Humble Bundle Thread

Not buying any Groupees bundles for months helps. They haven't included any games I'd even look at for ages, so for me there's no comparison between their collections of Greenlight dregs and this.
well, if you give Johnny $12 instead of $1.50 for blind order, I am sure that he can up the quality of his Poopees to SanctuaryRPG and Saint Row IV (with no dlc) :whistle2:

SR4 is a joke without DLC? What? I can't think of a single piece of worthwhile DLC for that game except MAYBE the Christmas DLC. You'd be silly to buy even as much of that as I did.

Towerfall breaks my heart because the devs are full SJW but the game itself is actually pretty good solo. Supposedly the DLC adds even more to the solo campaign.

Still, VC is a steal. Lethal Leagues is good for laughs.
+1 to what spoder said (mostly because we played together).

How exactly is Towerfall full SJW? Not doubting you, but curious.

VC is a solid deal at $2. Hope they bring that supposed sequel to Steam.

I must be the only regular here who is actually happy with this bundle. I didn't have any of the games and they all look good to me, so no complaints here.
Despite my criticism, I'm happy with the bundle overall as well, seeing as I didn't own 6. If all the monthlies were this solid, I'd probably keep subscribing, but I imagine there'll be a quality drop-off next month.

so I am going to be the one who ask since no one here raised it up..

Did Tebow pre-order? :D/
I just texted him asking. I'll let you know when I get an answer since you're all dying to know.

so I am going to be the one who ask since no one here raised it up..

Did Tebow pre-order? :D/
No one knows since he smashed his keyboard upon seeing the lineup and can't respond.

Selling the humble bundle monthly since i ma having buyer remorse.

$12 for the whole thing beside legend of grimlock 2, that i want to keep
Definitely not Bobby since it's not selling for $24.

Last edited by a moderator:
Today, November 7th, is my birthday, so if anyone wants to send me some games instead of sending them to spoder...

http://steamcommunity.com/id/mfgarymfoak/
58791566.jpg

Didn't read the whole thread so if this has been discussed to death already...  I don't care. 

So I cancelled my monthly subscription but was curious as to what the next sign up game was so I went and looked.

Its Towerfall: Ascension...  So it looks like they are doing repeats one month in. 

WTF?

well, if you give Johnny $12 instead of $1.50 for blind order, I am sure that he can up the quality of his Poopees to SanctuaryRPG and Saint Row IV (with no dlc) :whistle2:
If Johnny could show that Groupees is capable of drawing major publishers like Deep Silver and Sega, not to mention all the ones that have done weeklies, he would have my business again. Not to be a Humble apologist, but I still wouldn't put them and Groupees in the same category.

Didn't read the whole thread so if this has been discussed to death already... I don't care.

So I cancelled my monthly subscription but was curious as to what the next sign up game was so I went and looked.

Its Towerfall: Ascension... So it looks like they are doing repeats one month in.

WTF?
They announced that they would be doing exactly this back when they announced the Monthly bundles. Each month the immediate access title will be one from the previous bundle.

They announced that they would be doing exactly this back when they announced the Monthly bundles. Each month the immediate access title will be one from the previous bundle.
In something that you are paying $12 for and ideally they want you to sub every month, what is the logic in this?

In something that you are paying $12 for and ideally they want you to sub every month, what is the logic in this?
If you're subscribing every month they don't need to offer you extra incentives to sign up. If you haven't been subscribing maybe something extra can get you to go for it. I'm not saying I like it, but it's very common for businesses to offer special incentives that do not apply to existing customers.

So what you're saying is that if the bundles didn't suck one should cancel every month just so you could sale an extra key on the side...

I'm not sure I really understand their thinking on this.

So what you're saying is that if the bundles didn't suck one should cancel every month just so you could sale an extra key on the side...

I'm not sure I really understand their thinking on this.
I was under the impression that the bonus was for "new" customers only (which they would determine via your payment method, which they already have ways to do).

Sorry to disappoint folks but Tebow did not get the bundle. He then promptly accused me of being a vampire.

+1 to what spoder said (mostly because we played together).

How exactly is Towerfall full SJW? Not doubting you, but curious.

VC is a solid deal at $2. Hope they bring that supposed sequel to Steam.

Despite my criticism, I'm happy with the bundle overall as well, seeing as I didn't own 6. If all the monthlies were this solid, I'd probably keep subscribing, but I imagine there'll be a quality drop-off next month.

I just texted him asking. I'll let you know when I get an answer since you're all dying to know.
They have an Anita character in the DLC, thanking her for her inspiration for their female characters, which explains why their female characters are forgettable and androgynous.

Also, I'm genuinely curious for you and the Spodemeister, what DLC in SR4 actually helps mucking around? Apart from the Christmas DLC everything else was clothes or inferior mucking about weapons/elements...

After having looked at old posts, I now see that many dislike this bundle. The games are actually a bit better than I was expecting, though, and they have yet to be cheaper elsewhere.
Well, it's not that it's bad bad.. I think if they just made this a regular bundle with $12 as the high tier, most people will call it a good/decent bundle.

Making it a blind pre-order however, the bar is set a fair bit higher since there's some element of risk, and there IS a reason why they chose to do it this way - i.e they think people won't buy it if they knew what the games were or they expected people to have repeats in it or whatever. Note also that with this sub system they're only giving 5% of the proceeds to charity compared to the choose-what-you-want sliders in a regular bundle.

Not including SR4 complete however is just exceptionally bad PR esp. given that they're attempting to sell it in their store immediately after the reveal.. more so when the upgrade pack is left out.

If the leak revealed SR4 complete, along with VC/LOG2, it might just have pushed me over the edge.. since I don't own any of them here. OCDness held my hand though. I certainly would have gave it a lot of thought if it was just a regular bundle.

Honestly , I was pretty happy with the Humble Monthly Bundle. I essentially got Valkyria Chronicles, Beseige and Grimrock 2 for $4 each , which is a decent enough deal. Got a few cool bonus games too. 

There's no fucking way I'm subscribing for a second bundle though , unless hints/leaks indicate it's a damn good deal. 

The very nature of these mystery boxes is that you get stuff that you wouldn't in your right mind pay $12 for if you knew what it was, but you enjoyed the gambling and speculation and maybe one day you'll get a game you really like and feel like it was worth it. That's how Lootcrate and all that other poop runs. The only thing they could do to make it even more gimmicky is randomly promise really good games to a few subscribers each month.

If this was a weekly with tiers and the upper tier was $12 I doubt too many people would be buying it.
Then you make a few pennies back by putting up a video on youtube of you opening the box and reacting to the junk you bought =p

If Johnny could show that Groupees is capable of drawing major publishers like Deep Silver and Sega, not to mention all the ones that have done weeklies, he would have my business again. Not to be a Humble apologist, but I still wouldn't put them and Groupees in the same category.
hbapologist.png

No, the real question is: what is the Humble Monthly subscription price at now?
Also a good question. Hopefully, it bricks down b/c that HM was truly a rip-off at its price. Too much stuff people already own or don't have much interest in for a price-tag that was never worth it.

Basically, HM looked like Poopees Jr.

...will be on paws... 

:rofl:

That pun is surprisingly more satisfying than their blind Monthly subscription shenanigans.

Yes, I partook in November, but never again!

bread's done
Back