Humble Bundle Thread

Man, I'm glad that shitty Star Trek game got bundled so I don't have to pay a sale price for it, but I'm real disappointed Beware Planet Earth got added instead of Hexodius (both have the same MSRP). At least Inversion didn't get added?

Still regret buying Ace Combat from Funstock for $3ish, but I'm missing 4/5 of the BTA so I'll be taking the plunge. Besides BPE, this really was a pretty solid Humble.
They should've put Star Trek + Ace Combat in the $1 tier.

Anyone interested in Dark Souls for $4? I forgot that I bought it with card money and went top tier last week thanks to peer pressure and everyone saying it's 2gr8.

Anyone interested in Dark Souls for $4? I forgot that I bought it with card money and went top tier last week thanks to peer pressure and everyone saying it's 2gr8.
The original Dark Souls PTD PC?

I own that already.

If you are selling Dark Souls II Regular or Scholars, we need to talk. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
The original Dark Souls PTD PC?

I own that already.

If you are selling Dark Souls II Regular or Scholars, we need to talk. :p
It's the Dark Souls PTDE at the $10 tier in this bundle; if anyone wants only that game, then I'm selling it for $4.

I don't have DS 2, either.

Only had Enslaved & Dark Souls, both of which I bought from the Tony days and never played.  I miss the deals and blathering on about Paddington and whatnot, but holy crap that guy steered me towards so many questionable purchases (not even counting the stupid DLCs that would end up being a $5 editor's choice credit).  Pretty sure I transferred all that horrid impulsery over to groupees which, after thinking about it, i'm not terribly pleased about.

Anyway, bumped up to the BTA.  Great bundle!

Yeah, those were the 2 I was missing as well. Really, I don't know how anyone wouldn't have most of this shit aside from Bobby
I don't, but I'm like the anti-MysterD. I don't really buy most AAA games.

Speaking of AAA games, I was watching the Ridge Racer trailer to see if it was something I might ever play, and it got me wondering whether most racing game enthusiasts actually like the terrible music that gets thrown in most of these games, or if it's just the cheapest "cool" music that the publishers can get their hands on.

I don't, but I'm like the anti-MysterD. I don't really buy most AAA games.

Speaking of AAA games, I was watching the Ridge Racer trailer to see if it was something I might ever play, and it got me wondering whether most racing game enthusiasts actually like the terrible music that gets thrown in most of these games, or if it's just the cheapest "cool" music that the publishers can get their hands on.
I don't think any of these are AAA aside from Dark Souls.

I don't have anything in the bundle, but only kind of interested in Enslaved. Ridge Racer Unbounded looks like the typical case of a Japanese company handing over a prized franchise to a Western developer.

New Humble books bundle features Dungeons and Dragons.

Dungeons & Dragons: The Legend of Drizzt, Vol. 1: Homeland
    Dungeons & Dragons: Legends of Baldur's Gate
    Dungeons & Dragons Vol. 1: Shadowplague
    Dungeons & Dragons Vol. 2
    Dungeons & Dragons Vol. 3

BTA:
    Dungeons & Dragons: The Legend of Drizzt: Neverwinter Tales
    Dungeons & Dragons: Forgotten Realms Vol.1
    Dungeons & Dragons: Forgotten Realms Classics Vol. 1
    Dungeons & Dragons: Forgotten Realms Classics Vol. 2
    Dungeons & Dragons: Cutter

$12
    Dungeons & Dragons: The Legend of Drizzt, Vol. 2: Exile
    Dungeons & Dragons Classics Vol. 1
    Dungeons & Dragons Classics Vol. 2
    Dungeons & Dragons Classics Vol. 3
    Dungeons & Dragons Classics Vol. 4
    Dungeons & Dragons: Forgotten Realms Classics Vol. 3
    Dungeons & Dragons: Forgotten Realms Classics Vol. 4

New Humble Book Bundle - Dungeons & Dragons Comics:

• The Legend of Drizzt, Vol. 1: Homeland
  • Legends of Baldur's Gate
  • D & D Vol. 1: Shadowplague
  • D & D Vol. 2
  • D & D Vol. 3
Beat the Average for the above and:

• The Legend of Drizzt: Neverwinter Tales
  • Forgotten Realms Vol. 1
  • Forgotten Realms Classics Vol. 1
  • Forgotten Realms Classics Vol. 2
  • Cutter
Pay $12 or more for all of the above and:

• The Legend of Drizzt, Vol. 2: Exile
  • Classics Vol. 1
  • Classics Vol. 2
  • Classics Vol. 3
  • Classics Vol. 4
  • Forgotten Realms Classics Vol. 3
  • Forgotten Realms Classics Vol. 4

That is legit the very first Humble Book Bundle I've been interested in a long time. The classic D&D comics were AWESOME. Can our resident veteran geek chime in on this?

