How's your (and I don't mean bodily functions) gas?

Admiral Ackbar

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Last Tuesday on the fourth I filled up my tank at $1.75 a gallon. On Thurday the 6th I passed the same station and it was $1.89. Now I'm at half a tank and it's $1.96!

I've been using th company car a lot to save on gas as well as restricting my travel. But I know I'm going to probably fill up early next week. Personally, I don't really mind. I mean, you have to pay for it, no matter what. No use crying about it. But it's been quite a recent increase and just wanted to see how other CAGers fare.

By the way, I'm in Newark, DE.

I try to hold off for 5 cents off a gallon days, but even with that, it was $2.05 a gallon. The average station now has it for $2.09 around Buffalo, it goes up the closer you get into the city.

Low end on regular is $1.75 right now, high end is $1.89.

Premium is usually right around $2, I see a lot of stations trying hard not to hit $2. Lots of $1.98 and $1.99 premium prices.

I get mine for about $1.82 near the suburbs.. In the city, the highest I've seen is $1.97. I'm in Little Rock, AR. It sucks pretty bad.. it used to cost me about $15 to fill up my Eclipse.. now it takes about $20.

2.18 In Gary, IN for the cheap stuff

2.38 In Chicago, IL !!!!

This is unfortunate because concert season is starting, Lots of shows = lots of gas...

Its $1.81 for regular here in Baltimore. I remember the good ole days when gas was only $.89. God I'm old.

Yeah you are.
On first thought i'm glad I don't have to pay this ridiculous tax prices. they're about 1.98 regular here everywhere, give or take a couple cents.
But then on second thought i fear they'll be around 2.50-3.00 a gallon by the time i get MY car.

I'll be saving up for a Honda Electric hybrid that you can plug in the wall, let-me-tell-you.

Guess what? For once I can blame all of the SUVs and trucks without getting in trouble - people agree with me! :wink:

It's going to be a few years before I get my own car...I'll just use our oldest car for driving to school next year, and odds are that I won't need a car for college. When I do, though, I'm definitely leaning towards a hybrid...

i use premium in my car and it costs an arm and a leg. last time i checked (probably went up) it was at $2.48 in oc!!! thank goodness i don't live in frisco. i can only imagine what it costs up there.

Pretty sure there have been a lot of studies lately that show hybrids are a waste of money. You pay more for them up front then you save very little gas money.

I was just thinking about the old gas prices today. Passed an old closed gas station that still had it's price board up. $1.10 a gallon when it closed. Damn.

[quote name='doraemonkerpal']i use premium in my car and it costs an arm and a leg. last time i checked (probably went up) it was at $2.48 in oc!!! thank goodness i don't live in frisco. i can only imagine what it costs up there.[/quote]

do you need premium? Alot of people really don't

I just drove home from work and was noticing the prices. I saw the cheap stuff going for $2.01. The good stuff was like $2.47.

I'm not really into politics, and I don't want to make a political issue out of it. But I don't understand it. We are supposedly helping one of the largest oil producers in the world. So why do the prices keep going up?

[quote name='BULL_Ship'][quote name='doraemonkerpal']i use premium in my car and it costs an arm and a leg. last time i checked (probably went up) it was at $2.48 in oc!!! thank goodness i don't live in frisco. i can only imagine what it costs up there.[/quote]

do you need premium? Alot of people really don't[/quote]

i just go with that my manual tells me, lol. i have a sports car :) luckily, i still get about 19 to 20 miles a gallon.

i know what you mean though. i see a lot of people filling up with 89 or 91 b/c they think it gives them better mileage or more horsepower, but their car doesn't need it.

my friend has a 2000 prelude and it's supposed to use 91, but he fills it up with 87, LMAO! he says he's gonna hopefully sell his car soon and he wants to save some money, lol! cheapass!

[quote name='doraemonkerpal'][quote name='BULL_Ship'][quote name='doraemonkerpal']i use premium in my car and it costs an arm and a leg. last time i checked (probably went up) it was at $2.48 in oc!!! thank goodness i don't live in frisco. i can only imagine what it costs up there.[/quote]

do you need premium? Alot of people really don't[/quote]

i just go with that my manual tells me, lol. i have a sports car :) luckily, i still get about 19 to 20 miles a gallon.

i know what you mean though. i see a lot of people filling up with 89 or 91 b/c they think it gives them better mileage or more horsepower, but their car doesn't need it.

my friend has a 2000 prelude and it's supposed to use 91, but he fills it up with 87, LMAO! he says he's gonna hopefully sell his car soon and he wants to save some money, lol! cheapass![/quote]

Yah i always see oldpeople filling up their (fill in old people type car here) with premium.

