Humble Bundle Thread

you're playing them wrong
ohnoyoudidnt.gif

If you're playing them wrong (like RE5/RE6 singleplayer) then you're not going to get the full experience.
aww.. so we need to have someone else to go through the game with us in order to make it fun?

what a paradox, Crapcom. Even watching grass grow is fun, if ur friend is there with you :speaktothehand:

aww.. so we need to have someone else to go through the game with us in order to make it fun?

what a paradox, Crapcom. Even watching grass grow is fun, if ur friend is there with you :speaktothehand:
I think that depends on what people see as fun.

I had fun w/ a Resident Evil 6 all by myself - especially Leon's campaign + Ada's campaign. Of course, I've been known to play games solo that others want to play co-op or competitively and I've still had fun all by myself - i.e. Diablo series (esp. Diablo 3); Borderlands series; any other ARPG's you can think of.

The problem w/ Ada's campaign is b/c it ties in heavily so much to the other 3 stories and fills in so many blanks, you probably should do Ada's campaign last.

The middle two campaigns could've been great, if they didn't overlap so much w/ gameplay, areas, and the same repetitive boss fights so much in those two campaign's (Chris campaign + Jake campaign). It might not even be best playing those 2 campaigns back-to-back, TBH - especially if you're going solo.

EDIT:

Meanwhile, over here in :whee: Land, some of us are still of the opinion that Resident Evil should have ended after 3.
I'd love to see Resident Evil 2 + 3 brought - and re-ported properly, too - over to Steam & GOG.

Last edited by a moderator:
since we are on the topic of Resident Evil, I haven't touched the series at all.  The last one I tried was the light-gun RE on Wii at my cousin house and we didn't bother with the story much.  Just mindless light gun zombie murdering fun

So do I need to play from the first RE to understand RE4, 5 and possible 6 plot? 

Does plotline even matter for RE game?

So do I need to play from the first RE to understand RE4, 5 and possible 6 plot?

4, 5, and 6 are good, and Darkside Chronicles is a competent light gun game. Avoid the rest. (I haven't played Outbreak.) Co-op is a must for 5 and ideal for 6, especially on the higher difficulties.

Story isn't particularly important, though playing them in order will help you appreciate the world-building and character interactions (especially in RE6).

The games have completely different playstyles, so it doesn't make much sense to compare them. If you're playing them wrong (like RE5/RE6 singleplayer) then you're not going to get the full experience.

Eh, I think different games can be compared provided you can elaborate comparison criteria. But that's a discussion for another day. Otherwise, I more or less agree with your assessments, though I'd argue that co-op RE5 > RE4 and for all the crap in RE6's campaign, it has several exceptionally well-designed combat sequences (+ Mercs). Honestly, I'm inclined to call it the best RE game just because the combat is utterly sublime.

RE6 offered quite a bit of customization options. I liked that you could change the color of the reticle, whether it was a croashair or a laser beam sight, the over-the-shoulder view, horizontal view distance, etc.

Leon's campaign is definitely the strongest out of the lot.

since we are on the topic of Resident Evil, I haven't touched the series at all. The last one I tried was the light-gun RE on Wii at my cousin house and we didn't bother with the story much. Just mindless light gun zombie murdering fun

I started myself w/ RE4 - and I think I've been doing fine w/ following the stories + characters since RE4. I've played RE4,5,6; and RE Revelations 1.

RE6 does try to be epic and bring back a lot of characters from previous Res Evil games.

[Char's thought on RE series]

4, 5, and 6 are good, and Darkside Chronicles is a competent light gun game. Avoid the rest. (I haven't played Outbreak.) Co-op is a must for 5 and ideal for 6, especially on the higher difficulties.

Story isn't particularly important, though playing them in order will help you appreciate the world-building and character interactions (especially in RE6).

Eh, I think different games can be compared provided you can elaborate comparison criteria. But that's a discussion for another day. Otherwise, I more or less agree with your assessments, though I'd argue that co-op RE5 > RE4 and for all the crap in RE6's campaign, it has several exceptionally well-designed combat sequences (+ Mercs). Honestly, I'm inclined to call it the best RE game just because the combat is utterly sublime.
With so much overlapping + recycling of things in RE6 - such as boss fights + areas, which is especially even more so true in both Jake's campaign and Chris's campaign - I think a "Skip" button would've been fine for some parts of the game, if I already experience that boss fight and area in another campaign that I've already completed.

New Humble Mobile Bundle - Kemco:

• Symphony of the Origin
  • Eclipse of Illusion
  • Eve of Genesis HD
Beat the Average for the above and:

• Silver Nornir
  • Fortuna Magus
  • Legend of Ixtona
Unlockable BTA content at bonus goals:

• Knight of the Earthends (at $100k)
  • (More games at $150k and $200k)

New Humble Mobile Bundle - Kemco:

• Symphony of the Origin
  • Eclipse of Illusion
  • Eve of Genesis HD
Beat the Average for the above and:

• Silver Nornir
  • Fortuna Magus
  • Legend of Ixtona
Unlockable BTA content at bonus goals:

• Knight of the Earthends (at $100k)
  • (More games at $150k and $200k)
New Mobile this week? I'm off schedule, I guess. I didn't see it until 20 minutes in and the BTA is over $5.

Any particular recommendations on which of these RPGs to play?  There's a tactical one that looks interesting.  Also, anyone know if the game saves can be backed up and reinstated if I get a new Android device?

