How Long Does It Take To Beat This Game Thread - Now a wikii!

[quote name='SimpRgr8']Someone should send Cheapy D a message, maybe he would be interested in having a whole area like this. Maybe even advertise this thread a little, and get a lot more people showing their times.

I beat The Saboteur in 9 hours without doing much of the side missions. I played it on the PS3, but it's also available on the 360.[/QUOTE]

No, no one likes your ideas! Anyway does anyone have a rough estimate of SMT: Strange Journey?

[quote name='Poshbishounen']No, no one likes your ideas! Anyway does anyone have a rough estimate of SMT: Strange Journey?[/QUOTE]

The first post says

Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey: 30/80

But personally I'm at 60 hours and I've not beaten it. I've fallen asleep a few times with the DS on though, then woke up and saved, so it probably added a few hours. I'm near the end though, and I keep using different monsters to obtain their formas, and not using a map (save for one time in the E-zone, cause of the stupid teleports).

Nice...I got caught up on the flight school mission for a while, that kinda set me back.

[quote name='Foo228']70 hours to beat San Andreas here (almost completed it)[/QUOTE]

Spider-man: Shattered Dimensions on PS3 - 11 hours on hard. I meandered a little bit, and got stuck on some protection missions and the last boss for a while. I probably died about 5 times on the last boss fight because of a glitch. The camera would change to some shot of nothing (under the stage). I couldn't move- eventually something would kill me.

One of the factors you are scored on is "completion time", and it looks like the highest rank is awarded for 20-25 minute completions. That means, 25 min x 14 levels = just under 6 hours would be the minimum.

PS3 - White Knight Chronicles - 30/600

Single player took 30 hours for me to beat. If you're going to play the multiplayer for any length of time though, you should play single-player a second time to get the special chests only available in new game+. Once that's done, the grind towards a platinum ends up at a nice round 600 hours.

Mafia II start to platinum about 20 hours, Final Fantasy XIII took me around 186 hours start to platinum, and Last Rebellion took me 10 hours start to platinum. Alpha Protocol also took me about 32 hours to platinum.

Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions on 360: Took me 11 hours on normal, 74% completion, 121/180 challenges, 30/42 achievements for 550 GS.

I'm by no means an action game expert - average at best ;)

Shank on XBLA took me 4-5 hours, 10/12 achievements for 150 GS.

[quote name='elessar123']The first post says

Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey: 30/80

But personally I'm at 60 hours and I've not beaten it. I've fallen asleep a few times with the DS on though, then woke up and saved, so it probably added a few hours. I'm near the end though, and I keep using different monsters to obtain their formas, and not using a map (save for one time in the E-zone, cause of the stupid teleports).[/QUOTE]

Glad I'm not the only one that falls asleep with their DS, padding my rpgs with sleepy hours.

Anyone know how long the first (and second I guess) Deathspank games are?

@Mr Unoriginal
Have you ever considered making this project into a wiki? :)

[quote name='Clark.Griswold']Anyone know how long the first (and second I guess) Deathspank games are?

@Mr Unoriginal
Have you ever considered making this project into a wiki? :)[/QUOTE]

I think the first one took me about 8-10 to get all the trophies. I would wiki it but I don't know shit about wiki. Want to help?

Halo 2 on the Xbox on legendary difficulty set me back a week. I spent a whole day on the first level. :(

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal']I think the first one took me about 8-10 to get all the trophies. I would wiki it but I don't know shit about wiki. Want to help?[/QUOTE]
I don't know anything about how to create wiki's either, but I suppose I could Google it. I work in IT, but not a programmer or anything. Just standard desktop support type stuff.

It's something I've been thinking of for a long time, me and a coworker have talked about it a lot actually. No time this week but maybe next week I'll poke around and see what I could find out.

I wonder if the people who run CAG would be interested in hosting it. Maybe I'll make a thread about it in the Feedback section.

Edit: Thread created. Let's see what they say. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Clark.Griswold']I don't know anything about how to create wiki's either, but I suppose I could Google it. I work in IT, but not a programmer or anything. Just standard desktop support type stuff.

It's something I've been thinking of for a long time, me and a coworker have talked about it a lot actually. No time this week but maybe next week I'll poke around and see what I could find out.

I wonder if the people who run CAG would be interested in hosting it. Maybe I'll make a thread about it in the Feedback section.[/QUOTE]

Cool, sounds good. I know there is a CAGWiki for stuff like trade-in vaules, maybe it would be easy to add it there.

