HP Touchpad $99.99 / $149.99

osugsxr

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
General Info thread: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302423

OnSale Reseller Rating form
- http://www.resellerratings.com/store/survey/Onsale

Check FedEx shipping status for HP shipments by reference #, use HP order # as reference #.

32GB TP Stock Checker @ BB B&M

16GB TP Stock Checker @ BB B&M

HP Folio Case Stock Checker @ BB B&M
HP Touchstone Stock Checker @ BB B&M
HP Keyboard Stock Checker @ BB B&M

[quote name='doodofdoods']Buy all 3 accessories together and save 15% on top of that. buy a 4th item and you'll save 20% off the entire order. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Global-...ns/pcmcat247000050015.c?id=pcmcat247000050015

Case
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Fo...362592326&skuId=2884119&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=3

Touchstone

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+To...363391792&skuId=2884085&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=4

Keyboard

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Wi...363391404&skuId=2883101&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=5[/QUOTE]

Matte / Anti Glare Screen Protectors to fingerprint-proof the screen of your device:

Since everyone is asking for people to get them one when they can't find one on their own, let's try to keep the requests to this thread here:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302074

-----
HP.com states that they are trying to fulfill orders and may have leftover stock

http://www.shopping.hp.com/go/touch...ight_banner_touchpad_oos_821&aoid=35252#faq_1

Also, more information on orders placed through HP.com
As of the 23th, your best bet is HP restocking if you dont have a pad.

There is also Newegg but we may have to see.

------

HP is dropping the tablet...
http://www.precentral.net/hp-begins-touchpad-liquidation-16gb-cut-99-32gb-149-1

Retailers:
Places Previously Live With Drop (SOLD OUT):
USA:
* Conn's, in-store only YMMV
* Costco No Warehouse has them
* Datavis (priced at $120 and $170) [datavis.com](Sold Out)
* Datavis on eBay [ebay.com] (Sold Out)
* Fry's (Sold Out)
* HP Home & Office - 16 GB [hp.com] (Sold Out)
* HP Home & Office - 32 GB (Sold Out)
* HP Small & Medium Business - Call at 1-866-625-0242 OR 1-(800)-277-8988 and you can place orders. You need to try couple of times for the phone to connect. They are taking orders. I just placed order for four 16gb touchpads. -- wait times > 1hr Sold Out
* J&R(Sold Out)
* MicroCenter - 16 GB(Sold Out) - Orders which were confirmed by email are being followed by cancellation emails, even in cases of ordering only 1.
* MicroCenter - 32 GB(Sold Out)
* Office Max [officemax.com] (Sold Out)
* Office Depot (Sold Out) (apply 942099541 for free $15 giftcard for lunch. Good for subway/panera bread/burger king)
* PC Richard (Sold Out)
* Radio Shack (Sold Out online, YMMV in-store)
* Sam's Club (Sold Out)
* Target (Sold Out)
* Walmart (Sold Out for online shipping, choose your local store to see if it's available for instore pickup)
* HHGregg [hhgregg.com] Sold Out

Probably any major retailer will have it, not sure of the price though!

32gb $499 drops to $149
16gb $399 drops to $99

Probably best option to be able to purchase one is going to be tomorrow morning!!

Good luck..
Have at it

Best buy
http://www.bestbuy.ca/Search/Search...re%20Site&pcname=MCCPCatalog&AllowSecure=True

now selling them!

HP site
Little help apparently from SDer's
FIRST MAKE SURE YOU DELETE ALL COOKIES AND CLEAR CACHE WITH CCLEANER OR OTHER PROGRAMS!

1. Go to https://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/shopping/register_epp.do

2. Use 2727 as code.

3. Register with any email.

4. After finished registering, close the final page/ tab

5. Click the product link in the first original post of this thread and price will change.

6. Add to cart and check out.

DO NOT USE PAYPAL! For some reason it did NOT work for me. I used Visa

Try this in case as well...best of luck to all who are interested
can call 1-866-221-4553 or order online at full price, but you will only be billed the reduced price. Not sure if the coupons will work Save30HP ($150) Save15HP, but it guarantees you will get one... I think these will be sold out by 6a EST when they reflect the price online.

