HP Touchpad $99.99 / $149.99

osugsxr

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
General Info thread: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302423

OnSale Reseller Rating form
- http://www.resellerratings.com/store/survey/Onsale

Check FedEx shipping status for HP shipments by reference #, use HP order # as reference #.

32GB TP Stock Checker @ BB B&M

16GB TP Stock Checker @ BB B&M

HP Folio Case Stock Checker @ BB B&M
HP Touchstone Stock Checker @ BB B&M
HP Keyboard Stock Checker @ BB B&M

[quote name='doodofdoods']Buy all 3 accessories together and save 15% on top of that. buy a 4th item and you'll save 20% off the entire order. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Global-...ns/pcmcat247000050015.c?id=pcmcat247000050015

Case
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Fo...362592326&skuId=2884119&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=3

Touchstone

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+To...363391792&skuId=2884085&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=4

Keyboard

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Wi...363391404&skuId=2883101&st=touchpad&cp=1&lp=5[/QUOTE]

Matte / Anti Glare Screen Protectors to fingerprint-proof the screen of your device:

Since everyone is asking for people to get them one when they can't find one on their own, let's try to keep the requests to this thread here:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302074

-----
HP.com states that they are trying to fulfill orders and may have leftover stock

http://www.shopping.hp.com/go/touch...ight_banner_touchpad_oos_821&aoid=35252#faq_1

Also, more information on orders placed through HP.com
As of the 23th, your best bet is HP restocking if you dont have a pad.

There is also Newegg but we may have to see.

------

HP is dropping the tablet...
http://www.precentral.net/hp-begins-touchpad-liquidation-16gb-cut-99-32gb-149-1

Retailers:
Places Previously Live With Drop (SOLD OUT):
USA:
* Conn's, in-store only YMMV
* Costco No Warehouse has them
* Datavis (priced at $120 and $170) [datavis.com](Sold Out)
* Datavis on eBay [ebay.com] (Sold Out)
* Fry's (Sold Out)
* HP Home & Office - 16 GB [hp.com] (Sold Out)
* HP Home & Office - 32 GB (Sold Out)
* HP Small & Medium Business - Call at 1-866-625-0242 OR 1-(800)-277-8988 and you can place orders. You need to try couple of times for the phone to connect. They are taking orders. I just placed order for four 16gb touchpads. -- wait times > 1hr Sold Out
* J&R(Sold Out)
* MicroCenter - 16 GB(Sold Out) - Orders which were confirmed by email are being followed by cancellation emails, even in cases of ordering only 1.
* MicroCenter - 32 GB(Sold Out)
* Office Max [officemax.com] (Sold Out)
* Office Depot (Sold Out) (apply 942099541 for free $15 giftcard for lunch. Good for subway/panera bread/burger king)
* PC Richard (Sold Out)
* Radio Shack (Sold Out online, YMMV in-store)
* Sam's Club (Sold Out)
* Target (Sold Out)
* Walmart (Sold Out for online shipping, choose your local store to see if it's available for instore pickup)
* HHGregg [hhgregg.com] Sold Out

Probably any major retailer will have it, not sure of the price though!

32gb $499 drops to $149
16gb $399 drops to $99

Probably best option to be able to purchase one is going to be tomorrow morning!!

Good luck..
Have at it

Best buy
http://www.bestbuy.ca/Search/Search...re%20Site&pcname=MCCPCatalog&AllowSecure=True

now selling them!

HP site
Little help apparently from SDer's
FIRST MAKE SURE YOU DELETE ALL COOKIES AND CLEAR CACHE WITH CCLEANER OR OTHER PROGRAMS!

1. Go to https://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/shopping/register_epp.do

2. Use 2727 as code.

3. Register with any email.

4. After finished registering, close the final page/ tab

5. Click the product link in the first original post of this thread and price will change.

6. Add to cart and check out.

DO NOT USE PAYPAL! For some reason it did NOT work for me. I used Visa

Try this in case as well...best of luck to all who are interested
can call 1-866-221-4553 or order online at full price, but you will only be billed the reduced price. Not sure if the coupons will work Save30HP ($150) Save15HP, but it guarantees you will get one... I think these will be sold out by 6a EST when they reflect the price online.

