How Long Does It Take To Beat This Game Thread - Now a wikii!

(PSP) Dissidia: Final Fantasy (on Casual Mode)- About 13 hours to defeat the final boss (Chaos of Shade Impulse).

(DS) Dragon Quest V: Hand of the Heavenly Bride- 23 hours.

Anyone have the time for Excite Truck? I've read 10 hours to complete all races, trying to see if buying a copy would be worth the time.

I've seen Excite Bots for less than 20 at Frys, anyone have the time on that too?

glad I saw this thread.... busy schedule and its nice to read through these.

Keep up the good work OP!

Looks like Ill try to run through Batman before classes start Wed.

[quote name='Trusty Mutsi']Would anyone consider Forza 2 a game that can really be completed?[/QUOTE]

You mean 100%? That would be take quite a bit of time. The Arcade Mode is easy to finish in a short time frame but the main mode will have you playing for weeks.

Rugrats Search for Reptar - 1.5 hours

I was sick and decided to play through it. Plus, I knew people were dieing to know how long this game takes to beat.

[quote name='Dingleberry']Rugrats Search for Reptar - 1.5 hours

I was sick and decided to play through it. Plus, I knew people were dieing to know how long this game takes to beat.[/QUOTE]

Woah, stop the fucking presses, I had to get this up ASAP, thaks!

[quote name='TheShepherdSauce']Hm, can anybody give me an estimate on Valkyria Chronicles?[/QUOTE]

Valkyria Chronicles- 40 hours, give or take a few.

PS2

Dark Cloud 2: Story - 60+ hours.
Completing 100% - May take around 100+ hours.

Just to let you guys know. My Dark cloud 2 has a total of around 800 hours :|.

1st save file - 400+ hours
2nd save file - 300+ hours
3rd save file - 150+ hours

How long does it take to beat Splinter Cell: Double Agent? I don't want to be stuck in the middle of a game when my preorders of Uncharted 2 and Brutal Legend come in.

[quote name='salazare']Valkyria Chronicles- 40 hours, give or take a few.[/QUOTE]

It really takes that long to beat? It took me around 25-30 hours to beat. Majority of stages are really easy to beat.

[quote name='Count']PS2

3rd save file - 150+ hours[/QUOTE]

I can vouch for the original time of 60+ hours to beat and 100+ hours to complete. It might even take less with the proper research.

[quote name='fatbeer']It really takes that long to beat? It took me around 25-30 hours to beat. Majority of stages are really easy to beat.

I can vouch for the original time of 60+ hours to beat and 100+ hours to complete. It might even take less with the proper research.[/QUOTE]

Depends, remember.. there's still Zelmite mines after. And with a guide, it may make everything faster. But still, if you want to complete 100% everything, it's definitely gonna be 100+ hours.. Even more.

Spheda, Georama, Camera, creations, etc.

I've managed to reach at the point that each attack hits 35k :applause:

But I think I overkilled this game at this point. lol

[quote name='Count']PS2

3rd save file - 150+ hours[/QUOTE]

Still in my backlog, but I know a few people who have put a lot of time into the game. Maybe I'm mistaken, but I got the impression this was kind of a Zelda-esque game with a lot of customizability. What kept you coming back?

[quote name='Agrippan']Still in my backlog, but I know a few people who have put a lot of time into the game. Maybe I'm mistaken, but I got the impression this was kind of a Zelda-esque game with a lot of customizability. What kept you coming back?[/QUOTE]

Don't know, I was a bit young back then, and this game made me think as my sort of perfect world. Don't know why, but I guess it's just me. :whistle2:# Every element of an action RPG/RPG I liked was fit in this game, and I don't think any game will ever beat the features DK2 had.

The soundtrack was amazing also. Why can't most RPG have these kind of music?

I was also really creative back then, and I loved the feature how you can combine ideas you picture and make up something. I just love how the lifestyle of the game was. :hot:

But yeah.. I was around 12 back then. Totally the best memories of my life. :cry: lol corny but it was awesome.

[quote name='Hostile']How long does it take to beat Splinter Cell: Double Agent? I don't want to be stuck in the middle of a game when my preorders of Uncharted 2 and Brutal Legend come in.[/QUOTE]

It has been awhile, but I think it took me about 10-12 hours to beat it on Normal. Just depends on how good you are at the game, you could run through it really quickly if you are good at it.

