Humble Bundle Thread

Final thoughts on bundle:

For $10 it's a pretty awesome bundle, if only I hadn't already played nearly all of it.
im cheap i only picked up the top 3 for a buck :)

Hmmm - what do I do?

I'm interested namely in these:

Gunpoint; Gone Home; and Papers Please.

I already have Race The Sun from GOG + got a Steam-key from there.

EDIT:

Damn, AC4 needs to get a little bit closer to $10.... ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm, just noticed that when you click on the albums on the bundle page, it brings up a list of the album tracks.

Is this new? Or am I just now discovering something that everyone else has known about for a year?

Welp, this the the ONLY Humble Bundle so far in which I spent above the BTA ($10) to get Prison Architect. Didn't even realize that I already own Race the Sun (have no idea when I got the game). Only thing I owned was Monaco and Race the Sun so it worked up to $1.25 per previously unowned game. 

The purchase violates so many of my CAG rules:

1) Paying for an Early Access game

• Prison Architect seems to be my type of game though I wished they adopted a better art aesthetics like Hospital Tycoon or Team Fortress 2 
  • Liked Uplink and felt that Introversion is a reputable "indie" game developer to trust with Early Access
2) Spending more than $6 on Humble Bundle with repeats

• Feel like such a Fake CAG
3) Not waiting for the higher tier Indie games to go into other bundles for cheaper

• $1.25 each for Prison Architect, Gunpoint (which I could got for less that $1), Gone Home, Paper Please, and LUFTRAUSERS was too tempting.
:cry:  :cry:  :cry:

Compared to the $2 I spent on last month (?) on Newegg's AWESOME AMD "Silver" Coupons...(Shakes Head)  :nottalking: 

Though credit to Humble for finding the "sweet spot" in their Tiers to convince me to pluck down over the BTA to spent on the highest tier bundle.

If PA were reasonably close to 'release' state then I'd probably jump on it.  Yes I know it's supported/updated but I'm done playing works in progress.  Moreover, they've had so many sales and promos this thing will eventually be $5 on Steam.

If PA were reasonably close to 'release' state then I'd probably jump on it. Yes I know it's supported/updated but I'm done playing works in progress. Moreover, they've had so many sales and promos this thing will eventually be $5 on Steam.
so will you not be buying sunasun's tebow spansksying simulator alpha build 2014?

If PA were reasonably close to 'release' state then I'd probably jump on it. Yes I know it's supported/updated but I'm done playing works in progress. Moreover, they've had so many sales and promos this thing will eventually be $5 on Steam.
Agreed, Definitely expect PA (when final release) to eventually get to $5 sale price (or even re-bundled) eventually given Introversion's history. Considering that I may pay $5 (maybe less if bundle later) or $1.25 for PA now given that the bundle only had 2 repeats, I took the plunge and paid the $10 (reluctantly) .

I thought the joke was always on the people who didn't wait until after the bundle to increase their order from a penny-in if they decided they wanted to.
Who the hell are we kidding? The joke's on all of us.

<insert Joker or Comedian meme here, your choice>

dont-copy-that-floppy.gif

New Humble Books Bundle - Valiant:

• Unity, Vol. 1 & 2
  • Quantum & Woody, Vol. 1 & 2
  • Harbinger, Vol. 1 & 2
  • X-O Manowar, Vol. 1 & 2
  • Archer & Armstrong Classics, Vol. 1 & 2
  • Shadow Man (Classic PC Game)
Beat the Average for:

• Rai #1-4
  • Shadowman, Vol. 1 & 2
  • Eternal Warrior, Vol. 1 & 2
  • Harbinger Wars, Vol. 1
  • Bloodshot, Vol. 1 & 2
Pay $15 or more for:

• Valiant Masters: Shadowman, Ninjak, H.A.R.D. CORPS, Rai and Blooshot
  • Valiant Masters X-O Manowar (Debut!)
New Humble Mobile Bundle 7 BTA Unlocks:

• Soda Drinker Pro
  • Alpha Wave
  • Swordigo

New Humble Store Flash Sales:

Humble Store End of Summer Sale (Day 10):

HOT DAMN, QUANTUM AND WOODY FOR A DOLLAR

Okay, it's not the Quantum and Woody I read a while back, but a reboot. It seems to be as fun as the original, though. I'm not a fan of the rest of the stuff - there's a lot of XTREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEME 1990s reboots in there.

HOT DAMN, QUANTUM AND WOODY FOR A PENNY

Okay, it's not the Quantum and Woody I read a while back, but a reboot. It seems to be as fun as the original, though. I'm not a fan of the rest of the stuff - there's a lot of XTREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEME 1990s reboots in there.
ftfy

I'm really hoping they add Christopher Priest and M.D. Bright's Quantum and Woody next week.

This is an amazing buy. I've heard nothing but raves for Valiant comics.

1 cented the Valiant bundle. Will check out and maybe give my feedback cause i'm not familiar with any of this.

Also that Android bundle...wow did those bonuses suck...never though i'd see Soda Drinker Pro....only one that looks OK is that basic platformer. 

I'm feeling the same way. I'd be ALL OVER Priest's Q&W. Unless something has changed recently, they've been out of print for some time.

The others... well, I have a little nostalgia for those 90s reprints, but I don't know if I'd actually read them. I don't think I care about the new reboots. If they really wanted to get me, they'd go for the original Magnus, Robot Fighter and Turok comics from the 50s and 60s.