COUPON CODES

$30 off $150 - use coupon code SAVE30HP (for 32GB model add a cheap filler such as paper [hp.com] and order them one at a time)

$15 off $75 - use coupon code SAVE15HP

$10 off $50 - HPSAVE10

http://hp.force.com/external/hpacademy

Register your .edu email, and then click on the appropriate link in OP (16gb or 32gb) you will see the discount, then check out for further discount($15 or $30 depending on what coupon you use)

Amazon is live!!! SOLD OUT
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0..._rd_t=301&pf_rd_p=1263465782&pf_rd_i=touchpad

Originally Posted by DirkBelig
Let's clear up one thing: HP is killing their webOS DEVICES, not the OS itself. I got an email today from HP webOS Developer Relations that read:

Dear webOS developer:

We have opened the next chapter for webOS, and we understand that you must have many questions. Yesterday we announced that we will focus on the future of webOS as a software platform but we will no longer be producing webOS devices. While this was a difficult decision, it's one that will strengthen our ability to focus on further innovating with webOS as we forge our path forward. Throughout this journey, our developers will continue to be a vital part of the future of webOS.

We will continue to support, innovate and develop the webOS App Catalog. Our intent is to enhance our merchandising and presentation of your great products and to continue to build our webOS app ecosystem.

As many of you are aware, we are currently scheduled to hold many developer events around the world. We are planning to continue with these events, however, due to the recent announcements; the nature of them will change. These updates will be posted on our events registration site this coming week. We are eager to present to you the updated strategy for webOS and to hear your feedback.

Lastly, I wish to express our sincere appreciation for your ongoing support for webOS and the many teams responsible for it here at HP. This is a particularly dynamic time in the mobile industry and sometimes tough decisions need to be made about not only what to do, but also what not to do. This has been one of those times. Together with our great webOS developer community, we are confident that we will meet the challenges ahead and build momentum for optimal success.

We will be communicating with you frequently over the next few weeks and we look forward to hearing from you throughout this process.

Thanks for your support

Richard Kerris
VP webOS Developer Relations

It may be a futile, doomed effort, but they aren't killing and totally orphaning the Touchpad. Yeah, it's going to be limited, but it's ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS! A 9.7" tablet with Gorilla Glass screen for a C-note. Hell, I'm gonna get one just cuz! There's a Kindle app, so BAM!!! $100 eReader!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='sp00ge']Are they available again? This promo code was posted last night and was dead in less than an hour.[/QUOTE]

SD said it's happening again right now. US Promo Code: gjhia60774xmksz

ETA: Dead in less than 10 mins. Someone said that they will give another chance to get it free in a couples of days, but not how accurate that info is though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I received an email from HP this evening. Gist of it is that I should be receiving my Touchpad within the next two weeks.

Full email follows for those interested.

Dear KEYBOARD COWBOY

Thank you for your continued interest in webOS and the HP TouchPad. Good news - your order XXXXXXXX should ship out within the next 2 weeks with free ground shipping. You will receive a shipping notification with a tracking number once your order has actually shipped. Remember, at the significantly reduced price, the HP TouchPad does not qualify for our standard 30 day return policy and is not returnable.

Now that your TouchPad is on its way, check out the latest accessories for your new HP TouchPad* at REDUCED prices. There is a limited supply, so click here to shop now.

If you used a credit card for your purchase: Please check the expiration date of the card used for your TouchPad purchase. If it is set to expire within the next week, you will need to contact HP immediately to update the expiration or provide a new card number. You can call 1-800-888-0292, option 3 to speak to an SMB representative or you can send an email to [email protected] with the subject line “CREDIT CARD CALL-BACK.” Please provide the name on the order, the HP order number and a phone number where you can be reached, and a Customer Service Representative will call you back to update the credit card information. Also note that the credit card used for the purchase will be charged at the time of shipment.

Thank you for your continued patience. We are pleased that we will be able to fulfill your order and look forward to you joining the exciting community of webOS!

Sincerely,

Your HP Small and Medium Business Team
www.hp.com/go/touchpadFAQ

*New accessory orders will ship separately from your TouchPad order.

[quote name='DudeImGodly']You can delete your post just hit edit and look above your post.[/QUOTE]

Ahhh, thanks! That saves space instead of leaving it and typing 'double post'.

***On a different note, when this thread was 'Hyped', I posted about Outback Steakhouse giving away FREE STEAK DINNERS(1million)!!!
Where is the 1 person who said they signed up for their's? Got my giftcard over a week ago and got my meal yesterday!!!!:D YUM!!!:D

Just noticed something. Even though I like Skin #10, it doesn't have start/select features. So, you'd have to choose a skin with start/select features, start the game, minimize the screen, then change options to Skin 10. Not as tedious as it sounds. Same thing would be needed to 'pause'.

Or, you could, just, stick with Skin #9.

[quote name='yuanhongsung']just wanna find out. anyone who order from hp small business on 8/21/11. anyone get their touchpad or ship out yet??[/QUOTE]
I ordered on the 21st, and I'm still waiting.

