Humble Bundle Thread

Hate-pennying the weekly just because of recent trend in their bundles. Not like most of these aren't over a decade(?) old and have any intention to play again if we didn't already own it on gog etc..

At least the weekly is 4 games.  Don't think I'll ever play any of them so I'll pass, but it's a decent bundle.  The daily is just sort of more of the same.  2 for $10 for Escape Goat 2 and the other  game is a good deal for relatively new releases, but I can wait for a real bundle for them both.  

One thing to note is that AoW:Shadow magic is actually the standalone expansion to AoW2 and not of part 1 despite the name. I think the humble's suits making the calls didn't know this or it'll be the BTA instead of the other older AoW2...

So it's actually decent for $1 (or a penny!), but the graphics/UI choices can be difficult to overcome these days if you didn't already played it way back. The obtuse UI might be the reason the heroes of m&m series got more traction even though this series imo have a superior combat system.

I think they know exactly what they're doing. It's not the first time Humble has put the sequel(s) in the PWYW tier with the original in the BTA tier. It's (probably) designed to get completiionists to BTA.
Yeah, except that it would have been better for them to put AoW2 in the minimum tier, and Shadow Magic in the $6 tier.

I was doing some research and it seems like most people prefer SM and even the original AoW to AoW2. Some even say there's no reason to own AoW2 at all.

http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/favourite-age-of-wonders-game.67330/
http://forums.sinsofasolarempire.com/329918

Humble fuck ed themselves with the tiers.. but hey, it works in our favor so I'm fine with it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, except that it would have been better for them to put AoW2 in the minimum tier, and Shadow Magic in the $6 tier.

I was doing some research and it seems like most people prefer SM and even the original AoW to AoW2. Some even say there's no reason to own AoW2 at all.

http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/favourite-age-of-wonders-game.67330/

Humble fuck ed themselves with the tiers.. but hey, it works in our favor so I'm fine with it.
I mentioned this before Humble loves to put earlier games in the non BTA tier but they screwed up with the AoW games. I'm fine with it esp since AoW Shadow Magic is generally considered the best of the series (I hope AoW 3 is good).

Yep, when I looked into it yesterday, there wasn't any good reason to want AoW 2.... "AoW 1 with a different story"

nooope__by_theoddengineer-d6v0312.gif

$10 for Desktop Dungeons? Ugh. Worse than yesterday's.

Got a page open with the average as $3.12. $3.06 Would be fine but I already own Grimrock at GOG like a dope. :wall:

Anybody have experience talking to Humble support? I emailed them two days ago, I don't mind waiting but I'm just curious if they're known to be slow to respond.
The last time I sent an email to support, it took 4 days after receiving their automated reply. Then once you get a real response, they're pretty quick on follow up messages.

3 more days of dailies to go...

Anyone else really burned out on Humble? Checking the site every day at the same time has just ended up being such a pain in the ass. I wouldn't mind if they took the next 2 weeks off.

3 more days of dailies to go...

Anyone else really burned out on Humble? Checking the site every day at the same time has just ended up being such a pain in the ass. I wouldn't mind if they took the next 2 weeks off.
If you can't handle it, that's fine :newbie:. But don't go suggesting we get even fewer sales #FakeCAG.

If you can't handle it, that's fine :newbie:. But don't go suggesting we get even fewer sales #FakeCAG.
So we miss one bundle with them taking a two-week break. Unless it was going to be the next numbered, it's no big deal, just tired of the hassle with crap dailies. :p

Is Grimrock Worth it? I've always been slightly interested but I don't know.

Really over the 3 tier, 1 game in each tier "bundles". I hope this isn't something they continue with after these dailies are over. This is almost like how Microsoft used to do their chain deals when they had that app on 360....where you had to buy the first level to unlock the deal after it. You didn't see them calling it a "bundle". You know things are bad when you're doing worse than freaking Microsoft.

So we miss one bundle with them taking a two-week break. Unless it was going to be the next numbered, it's no big deal, just tired of the hassle with crap dailies. :p
Then take a break... spend some quality time with your console-life. I promise I won't mock you for missing out on hot deals.

Really over the 3 tier, 1 game in each tier "bundles". I hope this isn't something they continue with after these dailies are over. This is almost like how Microsoft used to do their chain deals when they had that app on 360....where you had to buy the first level to unlock the deal after it. You didn't see them calling it a "bundle". You know things are bad when you're doing worse than freaking Microsoft.
Man, I forgot those existed.

Then take a break... spend some quality time with your console-life. I promise I won't mock you for missing out on hot deals.
I'll make it through another 3 days. Just happy the dailies are almost over. Hope we see another good one before the end, though based on last week's Sunday and Monday bundles, they'll be crappy. Maybe tomorrow'll be a good repeat.

I'll make it through another 3 days. Just happy the dailies are almost over.
So, you're wishing for crappy bundles spaced apart every few weeks. Got it.

Dumbass.

Maybe he has carpel tunnel and it's extra stress on his hands/wrists. Did you think about that, you insensitive jack ass?
Oh noes, he can't flog the bishop then either. Poor sap.

Is Grimrock Worth it? I've always been slightly interested but I don't know.
I liked it...reminds me of the old SSI Eye of the Beholder series...it's been a while since I played Grimrock, but I remember it being pretty challenging after a while given the limited resources and it seemed like if you didn't have a "good" set of character (classes), you could get yourself stuck....at least I think that's where I currently am with Grimrock...I'll have to pick it up again and see...

I liked it...reminds me of the old SSI Eye of the Beholder series...it's been a while since I played, but I remember it being pretty challenging after a while given the limited resources and it seemed like if you didn't have a get set of character (classes), you could get yourself stuck....at least I think that's where I currently am with Grimrock...I'll have to pick it up again and see...
Yes that's what made me interested to begin with. I may yet buy it. Thanks for the input.

bread's done
Back