Humble Bundle Thread

Tried buying and playing the earlier games and could never get into them. Though I recently read an article about how the creator used all those annoying things to make the games so tense. Never enough ammo, shooting mechanics, movement, etc.
Well, I'll go out on a limb and say deliberately making crappy control schemes and artificially scarce ammo (I'm looking at you on that one too, Duke Nukem Forever) are not the elements of good gamemaking.

Last edited by a moderator:
I remember trying to play the first Resident Evil and hating how turning the stick simply turned you left instead of moving you left like in Silent Hill and Clock Tower. The horror element shouldn't come from having a shit control scheme.
The first two Clock Tower games control schemes weren't great. I played through the first two recently, first one's not even available officially in english. All of the games up until Clock Tower 3 were better played with a mouse.. Yes, a mouse.. for console games. Using a gamepad was really clunky since you use a cursor to control your character and interact with objects. Clock Tower 3 used normal gamepad style controls, but at that point the series got taken over by capcom and wasn't by the original dev, and I'd say the first Clock Tower was the best in the series despite the point and click style controls.

Cities: Skylines has been under six bucks for the standard and the Deluxe edition doesn't offer anything you can't just download off the Workshop anyway.

If it was the base game at BTA and some of the DLC was in a top tier, I'd have been on it for that since the sales on the DLC are garbage and they're milking those for all they can.

Cities: Skylines has been under six bucks for the standard and the Deluxe edition doesn't offer anything you can't just download off the Workshop anyway.

If the base was lower and some of the DLC was in a top tier, I'd have been on it for that since the sales on the DLC are garbage and they're milking those for all they can.
Waiting for Paradox "Complete" bundle, in about 6 mos....with Cities: Skylines and some of the DLC for $5.....

Strategy bundle has a very solid $1 tier.  BTA is OKish.  I kind of wanted a second copy of Plague.

Jumbo unlocks are worse than the first week lineup, and that's really saying something.

Unlocks are almost always crap. I don't even remember the last time an unlock was impressive. Picked up what I wanted out of Jumbo from a split (HTS2). Good with that.

The strategy bundle is largely underwhelming but if you dont own any of it, the $10 tier is not bad provided at least a game or two from the other tier interests you. Cities is a great game in its genre, but there's a bunch of DLC (the Deluxe Edition does not offer it and there's no "Complete" version), some of which you may want, but it does go onsale relatively regularly. I'd only go $10 if I owned less than 80% of the games in the bundle, obviously including Cities.

I went $1 tier just for OOTP. That Raging Gangs or whatever game also looks ok and already owned Simple Planes. From BTA, Plague is awesome and you should play it, but I have no interest in or already own the other two, but I dont even care to check for sure because I dgaf either way.

Want Mad Games Tycoon, but no interest in Train Sim and already own Plague Inc so BTA tier is a no go. I'll probably dollar in though, so whatever.

like a fly-by, no name indie developer will attract Nintendo attention.

If anything, the studio will die by itself (like many indie ventures before it)
All it takes is one person sending Nintendo an email to clue them in on it. I'd reckon thats been done espc considering theres 2K+ reviews of the game and its been out over a year and according to Steam Spy, 100K own it.

How is Mad Games Tycoon legal? It clearly shows images of real-life consoles. I doubt they licensed the rights from Nintendo.
The console names are things like "Katari" and "Intellivisual" and you're not going to win a case insisting that a small icon that looks similar to your real life product is violating your IP in this case.

All it takes is one person sending Nintendo an email to clue them in on it. I'd reckon thats been done espc considering theres 2K+ reviews of the game and its been out over a year and according to Steam Spy, 100K own it.
unless the developer being an ahole, no one in the world would have time to document it and send such proof to Nintendo.

That being said, the community for the game must be really good at keeping the draconian Nintendo out of the loop. I remember that they block and ban every streamers who post let's play or review of their products.

https://www.polygon.com/2017/11/6/16612080/youtube-nintendo-super-mario-odyssey-demonetization

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2017/10/nintendo-cuts-off-ad-program-for-youtube-livestreamers/

Here's an image of software companies the game has.  They're all the tweaked "almost there" sort of thing protected by fair use and parody provided you're not trying to actually defraud people.

Having a little icon of a grey and white box next to the word "Wintendo" is all good if you're making a joke company in a game.  Actually producing a grey and white box gaming console and putting "Wintendo" on it isn't.

Yeah, but I was talking about the cover image of the game itself on the Humble Bundle page. It clearly shows an NES controller under the title and a Game Boy in the lower left corner.

In for $1 tier of Strategy.  Been wanting Rebuild on PC for so long.  Have it on Android.  Great little game.  Dev was super stingy on discounts, hence why I hadn't double dipped.  Surprised to see it go straight to the $1 tier. 

Tormentor x Punisher is decent fun. The other unlocks aren't enough to make me bite, though. A strategy bundle? Yeah, I'm good. Advertising the MSRP of each tier reeks of IGN.

Meh.  I would like City Skylines at some point but I already have TS, Plague and Simple Planes.  The latter two are both worth a play or two.  I have OOTP 17 which I have done nothing with and I am unlikely to touch 18.  The remaining two games I am uninterested in.

When it comes to Simple Planes there are a lot of user plans you can download:

http://www.simpleplanes.com/

If you get the game just make sure to use the link in game which will bring up your Steam overlay to download the plans.  Otherwise it won't work right.