COUPON CODES

$30 off $150 - use coupon code SAVE30HP (for 32GB model add a cheap filler such as paper [hp.com] and order them one at a time)

$15 off $75 - use coupon code SAVE15HP

$10 off $50 - HPSAVE10

http://hp.force.com/external/hpacademy

Register your .edu email, and then click on the appropriate link in OP (16gb or 32gb) you will see the discount, then check out for further discount($15 or $30 depending on what coupon you use)

Amazon is live!!! SOLD OUT
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0..._rd_t=301&pf_rd_p=1263465782&pf_rd_i=touchpad

Originally Posted by DirkBelig
Let's clear up one thing: HP is killing their webOS DEVICES, not the OS itself. I got an email today from HP webOS Developer Relations that read:

Dear webOS developer:

We have opened the next chapter for webOS, and we understand that you must have many questions. Yesterday we announced that we will focus on the future of webOS as a software platform but we will no longer be producing webOS devices. While this was a difficult decision, it's one that will strengthen our ability to focus on further innovating with webOS as we forge our path forward. Throughout this journey, our developers will continue to be a vital part of the future of webOS.

We will continue to support, innovate and develop the webOS App Catalog. Our intent is to enhance our merchandising and presentation of your great products and to continue to build our webOS app ecosystem.

As many of you are aware, we are currently scheduled to hold many developer events around the world. We are planning to continue with these events, however, due to the recent announcements; the nature of them will change. These updates will be posted on our events registration site this coming week. We are eager to present to you the updated strategy for webOS and to hear your feedback.

Lastly, I wish to express our sincere appreciation for your ongoing support for webOS and the many teams responsible for it here at HP. This is a particularly dynamic time in the mobile industry and sometimes tough decisions need to be made about not only what to do, but also what not to do. This has been one of those times. Together with our great webOS developer community, we are confident that we will meet the challenges ahead and build momentum for optimal success.

We will be communicating with you frequently over the next few weeks and we look forward to hearing from you throughout this process.

Thanks for your support

Richard Kerris
VP webOS Developer Relations

It may be a futile, doomed effort, but they aren't killing and totally orphaning the Touchpad. Yeah, it's going to be limited, but it's ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS! A 9.7" tablet with Gorilla Glass screen for a C-note. Hell, I'm gonna get one just cuz! There's a Kindle app, so BAM!!! $100 eReader!

Last edited by a moderator:
B&N sent two scheduled to ship emails
For the record I ordered on 9 40 and 42 PM.
I created two orders with one quantity each.
Both scheduled to ship!

This is the email I received:
Thank you for shopping with us.

Your order is scheduled to ship. All the details of your order appear below.

We are glad we could be of service and look forward to your next visit.

-- Barnes & Noble

[quote name='testaroo']B&N sent two scheduled to ship emails
For the record I ordered on 9 40 and 42 PM.
I created two orders with one quantity each.
Both scheduled to ship!

This is the email I received:
Thank you for shopping with us.

Your order is scheduled to ship. All the details of your order appear below.

We are glad we could be of service and look forward to your next visit.

-- Barnes & Noble

[/QUOTE]

Tiny charcoal letters on a slightly lighter charcoal background.

Classy.

[quote name='kouleefoh']Lol nobody is say msrp isnt a deal yet huh? Because technically this is the new msrp isnt it?[/QUOTE]

Gargus is dieing inside :lol:

[quote name='DudeImGodly']Tiny charcoal letters on a slightly darker charcoal background.

Classy.[/QUOTE]

Copied whatever was on my gmail.

If there is an estimate shipping date, is there an email we receive?

I'm kind of paranoid now, I got my order in at 9:25 PST and haven't gotten anything except the first intial emails. I should've just straight up payed with a credit card instead of having to go through PayPal.

I'm still stuck at the "In Progress: Not yet shipped" part. :(

i ordered 3 hrs ago..and said eh hopefully.... and then i was checking my account just now and said wut!!! im missing 100$...and they charged me without even shipping it!!!..like it said.. went back to check my order status and now i guess its shipping aug 24th :).. but no 2ND EMAIL LIKE IT SAID HMMMM and i paid straight cc no paypal

To anyone who's awake.. Staples is live right now.. quickly!

edit: Nevermind.. I thought I got in, but their website was OOS again.. must have been a bug or something.. sorry
Ughh.. I hate this lol

[quote name='rcx4']To anyone who's awake.. Staples is live right now.. quickly!

edit: Nevermind.. ughh.. I hate this lol[/QUOTE]

I'm seeing OoS online and at local stores.

Staples has been out of stock way before the website displayed the price drop.

Geez, looks like Verizon might run out of those cheap cases as my order is in a queue to be processed and could take up to three business days!

[quote name='RealDeals']Changed from In Process to Not Yet Shipped... been around 3 hours, any ideas? :whistle2:k[/QUOTE]
u pay with cc or pay pal? mine said the same maybe 4 hours not 3 and then i got no email but they took the money and updated to ship 24th..

[quote name='xbx4lfe']u pay with cc or pay pal? mine said the same maybe 4 hours not 3 and then i got no email but they took the money and updated to ship 24th..[/QUOTE]

Technically Paypal but it's linked to a card and went directly through to the card on my PP account.

