HP Touchpad $99.99 / $149.99

osugsxr

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
General Info thread: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302423

OnSale Reseller Rating form
- http://www.resellerratings.com/store/survey/Onsale

Check FedEx shipping status for HP shipments by reference #, use HP order # as reference #.

32GB TP Stock Checker @ BB B&M

16GB TP Stock Checker @ BB B&M

HP Folio Case Stock Checker @ BB B&M
HP Touchstone Stock Checker @ BB B&M
HP Keyboard Stock Checker @ BB B&M

[quote name='doodofdoods']Buy all 3 accessories together and save 15% on top of that. buy a 4th item and you'll save 20% off the entire order. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Global-...ns/pcmcat247000050015.c?id=pcmcat247000050015

Case
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Fo...362592326&skuId=2884119&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=3

Touchstone

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+To...363391792&skuId=2884085&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=4

Keyboard

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Wi...363391404&skuId=2883101&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=5[/QUOTE]

Matte / Anti Glare Screen Protectors to fingerprint-proof the screen of your device:

Since everyone is asking for people to get them one when they can't find one on their own, let's try to keep the requests to this thread here:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302074

-----
HP.com states that they are trying to fulfill orders and may have leftover stock

http://www.shopping.hp.com/go/touch...ight_banner_touchpad_oos_821&aoid=35252#faq_1

Also, more information on orders placed through HP.com
As of the 23th, your best bet is HP restocking if you dont have a pad.

There is also Newegg but we may have to see.

------

HP is dropping the tablet...
http://www.precentral.net/hp-begins-touchpad-liquidation-16gb-cut-99-32gb-149-1

Retailers:
Places Previously Live With Drop (SOLD OUT):
USA:
* Conn's, in-store only YMMV
* Costco No Warehouse has them
* Datavis (priced at $120 and $170) [datavis.com](Sold Out)
* Datavis on eBay [ebay.com] (Sold Out)
* Fry's (Sold Out)
* HP Home & Office - 16 GB [hp.com] (Sold Out)
* HP Home & Office - 32 GB (Sold Out)
* HP Small & Medium Business - Call at 1-866-625-0242 OR 1-(800)-277-8988 and you can place orders. You need to try couple of times for the phone to connect. They are taking orders. I just placed order for four 16gb touchpads. -- wait times > 1hr Sold Out
* J&R(Sold Out)
* MicroCenter - 16 GB(Sold Out) - Orders which were confirmed by email are being followed by cancellation emails, even in cases of ordering only 1.
* MicroCenter - 32 GB(Sold Out)
* Office Max [officemax.com] (Sold Out)
* Office Depot (Sold Out) (apply 942099541 for free $15 giftcard for lunch. Good for subway/panera bread/burger king)
* PC Richard (Sold Out)
* Radio Shack (Sold Out online, YMMV in-store)
* Sam's Club (Sold Out)
* Target (Sold Out)
* Walmart (Sold Out for online shipping, choose your local store to see if it's available for instore pickup)
* HHGregg [hhgregg.com] Sold Out

Probably any major retailer will have it, not sure of the price though!

32gb $499 drops to $149
16gb $399 drops to $99

Probably best option to be able to purchase one is going to be tomorrow morning!!

Good luck..
Have at it

Best buy
http://www.bestbuy.ca/Search/Search...re%20Site&pcname=MCCPCatalog&AllowSecure=True

now selling them!

HP site
Little help apparently from SDer's
FIRST MAKE SURE YOU DELETE ALL COOKIES AND CLEAR CACHE WITH CCLEANER OR OTHER PROGRAMS!

1. Go to https://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/shopping/register_epp.do

2. Use 2727 as code.

3. Register with any email.

4. After finished registering, close the final page/ tab

5. Click the product link in the first original post of this thread and price will change.

6. Add to cart and check out.

DO NOT USE PAYPAL! For some reason it did NOT work for me. I used Visa

Try this in case as well...best of luck to all who are interested
can call 1-866-221-4553 or order online at full price, but you will only be billed the reduced price. Not sure if the coupons will work Save30HP ($150) Save15HP, but it guarantees you will get one... I think these will be sold out by 6a EST when they reflect the price online.

