HP Touchpad $99.99 / $149.99

osugsxr

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
General Info thread: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302423

OnSale Reseller Rating form
- http://www.resellerratings.com/store/survey/Onsale

Check FedEx shipping status for HP shipments by reference #, use HP order # as reference #.

32GB TP Stock Checker @ BB B&M

16GB TP Stock Checker @ BB B&M

HP Folio Case Stock Checker @ BB B&M
HP Touchstone Stock Checker @ BB B&M
HP Keyboard Stock Checker @ BB B&M

[quote name='doodofdoods']Buy all 3 accessories together and save 15% on top of that. buy a 4th item and you'll save 20% off the entire order. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Global-...ns/pcmcat247000050015.c?id=pcmcat247000050015

Case
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Fo...362592326&skuId=2884119&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=3

Touchstone

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+To...363391792&skuId=2884085&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=4

Keyboard

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Wi...363391404&skuId=2883101&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=5[/QUOTE]

Matte / Anti Glare Screen Protectors to fingerprint-proof the screen of your device:

Since everyone is asking for people to get them one when they can't find one on their own, let's try to keep the requests to this thread here:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302074

-----
HP.com states that they are trying to fulfill orders and may have leftover stock

http://www.shopping.hp.com/go/touch...ight_banner_touchpad_oos_821&aoid=35252#faq_1

Also, more information on orders placed through HP.com
As of the 23th, your best bet is HP restocking if you dont have a pad.

There is also Newegg but we may have to see.

------

HP is dropping the tablet...
http://www.precentral.net/hp-begins-touchpad-liquidation-16gb-cut-99-32gb-149-1

Retailers:
Places Previously Live With Drop (SOLD OUT):
USA:
* Conn's, in-store only YMMV
* Costco No Warehouse has them
* Datavis (priced at $120 and $170) [datavis.com](Sold Out)
* Datavis on eBay [ebay.com] (Sold Out)
* Fry's (Sold Out)
* HP Home & Office - 16 GB [hp.com] (Sold Out)
* HP Home & Office - 32 GB (Sold Out)
* HP Small & Medium Business - Call at 1-866-625-0242 OR 1-(800)-277-8988 and you can place orders. You need to try couple of times for the phone to connect. They are taking orders. I just placed order for four 16gb touchpads. -- wait times > 1hr Sold Out
* J&R(Sold Out)
* MicroCenter - 16 GB(Sold Out) - Orders which were confirmed by email are being followed by cancellation emails, even in cases of ordering only 1.
* MicroCenter - 32 GB(Sold Out)
* Office Max [officemax.com] (Sold Out)
* Office Depot (Sold Out) (apply 942099541 for free $15 giftcard for lunch. Good for subway/panera bread/burger king)
* PC Richard (Sold Out)
* Radio Shack (Sold Out online, YMMV in-store)
* Sam's Club (Sold Out)
* Target (Sold Out)
* Walmart (Sold Out for online shipping, choose your local store to see if it's available for instore pickup)
* HHGregg [hhgregg.com] Sold Out

Probably any major retailer will have it, not sure of the price though!

32gb $499 drops to $149
16gb $399 drops to $99

Probably best option to be able to purchase one is going to be tomorrow morning!!

Good luck..
Have at it

Best buy
http://www.bestbuy.ca/Search/Search...re%20Site&pcname=MCCPCatalog&AllowSecure=True

now selling them!

HP site
Little help apparently from SDer's
FIRST MAKE SURE YOU DELETE ALL COOKIES AND CLEAR CACHE WITH CCLEANER OR OTHER PROGRAMS!

1. Go to https://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/shopping/register_epp.do

2. Use 2727 as code.

3. Register with any email.

4. After finished registering, close the final page/ tab

5. Click the product link in the first original post of this thread and price will change.

6. Add to cart and check out.

DO NOT USE PAYPAL! For some reason it did NOT work for me. I used Visa

Try this in case as well...best of luck to all who are interested
can call 1-866-221-4553 or order online at full price, but you will only be billed the reduced price. Not sure if the coupons will work Save30HP ($150) Save15HP, but it guarantees you will get one... I think these will be sold out by 6a EST when they reflect the price online.