Was anyone expecting otherwise? Bonuses are rarely better than the launch lineups
Unlocks are almost always crap. I don't even remember the last time an unlock was impressive. Picked up what I wanted out of Jumbo from a split (HTS2). Good with that.
No one was expecting Shadow of War or Destiny 2, but this is a Humble Jumbo bundle. That used to actually mean something--a large number of "big" games. I'm way too lazy to dig around on bundle history sites or WIkipedia or whatever, but, at least 4 out of these 10 games are rebundles, and look at the unlocks this week: the only reason you got the "standard" edition of Wasteland 2 in the $10 tier is apparently so that Humble could throw the key for W1 that normally comes with W2 in the BTA tier and the version of the Bard's Tale reboot isn't even the one that inXile just re-released on Steam this week. I don't really know what Tormentor X Punisher is exactly, but it looks like the sort of thing you'd find in a random Groupees or Indie Gala bundle.

This new bundle reeks of what people suspected the moment they read that IGN had bought out HB--that they would churn out garbage bundles for the sake of doing it. Why is Humble running 8 bundles simultaneously now? It's been years since they've tried to pull those kinds of shenanigans. Between that and the site redesign, it's starting to look like IGN is turning Humble into Groupees II. Remember when the Groupees "Be Mine" bundles were actually pretty good?

No one was expecting Shadow of War or Destiny 2, but this is a Humble Jumbo bundle. That used to actually mean something--a large number of "big" games. I'm way too lazy to dig around on bundle history sites or WIkipedia or whatever, but, at least 4 out of these 10 games are rebundles, and look at the unlocks this week: the only reason you got the "standard" edition of Wasteland 2 in the $10 tier is apparently so that Humble could throw the key for W1 that normally comes with W2 in the BTA tier and the version of the Bard's Tale reboot isn't even the one that inXile just re-released on Steam this week. I don't really know what Tormentor X Punisher is exactly, but it looks like the sort of thing you'd find in a random Groupees or Indie Gala bundle.
You seem to have already forgotten Humble Jumbo Bundle 9.

You seem to have already forgotten Humble Jumbo Bundle 9.
This one?

TIER 1: Pay $1 or more to get The Flame in the Flood, Infested Planet and Human: Fall Flat
TIER 2: Beat the average price and also get Verdun, Samorost 3, Warhammer: End Times – Vermintide. NEW GAMES ADDED: Marooners and Caveblazers. (Inversus was featured on promo pics by Humble but didn’t make the cut)
TIER 3: The top tier costs $10 and it includes all the games from the first two tiers, plus American Truck Simulator

Yeah, the unlocks sucked, but look at what else was in it. The third tier was the previously-unbundled ATS (which is part of a highly-regarded series). The second tier includes several new-to-bundle, quality items like Verdun and Samorost 3. The first tier has The Flame in the Flood for people who missed that monthly. Of course it could just be my opinion, but this one is qualitatitvely worse.

So, in a new desperate measure Humble is offering $8 wallet if someone that hasn't subbed before uses your referral link to sub to the monthly. Used to be $5. They've gotten awfully desperate after the IGN aquisition..

Offer ends November 15th. Credit to Reds for telling me this, I didn't see it posted on any forums.

This one?

TIER 1: Pay $1 or more to get The Flame in the Flood, Infested Planet and Human: Fall Flat
TIER 2: Beat the average price and also get Verdun, Samorost 3, Warhammer: End Times – Vermintide. NEW GAMES ADDED: Marooners and Caveblazers. (Inversus was featured on promo pics by Humble but didn’t make the cut)
TIER 3: The top tier costs $10 and it includes all the games from the first two tiers, plus American Truck Simulator

Yeah, the unlocks sucked, but look at what else was in it. The third tier was the previously-unbundled ATS (which is part of a highly-regarded series). The second tier includes several new-to-bundle, quality items like Verdun and Samorost 3. The first tier has The Flame in the Flood for people who missed that monthly. Of course it could just be my opinion, but this one is qualitatitvely worse.
I don't think this one looks worse. I think both look bad with rebundles littering both and the high tier not even close to worth it for either. ATS is a better draw than Wasteland 2, but it's also something clearly worth waiting for a better bundle. Prototype 2 is probably the best draw from either bundle.

Again, this one's not better. It matches the low quality that Jumbo 9 hit.

So, in a new desperate measure Humble is offering $8 wallet if someone that hasn't subbed before uses your referral link to sub to the monthly. Used to be $5. They've gotten awfully desperate after the IGN aquisition..

Offer ends November 15th. Credit to Reds for telling me this, I didn't see it posted on any forums.
They had an offer of $10 for a month or so back in early 2017.

Humble has showed itself perfectly able to make a massive stench all on its own long before IGN came into the picture.

Between that and the site redesign, it's starting to look like IGN is turning Humble into Groupees II. Remember when the Groupees "Be Mine" bundles were actually pretty good?
so does it mean that YanniC has nothing to do with Groupee's decline and it's all IGN fault?

Why is Humble running 8 bundles simultaneously now?
I thought they just redesigned the site to show the bundles differently.

The number has not changed in awhile, right?
you have extra life, some book bundles and game bundles.

If someone else already said this, my apologies.

No, I think it means what Fox was talking about earlier: all of the bundle sites are going to crap; it just took some of them longer than others.
well then.. all good things must end. First was Tony and now it's Humble. It was a great run for us gamers with cheap indie games

Humble went to crap when they started giving out region locked keys and regional bundles.

​$2 Humble Wallet credit for Monthly subscribers

Humble Monthly

the Humble Store

$12 tiers

added books, comics, & mobile bundles

$1 minimum for low tier Steam keys despite it being Pay-What-You-Want bundle
Fixed????

bread's done
Back