COUPON CODES

$30 off $150 - use coupon code SAVE30HP (for 32GB model add a cheap filler such as paper [hp.com] and order them one at a time)

$15 off $75 - use coupon code SAVE15HP

$10 off $50 - HPSAVE10

http://hp.force.com/external/hpacademy

Register your .edu email, and then click on the appropriate link in OP (16gb or 32gb) you will see the discount, then check out for further discount($15 or $30 depending on what coupon you use)

Amazon is live!!! SOLD OUT
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0..._rd_t=301&pf_rd_p=1263465782&pf_rd_i=touchpad

Originally Posted by DirkBelig
Let's clear up one thing: HP is killing their webOS DEVICES, not the OS itself. I got an email today from HP webOS Developer Relations that read:

Dear webOS developer:

We have opened the next chapter for webOS, and we understand that you must have many questions. Yesterday we announced that we will focus on the future of webOS as a software platform but we will no longer be producing webOS devices. While this was a difficult decision, it's one that will strengthen our ability to focus on further innovating with webOS as we forge our path forward. Throughout this journey, our developers will continue to be a vital part of the future of webOS.

We will continue to support, innovate and develop the webOS App Catalog. Our intent is to enhance our merchandising and presentation of your great products and to continue to build our webOS app ecosystem.

As many of you are aware, we are currently scheduled to hold many developer events around the world. We are planning to continue with these events, however, due to the recent announcements; the nature of them will change. These updates will be posted on our events registration site this coming week. We are eager to present to you the updated strategy for webOS and to hear your feedback.

Lastly, I wish to express our sincere appreciation for your ongoing support for webOS and the many teams responsible for it here at HP. This is a particularly dynamic time in the mobile industry and sometimes tough decisions need to be made about not only what to do, but also what not to do. This has been one of those times. Together with our great webOS developer community, we are confident that we will meet the challenges ahead and build momentum for optimal success.

We will be communicating with you frequently over the next few weeks and we look forward to hearing from you throughout this process.

Thanks for your support

Richard Kerris
VP webOS Developer Relations

It may be a futile, doomed effort, but they aren't killing and totally orphaning the Touchpad. Yeah, it's going to be limited, but it's ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS! A 9.7" tablet with Gorilla Glass screen for a C-note. Hell, I'm gonna get one just cuz! There's a Kindle app, so BAM!!! $100 eReader!

Last edited by a moderator:
I feel bad for her. People are being really cruel and hammering her. If she posts about anything non TP related they tell her to basically shut up and get back in the kitchen until she has something worth sharing.

Those people do NOT deserve Touchpads. I wrote to her personally this week via Direct Message and told her my order shipped and she wrote back. She will have news to share once the next shipment is allocated and this debacle is over with. She doesn't want it to feel like sour grapes and announce it beforehand, as she knows she will get shit.

It's basically about future OS updates and stuff. Probably nothing major, but I told her I appreciated all that she has done for info and told her to stay strong against these cruel folk. They are not indicative of all of us.

[quote name='confoosious']Can someone please tell this lady she isn't a 15 year old girl just because she's on twitter. fucking act like a professional.[/QUOTE]

19764-mad.jpg

On one hand, I feel bad for her because the anonymous people on the internet are more than likely being overly cruel to her.
On the other hand, she's inviting it by Tweeting like a teenage girl through what's supposed to be a professional company contact.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='confoosious']Can someone please tell this lady she isn't a 15 year old girl just because she's on twitter. fucking act like a professional.[/QUOTE]

I couldn't agree with you more. It's been three weeks since I started reading her tweets and I've already grown to loath her.

I'll be glad when this is all over, or when I manage to get my own TP because it's getting really hard to continue reading this bubblehead's tweets.

[quote name='JP']Got a newsletter about the Care Pack plans. Funny stuff.[/QUOTE]
Odd. I have yet to get anything other than the Welcome to TP and my receipts from the App Store.

[quote name='kitsunisan']Whoo-hoo, just got my shipping email from QVC! Thanks for the heads up about it gamer_2007! Anyone catch what case was part of the order? Is it the official HP Touchpad case or a knockoff?[/QUOTE]

You're all welcome, I'm just glad many got a chance to order because I know what it was like for me and my friends before we finally got ours. And yes I believe it is the official case.