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal']Cool, sounds good. I know there is a CAGWiki for stuff like trade-in vaules, maybe it would be easy to add it there.[/QUOTE]
You'd think so for sure. I guess we'll wait and see what they say.

Dragon Quest IX - took me 70 hours just completing main storyline, and doing a fair amount of sidequests and grinding.

Total time logged on DMC 4 (story) was close to 10 hours, and that's with the rest of Dante's missions to complete on Dante Must Die.
Still can't quite knock down Bloody palace, spent around 3 hours and died at stage 100 :(

Professor Layton Unwound Future took me 18:01 to see "The End". I had 153 solved.

Another hour to finish the rest of story mode, and another 2-3 hours for the bonus section. I used help on the parrot puzzles. So I guess 21-22 hours for 100%.

[quote name='elessar123']Professor Layton Unwound Future took me 18:01 to see "The End". I had 153 solved.

Another hour to finish the rest of story mode, and another 2-3 hours for the bonus section. I used help on the parrot puzzles. So I guess 21-22 hours for 100%.[/QUOTE]

Took me 9 hours to beat this game straight through with the minimum amount of puzzles.

Sorry for double post, but Sonic 4: Episode One took me 1.5 - 2 hours. I played it on the PSN, but it's also available for the XBLA.

Persona 3: 52 hours - LVL 75, 71 hours (Most of Elizabeth's quests done, main party level 99.)

i am about 72 hours into the game and my main character is only level 46, and the date in the game is 9/28, am i doing something wrong?

Update 10/29: 97 hours level 61, date in game is 11/27, 5th block tartarus

Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage Xbox 360/PS3 - 13 hours to complete Ken's Story mode. Another 4 hours for Dream mode.

[quote name='Amblix']Star Wars The Force Unleashed 2 (Medium) - 3.5 Hours

Star Wars The Force Unleashed 2 (Unleashed) - 4.5 Hours[/QUOTE]
I didn't keep very precise time- and I was trying to be generous. These times are probably more accurate than mine.

[quote name='nbballard']I didn't keep very precise time- and I was trying to be generous. These times are probably more accurate than mine.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, even being generous this game is disappointingly short.

I mean 4 levels? C'mon, 2 of whic hare on the same pla net, one of which is on the way back tosaid planet.

Oh and Boba Fet and Yoda, don't even get me started.

Well dear friend Mass Effect (360) takes around 3 days to beat the first time if you do all sidequests.People have posted 12-15 if you just blow straight through the story missions.

Kand & Lynch 2 Dog Days - 2.5 Hours (Normal)

I sat down and had a bathroom break, was not expecting it to be so easy and short.

[quote name='Amblix']Kand & Lynch 2 Dog Days - 2.5 Hours (Normal)

I sat down and had a bathroom break, was not expecting it to be so easy and short.[/QUOTE]

Someone mentioned this before, probably in threads about purchasing it.

[quote name='blackjaw']360
Arcania: Gothic 4 - 16 hours (all side quests complete)
CoD: Black Ops - 5 hours (normal)[/QUOTE]

I can't beleive Arcania is so short. I guess you weren't rushing since you finished the side quests. I just finished Risen and wanted another Western RPG. Would you recommend it?

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal']I can't beleive Arcania is so short. I guess you weren't rushing since you finished the side quests. I just finished Risen and wanted another Western RPG. Would you recommend it?[/QUOTE]

I ended up finishing at level 28 (2 short of the level 30 achievement) and had about 2/3 of the "hidden" items for the collect everything achievement. I'm sure with another 4-5 hours I could have gotten full achievement points.

Eh...I don't really recommend it at full price. It was an alright playthrough...not worth full price. If you are interested I have it on my trade list and we could work something out.

Resonance of Fate (Ps3/360) - 60 hours.

Character levels - 97, 114, and 94 out of a possible MAX level of 300. Some side missions done, but not all of them. I rushed the last 5 chapters to just beat the game and avoided the side missions. So 60 is more of "just story, with a little side missions time" not a 100% time.

[quote name='Amblix']Kand & Lynch 2 Dog Days - 2.5 Hours (Normal)

I sat down and had a bathroom break, was not expecting it to be so easy and short.[/QUOTE]
This and SW:TFU2. You are on a roll! What's next, Luigi's Mansion? :)

bread's done
Back