I do not really want a tablet (personally, I much rather have a iPod Touch, or something equivalent to that), but... this deal is way too insane to pass up.

[quote name='Serious McMopy']I do not really want a tablet (personally, I much rather have a iPod Touch, or something equivalent to that), but... this deal is way too insane to pass up.[/QUOTE]

As an owner of an iTouch, it does suck that some things don't work (Flash) and that the resolution is fantastic (on the new iTouch 4G) but it doesn't have the screen space (I'd like to see one that maximizes the entire front as a screen, fuck that bezel) to do anything decent with. I picked up two of these things for when I want to sit and read. It'll be so much better.

[quote name='soliddragon']Put an order in with Barnes and Noble, we'll see. If it works, whoohoo for Xmas shopping![/QUOTE]

B&N have been canceling orders. I had two separate orders canceled nearly 10 hours ago.

[quote name='chickenbutt']Yea. I don't think I'm going to be using my iTouch anymore at home. The web browser on these are so much better.[/QUOTE]

It'll still be good for on the go though, which is what I'll move mine too. Free WiFi is always available practically everywhere, so its still a nice thing to carry around when out.

Personally, I just want a iPod Touch (or a equivalent) because the portable factor, to me, would be a major plus.

Plus, it would be nice to have a pocket camera.

However, seeing how the 5th generation model looks to be around the corner, no reason to buy one right now.

I will say assuming this order goes through, this tablet should be really nice for bedroom usage, among other things, especially when my current means of Internet bedroom use is the PS3.

I just wish I had some more money right now. This would make for some really nice Christmas gifts.

[quote name='Serious McMopy']
However, seeing how the 5th generation model looks to be around the corner, no reason to buy one right now.[/QUOTE]

And right around the corner from that? 6th Gen. :lol:

hrj384.jpg

fuck

WTF HP? 2010?

So I got mine on Saturday morning and have been messing around with it for a few days now. I knew going into this purchase that WebOs didn't have anywhere near as many apps as iPad, but I thought it was worth getting just to have a respectable tablet. However, I had no idea that the app selection was THIS pathetic. It basically only has Angry Birds and a bunch of garbage...most of which is designed for phones.

[quote name='cRodz']
hrj384.jpg

fuck

WTF HP? 2010?[/QUOTE]

Wait, if you already ordered one of these, a YEAR ago, even before it existed.....

Its a time PARADOX!! Run!!

[quote name='trent82']So I got mine on Saturday morning and have been messing around with it for a few days now. I knew going into this purchase that WebOs didn't have anywhere near as many apps as iPad, but I thought it was worth getting just to have a respectable tablet. However, I had no idea that the app selection was THIS pathetic. It basically only has Angry Birds and a bunch of garbage...most of which is designed for phones.[/QUOTE]So, do you regret the purchase?

[quote name='Dkellar']HP is entering the time machine industry! :whee::whee:[/QUOTE]

Hopefully they pull out of that industry after 2 months too so I can get one on the chizzeap. Got some things I needs to fix and some paradoxes to make.

My 16 was canceled from BN despite being scheduled to ship. What bullshit. Also, the 16s are currently the #1 seller, and 32s are #9. I wouldn't be surprised if the 32s sell out before the price hits in anticipation of the price drop for a price match.

[quote name='Guerrilla']My 16 was canceled from BN despite being scheduled to ship. What bullshit. Also, the 16s are currently the #1 seller, and 32s are #9. I wouldn't be surprised if the 32s sell out before the price hits in anticipation of the price drop for a price match.[/QUOTE]

If one can afford doing that, its probably the best way to go about this. $500 is a lot to have tied up for something if it wasn't planned.

At first, I didn't get a confirmation email, but now I have one (hours later).

But my order still doesn't show in their system's order history.

Anyone else have the same problem?

Still can't email them because their system is overloaded.

Edit: It may be OK. Site says something about orders placed on weekends take extra time to show up.

Those who get this, don't forget about the free 50 GB of storage from Box.net. Just go to the app store and download the Box.net FREE 50 GB STORAGE app or whatever, it will be free and just create an account (e-mail, password, confirm password) and you're done.

[quote name='momouchi']Everyone who ordered online from Best Buy (shipping to your house):

What is you're shipping time saying? Mine says null-null days and I want to know if everyone's says that.[/QUOTE]

My Best Buy order says the same thing.

[quote name='Dkellar']Those who get this, don't forget about the free 50 GB of storage from Box.net. Just go to the app store and download the Box.net FREE 50 GB STORAGE app or whatever, it will be free and just create an account (e-mail, password, confirm password) and you're done.[/QUOTE]That seems like a insane amount of free cloud storage. At least, in comparison to some of the other stuff I've seen online.

