Humble Bundle Thread

I'll likely at least be in for $1 on this weekly.

That BTA needs to jump down, for me to jump in.

I already have all 3 Black Mirrors + RFG.

Book of Unwritten Tales 2 at $10 = meh. I can wait on that.

You also get a coupon for 75% off your order of Nordic Games products at the Humble Store.

If only we were actually able to well, browse by publisher...

The only thing I may want out of this is Chaser... but pay a dollar for that? Eeeeeh. Anyone wanna split? :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone know if Steam keys bought from Humble Bundle expire?
99.9% of time no, but there may be some once in a blue moon oddball case like that one free game recently that they removed from people's humble accounts or whatever.

That being said, I've literally had keys sitting around for years that I gave to people and they worked. Recently I saw someone put the Humble Bundle 2 on Steam gifts. It's extremely out of the norm for any sort of expiration type scenario to happen so I honestly would not worry about it.

Yeah but nobody GAF about Desura keys anymore. It was always just a purgatory placeholder until a game got on Steam anyhow and right now any half assed asset flip trash can get in in their sleep.

Also Humble stopped giving Desura keys for the most part a long ass time ago. Like I think Humble 2 or 3 so had them but nothing much after that unless you count the odd humble widget game the devs purposely wanted to put a Desura key up for.

apparently the 75% Nordic game doesn't work.  Hell, it doesn't appear in my account.  Only the Planetary Annihilation 66% coupon shows.  What the hell, HB?

Edit: Never mind, u have to buy in at Tier 3 for the coupon to appear

I must have missed a bundle or two... I literally have none of the 1 dollar tier.
I own 1 of the 4 on the weekly.

I have Silent Storm Gold from retail (which is on multiple-CD's), but not on Steam.

Always putting games on Steam is a good thing, when a bundle's this cheap.

As for the HB Indie 15, I have nothing on the first tier period.

Like yourself, I don't buy all bundles and don't buy all tiers. There has to be something in there that I really-really want, for me to buy a bundle.

Do the weekly bundles ever have games added to them later on? Probably a dumb question but I rarely go above the base tier these days and can't quite remember. Definitely getting it for Silent Storm and considering the $10 level but not sure if there's quite enough I want outside of SS and Book of Unwritten Tales 2.

I own 1 of the 4 on the weekly.

I have Silent Storm Gold from retail (which is on multiple-CD's), but not on Steam.

Always putting games on Steam is a good thing, when a bundle's this cheap.

Looks like they updated SS too (maybe to get it on to Steam) because it didn't work on Win7 and above for the longest time.

Do the weekly bundles ever have games added to them later on? Probably a dumb question but I rarely go above the base tier these days and can't quite remember. Definitely getting it for Silent Storm and considering the $10 level but not sure if there's quite enough I want outside of SS and Book of Unwritten Tales 2.
Naw, weekly's don't usually get more games added.

More games added later often comes w/ regular main bundles that are up for two weeks.

Usually, if they are going to add games to a Tier - there's a blank box w/ a question mark in it and under that box it says "More Games To Come."

And usually, the "More Games" drop in after the bundle's been up for a week.

I probably would've BTA'd on this Nordic 3 weekly, but I already own RFG + all of The Black Mirror games. If I was missing RFG or any of the Black Mirrors, I'd probably have went in at $5.06 (lowest I recall seeing for the BTA). I'd really only be half-interested in Desperados 1 + 2 & MX vs. ATV Unleashed. I can live without the BTA games.

About BoUT2 - I still ain't played the original game + its spin-off! So, I can wait on BoUT2.

Looks like they updated SS too (maybe to get it on to Steam) because it didn't work on Win7 and above for the longest time.
Sweet. I'm gonna buy have to buy Tier 1 for both Indie 15 + Nordic 3 Weekly.

Only game I kind of want in the BTA Tier for Indie 15 is Chaos on Deponia. I've had the original Deponia for a while - and it's still just sitting in my backlog.

This is the most expensive Yaiba I've seen in a while. Retail console versions of the game are like $7 new.