Good thing hp cleared out their stock before amazon fire got announced, that thing is gonna put a hurtin on android tablets. Anyone else thinking of picking one of those up?

Anyone else still stuck in limbo land from the OnSale restock? When I check my order status through my account it says "no orders", but when I check with order number and zip it says "shipped" with a broken tracking number. Although my card hasn't been charged yet, still hoping.

:shock:
HP (briefly) sells TouchPads at higher prices; feeler for a future market?
Jonathan I Ezor | Mon, 03 Oct 2011 12:42 pm EDT |

10-3-11_HP_Site_Capture.jpg

Very early this morning, the HP direct sales Web site put up the 32 GB TouchPad for sale for a short time. This was notable for a few reasons. First, it was not announced by HP's @Paul_for_HP or @BrynaAtHP, the two HPers who have said they will let folks know when (and if) the restocked TouchPad firesale begins. Second, it was not at the long-standing $150 firesale price; instead, HP offered (and apparently sold) the 32 GB TouchPad by itself, not in any accessory bundle, for $249.99 (a $100 rise).
While this could have been some kind of glitch in the site, we are wondering whether it was in fact a kind of trial balloon to test the market for a higher-priced TouchPad. Perhaps the new CEO, as part of her effort to "explore options to optimize the value of webOS software," is also exploring whether HP could go back into the webOS hardware business at a pricepoint that, if not hugely profitable, would at least largely cover costs and further grow the market for that valuable webOS software. It could, though, just be a test of whether the 100,000-200,000 new TouchPads being built could be successfully sold at the higher pricepoint.
Either way, we're always in favor of more TouchPads coming to market, especially from HP itself. It can only help boost the effort to save our platform.
Source: PreCentral Forums; Thanks to forum user Sam4U for the screenshot

@Gamer_2007... My Touchpad is being wierd when I try to quote you, but I posted the $5.99 joystick for those who mentioned getting the SNES app from the HP store.

[quote name='Vader582']Anyone else see this?

16GB: http://www.shopping.hp.com/store/product/product_detail/FB355UA%2523ABA
32GB: http://www.shopping.hp.com/store/product/product_detail/FB359UA%23ABA

:shock:

This won't end well.[/QUOTE]

And why wouldn't they? Obviously, the fire sale was an absolutely insane move. That it took place less than 45 days from the introduction of what was, arguably, going to be a fairly successful competitor to the iPad - at least in the business world - was just more fuel to the insanity. The CEO that engineered (fucked this up) is already gone. Not ONLY for this fisaco, but it was certainly another nail in the proverbial coffin.

WebOS has proven to be well liked in the touchpad community and gives HP an immediate foothold into the software-centric side of the new (proposed) business model. Amazon selling the Fire at a fairly low price gives HP and opportunity to make more on each tablet and not look like a loss leader (which may have made people feel like they're getting a cheap tablet, rather than a good tablet).

It's wins all the way around if they re-enter the market at a higher price point. The badwill generated from the people that didn't get one will be more than made up for by goodwill from the people that did get them and the people that are able to buy a 32GB Touchpad for $249... And those of us that did get them got a REAL steal if software and apps continue to be made...

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']@Gamer_2007... My Touchpad is being wierd when I try to quote you, but I posted the $5.99 joystick for those who mentioned getting the SNES app from the HP store.[/QUOTE]
Do you have to add the games to the app or they already come with it?

got a email from hp small business today, saying my order is confirm. but might need to wait till the end of the month. they are saying they are trying to send out ALL the order by oct-31st. well at least my order is confirm. that's a good thing i guess

co-worker had someone that worked at HP order one on the 28th through the employee program. It shipped on the 3rd, and as of 10 minutes ago is at her front door.

the two I ordered back on the 21st of august from HP SMB still haven't shown up.

I call shenanigans...

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']http://www.youtube.com/xl If you guys haven't heard about this site yet, you should give the XL version a try. It's more efficient and less choppy.[/QUOTE]

Youtube runs fine on my touchpad. It even runs well at 1080p/i. Other flash sites run pretty choppy though.

I finally received the 16gb that I ordered in August. I'm thinking about not opening it and selling it on eBay around the holidays. I figure they'll be worth more then. I'm not sure if it's a good idea to wait tho, any comments?

[quote name='B0W and Arrow']I finally received the 16gb that I ordered in August. I'm thinking about not opening it and selling it on eBay around the holidays. I figure they'll be worth more then. I'm not sure if it's a good idea to wait tho, any comments?[/QUOTE]

I'd sell it sooner rather than later honestly.