I took 11 hours to finish Shadow Complex. I wasn't rushing through it though: I explored around a lot. I ended up getting 100% of the items and 100% of the map. To 100% the game, though, would require multiple playthroughs.

Great idea for a thread, I don't know how many times I've went looking for this info and had trouble finding it. Glad I finally stumbled upon this thread. Just a suggestion though, a wiki entry for this would be awesome and save the OP some time doing all the edits manually.

Anyway, just thought I'd add one.

WiiWare:
Contra Rebirth ~1 hour (on easy)

Can you please fix the listing for Uncharted 1. Change from this:
Uncharted: Drake's Fortune: 7/11 (Normal)
to this
Uncharted: Drake's Fortune: 7 (normal) / 11 (hard/70% of medals).

PS2
Castlevania: Lament of Innocence
About 7 1/2 hours to beat end boss; Got about 90% of all secrets. If I wanted to 100%, it would probably take an extra hour. Only did one playthrough.

By the way, fun game. Story is weird, but gameplay is pretty fun. Not too frustrating, decent whip combos and nice music. Read some reviews that it's too short, but I like the length. If you want to extend the replay value, there are extra characters with different powers to unlock.

I'll throw one in.
Borderlands, level 36 siren, missed one backpack upgrade, approximately 22 hours (played mostly co-op with one other person).

(710/1000 if memory serves.)

I have two free rentals that are about to expire and am looking to pick up a game that can easily be beat in the five day rental window. I don't want to have to play the game for every night of the week to beat it, but would like to enjoy myself on something that's not worth paying for new or used.

I have a list together at what I was considering.... Are these times accurate? What two would be the best for a short, but fun, play-through? Am I missing something?
  • Blacksite Area 51 (6)
  • Army of 2 (8)
  • Gears of War 2 (8)
  • Ghostbusters (9)
  • Star Wars: Force Unleashed (9)
  • Batman AA (10)
  • Fable 2 (10)
  • Red Faction Guerrilla (12)
  • Borderlands (?)

[quote name='rywateska']I have two free rentals that are about to expire and am looking to pick up a game that can easily be beat in the five day rental window. I don't want to have to play the game for every night of the week to beat it, but would like to enjoy myself on something that's not worth paying for new or used.

I have a list together at what I was considering.... Are these times accurate? What two would be the best for a short, but fun, play-through? Am I missing something?
  • Blacksite Area 51 (6)
  • Army of 2 (8)
  • Gears of War 2 (8)
  • Ghostbusters (9)
  • Batman AA (10)
  • Fable 2 (10)
  • Borderlands (?)
[/QUOTE]

Fable 2 and REd Faction can probably take much longer if you decide to do side quests, but the main story is about that long. The rest look right to me though.

Ghostbusters could easily be beaten in a 5 day window if you play a few hours at a time. Not a whole lot of side-stuff to mess around with unless you care about achievements, and it's a pretty fun story to play through.

[quote name='rywateska']I have two free rentals that are about to expire and am looking to pick up a game that can easily be beat in the five day rental window. I don't want to have to play the game for every night of the week to beat it, but would like to enjoy myself on something that's not worth paying for new or used.

• Blacksite Area 51 (6)
  • Army of 2 (8)
  • Gears of War 2 (8)
  • Ghostbusters (9)
  • Batman AA (10)
  • Fable 2 (10)
  • Borderlands (?)
[/QUOTE]

If you want the most enjoyable experience, I'd recommend Batman.

[quote name='MWrights']Me and a friend completed Halo 3 :ODST in 2:30 hours on legendary.[/QUOTE]

Seriously? A first playthrough is 2 and a half hours?

[quote name='MWrights']Me and a friend completed Halo 3 :ODST in 2:30 hours on legendary.[/QUOTE]
I call bullshit. Me and Shimrra took a little less than 7 hours.

Uncharted 2 took me like 14 hours but I spent a decent amount of time looking for treasures, admiring the scenery, and trying stealth when I could've just done gunning.

Call of Duty MW2, about 5:30 on Normal, only 2/45 intel found.

EDIT: On second thought, I realized I didn't arrive home at exactly 12 (Duh) so the campaign was closer to 4:45-5 hours.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back