Humble Bundle Thread

Hope none of you bought year-long Humble Monthly subs.
giphy.gif

This might explain why they offered that $10 promotion last week for new annual subs. They had to know their rep would take a hit from this, so reel in as many annual subs as you can ahead of time.

Holy crap!

I wonder if I can redeem my Desura keys for the couple bundle games I have that used Desura to distribute Steam keys...
Doesn't look like you can get steam keys from desura anymore. I tried accessing some old keys and it says I don't have permission

Not that I care.. I'm surprised the site is back up and running to begin with

Last edited by a moderator:
Doesn't look like you can get steam keys from desura anymore. I tried accessing some old keys and it says I don't have permission

Not that I care.. I'm surprised the site is back up and running to begin with
Lame.

I lost a couple steam keys because of devs doing that. I tried emailing the devs a few months back and most ignored me.

I guess I should've kept up with that one group that would announce stuff like that.

Lame.

I lost a couple steam keys because of devs doing that. I tried emailing the devs a few months back and most ignored me.

I guess I should've kept up with that one group that would announce stuff like that.
Back when Desura was still up but looking like it might drop dead at any moment I used some sort of script to scrape all of my keys from it. I have them in a text file somewhere. I need to go through and figure out what is as yet unused.

I recall that there were some keys that I weren't expecting based on the keys added announcements.

I thought of this when reading the news and responses:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48_S5WpHIXE

Time well tell how it will all work out!

BTW, the RPG Maker Bundle is another FANTASTIC game development bundle.

https://www.humblebundle.com/software/rpg-maker-software

If you are even the slightest bit interested in game development, $1 for RPG Maker VX Ace is a NO BRAINER!

As for the other options, if you want to go all out, go for the $50, since you're getting all 6 RPG Maker's for a little less than the price of the newest version. (Plus this is about the price of all 6 from the Steam sale a while back.) But $15 for 5 of the RPG Maker programs is not too bad as well.

About 48 hours left on these.

As for the other options, if you want to go all out, go for the $50, since you're getting all 6 RPG Maker's for a little less than the price of the newest version.
I'm not in the market for them but I'm curious: Is there any reason to own six different versions of RPG Maker? Like I would assume that RPG Maker 2003 is a better version of RPG Maker 2000. Are all these VX, XP, MV, etc versions used for different things?

Maybe I should spend $1 for the base model and make a cheap shitty $1.29 game to sell on Steam and then, once I sell one copy, I'll have made my money back plus 29¢ profit!

I'm not in the market for them but I'm curious: Is there any reason to own six different versions of RPG Maker? Like I would assume that RPG Maker 2003 is a better version of RPG Maker 2000. Are all these VX, XP, MV, etc versions used for different things?

Maybe I should spend $1 for the base model and make a cheap shitty $1.29 game to sell on Steam and then, once I sell one copy, I'll have made my money back plus 29¢ profit!
Will you have content + DLC + loot boxes + micro transactions + Wisconsin Sales Tax? If so, I will buy Day One!!!!!

My RPG will be an open world with 175,000,000,000 map markers.  Seriously, you won't be able to bump your mouse without tripping over six collectibles, two rescue missions and a flag being hoisted.  Just trying to close the game will start fifteen sub-fetch-quests.  It will be glorious.

My RPG will be an open world with 175,000,000,000 map markers. Seriously, you won't be able to bump your mouse without tripping over six collectibles, two rescue missions and a flag being hoisted. Just trying to close the game will start fifteen sub-fetch-quests. It will be glorious.
In other words, you will slap an early access label on your game, make your 29 cent profit, and then abandon it with 3 map markers and no quests. Will it have cards at least?

The customer service rep that responded said I needed to send a photo ID along with my SSN and birthdate. Is that normal?
No, it's not. He should have also said to include a major credit card. Man, I'm glad you caught that before we had to make you send a second email. Someone's getting written up around here for sure!

My RPG will be an open world with 175,000,000,000 map markers. Seriously, you won't be able to bump your mouse without tripping over six collectibles, two rescue missions and a flag being hoisted. Just trying to close the game will start fifteen sub-fetch-quests. It will be glorious.
The spiritual successor to DA:I I've been waiting for!

tumblr_ogx1uaTwBD1vf6iono1_400.gif

This is your chance to spend $1 instead of $200mil and show us all how you can write the bestest plot and characters ever, MysterD!  You don't need fancy mechanics and graphics to have top notch writing and character development!

This is your chance to spend $1 instead of $200mil and show us all how you can write the bestest plot and characters ever, MysterD! You don't need fancy mechanics and graphics to have top notch writing and character development!
Nope. I want it all. I want AAA everything and want $200 million.

bread's done
Back