Humble Bundle Thread

Really tempted to do $9 for full throttle, almost bought it for more than that in the summer sale. None of the other stuff looks very interesting though.

Maybe next month will have a better monthly so I can get the $2 credit if I hold off for awhile.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ugg Loot Rascals is annoying. I try to use my Xbox 360 wired controller and it works at first, but my controller stops being able to control the game after usually about 3-4 minutes (of which I hear the noise that Windows 10 found a controller). I used this controller with other games before, so this is one that is just stopping working after a bit. I don't know if it's just mine, since I haven't plugged in the controller in a while, but I doubt it since I keep my stuff in decent condition.

Also the game is just not that fun. The equipment system is extremely clunky and the basic system is extremely repetitive. If I would have gotten this on Steam I would have refunded it. Hopefully others wont have the same issues I have playing the game. It works fine with the mouse and keyboard at least, but it's just not that fun. 5/10.

Ugg Loot Rascals is annoying. I try to use my Xbox 360 wired controller and it works at first, but my controller stops being able to control the game after usually about 3-4 minutes (of which I hear the noise that Windows 10 found a controller). I used this controller with other games before, so this is one that is just stopping working after a bit. I don't know if it's just mine, since I haven't plugged in the controller in a while, but I doubt it since I keep my stuff in decent condition.

Also the game is just not that fun. The equipment system is extremely clunky and the basic system is extremely repetitive. If I would have gotten this on Steam I would have refunded it. Hopefully others wont have the same issues I have playing the game. It works fine with the mouse and keyboard at least, but it's just not that fun. 5/10.
The Steam reviews suggest that there is no save function and has been, more or less, abandoned. So you either beat it in one go or leave it on until you're done. It has Rogue-Lite elements of building off gear you collected previously. If you close the game and reopen, all that gear is gone.

So if we want to skip this Monthly we have to do it by Friday right?  The market for Quake and ESO has cooled a bit.  I saw someone offering $4 for Quake and $3 for ESO...decisions...

This friday is the day. i just paused a month so I dont forget.
Same, the crap had more resell value than I thought it would but AAA F2P crap as the headliner isn't something I want to reward.

The real interesting thing to me is pausing seemed to cost me my discount... I've not paused in months. Is this an IGN development?

Same, the crap had more resell value than I thought it would but AAA F2P crap as the headliner isn't something I want to reward.

The real interesting thing to me is pausing seemed to cost me my discount... I've not paused in months. Is this an IGN development?
No, you lose your "benefits" when you pause, including access to the Trove and your discount in the store. It's always been like that.

Humble Extra Life Bundle 2017

Pay $1 or more for:

• Majesty Gold HD (Steam)
  • PAC-MAN™ CHAMPIONSHIP EDITION 2 (Steam)
  • Majesty 2 (Steam)
  • Pathfinder Online Early Enrollment (30-day)
  • Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Digital Beginner Box
  • Pathfinder Core Rulebook
  • Pathfinder Player Character Folio
  • Pathfinder Society Roleplaying Guide
  • Pathfinder Society Pregenerated Characters
  • Pathfinder RPG Bonus Bestiary

BTA for:

• Leviathan: Warships (Steam)
  • Kingsway (Steam+DRM Free)
  • Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition (Steam)
  • Pathfinder GameMastery Guide
  • Pathfinder Advanced Player's Guide
  • Pathfinder Bestiary
  • Pathfinder Strategy Guide
  • Pathfinder Society Season 6: 23-Adventure Super-Pack
  • Pathfinder Ultimate Equipment
Pay $15 or more for!

• Rain World (Steam)
  • Pathfinder Society Season 7: 29-Adventure Super-Pack
  • Pathfinder Inner Sea World Guide
  • Pathfinder Inner Sea Poster Map Folio
  • Pathfinder Chronicles: Rise of the Runelords Map Folio
  • Pathfinder Chronicles: Kingmaker Poster Map Folio
  • Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Skull & Shackles Poster Map Folio
All the Pathfinder things except for the early enrollment thing are watermarked PDF downloads. Cool dollar tier though.

Note: The bundle page says there's no Steam key for Kingsway but the support page says it includes one. https://support.humblebundle.com/hc/en-us/articles/115013615207

There seems to be a new Humble Bundle today - Extra Life Bundle 2017

$1 Tier includes:

• Majesty Gold HD (Steam)
  • PAC-MAN™ CHAMPIONSHIP EDITION 2 (Steam)
  • Majesty 2 (Steam)
And a whole bunch of Pathfinder Online stuff:

• Pathfinder Online Early Enrollment (30-day)
  • Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Digital Beginner Box
  • Pathfinder Core Rulebook
  • Pathfinder Player Character Folio
  • Pathfinder Society Roleplaying Guide
  • Pathfinder Society Pregenerated Characters
  • Pathfinder RPG Bonus Bestiary
BTA Tier

• Leviathan: Warships (Steam)
  • Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition (Steam)
  • Kingsway (DRM-FREE)
  • And more Pathfinder Online stuff
$15 Tier

• Rain World (Steam)
  • And yet more Pathfinder Online stuff

What the hell is Pathfinder Online? I've never heard of it, but maybe someone here who reads this will get excited about it. 

I'm in for $1 since I'm missing all of the Steam stuff.

