Humble Bundle Thread

It launched at $6.44 fluxuated upward a little bit then some fuck ing fuck er fuck ed up the fuck ing BTA by paying $100 very soon after fuck ing launch.

Now BTA is too damn close to the $12 tier to move.

fuck that

Last edited by a moderator:
Why? They haven't been particularly cheap and they haven't yet been bundled.

I have none of these games.

I have a tab with a $7.29 BTA. I expect that's the lowest I'll see.
They've all been 75% off at one point. That, and the complete Star Wars pack was cheap at one point in russia. Hell, even if they weren't cheap it's fuck ing Star Wars! If you're a fan, you own these games.

Getting to it early doesn't necessarily guarantee a low price.  It's luck based.  All the heavy spenders rush in early.  And having the $12 fixed tier doesn't help things.

I dunno.. according to this email I picked up the premier pack for $20... and it has all those except the EAW I believe.  And that was 6 years ago.

Edit:  It doesn't have TFU.. but lets be honest.. you can beat BOTH of those games in about 8 hours...

axkyeb.jpg

I think I'm missing the $12 tier and two of the BTA games... but damn. This is another great bundle if you somehow don't own more than a couple of the games.

I expect KOTR1 as one of the additions

I think I'm missing the $12 tier and two of the BTA games... but damn. This is another great bundle if you somehow don't own more than a couple of the games.

I expect KOTR1 as one of the additions

Let's face it, Humble is beyond hope at this point.  Going to be a lot of corporate/sponsored trash as it has been for nearly a year or so now.  If there is a Bethesda bundle it'll be structured much the same way with some high fixed tier (probably closer to $20) that ensures the BTA tier is at or near that pricepoint.  The values will be mediocre at best and that's assuming you don't already own most of it as people tend to do for major publishers.

Let's see...

First tier: I don't have Dark Forces and Jedi Academy. But I'm not dying for them

BTA: I don't have Republic Commando. But it's msrp is only $10

$12: I'm missing TFU 2 and Empire at war. I REALLY would like Empire at war.

So, I can Pay $12 for EaW, the second TFU and republic commando. Star wars games never went below 66% after Disney, so $12 is not so crazy. I hate this bundle

Dark Forces 2 and Jedi Outcast are the best of the Jedi Knight series, and of course they're missing from the bundle but might be added as a bonus. Dark Forces 2 has some issues with the Steam version (I think the music is missing or something, but there's a custom patch to fix it).

Jedi Academy might have more people playing the MP, but the singleplayer isn't as good IMO.

If I remember correctly you could've bought the Star Wars Collection - 2014 (Steam) for ~$15 from a Russian trader last May. So unless the bonuses are the remaining 5 Star Wars titles $12 won't get you every Star Wars game on Steam.

[customspoiler="Star Wars Collection - 2014"]
  • Star Wars Battlefront® II
  • Star Wars Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast
  • Star Wars Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II
  • Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy
  • Star Wars Jedi Knight: Mysteries of the Sith
  • Star Wars Republic Commando™
  • Star Wars Starfighter™
  • Star Wars The Clone Wars: Republic Heroes
  • Star Wars The Force Unleashed: Ultimate Sith Edition
  • STAR WARS® THE FORCE UNLEASHED II
  • Star Wars: Dark Forces
  • Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
  • Star Wars® Empire at War™: Gold Pack
  • STAR WARS®: Knights of the Old Republic™ II
Tier 1 - $1
Tier 2 - BTA
Tier 3 - $12
[/customspoiler]

Hell has frozen over. I managed to get all the games from Russians before the lock soon after I heard about the Disney buyout. Kinda regretting it now.

Now if only they had a LucasArts / Disney Lego bundle...

I don't own them because they're all mediocre games~
** removes glove from hand **

** slaps Mooby across the face **

En garde, good sir! :boxing:

There are some fine (albeit old) games in there! Dark Forces begs your pardon! Knights of the Old Republic would have a word!

All that aside, the two I don't have (Force Unleashed) are stinkers and are in the $12 tier. So I'm good.

Yeah that's great. I was playing Dark Forces before some of the CAGers were born.
That's funny. Dark Forces is the only one from the first two tiers I haven't played. And I doubt I'm going back to play it for $1 either.

I'd narrow it further and say it'd probably be from the pack.
That means it pretty much has to be the Jedi Knight games.

Let's see...

First tier: I don't have Dark Forces and Jedi Academy. But I'm not dying for them

BTA: I don't have Republic Commando. But it's msrp is only $10

$12: I'm missing TFU 2 and Empire at war. I REALLY would like Empire at war.

So, I can Pay $12 for EaW, the second TFU and republic commando. Star wars games never went below 66% after Disney, so $12 is not so crazy. I hate this bundle
It's worth the $1 for Jedi Academy. It's pretty fun. You have access to light and dark side powers as well as saber moves.

I bought in just because the $12 tier had the newest games I was missing in my library.  I gave away the rest on the Steam thread.  I highly recommend all the games.  I wish I could remove Galaxies from my library (since I can't even play it anymore).  EAW is loading up now.  I had some serious fun with the game on my deployments.

Even without him this one was heading to a $10+ average.
That's not the point... none of us care what the average will be in a couple hours.

It's about catching an early low BTA... gotta catch them while there are few bundles sold so each purchase swings the BTA a good bit. The very early $100 fuck er eliminated the chance of any low swings because his purchase raised the BTA -above- the $12 tier ($13.xx iirc)

bread's done
Back