Humble Bundle Thread

Hm. Anybody think StarDrive, Gas Guzzlers and Lost Crown are worth the $3?

Did anybody ever get Gas Guzzlers keys from when it was bundled or did the dev just crap on everybody by adding "extreme" to the name?

StarDrive appears to be another EA game gone wrong, based on the Steam reviews. 

Did anybody ever get Gas Guzzlers keys from when it was bundled or did the dev just crap on everybody by adding "extreme" to the name?
The dev never gave keys.

Gas Guzzlers is the only thing I need from this bundle too.. I bought The Lost Crown from the Halloween sale, so you can thank me for getting it bundled.

Last edited by a moderator:
The $1 tier has The Lost Crown plus good games that are repeats.  The BTA tier is nice.  Very nice, especially at around $3.

I skipped the IR with Gas Guzzlers and I don't think it was rebundled after that.  I do expect it to show up in more bundles, though.

Has anybody heard of any of these games and are they any good?
If you don't have any of these, the $1 is a no-brainer. Horizon has very good reviews on Steam and Gas Guzzlers does also, so an extra $2 for those is a pretty solid deal too. Whether you want to pony up the $2 probably hinges on how fond you are of car combat and 4X space strategy games.

If you don't have any of these, the $1 is a no-brainer. Horizon has very good reviews on Steam and Gas Guzzlers does also, so an extra $2 for those is a pretty solid deal too. Whether you want to pony up the $2 probably hinges on how fond you are of car combat and 4X space strategy games.
Horizon has mixed reviews on Steam, I wouldn't consider that very good.

Too many dupes in the $1 for me but a penny anyway in case. And a reminder that ITAD doesn't catch everything in your library so sometimes you gotta manually Add To Collection.

I wish. And it's a lot more convenient than those stupid wikis (and it's linked to by ES).

I already own Blades of Time, but it looks like Steam is not letting me upgrade to the limited edition this bundle gives. Anyone experiencing this issue?

I'm pretty sure I don't, can you check that on the web side? Otherwise I gotta wait until I get off work
You can check which license/sub you activated via the web site under account details, and then check SteamDB (or I can check SteamDB for you if you tell me what your game activated as) to see if the license contains the DLC

You can check which license/sub you activated via the web site under account details, and then check SteamDB (or I can check SteamDB for you if you tell me what your game activated as) to see if the license contains the DLC
Ah thanks for the info, it appears I did have the limited edition, thanks bundle stars!

Paid the 15 cent late tax. I'm always tempted by Stardrive whenever it goes on sale, but those reviews have scared me away. Fortunately I'm too lazy to hunt down the Steam store page. Or unfortunately. Whatever.

-And if anyone still needs these....

Waking Mars
Thanks for this. I've been looking for a bundle tier where this wasn't the only game I was interested in, but snagging a random code drop works too. Review below.

The gameplay is very methodical and requires a bit of planning to set up each room correctly. I wouldn't call it a puzzle game exactly, but that's only because the solutions tend to be very obvious. I wouldn't really call it a metroidvania either, though, since after half an hour the game hasn't opened up to exploration at all. It's definitely something I haven't seen before in terms of gameplay, but it's hard to categorize it beyond "not fast".

The plot is Metroid Fusion. Not even an attempt to hide it. An alien life form is taking over and it's growing way faster than we expected and oh no, it's mutating into dangerous things now. And while it grows, it's also blocking off areas, collapsing tunnels, opening alternate paths, and occasionally giving you new things to do. And trying to kill you. Definitely that one. It's okay, though, because your friendly computer can tell you where to go next.

Overall, I like it, but I wouldn't play it in large chunks. Half an hour was more than enough to deliver an exploration fix and make me want to see what a game over via acid pool looks like. The game over was disappointing, but the game itself is unique enough that I'll go back at some point to see if it opens up a bit or gets faster. There's definitely some room for time or skill-based puzzles, and I kind of want to see if they show up.

