Humble Bundle Thread

Well that rounds this out as a fuck ing terrible bundle for me, just rubbing my face in yet another purchase. Even worse since I don't have RE Revelatons. and it'd be cheaper to BTA just for that than it would be to buy it on its own from Steam at 75% off..
What Spoder said.

Not to mention that if you got RE4 & 5 from that Kiwi glitch, I have no idea what you're complaining about.

I wish I lived in New Zealand. Must be great to get awesome glitches and then complain about them when they're bundled even though the glitch was less than the bundle split price.

Oh, and that's after making a million dollars from reselling a gazillion copies. That's it, I'm moving!

Last edited by a moderator:
Not to mention that if you got RE4 & 5 from that Kiwi glitch, I have no idea what you're complaining about.
"Yet another purchase". That's singular. One purchase. i.e.: Remember Me. I don't care about the RE pack (although I would have if they'd included RE 6 too), but I do care about Strider, Lost Planet 3, DMC, and Remember Me, each of which cost me more alone than its respective tier.

I wish I lived in New Zealand. Must be great to get awesome glitches and then complain about them when they're bundled even though the glitch was less than the bundle split price.

Oh, and that's after making a million dollars from reselling a gazillion copies. That's it, I'm moving!
Don't be stupid, no one offered me more than a few keys for a RE bundle.

Don't be stupid, no one offered me more than a few keys for a RE bundle.
But those RE packs were $1 each werent they? Which was in NZD which is cheaper than 1 USD. I'd say a few keys is a decent amount of profit, expecially when you can easily buy 20+ copies (I think the limit was 10 copies per hour?)

I have nothing against profiting, I just think it's silly to complain about.

But those RE packs were $1 each werent they? Which was in NZD which is cheaper than 1 USD. I'd say a few keys is a decent amount of profit, expecially when you can easily buy 20+ copies (I think the limit was 10 copies per hour?)

I have nothing against profiting, I just think it's silly to complain about.
And people give me shit over selling 1 copy for 100% profit. Selling a copy for 3 keys is basically 500% profit (each key being ~$2).

But even that aside, I think the BTA would have been a good value for you if you didn't own any of the RE games from that glitch. At least if you got Remember Me from Nuuvem like I assume most CAGs besides me did.

And people give me shit over selling 1 copy for 100% profit. Selling a copy for 3 keys is basically 500% profit (each key being ~$2).

But even that aside, I think the BTA would have been a good value for you if you didn't own any of the RE games from that glitch. At least if you got Remember Me from Nuuvem like I assume most CAGs besides me did.
No, that would be fake CAGs. Real CAGs wait for the bundle.

Did something change with how they do BTA if you want to increase your original amount? I threw in $1.00 when I had somewhere around $6.60 as the BTA, but the site wants an additional $6.03 to unlock that tier for me.

Don't most of us already own Dead Rising 2 already though?
Yes but I'm just measuring quality. Remember Me is garbage. Could have been in the $1 tier. RE4 is... what... six or seven years old? More?

Edit: Ten years old.

Anyone have any thoughts on anything in the Game Dev Fort Store? There are a couple of $10 tile sets and I'll probably just spend my credit on one of them unless any of the more expensive stuff is must have.
I looked through the GDF store a while back trying to see if anything fit with any of my game ideas. Nothing really appealed to me, so I went with the sewer set.

However, the $10 sets are quite minimal and if you actually want to make expansive games, you should really consider the other packs. For example, the Old School Modern pack has much more variety versus the Classic School Tiles and you can get started prototyping faster with their default characters. The $10 sets you'll need to make more art by hand or find other kits, which may not mesh with the first set's aesthetic.

Damn, this turned out to be a great bundle. It was good before the bonuses, but I"m really happy with RE4 being added in here. Can't remember the last time a bonus game came anywhere close to being that good.

I think the Capcom bundle is officially the best bundle of the year. I can't think of any bundle this year that I've begged spoder to buy for me more.
ftfy

"this bundle is awesome"

"if I BTA"

dafuq bobby, y r u so poor

Damn, this turned out to be a great bundle. It was good before the bonuses, but I"m really happy with RE4 being added in here. Can't remember the last time a bonus game came anywhere close to being that good.
As if this bundle wasn't already great, the legendary RE4 Steam Edition HD as an unlock is the icing on the cake here.

Also, I did go through RE: Revelations - Episode 1: The Penal Colony last night and was extremely impressed with it.

Long MysterD Review here for that:

http://steamcommunity.com/id/mysterd/recommended/287290/

Me, Grimlock.
Thanks for the clarification there, Grimmy. There have been times I almost thought [customspoiler=you,]
Revenge_of_bruticus_2_threratenShockwave.jpg
[/customspoiler]

New Humble Books Bundle - Udderly Gigantic Collection:

• IXth Generation #1-5
  • IXth Generation Hidden Files #1
  • Witchblade Vol 1-8
  • Artifacts Vol 1-6
  • Apollo IX #1
  • Artemis IX #1
  • Athena IX #1
  • Poseidon IX #1
  • Aphrodite IX Rebirth Vol 1-2
  • Aphrodite IX Hidden Files #1
  • Aphrodite IX / Cyber Force #1
  • Cyber Force Rebirth Vol 1-2
Beat the Average for the above and:

• Freshmen Vol 1-2
  • Down Vol 1
  • Tales of Honor Vol 1
  • Genius Vol 1
  • The Tithe Vol 1
  • The Darkness Origins Vol 1-4
  • Postal Vol 1
  • Midnight Nation Vol 1
  • Rising Stars Compendium
  • Berserker Vol 1
Pay $15 or more for all of the above and:

• Switch #1
  • Sunstone Vol 1-3
  • IXth Generation: Issue 6
FREE Daily Issue:

• Think Tank #1

Any of our comic buffs have an opinion on this one? Been gradually building a digital comics library out of these Groupees and Humble comic bundles, but I know nothing about any of these that I didn't learn from watching the first couple episodes of that live action Witchblade TV series from when I was a kid.