[quote name='Vader582']Odd. I have yet to get anything other than the Welcome to TP and my receipts from the App Store.[/QUOTE]
http://kb.hpwebos.com/wps/portal/kb2/common/article/74815_en.html

That is what the email linked to. It listed these offers:

HP Care Pack Services for TouchPad

We offer three convenient HP Care Pack offers to choose from, so you can select the one that’s right for you.
1 year Support with ADP

Price: $79 NOW $49

• One year Accidental Damage Protection (ADP)
  • One year unlimited telephone support
  • Offer valid within 30 days of device purchase
2 year Support & Hardware Protection

Price: $89

• Two years hardware warranty
  • Two years unlimited telephone support
  • Offer valid within 11 months of device purchase
2 year Support & Hardware Protection with ADP

Price: $179

• Two years hardware warranty
  • Two years Accidental Damage Protection (ADP)
  • Two years unlimited telephone support
  • Offer valid within 30 days of device purchase
CarePack_KB_Icons_HPCarePack.png
Get it now

We make it easy to buy HP Care Pack Services right on your device.

1. Open Help
    Launcher_Help_icon_CasS09.png
  2. Select HP Care Pack and tap Download HP Care Pack Application.
  3. Tap Free to download, then launch the HP Care Pack
    CarePack_KB_Icons_HPCarePack.png
    app.
  4. Tap an HP Care Pack offer to learn more
  5. Tap Get it Now and complete your purchase.
  6. Begin enjoying your HP Care Pack benefits.

[quote name='Ionotropic']My exhibition mode isn't starting up automatically on touchstone. Anybody know why it stopped working? I do have preware installed..[/QUOTE]

Same here, it starts up if the app to choose is running but not when nothing is open.

I'll do more testing....

QVC brethren:

Are you getting status updates on your shipment? I got the slowest shipping - UPS ground - and it hasn't updated since the 10th on the "shipment progress" area. There's a part above that, and it keeps getting changed - "Updated: 09/14/2011 12:08 A.M. Eastern Time" - but nothing changes beyond the first entry that says "Agent pickup; in transit to UPS facility." An e-mail I got from QVC said the projected delivery date is the 19th, and the UPS site implies something about "your shipment could stay in 'in transit' status until it is delivered" (which is...what I expected), but I haven't gotten any updates.

Not really worried about it; just strikes me as odd.

There are rumors that QVC might be getting more bundles in soon. Not sure that I buy the rumors, but just in case, I have two questions for those who ordered from QVC.

1) Did QVC charge tax on your order?
2) Does QVC accept PayPal?

[quote name='The End']There are rumors that QVC might be getting more bundles in soon. Not sure that I buy the rumors, but just in case, I have two questions for those who ordered from QVC.

1) Did QVC charge tax on your order?
2) Does QVC accept PayPal?[/QUOTE]

I didn't actually complete checkout, but I can answer
1) Yes (TX at least), and shipping. In my case that summed up to be ~30 extra to the bundle price
2) No, only CC, which is why I didn't complete checkout

WTF?

Tiger Direct refunded me for my HP Touchpad yesterday. Previous to that they said my order was canceled.

Today I got an e-mail stating all my products have been shipped, I even got tracking info and what not from them.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']WTF?

Tiger Direct refunded me for my HP Touchpad yesterday. Previous to that they said my order was canceled.

Today I got an e-mail stating all my products have been shipped, I even got tracking info and what not from them.[/QUOTE]

so you are gonna maybe get a free touchpad? luuuckkkyyyyyyy

[quote name='Strell']QVC brethren:

Are you getting status updates on your shipment? I got the slowest shipping - UPS ground - and it hasn't updated since the 10th on the "shipment progress" area. There's a part above that, and it keeps getting changed - "Updated: 09/14/2011 12:08 A.M. Eastern Time" - but nothing changes beyond the first entry that says "Agent pickup; in transit to UPS facility." An e-mail I got from QVC said the projected delivery date is the 19th, and the UPS site implies something about "your shipment could stay in 'in transit' status until it is delivered" (which is...what I expected), but I haven't gotten any updates.

Not really worried about it; just strikes me as odd.[/QUOTE]

Got mine. Was going to sell but my mom wanted to try it. The touchpad is idiot proof so far.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']For reference It's a 16gig bundle, and It's on It's way here tomorrow or Friday.

No one else lucked out?[/QUOTE]

I did too. I actually cancelled the order on my 32 GB b/c they were sold out of remaining items in the bundle and charged me 189 for touchpad. They cancelled and refunded whole amount but still sent the touchpad I think.

[quote name='Strell']QVC brethren:

Not really worried about it; just strikes me as odd.[/QUOTE]
You're doing better than I am, bro. All mine says is "In process," without any evidence that it's been shipped, and I haven't gotten an email since I put in the order.

