Humble Bundle Thread

Translation:

We'll be too busy trying to figure out why so many of our Humble Monthly subscribers have canceled their subscriptions to deal with making bundles or anything like that for the next fortnight.
Sadly that seems pretty much spot on. I wonder what happens in the next couple months...if the monthly bundles aren't as successful, does HB abandon them? Does the focus on getting better games for monthly bundles mean fewer main bundles?

Sadly that seems pretty much spot on. I wonder what happens in the next couple months...if the monthly bundles aren't as successful, does HB abandon them? Does the focus on getting better games for monthly bundles mean fewer main bundles?
They've already had fewer main bundles this year. A good amount of publisher bundles and Jumbos, but the main Humble Indie Bundles have been scarce. I suspect that may be due to a lack of decent games that are willing to be in the main bundles. Lots of keys at whatever portion of a $6 average may not be all that compelling for the publishers of the better indie games. A larger share of a larger amount per key (with less keys) may be more compelling for publishers.

im surprised they are not whining about all the hate they have to be getting from the monthy bundle. I give it 3 months before it is quietly retired.
Again, a lower total amount with a much lower number of keys issued may be more palatable for publishers. The monthly also doesn't have the same DRM-free multi-OS requirement of the main Indie Bundles, giving it a larger pool of games to pull from. Unless publishers jump ship I don't see the monthly going anywhere.

They've already had fewer main bundles this year. A good amount of publisher bundles and Jumbos, but the main Humble Indie Bundles have been scarce.
They've been later than usual, but so far we're still on track to get the typical number of HIBs in a year: 3.

Unless publishers jump ship I don't see the monthly going anywhere.
Wait, is this like your prediction about how the first Monthly was going to be good?

They've been later than usual, but so far we're still on track to get the typical number of HIBs in a year: 3.
I'm not sure we'll see a third one this year. There were four in 2014, two in 2013, and three in 2012. So, really, two or three wouldn't actually be unusual and we are on track. Basically. So maybe we'd see more like one in 2016 if they do cut back.

Wait, is this like your prediction about how the first Monthly was going to be good?
Maybe. I have no special knowledge. I just observe that some higher-profile indie games seem to be staying out of bundles these days.

Double Fine Monthly confirmed.

No refunds give-backsies confirmed.
FWIW, someone on Reddit claimed he requested a refund for the Humble monthly (he hadn't revealed the keys yet) and they gave it to him. Kind of defeats the purpose of a mystery box but good to know I suppose.

Oh shut up and stop being an anti-Mooby and let us ride our hate train about the god damned monthly mystery box. :p
I'm not saying it's anything we're going to want to buy. Just that publishers might be happier.

Double Fine Monthly confirmed.

No refunds give-backsies confirmed.
I could almost see that happening, given the photographs that Schafer seems to have.

When Gilby says a humble monthly bundle will suck, I'll start subscribing.
I'm out for the next one. And probably the rest, too. Is that enough for you to moran?

New Humble Books Bundle - DIY:

• Make: Inventing a Better Mousetrap
  • Make: Planes Gliders and Paper Rockets
  • Make: Like the Pioneers
  • Make: Volume 29, DIY Superhuman/Mod Your Bod
  • Make: Volume 17, Lost Knowledge
  • Make: Easy 1+2+3 Projects
  • Make: Volume 34, Explore the Deep
Beat the Average for the above and:

• Make: Bicycle Projects
  • Vintage Tomorrows
  • Illustrated Guide to Home Forensic Science Experiments
  • Illustrated Guide to Astronomical Wonders
  • Make: Volume 28, Toys and Games
  • MAkes: Volume 13, Magic
  • 21st Century Robot
Pay $15 or more for all of the above and:

• Make: Tinkering, 2nd Edition
  • Make: The Annotated Build-It-Yourself Science Laboratory
New Humble Peanuts Comics Bundle BTA Unlocks:

• A Valentine for Charlie Brown
  • Peanuts: It's Tokyo, Charlie Brown!

New Humble today is probably this.

• Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Phantoms by Ubisoft
  • Ravenmark: Scourge Of Estellion by Witching Hour Studios
  • Holy Potatoes! A Weapon Shop?! by Daylight Studios
  • Rocketbirds: Harboiled Chicken by Ratloop Asia
  • Cubetractor by Ludochip
  • Devil's Dare by Secret Base
  • Dusty Revenge: Co-Op Edition by PD Design Studio
  • Autumn Dynasty by Touch Dimensions and
  • Mooncake Shop by Afzainizam Zahari
Credit goes to Tomasety for providing info on the leak

New Humble today is probably this.

• Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Phantoms by Ubisoft
  • Ravenmark: Scourge Of Estellion by Witching Hour Studios
  • Holy Potatoes! A Weapon Shop?! by Daylight Studios
  • Rocketbirds: Harboiled Chicken by Ratloop Asia
  • Cubetractor by Ludochip
  • Devil's Dare by Secret Base
  • Dusty Revenge: Co-Op Edition by PD Design Studio
  • Autumn Dynasty by Touch Dimensions and
  • Mooncake Shop by Afzainizam Zahari
Credit goes to Tomasety for providing info on the leak
So.

F2P crap,

A turn based wargame,

A Recettear-inspired sim game,

A fun (but frustrating at times) shooting action platformer,

A puzzle action game,

A beat'em up with permadeath,

A Dust ripoff,

ANOTHER Strategy game (mobile only, the sequel got Greenlit),

And a Popcap Android-only ripoff.

I really hope all the strategy crap is bundled on the high tiers. But knowing Humble, Dusty Revenge and Devil's Dare will be in the $15 tier. Bleh.

Last edited by a moderator:
So.

F2P crap,

A turn based wargame,

A Recettear-inspired sim game,

A fun (but frustrating at times) shooting action platformer,

A puzzle action game,

A beat'em up with permadeath,

A Dust ripoff,

ANOTHER Strategy game (mobile only, the sequel got Greenlit),

And a Popcap Android-only ripoff.

I really hope all the strategy crap is bundled on the high tiers. But knowing Humble, Dusty Revenge and Devil's Dare will be in the $15 tier. Bleh.
My guess is they'll put the non-repeats (Holy Potatoes and Ravenmark) in a high tier and the repeats in the $1 tier. Dusty Revenge and Devil's Dare have been in cheap bundles before..

My guess is they'll put the non-repeats (Holy Potatoes and Ravenmark) in a high tier and the repeats in the $1 tier. Dusty Revenge and Devil's Dare have been in cheap bundles before..
That sounds about right, which sucks for me, because Ravenmark is the only thing out of that batch that looks interesting.

That sounds about right, which sucks for me, because Ravenmark is the only thing out of that batch that looks interesting.
Slitherine has put games in $1 bundles before so there's a chance Ravenmark won't be in a high tier. Holy Potatoes might as well be guaranteed to be in a high tier though.

I kinda want that Potato game myself :p

But not much more than $1 want, mind you.

Slitherine has put games in $1 bundles before so there's a chance Ravenmark won't be in a high tier. Holy Potatoes might as well be guaranteed to be in a high tier though.
mVzFEWm.gif

As someone that is relatively new to the Humble Bundle I have a question for you guys. How do you manage the keys?

Do you:
1. Redeem them all and activate them?
2. Redeem them but hang onto the keys? If so how do you keep track of what's been activated?
3. Don't activate them and keep them in the Humble Bundle livrary?
4. Some combination of the above?

I don't know what to do with the keys I have not redeemed yet.

As someone that is relatively new to the Humble Bundle I have a question for you guys. How do you manage the keys?

Do you:
2. Redeem them but hang onto the keys? If so how do you keep track of what's been activated?

I think many (most?) people who buy bundles regularly employ some kind of spreadsheet for the purpose of storing redeemed/unredeemed keys. As to what people do with keys, this varies. Some here will redeem every key for every game in every bundle. Some will do this except they'll post or otherwise quickly dispose of duplicates. Personally I have two spreadsheets that I'm semi-good at keeping up-to-date: one is for all keys and the second is for unused keys. I will do periodic giveaways and sometimes trade or sell stuff I don't want to other CAGs. FWIW, I use Google Sheets for my spreadsheets because they live online and are therefore fairly goofproof (although if Google has a data breach, I could potentially have a problem).

One thing you have to be cautious about with Humbles in particular is that some of the keys you get have a limited shelf-life, so the one thing you may not want to do is # 3. Several people got a nasty surprise earlier this year when Humble did a giveaway of keys for Stealth Inc. 2 and realized a month or so later that their keys were no longer valid. This sort of thing also occasionally happens with other bundle sites like Groupees, especially with GOG.com keys. However, the sites generally give you specific advance notice that the keys will be invalidated after a certain date.