COUPON CODES

$30 off $150 - use coupon code SAVE30HP (for 32GB model add a cheap filler such as paper [hp.com] and order them one at a time)

$15 off $75 - use coupon code SAVE15HP

$10 off $50 - HPSAVE10

http://hp.force.com/external/hpacademy

Register your .edu email, and then click on the appropriate link in OP (16gb or 32gb) you will see the discount, then check out for further discount($15 or $30 depending on what coupon you use)

Amazon is live!!! SOLD OUT
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0..._rd_t=301&pf_rd_p=1263465782&pf_rd_i=touchpad

Originally Posted by DirkBelig
Let's clear up one thing: HP is killing their webOS DEVICES, not the OS itself. I got an email today from HP webOS Developer Relations that read:

Dear webOS developer:

We have opened the next chapter for webOS, and we understand that you must have many questions. Yesterday we announced that we will focus on the future of webOS as a software platform but we will no longer be producing webOS devices. While this was a difficult decision, it's one that will strengthen our ability to focus on further innovating with webOS as we forge our path forward. Throughout this journey, our developers will continue to be a vital part of the future of webOS.

We will continue to support, innovate and develop the webOS App Catalog. Our intent is to enhance our merchandising and presentation of your great products and to continue to build our webOS app ecosystem.

As many of you are aware, we are currently scheduled to hold many developer events around the world. We are planning to continue with these events, however, due to the recent announcements; the nature of them will change. These updates will be posted on our events registration site this coming week. We are eager to present to you the updated strategy for webOS and to hear your feedback.

Lastly, I wish to express our sincere appreciation for your ongoing support for webOS and the many teams responsible for it here at HP. This is a particularly dynamic time in the mobile industry and sometimes tough decisions need to be made about not only what to do, but also what not to do. This has been one of those times. Together with our great webOS developer community, we are confident that we will meet the challenges ahead and build momentum for optimal success.

We will be communicating with you frequently over the next few weeks and we look forward to hearing from you throughout this process.

Thanks for your support

Richard Kerris
VP webOS Developer Relations

It may be a futile, doomed effort, but they aren't killing and totally orphaning the Touchpad. Yeah, it's going to be limited, but it's ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS! A 9.7" tablet with Gorilla Glass screen for a C-note. Hell, I'm gonna get one just cuz! There's a Kindle app, so BAM!!! $100 eReader!

Last edited by a moderator:
I think OD only send updated e-mails during at night. My order got shipped. I'm stop number 95 out of 105. LOL. I think business goes first, and all others last.

[quote name='Panda']I think OD only send updated e-mails during at night. My order got shipped. I'm stop number 95 out of 105. LOL. I think business goes first, and all others last.[/QUOTE]

may i know how to check the stop number?

[quote name='linkbear']Riverside County or Riverside area?[/QUOTE]

Basically I checked the entire Riverside District, and I checked the entire Chino District. This includes city of industry, chino hills, yorba linda, montclair, brea, tyler street, redlands, moreno valley, and basically any store within a 30 mile radius of Riverside or Chino.

[quote name='Nagasami']may i know how to check the stop number?[/QUOTE]

Log into your OfficeDepot account and click your order and check with the status. It should say stop number above "Status: Shipped" IF they're using their own truck and not UPS/FedEx. To the right of the order number.

[quote name='Panda']Log into your OfficeDepot account and click your order and check with the status. It should say stop number above "Status: Shipped" IF they're using their own truck and not UPS/FedEx. To the right of the order number.[/QUOTE]

Ahh..i guest they shipping through the carrier then cause i cant see it. Thanks though :D

I got an email from HP saying "due to high demands, we will have to delay your order. Expect us to ship your order august 25th". I really hope they do. My discover got fully charged and had a cashback notification.