But if you do need it you save more money than all the repair bills your friend is gonna have haha.

[quote name='PsyClerk']Pretty sure there have been a lot of studies lately that show hybrids are a waste of money. You pay more for them up front then you save very little gas money.

I was just thinking about the old gas prices today. Passed an old closed gas station that still had it's price board up. $1.10 a gallon when it closed. Damn.[/quote]

Actually, the hybrids are moderately priced (around 20 Grand)... and they go about twice as far ona tank of gas. At todays prices... and the price of gas only going higher... it'll pay off in no time.
BTW, it's $1.83 in SC and climbing.

[quote name='BULL_Ship']http://www.gaspricewatch.com/usgas_index.asp

just use this if your really interested in gas prices

Anyway mine is 2.23 per gallon in socal[/quote]

This site has an ad on the bottom for hemmoroid relief. That's appropriate.

its like $1.90 ish for gas here in friggin Austin, TEXAS. I'm pretty sure that once it hits $2 here the natives ( "native texans" ) will start rioting. You heard it here first.

[quote name='Naughty_Insomniac']We are supposedly helping one of the largest oil producers in the world. So why do the prices keep going up?[/quote]

Don't worry. I've heard rumors that W has a pact in place to lower gasoline prices right before the election. Hurray! He's saved us again!

[quote name='x0thedeadzone0x']Yeah you are.
On first thought i'm glad I don't have to pay this ridiculous tax prices. they're about 1.98 regular here everywhere, give or take a couple cents.
But then on second thought i fear they'll be around 2.50-3.00 a gallon by the time i get MY car.

I'll be saving up for a Honda Electric hybrid that you can plug in the wall, let-me-tell-you.[/quote]

Electric hybrid vehicles do not get plugged into outlets. They run on gas but have a series of batteries that are charged through various means (alternator, regenerative breaking, etc.). The next vehicle I buy will definitely be a fuel efficient vehicle. I have a jeep Cherokee that guzzles gas. I bought my wife a Toyota Echo that seems to average around 35-40 mpg. Not bad, but I want something with better gas mileage than that.

[quote name='PsyClerk']Pretty sure there have been a lot of studies lately that show hybrids are a waste of money. You pay more for them up front then you save very little gas money.

I was just thinking about the old gas prices today. Passed an old closed gas station that still had it's price board up. $1.10 a gallon when it closed. Damn.[/quote]

These studies are no doubt performed by Detroit auto companies. If you keep your vehicle for its standard life (I think 8 years) you should come out ahead. You would definitely come out ahead at the current gas prices.

[quote name='doraemonkerpal']i use premium in my car and it costs an arm and a leg. last time i checked (probably went up) it was at $2.48 in oc!!! thank goodness i don't live in frisco. i can only imagine what it costs up there.[/quote]

its 3.00 a gallon in santa barbara for a premium

[quote name='MaxBiaggi3'][quote name='Naughty_Insomniac']We are supposedly helping one of the largest oil producers in the world. So why do the prices keep going up?[/quote]

Don't worry. I've heard rumors that W has a pact in place to lower gasoline prices right before the election. Hurray! He's saved us again![/quote]

As much as I dislike President Bush, this cannot be blamed on him. The blame goes to the majority of both parties for not supporting increased fuel efficiencies. Technology is currently available to auto manufactuers to make cars get 50 mpg and suvs/trucks 30 mpg. They are not using this technology because 1. the government is not forcing them to use it and 2. consumers aren't interested in fuel economy (at least they weren't). Obviously, people who buy vehicles that are not fuel efficient (and this includes myself) are just as much to blame for the current situation. If we could hit the above fuel targets, this would save more gasoline per year than is currently imported from the Middle East.

2.17 for me for prem. :( at least I get good mileage.

I have a 92 civic with an importaned SIR engine. Its similar to a Integra Type R engine.

bread's done
Back