I want some of those games but Dem Prices!

Luckily I did get Dynasty 8 from Russians when it was on a 50% off sake before the Russian pipeline got shut down.

Not that I'd be willing to buy at this price, but I was trying to figure out whether Bladestorm would run on my crappy old laptop, and I have no idea what this line in the requirements is supposed to be telling me, considering that it's the only thing that seems to be pointing to a video card baseline.

Recommended Graphics: 1980*1080 pixel over, True Color, 16:9 display
Anyone have any idea if there's something useful hidden in there?

Actually, it looks like all their recent PC ports are shit compared to consoles unfortunately :(
Pretty much. I think some of the Musou ports are supposed to be okay, but otherwise I just keep hearing horror stories about KT PC ports.

I really want Nobunaga because I remember playing that game on the NES (Yes Souffrir I'm old) but I don't feel like taking out a second mortgage to buy it.

The PC port of Dead or Alive 5 is fine. The only people complaining about it are people who complain about everything.

There are a couple of things they left out texture wise, but you would never notice. The specs are waaaay too high--it will run on lower spec'd machines--just do your research.

The online is just "online"--and like ALL online games it will never be perfect.

If it's your only option to play DOA, then you will be happy. The last version I played was DOA2 PS2, and I love playing DOA5 on my PC on my HDTV--it looks and plays great.

It seems sphere of Influence is the only one supporting english language.
Well the only recent one anyhow.

They did do an English version of Romance of the Three Kingdoms 11 a couple of years back and even put it up on Gamersgate (with securom eww) but for some inexplicable reason still haven't released it on Steam.

I do have that one, but I got it on sale at GG plus the regular retail price isn't a bajillion dollars like Nobunaga.

I just can't believe how expensive the DOA5 DLC is.
The DLC is useless, and stupid. Its fuck ing "horse armor" and nothing more.

Folks only purchase the DOA5 DLC it to satisfy their OCD urges, and anyone who does so is encouraging this kind of bad DLC content across the whole industry. DOA5 PC already has a ton of costumes, and many of the ones from the pre-order come unlocked.

There is a large and very vocal minority who want to pillory Koei-Tecmo over the PC version's short comings, but these critics are far more egregious in their behavior, and I suspect they don't even own the damn thing. The devs have been working hard to continue to patch and improve the game, and I believe the decent sales numbers speak for themselves. Its a good game, and the PC release is better than most people would have you believe.

The DLC is useless, and stupid. Its fuck ing "horse armor" and nothing more.

Folks only purchase the DOA5 DLC it to satisfy their OCD urges, and anyone who does so is encouraging this kind of bad DLC content across the whole industry. DOA5 PC already has a ton of costumes, and many of the ones from the pre-order come unlocked.

There is a large and very vocal minority who want to pillory Koei-Tecmo over the PC version's short comings, but these critics are far more egregious in their behavior, and I suspect they don't even own the damn thing. The devs have been working hard to continue to patch and improve the game, and I believe the decent sales numbers speak for themselves. Its a good game, and the PC release is better than most people would have you believe.
Sexy women are horses now?

donssword's GF/BF/whatever probably wears this year round:

plus-size-pilgrim-woman-costume.jpg

http://www.polygon.com/2015/10/12/9513937/humble-bundle-cuts-jobs

Humble Bundle has laid off 12 people — about 20 percent of its staff — in a move that the company's CEO admitted reflected overly eager expansion.

The cuts affected various departments and took place late last week, according to a source who preferred to remain anonymous. Job losses hit people in creative, engineering, business development and communications departments.

"Unfortunately, last week Humble Bundle was forced to let go of some of our employees," confirmed co-founder John Graham, in an email to Polygon. "Despite strong revenue, and our community surpassing $65 million raised for charity to date, our past hiring was too ambitious and we had to make a hard call last week."

Groupees will fake their closure in order to trick the bundle site from the land of copypasta into going out of business. Once IG is eliminated Groupees will return, and Jonny will move to phase two of bundle domination: destroying the bundle company from the land of Rice-A-Roni.

bread's done
Back