I'm going to be so glad after I get my one and only HP. I just want 1 and I don't want to do any more work getting more than 1. My gamble sticking with just OD paid off. LOL

[quote name='UndeadBrian']Dang i ordered August 22, 2011, 9:10 AM EST i will not be surprised if i get the same email :s[/QUOTE]

ordered mine from B&N on saturday and it got canceled yesterday. my guess is that if you ordered from them expect a cancellation soon.

any word from those of us who placed orders with zones.com?

^^^ Did you get tracking? It'll probably update with something soon. My ShitiCitiCards takes about 3 biz days to show a charge onto my card.

Can't wait to fill out that customer service experience with B&N :)

As for zones - I got an email showing how to check on my order, but thats about it... still in process.

[quote name='Panda']^^^ Did you get tracking? It'll probably update with something soon. My ShitiCitiCards takes about 3 biz days to show a charge onto my card.[/QUOTE]

no tracking still "in process" someone on here posted about 50 pages back about zones saying they would update their orders on the tablets today 8/24 tho.

[quote name='Clown069']Fear itself is still going on in Marvel. basically Red Skull's Daughter unleashes an ancient evil on the earth and corrupts some of the heroes with evil Hammers like Thor's.[/QUOTE]
Seriously? Damn, that's some nutty stuff...I thought they lost their damn mind with Siege, but that takes the cake.

[quote name='ElektroDragon']I keep checking eBay thinking someone with a kind and honest heart will post them at not much over the sale prices. I'm so naive.[/QUOTE]
I hate to be the bearer of bad news but hoping for human kindness on Ebay after this hording frenzy? Yes...yes, you are, I'm sad to say. Maybe a fellow CAG will cut you some slack, however?

[quote name='Panda']I'm going to be so glad after I get my one and only HP. I just want 1 and I don't want to do any more work getting more than 1. My gamble sticking with just OD paid off. LOL[/QUOTE]

Im glad i actually ordered from OD that early morning after my fail attempts at the HP site, for the past 3-4 days I've been miserable waiting to see for any news from OD hoping for it to go through. Thank god it did.

Also just ordered the HP wireless keyboard for $39.99 from amazon lol even though could get for cheaper, however why risk the chance :D

Slickdeals has me angry but I just dont see why everyone jumps on these now. They are very cheap yes, I paid more for my phone than one of these touchpads like most people.

But really come on, how much usage are people going to get out of these? Most already have a laptop computer or something other portable device that they can use that they are just putting out of uses.

Ebay and Amazon in about 5 months are GUARANTEED gonna be flooded with people trying to get rid of these in a few months because they want to get something else....same story different name. I get it but I also dont see why people are taking it to the point of waiting for 12 hours outside a best buy....priorities seem to need changing

[quote name='merchie89']Slickdeals has me angry but I just dont see why everyone jumps on these now. They are very cheap yes, I paid more for my phone than one of these touchpads like most people.

But really come on, how much usage are people going to get out of these? Most already have a laptop computer or something other portable device that they can use that they are just putting out of uses.

Ebay and Amazon in about 5 months are GUARANTEED gonna be flooded with people trying to get rid of these in a few months because they want to get something else....same story different name. I get it but I also dont see why people are taking it to the point of waiting for 12 hours outside a best buy....priorities seem to need changing[/QUOTE]
Still can't get one huh?:lol:

[quote name='cheaphuck']Still can't get one huh?:lol:[/QUOTE]

tried b&n, best buy can piss off. Flipping aint worth the trouble, and I feel like i am hopefully more tech smart than Grandma Rita who is gonna be waiting outside BB all night.

Just kinda shows me how uninformed people can be when they dont take advantage of the internet

put in 3 orders for 1 TP for each order. Kmart and bn orders got canceled. Best buy order went through and received today. Its a good deal for a student such as myself. Sorry peeps I was gonna sell the other TP at retail price if they went through...hope others stop being greedy n give a little

[quote name='merchie89']Slickdeals has me angry but I just dont see why everyone jumps on these now. They are very cheap yes, I paid more for my phone than one of these touchpads like most people.

