Humble Bundle Thread

Humble One Special Day Bundle

I keep reading it as One Day Special and thinking it should only last 24 hours.

$1:

Streets of Rage

Crazy Taxi

Binary Domain

OlliOlli2: Welcome to Olliwood

BTA:

Surgeon Simulator: Anniversary Edition

GRID 2

Alpha Protocol

Operation Flashpoint: Red River

$9:
Stronghold Crusader 2

Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy: The Telltale Series (Limited Quantities)

$2 Humble Credit

Last edited by a moderator:
Interestingly, "One Special Day" also describes how long this bundle will be the least bit appealing before they run out of copies of GotG.
Even if I didn't already own a copy of the Guardians game for the XBONE, this would be a tough sell at that asking price.

Humble One Special Day

I keep reading it as One Day Special and thinking it should only last 24 hours.
If only. All of their game and most of the book bundles are 14 days now, so when you get a stinker like this, you'll be smelling it for a while. . . .

EDIT: I've more or less come to the conclusion that Humble is pretty much only good for monthlies and the odd book bundle at this point.

vw423Bn.gif

I can finally get Binary Domain for a good price.  Laughable that Alpha Protocol is in the BTA tier when it's been $2 numerous times.

They have another book bundle out, Forbidden Books. Quite a few repeats from the last one, and not a single Chuck Tingle.

Also, they now have 7 "bundles" listed on their site. Stealing the beers right out of Jonny's manicured hands, they are!

They have another book bundle out, Forbidden Books. Quite a few repeats from the last one, and not a single Chuck Tingle.

Also, they now have 7 "bundles" listed on their site. Stealing the beers right out of Jonny's manicured hands, they are!
I like these banned book bundles, but there are indeed a number of rebundles in this. However, there are a number of "classic" works in here that I've never read, most at the $1 level, like Sophie's Choice, The Color Purple, and the Einstein book. I would recommend this one for that alone. I do wish they'd spend a little more effort promoting the ALA and discussing on the bundle page itself the reasons that these books have been challenged or banned.

I like these banned book bundles, but there are indeed a number of rebundles in this. However, there are a number of "classic" works in here that I've never read, most at the $1 level, like Sophie's Choice, The Color Purple, and the Einstein book. I would recommend this one for that alone. I do wish they'd spend a little more effort promoting the ALA and discussing on the bundle page itself the reasons that these books have been challenged or banned.
Yeah, not sure what John Jake's did to get a book banned.

Edit: Googled it. John Jakes' colorful language in The Bastard led to its subsequent banning by a Pennsylvania high school.

First, WTF in general, second, if you have a student reading John Jake's in high school I don't think you need to worry about that student in general.

Yeah, not sure what John Jake's did to get a book banned.

Edit: Googled it. John Jakes' colorful language in The Bastard led to its subsequent banning by a Pennsylvania high school.

First, WTF in general, second, if you have a student reading John Jake's in high school I don't think you need to worry about that student in general.
Here's the thing: I'm pretty sure that Humble puts these together as haphazardly as can be, meaning that this collection of stuff has been banned or challenged over the course of the last 200-odd years for a variety of reasons (ranging from the "eh, I can kinda see why that would concern certain folks" to "seriously, WTF?!") in a variety of jurisdictions/circumstances (single librarians taking it upon themselves to censor materials to actual court cases). It boils down to which items they can get publishers to agree to selling at a cut rate that fit into this category. I just wish Humble would be straight-up about this and say, "yeah, this book was challenged once in 2012 by a black mom who was mad about the use of the n-word," or "this book was banned by 50 school districts in the U.S. for 10 years for its graphic depictions of gay sex." I know that's asking too much of the "new" Humble, but it would be nice (and cool to see). FWIW, a selection of the books have a link in the description to information describing the circumstances of their censorship, but not all of them do.

Here's the thing: I'm pretty sure that Humble puts these together as haphazardly as can be, meaning that this collection of stuff has been banned or challenged over the course of the last 200-odd years for a variety of reasons (ranging from the "eh, I can kinda see why that would concern certain folks" to "seriously, WTF?!") in a variety of jurisdictions/circumstances (single librarians taking it upon themselves to censor materials to actual court cases). It boils down to which items they can get publishers to agree to selling at a cut rate that fit into this category. I just wish Humble would be straight-up about this and say, "yeah, this book was challenged once in 2012 by a black mom who was mad about the use of the n-word," or "this book was banned by 50 school districts in the U.S. for 10 years for its graphic depictions of gay sex." I know that's asking too much of the "new" Humble, but it would be nice (and cool to see). FWIW, a selection of the books have a link in the description to information describing the circumstances of their censorship, but not all of them do.
They also love bundling anything published by Open Road media. More than half of these books are from that publisher, and the publisher is so good that their website doesn't even work.

I canceled my subscription last Monday. I just now noticed that they charged me anyway for this month. Has this ever happen to anyone else?

I just got an email for a coupon to get three Monthly bundles for $23. I've only once subscribed, in May 2017.

I canceled my subscription last Monday. I just now noticed that they charged me anyway for this month. Has this ever happen to anyone else?
It looks like some people who paused their subs suddenly found them unpaused a few days ago.

https://www.reddit.com/r/GameDealsMeta/comments/9jdmhm/humble_monthly_psa_october_humble_monthly_will/

If you outright canceled and still got charged that's even weirder.

Pretty sure I canceled mine as well because I was charged and it was surprising. I reached out to them 2 days ago and have yet to get a response

You sure you didn't "attempt" to cancel to get the $3 off coupon and then forget to cancel? That'd make more sense. It's what happened to me.

So glad I knowingly moran'd this bundle and didn't end up accidentally moraning it like you morans did.

I have a few months left so I have no idea if the "charged" me... but I have my email from September 25th saying I paused. I hope they don't make me go all Tom Wilson versus the Blues in a preseason game by trying to pass this crap bundle on me.

bread's done
Back