Question for anybody w/ experience. 

I ordered South Park on Sunday evening, did not receive the keys and created a support case. Are questions usually answered quickly or is this normal to wait 3-4+ business days. 

I know Valve, for example, takes a while.

Maybe you've already done this, but go to the homepage, click My Library under your email, and look for it in unredeemed keys.  The emails have been flaky, especially when they start the Monday giveaway, but as long as it wasn't a gift purchase, it should be on that page.

So, I'm not much of a PC gamer, but I'll pick up a humble bundle every now and again. I want gunpoint, and almost every BTA game in HIB12, but I can't decide if I should pay the extra $2+ for Prison Architect (spelling it out because every time I see "PA", I think "Penny Arcade").

Also I will probably bite on the minimum tier of the mobile bundle to get Tiny Bang Story, but I don't think I've ever gone lowest tier on a mobile. Can I actually do just a penny? Should I? I don't think I'd feel right about that. Any suggestions on minimum purchase price?

So, I'm not much of a PC gamer, but I'll pick up a humble bundle every now and again. I want gunpoint, and almost every BTA game in HIB12, but I can't decide if I should pay the extra $2+ for Prison Architect (spelling it out because every time I see "PA", I think "Penny Arcade").

Also I will probably bite on the minimum tier of the mobile bundle to get Tiny Bang Story, but I don't think I've ever gone lowest tier on a mobile. Can I actually do just a penny? Should I? I don't think I'd feel right about that. Any suggestions on minimum purchase price?
There's a demo for Prison Architect. I'd check it out and then decide.

As far as the mobile goes, yeah, you can penny in if you want to. Decide for yourself how you feel about it. If you're not comfortable doing it, ante up $1.

Just a 2 dollar difference? Go ahead and upgrade, wait till the sale is over, and sell (trade) it. Or don't wait, I didn't.

That is, if you don't like it. You'll have a DRM free download of the game for BTAing so you can try it for yourself. Screw a demo, get the "full" thing!

But that's just my, HUMBLE, opinion!

I'm a regular Valiant reader, that bundle is insane.

Shadowman and Bloodshot are kinda meh,

but XO Manowar, Harbinger, and Archer & Armstrong are some of my favorite books!

I'm feeling the same way. I'd be ALL OVER Priest's Q&W. Unless something has changed recently, they've been out of print for some time.

The others... well, I have a little nostalgia for those 90s reprints, but I don't know if I'd actually read them. I don't think I care about the new reboots. If they really wanted to get me, they'd go for the original Magnus, Robot Fighter and Turok comics from the 50s and 60s.
Valiant re-released the Priest/Bright Issues digitally.

Unfortunately, Valiant can't reprint Magnus, Solar, or Turok. Dynamite has the rights to the Gold Key characters now.

I was really loving Prison Architect until one of my prisoners died. So sad. Up until then everything was going so well. They was happy. They was eated 3 meals a day of highest quality for at least 2 hours each time. I gave them edumakation and workshop to better themselves for the world. They still died. Lockup was barely anytime at all. There was barely any weapons or drugs in my prison. What did I do wrong? I miss prisoner 274. Every time I close my eyes I see his face. I can't sleep at night. His face haunts me. I might try out some of the mods in a new prison, but I don't think they will ever wash the pain away from when prisoner 274 died. The way his mother asked "Why hasn't my son come to visitation table?" His little sister, "When is my big bro coming home? He has so much to teach me about life. He promised me we would be friends forever." I turned off the game and haven't played it sense. Sixth sense.

New Humble Weekly Bundle - Merge Games:

• Lexica
  • Deadly 30
  • Bridge Constructor Medieval
  • Battle Group 2
Pay $6 or more for:

• Commandos Collection
  • The Book of Legends
  • Deadly Premonition: The Director's Cut
Pay $9 or more for:

• Meridian: New World (Early Access)
New Humble Store Flash Sales:

Humble Store End of Summer Sale (Day 11):

• Far Cry 3 Deluxe Edition - $39.99 $7.99
  • Abyss Odyssey - $14.99 $9.99
  • Tomb Raider GOTY Edition - $29.99 $7.49
  • Divinity II: The Developer's Cut - $19.99 $3.99
  • Cities in Motion 1 & 2 Collection - $84.99 $16.99
  • Final Fantasy XIII - $15.99 $14.39
  • Interstellar Marines - $18.99 $14.24
  • Heavy Bullets - $9.99 $8.49
  • Roundabout - $14.99 $11.99
  • Age of Wonders III: Golden Realms - $11.99 $9.59
  • Warhammer 40K: Space Marine - $29.99 $5.99
  • Unepic - $12.99 $3.24
  • Machnarium - $9.99 $1.24
  • Shadowrun Returns - $14.99 $4.99
  • Our Darker Purpose - $14.99 $3.74
  • Steamworld Dig - $9.99 $2.49
  • Kenshi - $19.99 $11.99
  • Postal 2 - $9.99 $2.49
  • Freedom Planet - $14.99 $12.74
  • Blood Knights - $11.99 $2.24
  • Doorways: Chapters 1 to 3 Collection - $15.99 $11.99
  • Doorways: The Underworld - $9.99 $8.99

Bleh weekly also have to point out last time I tried to play the Commando's games on Steam had to do many tweaks and couldn't even play the first one correctly. I really wouldn't recommend it.

bread's done
Back