Still haven't recieved cancelation e-mails from BB (ordered @ 6:30 am CST yesterday) or B&N (ordered @ 11:50 pm CST yesterday) yet, but with the way things are going I fully expect to.

[quote name='realdeals']put another one in from cc this time ( can't belive it's still in-stock), 50-50 on this still because i'm skeptical they still have this[/quote]cc?

[quote name='technicalstylez']i tried to pm thrustbucket but his mailbox is full, so im gonna post my question here, and if anyone else has info feel free to share.

'hi, thanks for your help in the hp touchpad thread.

i had a quick question for you, do you know of any drawing/sketching/painting apps for webOS?

i purchased the touchpad for use as a portable digital sketchbook and was looking for an app that was similar in function/features to sketchbook pro for ipad, or even as simple as the homebrew "Colors" on nintendo ds. i came across a webOS one called Coloroo but wasn't sure if it was compatible with the touchpad. Any info you may have would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks'[/QUOTE]

Sorry. I've cleared my PM box.

I have personally never used one or looked for one but I have come across several in the App Catalog. I can't vouch for how good they are.

[quote name='eliter1']I have a Pixi but you can't update it to webOS 3. Can they still communicate? I have seen some videos that say the Pre with webOS 3 and the Touch Pad have some type of connectivity.[/QUOTE]

You were only going to be able to do "touch to share" with the Veer and Pre3, because it requires special hardware. However, if you have ANY webOS phone you can connect with it via bluetooth and make calls through it on the Touchpad. This is something Honycomb nor iPad can do.

[quote name='bgame2']@thrustbucket:

How can we add books to be used with the kindle app. I have some e-guides for certain games that I have in mobi and epub formats but kindle won't recognize them. Sadly they are too big for preaders because they are over 10 MB.[/QUOTE]
Unfortunately nobody has figured out if it's possible to sideload books into Kindle yet. There is this thread to follow about progress on that though.

[quote name='chickenbutt']SNES Emulator on this thing is nice :D
Anybody know if there are any video player apps that work like the KalemSoft Media Player?[/QUOTE]
KalemSoft is the best third party media player. It plays nearly everything and can also stream from your computers. If $8 is too steep for you, try the demo at their website.

[quote name='MetalWych']I know many devs are working on an Android port (which is why I ordered one). Hopefully they will have Honeycomb running on it soon...:lol:[/QUOTE]
I'm not sure why you'd want to downgrade to Android unless there is some very specific apps it has that you need that WebOS doesn't.
Honeycomb is a clunky mess compared to webOS, but I'm biased.... ;)

BTW, apparently it's really easy to use CHROOT and get a version of ubuntu working on it (even within cards!). People have done that to get open office to run on it etc. Currently, however, it requires a bluetooth keyboard.

[quote name='trent82']So I got mine on Saturday morning and have been messing around with it for a few days now. I knew going into this purchase that WebOs didn't have anywhere near as many apps as iPad, but I thought it was worth getting just to have a respectable tablet. However, I had no idea that the app selection was THIS pathetic. It basically only has Angry Birds and a bunch of garbage...most of which is designed for phones.[/QUOTE]

There are quite a few quality apps for the TouchPad. More than honeycomb as last I checked. What is it you were after that you can't find? Are you just complaining about games?

[quote name='tilcfast']My Best Buy order says the same thing.[/QUOTE]

I just checked mine and online it says "Order in process of being fulfilled; Usually ships in 0 - 1 days." and the conformation email I got yesterday says "Order in process of being fulfilled. Estimated arrival date: 08/24/2011 - 08/27/2011". I ordered mine at 7:15 am CST yesterday.

[quote name='Serious McMopy']So, do you regret the purchase?[/QUOTE]

Regret really doesn't apply in this situation considering that I can easily sell it on eBay and get all of my money back plus a little extra. I'm just trying to decide if I should sell it and use the money to get the next iPod Touch when it comes out, possibly in October. That's the kind of device that I've been wanting anyway.

It doesn't help that HP Play (their version of iTunes) is only in beta and doesn't work properly.

[quote name='jkg2k3']I just checked mine and online it says "Order in process of being fulfilled; Usually ships in 0 - 1 days." and the conformation email I got yesterday says "Order in process of being fulfilled. Estimated arrival date: 08/24/2011 - 08/27/2011". I ordered mine at 7:15 am CST yesterday.[/QUOTE]
Mine says similar stuff and also says order can't be canceled, which means its already being processed for shipping. Good sign I suppose.

So B&N is canceling some orders and fulfilling others? Also on the site It's still showing in stock to me.

Did Staples lower their B&M price or just online?

bread's done
Back