They should've put Star Trek + Ace Combat in the $1 tier.
For the BTA games, I am only interested in trying Star Trek. So if anyone happens to have an extra...
Is this going to be the new "If only it was $5"? ;)
Ace Combat AH - I'm not going to lie, I had fun even though I hated it. But that last boss where the whole thing was on rails and you needed to DFM that Mother ****** four times no matter how many missiles you shoved up his afterburner...was easily the worst part of the game.

And Star Trek? Whip me for paying $7.50 for it but that was just to tear open the files and make myself a custom soundtrack - Chad Seiter (apprentice of Michael Giacchino) did a better job with the music and movie themes than the master himself. I feel like I paid for the music - I just took three weeks to put it together. CBS/Paramount does NOT know how to make money.

What's that? The game itself? Well the lowdown rating is a:

[sharedmedia=core:attachments:9293]
out of 5. You know what...the rating applies to both ACAH and Star Trek.

Ace Combat AH - I'm not going to lie, I had fun even though I hated it. But that last boss where the whole thing was on rails and you needed to DFM that Mother ****** four times no matter how many missiles you shoved up his afterburner...was easily the worst part of the game.

And Star Trek? Whip me for paying $7.50 for it but that was just to tear open the files and make myself a custom soundtrack - Chad Seiter (apprentice of Michael Giacchino) did a better job with the music and movie themes than the master himself. I feel like I paid for the music - I just took three weeks to put it together. CBS/Paramount does NOT know how to make money.

Stop with the lies. I called 1-800-3BEAMUP and they're saying I can't talk to Leonard Nimoy about that crappy Star Trek game! fuck dat!

{Sovereign on Star Trek + Ace Combat}

I still want it in the $1 tier.

If the games aren't that great, then I'm certainly all about the Steam +1's.

Stop with the lies. I called 1-800-3BEAMUP and they're saying I can't talk to Leonard Nimoy about that crappy Star Trek game! fuck dat!
Sadly...no one can talk to Nimoy now.

I still want it in the $1 tier.

If the games aren't that great, then I'm certainly all about the Steam +1's.
Oh I agree they should be. I doubt many would take three weeks of spare time to open up the files and make a custom soundtrack. I just wanted it when I played Star Trek Online since the music there was complete s***. But that made paying $7.50 worth it for me.

Now waiting for a Falcom Humble Bundle where I'll brag about putting Trails in the Sky FC Evolution's soundtrack into the original game and some Ys remixes into Ys VI. Now those games are worth playing.

That is legit the very first Humble Book Bundle I've been interested in a long time. The classic D&D comics were AWESOME. Can our resident veteran geek chime in on this?
Not a geek nor a big comics fan but the modern IDW D&D comics have been positively reviewed in /co/ storytime threads and I certainly enjoyed them.

Really I need to stop buying physical comics at some point. What is the digital comics medium of choice anyway? Other than mediafire of course.

.cbr I believe is the comics format. Physical forever though...I love the feeling of comics in my hands and that awesome smell they have....you can't replicate that with the digital copies.

Personally, I like digital for comics. But like with my games I want an account and a client to have them attached to so I go with Comixology or Dark Horse depending on the title. I also have come to really prefer reading comics in the panel view where you zoom in on a single panel at a time.

I really don't want to fuss with a bunch of files from different places that I have to backup myself and all that nonsense just like I don't want to fuss with DRM free games from a bunch of different sources. It's a pain for me. I just like knowing I have everything attached to an account and can re-download it at a later time if I need to.

The best part of Marvel comics anymore is the fact that when I buy a physical, I get the digital free.  It's so nice to have.  AND it helps me keep a catalog of what I own.

But that's just me.  I dislike having to have boxes stuffed with them so I can keep them.  (and that doesn't include my suitcase full of the important ones bagged and carded)

I was thinking about getting rid of my old childhood comics and going purely digital. I only care about reading them for the story, and the draw to digital is that it's easier to collect the entire series without paying extra for Ikeda's valuable suitcase comics. And they're really popular on the pie rat scene.

Bought Absolute Sandman slipcase set from Hastings several years ago for $10, never opened it, sold it on eBay for $150, and got the digital series for next to nothing.

Buying physical comics just became too expensive for me on top of my other hobbies. I only have 2 books that I read regularly now but I don't even buy those regularly. Hate to say it but I pirate comics. At least it makes reading a big event like Spider-Verse or older stuff like Civil War feasible. Hundreds of dollars to read one story is so much, I just don't see doing it unless comics are your main hobby or you have a ton of disposible income. Even waiting for the graphic novels doesn't help much.

