will return the dead one. Keep an eye on ebgames.com and you might find one. The one I got was complete...AHH why couldn't the disc be read by my Wii?!?

I see you're from Madison. Preplayed always has a ton of stuff. I'd call them up and see. Their prices always seem resonable, but not cheap. They have an idea of what stuff is worth.

[quote name='mcelfour']I havn't checked out too many places in Madison, as it was up on ebgames.com again just after christmas. I ordered another copy, and will return the dead one. Keep an eye on ebgames.com and you might find one. The one I got was complete...AHH why couldn't the disc be read by my Wii?!?

I see you're from Madison. Preplayed always has a ton of stuff. I'd call them up and see. Their prices always seem resonable, but not cheap. They have an idea of what stuff is worth.[/QUOTE]

Another Madison Cagger! Cool.

I just ordered a $30 copy from Half. It sucks, but I don't want to miss out, and I suspect the prices will only head upwards.

Pre-played has very little GC stuff these days. The west side has almost nothing, while the east side has a little bit. But neither one has pikmin 2.

Well, my cube collectino is nearly complete, besides a few games that are already too rich for my blood.

[quote name='ma']
Well, my cube collectino is nearly complete, besides a few games that are already too rich for my blood.[/quote]

Which?

[quote name='trunks982']The lady told me I cant use Delivery Confirmation on First Class but i can use it on Media mail. is it true? I want to use First Class and DC to ship it faster.[/QUOTE]
the package has to be at least an inch or half an inch thick (cant remember which the post office told me long time ago). I use DC on my first class mail when sending games in a padded envelope and no problems. they just cant be flat as a letter when sending first class if you want DC.

[quote name='David85']

Mario Sunshine is just overrated and a bad Mario game.
[/quote]

What's wrong with Sunshine?

I'm tired of the Mario Sunshine hate...its usually because of the title or the water-pack...What people fail to realize that it is fundamentally the same as Mario 64 with a water-pack and different levels. OMG they made an addition, I can't abide by change, therefore I do not like the game! Ugh.

[quote name='encendido5']I'm curious as to which rare games as well...[/quote]

Hmm, only rare good GC games I can think of are Ikaruga and the Zelda Collectors Edition whatchamathingy (not really a GC game though).

[quote name='mattstockton12']Hmm, only rare good GC games I can think of are Ikaruga and the Zelda Collectors Edition whatchamathingy (not really a GC game though).[/QUOTE]

I don't know that the Zelda Collector's Ed. disc is "rare." It's expensive, sure. But I see them pretty often it seems. Ikaruga, I'd agree, based on what I've seen online (and never seen it in stores), though I haven't been looking.

[quote name='mattstockton12']Hmm, only rare good GC games I can think of are Ikaruga and the Zelda Collectors Edition whatchamathingy (not really a GC game though).[/QUOTE]

Zelda collector's edition not that rare,but expensive.try gamestop,it's a little bit pricy $44.99.I rather wait for those used buy 2 get 1 free.

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product_id=916358

When you meant rare i thought you talking about zelda collector's gamecube bundle,pokemon box or pansonic q

pikmin 2 Is 1 Of The Best Reasons 2 Own A Gamecube.i Would Suggest Looking On E-bay Or Try Sears Especially Since Its Only $8 There.

I've thought about this, and I'll consider/take offers, I have here, an extra sealed (yes, factory sealed with cellophane folded wrap) copy of Pikmin 2, ORIGINAL version that I'm willing to part with, I have 2 copies and was planning to open one of them to play, but seeing how scarce it is, and chances are there're people looking for them sealed in original version.

So, here's what I'm looking for, you can help me build my sealed GC collection with one or 2 of the following games

Mario Strikers
Mario Golf
Mario Baseball
DDK Jungle Beat (box version)
Fire Emblem
Pikmin 2 PC version (for me to play later, used one is fine too)

Some of you probably found clearance on those games earlier, all of the games have to be sealed w/o any defects (tears, loose disc, open sealed on the corner, reseal [heat shrinkwrap]), I'm normally OK with wear on the seal as long as it's not damaged.

If you can offer 2 or more games and find this trade unreasonable, I can sweeten the deal with a sealed, ORIGINAL VERSION OF Resident Evil 4, Virtua Strikers, Black & Bruised, Final Fantasy CC, Metroid Primes 2 Echoes (ORIGINAL version), Odama, or Battalion Wars (dent on the back of the box).

Again, I consider Pikim 2 sealed in original form worth 2 games.

bread's done
Back