Paid the 15 cent late tax. I'm always tempted by Stardrive whenever it goes on sale, but those reviews have scared me away. Fortunately I'm too lazy to hunt down the Steam store page. Or unfortunately. Whatever.
+1

but for 3$ for that plus a couple other games that seem interesting, why not

Is Blades of Time worth installing and trying out? Action games with sexy female protags tend to have a pretty good track record...
It was less of a grind through waves of enemies than the first one, but I didn't enjoy how linear and hand-holdy it was and quit pretty fast. If you like Tomb Raider 2013, give it a shot, because I quit that game for the same reason.

Once upon a time I had my eye on those weekly BTA games.  I heard they sort of flopped but $3 and change isn't bad to try them out.

Isn't StarDrive that game with Space Bears?

SPACE. BEARS.

I've been tempted to buy it at 66% off so many times even though it's probably broken and notverygood. Bought in at $3.23. Very happy indeed.

:whee:

Isn't StarDrive that game with Space Bears?

SPACE. BEARS.

I've been tempted to buy it at 66% off so many times even though it's probably broken and notverygood. Bought in at $3.23. Very happy indeed.

:whee:
Yes, it is, but there's none of this:

MrrWPk3.png

Humble Store Winter Sale (Day 4):

• The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition (GOG) - $19.99 $4.99
  • FINAL FANTASY VIII - $11.99 $5.99
  • Euro Truck Simulator 2: Gold Edition - $34.99 $8.74
  • The Witcher: Enhanced Edition Director's Cut (GOG) - $9.99 $2.49
  • Rogue Legacy - $14.99 $2.24
  • Lords of Xulima - $19.99 $13.39
  • Gods Will Be Watching - $9.99 $3.39
  • Game Dev Tycoon - $9.99 $3.99
  • Legend of Grimrock - $14.99 $2.24
  • LUFTRAUSERS - $9.99 $4.99
  • Magicite - $9.99 $4.99
  • Massive Chalice (Early Access) - $29.99 $22.49
  • Red Faction: Armageddon - $19.99 $2.99
  • South Park: The Stick of Truth - $39.99 $19.99
  • Stick It to The Man! - $14.99 $2.99
  • The Last Federation - $19.99 $6.79
  • WARMACHINE: Tactics - $39.99 $29.99
  • Wasteland 2: Digital Deluxe Edition - $59.99 $40.19
  • World of Diving (Early Access) - $19.99 $13.32
  • The Marvelous Miss Take - $19.99 $9.99
  • DARK - $39.99 $5.99
  • Doorways: Chapters 1 to 3 Collection - $15.99 $3.99
  • Oddword: Abe's Oddysee - $2.99 $1.49
  • Commandos Collection - $12.99 $2.59
  • Gods Will Be Watching Special Edition - $19.99 $6.79
  • Guns of Icarus Online - $14.99 $2.99
  • IL-2 Sturmovik: 1946 - $9.99 $2.49
  • Just Cause - $6.99 $1.74
  • LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4 - $19.99 $4.99
  • LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7 - $19.99 $4.99
  • Tower of Guns - $14.99 $3.44
  • Wasteland 2 - $39.99 $29.99
  • Shadow Warrior Classic Redux - $9.99 $1.49
  • Defender's Quest: Valley of the Forgotten - $14.99 $2.99
  • Doorways: Chapter 1 & 2 - $9.99 $0.99
  • Metro 2033 Redux - $24.99 $12.49
  • realMyst: Masterpiece Edition - $17.99 $5.99
  • Doorways: The Underworld - $9.99 $3.49

Thank you

Edit: I really enjoyed reading that and will be buying $1 tier to get the others tomorrow. I'll be sure to pass on the fun here. I'd like to buy it tonight, but apparently I am a robot according to recaptcha. Maybe if I wish real hard I'll turn into a real boy when I wake up.
You don't have to pay $1 for the lowest tier (as there are no Steam keys). You can pay anything (a penny) and get the books/comics.

bread's done
Back