Regardless, if you're dealing with DRM free stuff it's not that bad unless you have really limited storage space. I keep all of my books downloaded and organinzed in one place, and they really aren't that bad to back up. Even with a ton of books I'm only around 10 gigs or so.

I do agree comics are a bit much. I'm just getting back into Marvel again (following the Secret Wars storyline but not many of the spinoff things) and they are expensive. I'm hoping to get a few series come october with their all new all different #1 starts. Just expensive though they are fun.

I've been a manga collector for a while and I feel like manga's value >>>>>>> comics other than the colors. It also helps physical manga has an amazing ink smell. Both can be very expensive hobbies for sure and I'm just trying to follow a few comics and keeping up getting the physical copies of about 3-4 manga i'm following. 

Manga can be very different from comics though. Somewhat similar buying options but very different content. They don't really have monthly/weekly books unless you buy Shonen Jump or whatever so we were stuck to whenever offical books were officially translated (previously slow as shit) or the much more widespread free downloads than comic, due to fan translation being popular in the community. At least now they have official translations available digitally really fast.

I don't know if I'd say either is more "valuable", but I guess you generally get more pages per dollar with manga, if you want to think about it that way. Content is more valuable to me than page count, and that's a matter of taste. Thinking about it though, I guess I do buy more manga than comics nowadays.

I've been a manga collector for a while and I feel like manga's value >>>>>>> comics other than the colors. It also helps physical manga has an amazing ink smell. Both can be very expensive hobbies for sure and I'm just trying to follow a few comics and keeping up getting the physical copies of about 3-4 manga i'm following.
It just annoys me that manga and light novels are like 300-600 yen ($2.40-$4.80), but $10-15 here.

It just annoys me that manga and light novels are like 300-600 yen ($2.40-$4.80), but $10-15 here.
The print quality is cheaper as well on the Japanese manga. But the main reason is of course the printing costs, they print and sell so much more over there that they can charge a lot less.

As far as American comics, I really want to quit, its gotten so expensive now. I still prefer physical but its just too much.

The print quality is cheaper as well on the Japanese manga. But the main reason is of course the printing costs, they print and sell so much more over there that they can charge a lot less.
Not really... they're comparable. I'm not talking shounen jump etc. on newspaper print. I'm talking about their tankobon, which is basically what we get.

I've probably spent about as much on my manga collection that I've spent on my steam collection... you know, that's actually probably where the hoarding started.

Not really... they're comparable. I'm not talking shounen jump etc. on newspaper print. I'm talking about their tankobon, which is basically what we get.
I was talking about that too. Unless things have drastically changed, the last Japanese one I bought was in 2007, the paper is cheaper and they're slightly smaller. Not worth the price difference but still a significant difference.

I do like manga/graphic novels. They look like books and have spines, unlike regular comics which are like 40 pages with tons of ads. Stories are usually more fleshed out, as well. I used to buy them about 10-11 years ago at retail price, back when Bleach first came out, but I haven't spent more than $2 on a volume since about 2009. Hastings was a great company for getting discount manga, but the price for shipping has gone up so you can't get them for ~$1.60 per volume anymore. Only jerks like Fox who live near B&M stores can get 'em nice and cheap still.

Although, I did buy about 50 manga the other day for $25 at a local bookstore, bringing my total to around 400 volumes. They weren't all of one manga, though, so I ended up with various volumes from Negima, Ultimo, Model, Loveless, Gakuen Alice, and the like. What I really need is more Claymore and/or Berserk.

I used to buy and read a lot of manga and comics.

I used to pastry rat a lot of stuff too, but stopped some time ago. The recent DC reboot wiped all the stuff I grew up with so I just gave up on that. And manga... there really isn't much that interests me anymore, most of the stuff seems to focus on panty shots / fan service. Bleh.

Yeah, bulk manga is the best. I bought like 15 books when Borders died for $10. Recently found 8 brand new volumes of stuff at Goodwill for $2 total. It was all some girly makeover book, but hopefully I can trade them eventually. Hard to turn down anything at that price.

I don't have nearly that much though, probably less than 100.

New Humble Weekly Bundle - The Return of Space Boy:

• Steam Marines
  • ROCKETSROCKETSROCKETS
  • StarMade (Early Access)
Beat the Average for the above and:

• Interplanetary
  • STARWHAL
  • Edge of Space (Early Access)
Pay $10 or more for all of the above and:

• Reassembly

bread's done