EDIT: I seem to have been Foxhack'd :Fistshake:

What the hell is Pathfinder Online? I've never heard of it, but maybe someone here who reads this will get excited about it.
It's an open world MMORPG based on Pathfinder. It was supposed to be opened to general enrollment a year ago, but it seems to be still stuck in early enrollment.

Anyway, not touching that with a ten foot pole.

$1 tier is great.  Rest is poop.  Majesty 2 is a bit flawed and not quite like Majesty 1 but I had tons of fun playing it.  Majesty 2 doesn't come with the DLC but if you think you're inclined to play that it's $5 for Majesty 2 + DLC on Steam right now.

Another "surprise" timing bundle.  It is always nice to have another bundle and let us be honest - Extra Life (I do admit it would have been better with a better selection of titles).  It was interesting to me as during the last week or 2 I was wondering if some of the people I donated money to Extra Life during their game-a-thon were going to participate again this year.  Honestly, I am just too old/tired to try for a 24 hour jam (also do not get me started about there is no way my internet provider would have stable service for 24 hours straight.

Another "surprise" timing bundle. It is always nice to have another bundle and let us be honest - Extra Life (I do admit it would have been better with a better selection of titles). It was interesting to me as during the last week or 2 I was wondering if some of the people I donated money to Extra Life during their game-a-thon were going to participate again this year. Honestly, I am just too old/tired to try for a 24 hour jam (also do not get me started about there is no way my internet provider would have stable service for 24 hours straight.
It doesn't have to be online. 24 hour tabletop marathons have happened around here.

It's hilarious because everything I want out of the damned bundle is the $15 tier.  Pisses me off a bit.  (I want the Pathfinder stuff in that tier; the lower tiers are all repeats of previous bundles)

New Jumbo 10 bundle.

In terms of quality, its ok just from that standpoint alone, but all but 2 games are repeats. Even the heavy tier (Wasteland 2) was a regular monthly title. $1 tier all 3 were monthlies.

They're not doing themselves any favors with all the monthly repeats in regular bundles. 5/7 games were monthlied. The highest tier was a regular Monthly unlock itself. Probably recycling keys.

It's a collection of games most already have on Steam. but this time you can have them to play on your mobile device instead. Whee!
I'm mainly just curious as to whether it would be worthwhile to get the Android version of Sanitarium or wait for GOG to drop the PC version to 85% off in 2020.

Is the Wasteland 2 "standard edition" presented here the same as the Classic Edition on Steam, or is it some other permutation?
Classic includes a key for Wasteland 1 on Steam and this does not.

Not impressed with this, but I don't have the Oddworld game or Prototype 2 (or 1, for that matter), so I may BTA it.

I think I only own 1 game here (Grey Goo), but I'm honestly not that interested in many of them. Is it worth throwing $1 at Epistory?
It's worth throwing $1 at Oddworld. Excellent game that's certainly worth playing. I just finished New and Tasty recently. I've played through the original version a couple of times, too.

Epistory would just be a bonus.

Not impressed with this, but I don't have the Oddworld game or Prototype 2 (or 1, for that matter), so I may BTA it.
I don't think Prototype 2 has ever been Humble Bundled:

https://isthereanydeal.com/search/?q=prototype#/page:game/info?plain=prototypeii

Only Bundle that I recall was when Tony had their Amazon Sale Show on GameSpot and Prototype 1+2 Bundle for Steam was $7.49, IIRC. I dunno what kind of magic he worked to get Activision games like that so cheap - but damn, he could pull off some awesome sales in the old days! Those 2 have never been that cheap again!

Hopefully, Prototype 1 is an unlock next week.

I don't think Prototype 2 has ever been Humble Bundled:

https://isthereanydeal.com/search/?q=prototype#/page:game/info?plain=prototypeii

Only Bundle that I recall was when Tony had their Amazon Sale Show on GameSpot and Prototype 1+2 Bundle for Steam was $7.49, IIRC. I dunno what kind of magic he worked to get Activision games like that so cheap - but damn, he could pull off some awesome sales in the old days! Those 2 have never been that cheap again!

Hopefully, Prototype 1 is an unlock next week.
Tony needs to answer the call of duty and come back and kick Activision in the shins until they lower their prices.

It's been 80% off a few times. Close enough.
Maybe, but I don't think you can call yourself a true CAG if you've never had this internal monologue:

Self: Hm. This game has been on sale for $2.49 before, so I could wait for that.

Self2: True, but if I get this alternate version in this bundle, it's less than $1.

Self: You make a fair point, sir. Well-played.

I dunno what kind of magic he worked to get Activision games like that so cheap - but damn, he could pull off some awesome sales in the old days! Those 2 have never been that cheap again!
That was back in the days when everyone was convinced that you could sell new(ish) $40-$60 games for $5-$10 and make it up in volume.

Maybe, but I don't think you can call yourself a true CAG if you've never had this internal monologue:

Self: Hm. This game has been on sale for $2.49 before, so I could wait for that.

Self2: True, but if I get this alternate version in this bundle, it's less than $1.

Self: You make a fair point, sir. Well-played.
Yeah, but it's GOG. The other side of the argument is that it might be one of those games that oddly never even hits 75% off again.

bread's done
Back