How much are Wii-motes going to cost?

mkg12

CAGiversary!
Feedback
45 (100%)
Consoles usually come with one controller. The basic controller that will probably come with a Wii will be the remote stick with the nun-chuck analog stick attachment. Since the Wii-mote has so much crap on/in it, how much do you think Nintendo is going to charge people for Wii-motes if they want to play multi-player games? I mean wireless Xbox360 controllers already cost $50 bucks....:whistle2:?

I don't think it would really have anything to do with NES lightgun costs, but they'll be priced similarly or less than 360 and ps3 controllers so I'd think $40-$50 (I put 40).

$40 or whatever the wavebird costed at debut adjusted for inflation.

But! I think Nintendo will offer some sort of incentive for picking them up at that price. Even if we can pick up a Wii at $250 with two chucks, it'd be pretty harsh to buy two more at $40 each and be up to $330 without a game. I'm going to be pissed if/when a rechargeable version comes out halfway through the console's cycle.

If the 360 controller costs $11 to make, I'd say the nunchuck will cost at least $25 to make, probably sell for $50.

I think $50.. that thing has so much tech packed into it with the accelerometers, rumble and a speaker.. there is even talk of there being some internal memory inside the controller to store a player's personal settings and options that would be loaded automatically when the Wii was powered on via that particular controller.

[quote name='Robobandit']I think $50.. that thing has so much tech packed into it with the accelerometers, rumble and a speaker.. there is even talk of there being some internal memory inside the controller to store a player's personal settings and options that would be loaded automatically when the Wii was powered on via that particular controller.[/quote]

I'm thinking...that kind of tech might be linked to the system itself. E.g. you're not going to be bringing it over your friend's house and having your profile pop up. Just a guess though.

[quote name='cochesecochese']I'm thinking...that kind of tech might be linked to the system itself. E.g. you're not going to be bringing it over your friend's house and having your profile pop up. Just a guess though.[/quote]

maybe so.. but with WiiConnect24, having a profile move with your controller (even if it is stored on your console..) would definitely be plausible.

When asked about possible internal memory in the controller, Nintendo declined to comment.. and Miyamoto had said something in an interview about wanting people to feel attached to their controllers.. it would be really sweet if you could go over to a friend's house with your controller and have his games adjust themselves to your sensitivity settings without having to manually change it in the options :)

Nintendo's pushing too hard on their value ticket to sell the remote/nunchuck package for more than $40. As is, that'll probably be about as much as a game. Current gen controllers were all $35 at their respective launches, if i remember correctly. If you consider the cost of buying a remote/nunchuck AND the Virtual Console controller, I'd see the cost being as high as $60 total - assuming $35-40 for the remote/nunchuck as a ceiling price and $20-25 for the VC controller, which is just hopeful on my part.

Actually, there's something to the memory built into the controller theory. When I spoke to a rep at E3 they told me that they want there to be some way to somehow have one character setting for all games, so for example if you want your face in Wii Sports on your tennis character you can do that, but not only that, but you can use the same profile/look for let's say the next Wii Sports game or Wii Orchestra or whatever they come out with. If that's the case then maybe they come out a little more. Still, I voted $40 because if there's anything Nintendo is absolutely masterful at, it's providing technology for a reasonable price to the masses. Besides that they may be able to sell them for a small loss considering most people will want at least two ,if not four total.

[quote name='Chrono72090']I'd really just like to see 4 people trying to play a wii game on one tv :lol:[/QUOTE]
I hope Red Steel has a versus multiplayer incorporating sword fighting. You could actually face off against your opponent.. who cares about looking at the screen?

[quote name='Robobandit']When asked about possible internal memory in the controller, Nintendo declined to comment.. and Miyamoto had said something in an interview about wanting people to feel attached to their controllers.. it would be really sweet if you could go over to a friend's house with your controller and have his games adjust themselves to your sensitivity settings without having to manually change it in the options :)[/quote]

Yeah, that would be nice wouldn't it? What kind of internal memory do you think it would use? That's probably less than 500k of data we're looking at so I'm going to guess a small flash chip.

I'm gonna guess that the wiimotes will be $35 to match the current Wavebird price. The nunchuck will be $10 by itself, and you could get both in a pack for $40.

The classic controller ought to be $20, w/ a coupon code to get a few free downloads on the VC.

I really do not see the numchuck being sold separately from the wiimote. I think they'll come in a pair, but maybe I'm wrong. I'm guessing probably around $30-40.

I think the system might sell wtih two wiimotes. What will be interesting to see is if the classic controller comes packed in, as well. Considering the Virtual Console will be a big push (you'd think) for Nintendo, it would make sense to include it so people could start downloading right away.

[quote name='elwood731']I really do not see the numchuck being sold separately from the wiimote. I think they'll come in a pair, but maybe I'm wrong. I'm guessing probably around $30-40.

I think the system might sell wtih two wiimotes. What will be interesting to see is if the classic controller comes packed in, as well. Considering the Virtual Console will be a big push (you'd think) for Nintendo, it would make sense to include it so people could start downloading right away.[/QUOTE]
Yeah. Considering the VC is pure profit outside of bandwidth costs, they could easily sell the controller at a loss and make up for it with the games.

About the memory device rumored to be in the Wii-mote...

What if (and you know it's gonna happen) your controller broke? Does that equal instant memory loss?

[quote name='rabbitt']About the memory device rumored to be in the Wii-mote...

What if (and you know it's gonna happen) your controller broke? Does that equal instant memory loss?[/quote]

A broken Wii and memory loss? So 60 year old dudes are their new market....

Well I wouldn't think that they'd have game saves on there, just a small profile that could easily be synced with the Wii and transferred to a new remote. Hopefully they'd incorporate something like that.

[quote name='yukine']$24.95!!1111[/QUOTE]

I hope so!! I'm *not* gonna pay a lot for that muffler!!!

$24.95 seems too low. It would kick ass, but it seems too low.

I hope Nintendo goes with the strategy "everyone and their best friends friends friends friends friends friends friend will buy this system and accesories. So we only have to mark it up a little because we'll sell about 80 million units."

Probably $30, maybe $40. I would say $10-15 per attachment. Or maybe they might do the whole bundle with the classic and light gun shells for something like $50-60.

$34.99 for the Wii-mote
$24.99 for the Virtual Console controller
$24.99 for the light gun, but it'll also be bundled with a game (Duckhunt?) for the regular game price of $49.99

[quote name='rlse9']$34.99 for the Wii-mote
$24.99 for the Virtual Console controller
$24.99 for the light gun, but it'll also be bundled with a game (Duckhunt?) for the regular game price of $49.99[/QUOTE]

$25 for the light gun? Absurd! It looks like it's just a shell that you put a Wii-mote into! $10 max. With a d/l for Duck Hunt.

[quote name='Scobie']$25 for the light gun? Absurd! It looks like it's just a shell that you put a Wii-mote into! $10 max. With a d/l for Duck Hunt.[/quote]

That would be sexy. Very sexy.

[quote name='Scobie']$25 for the light gun? Absurd! It looks like it's just a shell that you put a Wii-mote into! $10 max. With a d/l for Duck Hunt.[/QUOTE]
It just doesn't look that way, it actually IS that way. I can't imagine it would go over $15, but maybe I'm wrong.

[quote name='Giygas']Where's the option for "other" in this poll?[/QUOTE] What would go under the "other" option? Are you planning on bartering wth Nintendo or something?

:lol: I picked $40, which technically, since you asked about the remotes, is correct. We'll pretend we weren't talking about the whole package there.

bread's done
Back