Ebay and Amazon in about 5 months are GUARANTEED gonna be flooded with people trying to get rid of these in a few months because they want to get something else....same story different name. I get it but I also dont see why people are taking it to the point of waiting for 12 hours outside a best buy....priorities seem to need changing[/QUOTE]

Not again, why not jump on these now is the question i want to ask. Its portable, Its cheaper than a netbook, Functionality almost like an Ipad, usefulness in many ways, Perfect for college students, price is right and can do research while during break time, For people who already have something like Ipad 2 and what not they want to try something new and its their money.

If people want to wait 5 months then go ahead, how much cheaper will it get? $50 USED? Oh really i rather pay $100 now and get my usage out of it instead of waiting 5 months either to get a Used one or New just to save some bucks.

I see why people would wait outside for 12 hours:
- ITS CHEAP!!! 1/6 of the price range for a tablet? OH YA!! Just 1/6 the amount to pay for Ipad I could get TouchPad with almost same functionality.

Complaining...maybe it is like 10%. whats the difference between this and a psp or a netbook or some other item that people DO get sick of, and DO end up selling?

Just asking. Id say many people getting these are the non CAG/SD crowd and are just jumping on the price and will never put android on it and maximize it

FYI: For any CAG's in E Hanover(NJ), Rockaway(NJ) and Syracuse(NY)-Carousel Center, the 16gb Touchpad is showing 'in store only' on the stock locator link that I created.

As far as hardware wise - the touchpad actually is better than the iPad 2 even. It has 1gig of ram, iPad 2 has only 512mb after researched evidence. It has Dual Core 1.2ghz, iPad 2 has 1. the Only thing that the iPad 2 has 2 cameras versus one on the TouchPad, and that the back camera is 720ph hd camera, but still takes crappy pictures.
Im assuming the front camera on the TouchPad will be better for taking Pictures and Videos than the front camera on the iPad 2 and even the Back Camera on the iPad2{For taking pictures}

[quote name='merchie89']Complaining...maybe it is like 10%. whats the difference between this and a psp or a netbook or some other item that people DO get sick of, and DO end up selling?

Just asking. Id say many people getting these are the non CAG/SD crowd and are just jumping on the price and will never put android on it and maximize it[/QUOTE]
The thing is $100 so even if people hate it they can resell it and lose nothing...

And yeah I'm sure many people are not the CAG/SD crowd and have never even heard of android and couldn't care less. It will let them browse the internet, email, facebook/youtube, ereader, watch movies and listen to music...they dont care for more.

I'm sure parents all over bought these for themselves and another for their kids if they got the chance. And again they dont give a crap about maximizing it with android. It's a fantastic deal for $100.

I have two quick, possibly stupid questions.

1. Has the Android OS been confirmed as to coming to the HP Touchpad?

2. Will Android for it be an official release from Google or a homebrew (or whatever it's called) release?

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']:applause:Of course, getting it for $49.99 after the $50 instant coupon on Staples.com would've been an even better deal.;) Had I known mine was going to ship I woulda went back in and ordered a second one to give to one of my parents to play some flash games on or something.[/QUOTE]
Yeah that's insane. I saw the $50 deal but was too late and figured they wouldn't ship anyway. Honestly for $50 I'd have place one order for one then tried another order for about 5 more.

[quote name='Nagasami']Not again, why not jump on these now is the question i want to ask. Its portable, Its cheaper than a netbook, Functionality almost like an Ipad, usefulness in many ways, Perfect for college students, price is right and can do research while during break time, For people who already have something like Ipad 2 and what not they want to try something new and its their money.

If people want to wait 5 months then go ahead, how much cheaper will it get? $50 USED? Oh really i rather pay $100 now and get my usage out of it instead of waiting 5 months either to get a Used one or New just to save some bucks.