Keep in mind that this Kemco bundle, IMO, is not a great deal. Kemco runs $.99 sales on their RPGs fairly regularly. It may be a different group for each sale, but all will most likely be $.99 eventually. With that in mind, the $1 tier is probably the only worthwhile one with the $5.59 BTA so far.

Keep in mind that this Kemco bundle, IMO, is not a great deal. Kemco runs $.99 sales on their RPGs fairly regularly. It may be a different group for each sale, but all will most likely be $.99 eventually. With that in mind, the $1 tier is probably the only worthwhile one with the $5.59 BTA so far.
I'm not sure if the BTA was ever much cheaper than the $5.31 I have locked in. Right now it's four more games for $4 and change. As you point out, that's not so good. If the unlocks happen the math may change a bit.

I'm not sure if the BTA was ever much cheaper than the $5.31 I have locked in. Right now it's four more games for $4 and change. As you point out, that's not so good. If the unlocks happen the math may change a bit.
My lowest was $4.75, but chances are I won't buy it since I don't care much for mobile bundles. Only spiked my interest cuz I saw japanese games in it.

On the low tier sure. The other tiers are meh.

Also I'd still rather pay a little more to have my Android games I will never play connected to Google Play instead of that raggedy Humble app.

If anyone bought the Humble Game Making Bundle this summer, the coupons that came with it are due to expire tomorrow.  Also expiring tomorrow is the $10 Game Dev Fort Store Credit and the one year stencyl license.  This is kind of like a bonus opportunity to gilby this bundle.

Anyone have any thoughts on anything in the Game Dev Fort Store?  There are a couple of $10 tile sets and I'll probably just spend my credit on one of them unless any of the more expensive stuff is must have.

Also, is there any reason to use one of the 90% off coupons on an earlier version of RPG maker if I have VX Ace Deluxe from this bundle?  If not, is there anyone that wants to use my coupons?

Also, is there any reason to use one of the 90% off coupons on an earlier version of RPG maker if I have VX Ace Deluxe from this bundle? If not, is there anyone that wants to use my coupons?
+1's?

I looked into this myself...it appears people are actually still using earlier versions (2000 and 2003) to develop. Why? perhaps later were too expensive or they were used to developing in 2000 or 2003...

I'm tempted to get them (2000, 2003) so I have the maximum available tools at my disposal when I create my CAG waifu game (with CARDZ!!!!!)

I already own Remember Me, so if anyone wants a free copy of it, shoot me a PM.

Claimed, a minute after I posted haha

Capcom really doesn't understand the whole second week unlocks thing. They're supposed to give us shit games like Flock. Instead, they give us a couple of games that people might actually want.

Thanks dumbasses.

is the RE4 PC version a good port or not?
Yes, it's a great port. Started off as a shit port though, until Capcom finally patched all of the issues. Theres even a user made HD texture mod that will be finished eventually that looks really nice

I think the Capcom bundle is officially the best bundle of the year. I can't think of any bundle this year that's been better.

If their goal was to show up Namco's Humble Bundle, they crushed it. Well done.

Remember Me:

3FQV3-J53CD-9XT0R
Tried this figuring it was gone already. Thanks.

Good bonuses. I wasn't expecting them to show up.
Same. Most of us were expecting Dark Void/Dark Void Zero/Flock/Age of Booty or at least one of the older DMCs.

This was pretty neat. If only for the fact that now I don't have to pay out the ass for a 4th version of RE4.

You can keep your kiwi glitch RE bundles, Det!

Eh, Remember Me is the only game I want from the BTA.
If I BTA, I've got you covered.

At least it's better than Ubisoft's Resident Evil 4 PC port.
I thought RE4 PC port (Non-Steam version, from Retail) looked and ran fine. Had no problems there. It's just that the KB-mouse controls were absolutely abysmally atrocious + required you to have a controller. I had a controller, so I was fine there.

So, I'm curious - how did RE4 HD Steam-version w/ the KB-mouse turn out?

Given how Capcom's been w/ PC ports since SF4 PC, I expect more greatness from their RE4 HD PC Steam-version.

So, I'm curious - how did RE4 HD Steam-version w/ the KB-mouse turn out?
Given how Capcom's been w/ PC ports since SF4 PC, I expect more greatness from their RE4 HD PC Steam-version.
Considering I refused to use gamepad on RE4/5/6/Revelations 1/Revelations 2 on Steam.. I'd say the kb/m controls are very good for RE4

The only RE game I had some issues with the KB controls is RE6, but that's mainly because of the way the UI was designed, and Capcom didn't let you bind weapons/items to keys which kind of sucked.

Well that rounds this out as a fuck ing terrible bundle for me, just rubbing my face in yet another purchase. Even worse since I don't have RE Revelatons. and it'd be cheaper to BTA just for that than it would be to buy it on its own from Steam at 75% off..

The 2007 Ubisoft port? Didn't that use the low quality PS2 models and shipped with completely broken lighting?
I bought it in the US - which had a patch applied right out-the-box that fixed the lighting.

A patch (that didn't ship in the box) fixed the lighting in UK version.

If you want to talk about low-quality PS2 models, textures, and videos - fair enough. Not gonna argue there. Still was a great game, no matter how you cut it - even if it was a PS2 port.

But, now having the HD Steam-version - oh, this is going to be freaking beautiful! :)

Well that rounds this out as a fuck ing terrible bundle for me, just rubbing my face in yet another purchase. Even worse since I don't gave RE Revelatons. and it'd be cheaper to BTA just for that than it would be to buy it on its own from Steam at 75% off..
You could easily get Revelations from a bundle split though

bread's done
Back