Do you:

Activate everything you want, copy unused keys or gift links onto a spreadsheet (google sheets works well enough and cloud storage has saved my butt once already). It's easy to get overwhelmed by the sheer volume of keys you'll be swimming in after just a month or two of bundle purchasing. Some of the bundle sites have features that let you know if a key has been used or not, but it's a horrible slog to sift through all that crap months later when you actually want to trade or sell something.

Best to just redeem everything or transfer it to a spreadsheet or text doc ASAP.

I think many (most?) people who buy bundles regularly employ some kind of spreadsheet for the purpose of storing redeemed/unredeemed keys. As to what people do with keys, this varies. Some here will redeem every key for every game in every bundle. Some will do this except they'll post or otherwise quickly dispose of duplicates. Personally I have two spreadsheets that I'm semi-good at keeping up-to-date: one is for all keys and the second is for unused keys. I will do periodic giveaways and sometimes trade or sell stuff I don't want to other CAGs. FWIW, I use Google Sheets for my spreadsheets because they live online and are therefore fairly goofproof (although if Google has a data breach, I could potentially have a problem).

One thing you have to be cautious about with Humbles in particular is that some of the keys you get have a limited shelf-life, so the one thing you may not want to do is # 3. Several people got a nasty surprise earlier this year when Humble did a giveaway of keys for Stealth Inc. 2 and realized a month or so later that their keys were no longer valid. This sort of thing also occasionally happens with other bundle sites like Groupees, especially with GOG.com keys. However, the sites generally give you specific advance notice that the keys will be invalidated after a certain date.
I'm selective with what bundles I buy. I mostly get what I don't own from tremor or bundle splits, and buy bundles that have barely any repeats. That means I don't end up with many spare keys so I have no need for a spreadsheet (not like I'd use one anyway, too lazy).

Actually, they gave ample warning about Stealth Inc 2's keys being limited. What they didn't make clear was that any DRM free downloads included would also become invalid on the same date. So I missed out on grabbing the OST.

Is this some THINK OF THE CHILDREN thing?
That annoys me about the Humble jockriders. You dare speak ill of the bundles and they go "DERP! IT'S FOR CHARITY!"

Like, yes, you can donate money to charity, but I can walk in to almost any gas station and donate money to charity as they are almost always collecting donations for some charity. I'm not going to be compelled to throw money at another charity just because some shitty games are being thrown at me for paying x amount of money.

I don't know what I think of this potential bundle, but I do think "Holy Potatoes!" could become a trending catch phrase in CAG land.

New Humble Weekly Bundle - Made in Singapore:

• Autumn Dynasty - RTS (Android)
  • Mooncake Shop (Android)
  • Cubetractor
  • Rocketbirds: Hardboiled Chicken + Soundtrack
  • Tom Clancy Ghost Recon: Phantoms Squad Starter Pack
Beat the Average for the above and:

• Devil's Dare
  • Dusty's Revenge: Co-Op Edition
  • Ravenmark: Scourge of Estellion
  • Tom Clancy Ghost Recon: Phantoms Rainbow Six Complete Pack
Pay $12 or more for all of the above and:

• Holy Potatoes! A Weapon Shop?!
Subscribe to the Humble Monthly Bundle:

• Unlock Towerfall: Ascension immediately
  • All games in the next bundle will unlock on December 4th

The-$12-bundle-that-makes-humble-monthly-look-better.

Good job, humble bundle!
That must be their plan.

They sat around their office going "Hmmm...people say the $12 surprise monthly bundle sucked and are canceling their subscriptions. What can we do to draw them back? I got it! Weekly bundles with a $12 top tier and the games in the bundle will make the Monthly bundle look like Fallout 4, Star Wars Battlefront, Metal Gear Solid V, Just Cause 3, and Call of Duty: BLOPS III by comparison!"

I love how Humble thinks a little Indie Game that sells for $15 regular price and has already been on sale for less than $12 is worth being in a $12 tier.

I love how Humble thinks a little Indie Game that sells for $15 regular price and has already been on sale for less than $12 is worth being in a $12 tier.
That's some dcgamer69 shit

Have: Holy Potatos! They Really Want Us To Pay This Much?

Want: $12 Paypal (20% off MSRP)

Do not purposefully reply to me about my prices or intend to reply with the intention of intending a troll, or else I will write a dissertation to the mods claiming that you are a trolling troller without the decency to reply to my PMs requesting your K-Mart rewards number and try to get you banned from CAG. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to illegally duplicate my purchased PSN games onto a PS3 I bought for $50 on Amazon and try to resell it on ebay for $250.

bread's done
Back