November will bring the $200 kindle fire, then when black friday hits I forsee ALOT of tablet price cuts, given how the touchpads exploded. Combine that with the fact that HP could still sell off excess inventory after they fulfill their current orders (or before, as they've done with the employee program) and you're looking at less of a chance to dump at a profit it the closer x-mas gets

[quote name='yuanhongsung']got my tracking number from hp small business too. anyone know is it one day shipping or??[/QUOTE]

Mine was Fedex ground, so it took a couple of days. But I think I recall someone here saying they overnighted theirs.

[quote name='B0W and Arrow']I finally received the 16gb that I ordered in August. I'm thinking about not opening it and selling it on eBay around the holidays. I figure they'll be worth more then. I'm not sure if it's a good idea to wait tho, any comments?[/QUOTE]

Terrible idea. The price has already come down so much and like someone already said, the Amazon Fire will be the new hotness come November. If you don't want it, you could always sell it to me at cost and I'd be your best friend. :D

Mine was Fedex ground, so it took a couple of days. But I think I recall someone here saying they overnighted theirs. (sorry still dont know how to quote)

i heard that somewhere too but i think that's for anyone who's order got delay. when u got ur??

[quote name='yuanhongsung']Mine was Fedex ground, so it took a couple of days. But I think I recall someone here saying they overnighted theirs. (sorry still dont know how to quote)

i heard that somewhere too but i think that's for anyone who's order got delay. when u got ur??[/QUOTE]

Ordered mine on the 20th, received it about 3 weeks ago or so. I still have one pending order for my mother-in-law that I ordered on the 21st.

Btw, to quote, just click on the "quote" button underneath the post you want to quote, and the system will do the rest for you ;)

When I placed my order I upgraded to UPS 2nd day. That's how they've shipped it out with shipping refunded by HP (though UPS still shows a label was created and there would not be an update until the package arrived at their facility).

[quote name='yuanhongsung']got my tracking number from hp small business too. anyone know is it one day shipping or??[/QUOTE]When did you order yours? I ordered on the 21st. Cs told me it'd be another 2 weeks before it ships.

[quote name='mightymek']Ordered mine on the 20th, received it about 3 weeks ago or so. I still have one pending order for my mother-in-law that I ordered on the 21st.

Btw, to quote, just click on the "quote" button underneath the post you want to quote, and the system will do the rest for you ;)[/QUOTE]

Ahh thx for the info lol

[quote name='ger2396']When did you order yours? I ordered on the 21st. Cs told me it'd be another 2 weeks before it ships.[/QUOTE]

i ordered on the 21st too. and i got the email that comfired my order a few days ago but they said it would still take about 2-3 weeks. the email says they are trying to send out all the orders by oct-31st. but i got that email about 4 days ago and just got my tracking number today.

Mine came in at 6:01 Pm. FINALLY got to use some codes! Ok, I don't have to say 'finally', like they owe me something. However, got all 4 over 40 minutes after the email. WOOP!

I know Glow Hockey HD is fun!

[quote name='Strigol']I'd sell it sooner rather than later honestly.

November will bring the $200 kindle fire, then when black friday hits I forsee ALOT of tablet price cuts, given how the touchpads exploded. Combine that with the fact that HP could still sell off excess inventory after they fulfill their current orders (or before, as they've done with the employee program) and you're looking at less of a chance to dump at a profit it the closer x-mas gets[/QUOTE]

[quote name='ZForce915']Terrible idea. The price has already come down so much and like someone already said, the Amazon Fire will be the new hotness come November. If you don't want it, you could always sell it to me at cost and I'd be your best friend. :D[/QUOTE]

Thanks guys. I knew someone here would be able to help me out...
Ps. Thanks for the offer @Zforce, but I'll pass :D

I ordered on the 21st from HP SMB, and I haven't seen anything saying my order is cancelled yet (despite the website saying my order was the 22nd). And I keep having credit held on my CC (even today), and they said that credit holds would all be released (over a week ago I thought) if your order was indeed cancelled.

So I guess I'm still holding out hope.

[quote name='pjb16']I ordered on the 21st from HP SMB, and I haven't seen anything saying my order is cancelled yet (despite the website saying my order was the 22nd). And I keep having credit held on my CC (even today), and they said that credit holds would all be released (over a week ago I thought) if your order was indeed cancelled.

So I guess I'm still holding out hope.[/QUOTE]

yea. i ordered on the 21st too. so u should get ur soon. they did sent me a email to say that they will try to send out all the order by the 31st. so good luck!!

bread's done
Back