I see why people would wait outside for 12 hours:
- ITS CHEAP!!! 1/6 of the price range for a tablet? OH YA!! Just 1/6 the amount to pay for Ipad I could get TouchPad with almost same functionality.[/QUOTE]

"Almost" provides for some very gray area. And technically speaking, if you're referring to the price of a, let's say $499 16GB iPad (also the original-original price of the 16GB Touchpad), the cost difference would be 1/5. While the 80% discount is substantial, it's not the same as 83%. Big enough difference if you've been on CAG, or in school, long enough.

Most of us nerds will likely be able to flash Honeycomb or Linux on to this thing, but the general public will be lost on all that. There's talk of a further divide of HP or a takeover, which could mean bye-bye WebOS. If this is the case, then the bulk of said general public will ultimately be left with a swanky cutting board, especially since hardware is always trying to catch up to software and there's no support for the hardware.

While this may be a seemingly harmless impulse buy (so long as the greenbacks are rolling in), it's a piss-poor investment. And should I even ask how much people have already blown on apps and accessories for their cutting boards? I'm certainly a guilty participant in all this, but at least I'll be able to make the most of my investment.

Btw lol, I got an email from Kmart confirming my price adjustment!

[quote name='PublikDefender']How are you guys ordering the griffen folio from verizon when it asks for a corporate email account? My gmail account isn't being accepted.

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/...cm_ite=**Slick Deals**&cm_ite=**Slick Deals**[/QUOTE]

The problem is obviously the words "slick" and "deals" in the url.

Manual reset my Touchpad by holding the power button and center button at the same time for about 15 seconds. Just FYI in case anybody else as their freezing up.

I received a promotional e-mail from NewEgg titled "It's Tablet Time." My guess this is why NewEgg didn't drop their HP prices because this tablet promotion going on probably was planned ahead of the HP price drop.

[quote name='Video-Gamer']As far as hardware wise - the touchpad actually is better than the iPad 2 even. It has 1gig of ram, iPad 2 has only 512mb after researched evidence. It has Dual Core 1.2ghz, iPad 2 has 1. the Only thing that the iPad 2 has 2 cameras versus one on the TouchPad, and that the back camera is 720ph hd camera, but still takes crappy pictures.
Im assuming the front camera on the TouchPad will be better for taking Pictures and Videos than the front camera on the iPad 2 and even the Back Camera on the iPad2{For taking pictures}[/QUOTE]

Really?? Check this out. Link

Found this on CL.

Hello everybody,
I got some Hp tablet for sale, i figure nobody wants to sell this tuffs with big amount so now its good time for me to sell, if u want to buy alot.
I have 100 HP tablet 16 Gb for 145 each.
and I have 100 HP tablet 32 Gb for 190 each.
Let me know if u want to buy a lot then we can discuss about price, u can negotiate if u buy more than 10. But for single one then price is firm.
Contact me via email, if u come to pick up, i locate by freeway 405 and exit Santa Monica right Gas station.
Thank you

From SD

onSale is favoring purchasers who used priority shipping over those who went with standard. In some cases, people who ordered after you will be getting their order, but you won't, just because you went with a cheaper shipping method. Orders were not handled on a "first-come, first-served" basis like they claimed.

If you're getting screwed over, don't forget to give them negative feedback on their Amazon page and reseller rating websites. They lied, and they deserve to be called out on it.

makes sense to me

[quote name='Dkellar']The problem is obviously the words "slick" and "deals" in the url.
[/QUOTE]
Sup Cheapy

Here is the CAG friendly link
http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/store/accessory?action=accessoryDetails&accessoryId=46407

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']I noticed HP SMB page says Coming Soon.[/QUOTE]

you mean the home and home office?
I saw people posting that about an hour ago. Funny thing is, no natter how many times I refreshed, it just now showed up as "coming soon" on my firefox. Weird. But good news. Rumor on SD is they got their new stock ready for today

[quote name='McNutsack']you mean the home and home office?
I saw people posting that about an hour ago. Funny thing is, no natter how many times I refreshed, it just now showed up as "coming soon" on my firefox. Weird. But good news. Rumor on SD is they got their new stock ready for today[/QUOTE]
Yeah that one H & HO.

bread's done
Back