[quote name='Msut77']Got mine. Was going to sell but my mom wanted to try it. The touchpad is idiot proof so far.[/QUOTE]

lol yes very idiot proof, I guess the early life is the cause of that.

nice! Received my two today and so far so good. Really need to get used to it though. Never used webOS. Typing this on my Touchpad is a bit hard.

[quote name='killer9']damn it verizon are you ever going to restock the griffin folio case[/QUOTE]

I doubt that Verizon Wireless will restock the Griffin GB01988 case because it is a discontinued item, but you can find it HERE for $7.99 shipped.

I was finally able to order 2 16gb Touchpads unexpectedly. Our Corporate Sales rep from on of our IT Computer Vendors contacted us saying they had received about 100 Touchpads in both 16gb and 32gb last friday. So me and my boss immediately jumped on 4 units 2 for each of us. They shipped out today which is pretty good considering i gave up on ever finding any about 2 weeks ago.

[quote name='Layd Dly']I was finally able to order 2 16gb Touchpads unexpectedly. Our Corporate Sales rep from on of our IT Computer Vendors contacted us saying they had received about 100 Touchpads in both 16gb and 32gb last friday. So me and my boss immediately jumped on 4 units 2 for each of us. They shipped out today which is pretty good considering i gave up on ever finding any about 2 weeks ago.[/QUOTE]

Order one for me too!

[quote name='Layd Dly']I was finally able to order 2 16gb Touchpads unexpectedly. Our Corporate Sales rep from on of our IT Computer Vendors contacted us saying they had received about 100 Touchpads in both 16gb and 32gb last friday. So me and my boss immediately jumped on 4 units 2 for each of us. They shipped out today which is pretty good considering i gave up on ever finding any about 2 weeks ago.[/QUOTE]

Any chance of helping me out with 1? Trying to find a TouchPad for my friend. :bouncy:

[quote name='Strell']Note to self: make Monsta Mack order anything for me from now on.[/QUOTE]

Heh. This would be the first time I got *real* lucky on CAG *crosses fingers*

Biggest discount I ever got was thanks to K-Mart when the 360 originally came out. They sent out PRO 360's when I was only charged for the CORE. Course long run it was a crappy deal because the system crapped out and bigger hard drives became available.

[quote name='The End']It's probably a mistake, but if it turns out to be true, Monsta Mack is one lucky bastard.[/QUOTE]

I've seen people get small priced items for free because they canceled a charge and forgot to re-charge. I doubt they would forget to charge me again, but you never know. $170 is a helluva misstep and since someone else on here didn't get charged either I would think Tigerdirect would take notice.

What are the laws for them to charge in terms of a time table? Can they wait a week? days? months? Something maybe I should direct towards javeryh.

SMB order Last Change: 15-Sep-2011 08:04 GMT update today.

Still pending charges on my CC. No changes on my order status.

The only reason I haven't canceled my order is I want to keep participating in this thread.

every day my estimated ship date gets pushed back by 1 day

and after a week and 1/2 of pending charges, the pending charge finally disappeared off my account this morning

I hate the HP SMB waiting game....either charge me or dont....and either change the date or dont, but this back and forth is killing me

[quote name='vanlandw']SMB order Last Change: 15-Sep-2011 08:04 GMT update today.

Still pending charges on my CC. No changes on my order status.

The only reason I haven't canceled my order is I want to keep participating in this thread.[/QUOTE]Same here for my order with the update and the pending CC charge.

[quote name='pico1']As long as the deadbeat resellers lose out I'm happy, even if I don't get one. :applause:[/QUOTE]Those of us with pending HP orders better get them before any HP employees do, especially since they said last week that we would get one.

I have no issues with HP employees getting a chance at once, though HP had better fulfill every single pending order that they've guaranteed will be shipped out and make sure those units ship out before any HP employee gets theirs.

[quote name='pico1']As long as the deadbeat resellers lose out I'm happy, even if I don't get one. :applause:[/QUOTE]
^This.
These are employees at least and they are limiting the orders to 1 per person. This should have been implemented from the beginning.

[quote name='Vader582']^This.
These are employees at least and they are limiting the orders to 1 per person. This should have been implemented from the beginning.[/QUOTE]

True.. I'm just saying that they don't have to resort to ebay or CL. Too bad there couldn't be a 1 per person limit all along.

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']Just ordered a 16gb from Price Pros through Amazon marketplace. Price were $108.35 + sh.[/QUOTE]

Nice, I was too late to get on that.

I'm still looking for one either 16gb or 32gb.

bread's done
Back