How will this guy run on 360?

There's conflicing info on RCA's and Wal-Mart's site, but that may not be an HDTV at all. It may just be an SDTV with an ATSC tuner in addition to NTSC (which all TVs now have, at least over a certain size). RCA (aka Thompson consumer electronics) is a terrible brand.

Even if it is an HDTV (which isn't clear), you'll be stuck letterboxing most 360 games, which will make it maybe the equivalent of a 20" screen.

[quote name='OzCatter']Then what is a good HDTV for a price around there?[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure there are any HDTVs for that price, unfortunately. Amazon has Samsung's 30" CRT for $660, and Sony's 34" for $860, which is about the best I've heard of. (Not sure that the Samsung's are that great though, I've heard of weird issues with their CRTs, at least their larger ones.)

Hopefully someone else will have some other suggestions. The 360 does support computer monitors though (although not all games display right on 4:3 monitors even though they should all at least letterbox).

That one is NOT and HDTV, just an SDTV with a digital tuner. This will be about as close as you can get TV wise, else you can go with a monitor.

May I also recommended checking out sears, they have great deals there and I got my 32"Samsung HDTV there for $1100(retail anywhere else was $1800 at the time)

I went through this process recently. As long as you do not have a PS3 get a CRT HDTV for now. Although prices are going down very fast on HDTV's so deals should be out there for you. It may be hard but the prices are going down very fast on LCDs so you may want to wait out a little longer.

Try to check stores instead of looking online. TVs change their outer plastic shells alot (Samsung) and stores don't like to have the old stock.

Oh and remember if you live in America by march of this year every tv produced to be sold in America must have HDTV(part of Congresses switch to HDTV to be complete in 2009)

That is NOT An HDTV. The resolution it does is 480I, Wich is exactly the same as standard def.

Your best bet is buying a VGA Cable for your 360.

Id try the Philips outlet (online), I got my 30" widescreen HDTV for under 400 shipped, for the money spent it was a good deal, and had to save money for the new 1080p LCoS JVC 61' I have being shipped to me at this time

Eventually to complete the conversion to HDTV, will be picking up a 32" Vizio from Sam's club (new models are out, but have problems with the first batch, so I can wait on those to be fixed)

[quote name='F8X']
Oh and remember if you live in America by march of this year every tv produced to be sold in America must have HDTV(part of Congresses switch to HDTV to be complete in 2009)[/QUOTE]

I thought that the agreement was for the providers to switch everyone to digital content, not just HDTV.

[quote name='richierich']I thought that the agreement was for the providers to switch everyone to digital content, not just HDTV.[/quote]

Right. Analog will be shut off and everyone must be digital. There is no mandate that digital broadcasts must also be HD.

[quote name='CAG 79']I got this one from Wal-Mart for $484 with a 2 year replacement plan included.[/QUOTE]

That's what I have too... but I got mine a month or two before they dropped to $484, I think I paid $494 ;)

[quote name='zman73']Id try the Philips outlet (online), I got my 30" widescreen HDTV for under 400 shipped, for the money spent it was a good deal, and had to save money for the new 1080p LCoS JVC 61' I have being shipped to me at this time[/QUOTE]
People on FW hate the Philips outlet site. Apparently they don't really "refurbish" anything and just send it out as is.

bread's done
Back