Any of our comic buffs have an opinion on this one? Been gradually building a digital comics library out of these Groupees and Humble comic bundles, but I know nothing about any of these that I didn't learn from watching the first couple episodes of that live action Witchblade TV series from when I was a kid.
I see that these are only available in PDF format. That might matter, depending on how you like to read your comics.

We have comic buffs?

I see that these are only available in PDF format. That might matter, depending on how you like to read your comics.
It actually does a little. PDF files are wonky in my preferred comic reader.

That said, I meant more in terms of content. Not that I really expect the large majority of CAGs to have read any more comics than they've played games.

Yeah these are raggedy, the the comics equivalent of DRM free. Eww.

I prefer the Comixology or Dark Horse clients, to have everything tied to one of those accounts and to read in single pane view.

PDF? WTF is this an office?

It mainly seems like the 15 dollar tier is for    Sunstone which I can read online (if I want)  Otherwise its just two other comic issues...  Not a big comic reader and also around my kids/family, so I doubt I would even read Sunstone.

Pay $15 or more for all of the above and:

• Switch #1
  • Sunstone Vol 1-3
  • IXth Generation: Issue 6

I bought the BTA, is there any reason to get the 15 dollar tier?
Depends on a few things.

Section 1 - Resident Evil 5

If you've played it - how much do you love RE5 [base-game]? Do you play the hell out of it?

Do you feel that you need to go Top Tier just to turn it into the Gold Edition by owning the Untold Stories DLC?

Section 2 - Street Fighter 4

Do you like fighting games like any MK's or SF games?

If "no" - your decision really should depend on Section 1 + 3.

Do you own any versions of SF4 yet?

If "yes" - Do you play the hell out of SF4?

I have USF4 now - and earlier, I played as Poison earlier for my 1st time ever, and she's awesome. :)

Section 3 - Capcom Is Not That Great At Discounting...

Capcom is not really known for giving excellent discounts on their games + especially DLC's.

Also, just look at the best prices of these two items alone:

Ultra SF4 -> https://isthereanydeal.com/#/page:game/info?plain=ultrastreetfighteriv

RE5: Untold Stories DLC -> https://isthereanydeal.com/#/page:game/info?plain=residentevilvuntoldstoriesbundle

Depends on a few things.

Section 1 - Resident Evil 5

If you've played it - how much do you love RE5 [base-game]? Do you play the hell out of it?

Do you feel that you need to go Top Tier just to turn it into the Gold Edition by owning the Untold Stories DLC?

Section 2 - Street Fighter 4

Do you like fighting games like any MK's or SF games?

If "no" - your decision really should depend on Section 1 + 3.

Do you own any versions of SF4 yet?

If "yes" - Do you play the hell out of SF4?

I have USF4 now - and earlier, I played as Poison earlier for my 1st time ever, and she's awesome. :)

Section 3 - Capcom Is Not That Great At Discounting...

Capcom is not really known for giving excellent discounts on their games + especially DLC's.

Also, just look at the best prices of these two items alone:

Ultra SF4 -> https://isthereanydeal.com/#/page:game/info?plain=ultrastreetfighteriv

RE5: Untold Stories DLC -> https://isthereanydeal.com/#/page:game/info?plain=residentevilvuntoldstoriesbundle
Thanks for the legit reply. I was actually talking about the Top Cow Comic Bundle .

I bought the top tier for Capcon already:)

Top Cow comics are almost nothing but irredeemable trash. To me, they embody the worst trends of 90's comics, the grimdark edginess combined with horrible proportions and cringe-inducing, sexist art. They have refused to move on from that time, dwelling in the absolute nadir of comics storytelling. Even DC, for all of their problems, are leagues ahead of Top Cow in terms of both artists and, to a lesser degree, writers on staff. As for the individual series on offer here:

The Darkness varies in its readability, from "pretty good" to "why am I even reading this?", and Witchblade is garbage from beginning to end. The Darkness video game is unfathomably better than the comic series on which it was (veeeeeeeeeeeery loosely) based.

I have not read these particular ones (the IX issues), but people seem to like Stjepan Sejic's stuff. I can't stand it. His art looks like a DeviantArt Phil Noto ripoff and his writing is extremely subpar. You may have seen his dumb comics about Superman's alien penis or whatever on the internet. Gives me Kevin Smith flashbacks. You know, the guy who decided it would be a good idea to retcon part of Year One so Batman pisses his pants.

Down is from Warren Ellis, but it's far from his best work -- probably near the bottom, to be honest. It's still not bad, but the fact that it's in the BTA tier tells you a lot about the rest of this bundle. The J Michael Straczynski books... He has his fans. I don't think he's bad either (mostly -- Superman: Grounded was truly horrible, in ways you likely thought impossible), his Thor run was pretty okay, but mostly he's not my cup of tea.

The rest I have either never fucking heard of or simply haven't read.

(by the way, the fact that you watched a Witchblade show, from the early 2000s, when you were a kid, makes me feel super old)

bread's done
Back