Humble Bundle Thread

I, rcsample, the great Moobnosticator, predict Humble will alternate shitty and fairly good bundles to maximize the number of suckers gamers who would typically not keep a subscription going.

SO LET IT BE WRITTEN! SO LET IT BE DONE!

I, rcsample, the great Moobnosticator, predict Humble will alternate shitty and fairly good bundles to maximize the number of suckers gamers who would typically not keep a subscription going.

SO LET IT BE WRITTEN! SO LET IT BE DONE!
But they got the order wrong for the first two bundles.

Just a warning to anyone thinking of playing payday 2; don't. They just added some p2w microtransactions and when people asked for the p2w part to be removed, Overkill buried their head in the sand and said "LALALA CAN'T HEAR YOU".

If you want a real Payday game, get the original. It's like a buck fitty and miles better than 2.

Meh. I paid $12 for Rust over a year ago and that was when people actually were playing it. ARK is the hot game at the moment and honestly it's miles better than Rust ever was.
Truth. I played a lot of Rust a year and change ago and I think it ceded a lot of ground to Ark. I'm actually not surprised to see it bundled at this point to try and drum up some interest again.

You silly people and your logic.

Next you'll tell me that your Steam Level is only 27 or something.

*laughs hysterically*

:whee:
gallery_49842_8694_14592.jpg

I dont think I'll ever buy another humble monthly because its much easier to buy the one or two games I'm missing from the cesspool (since theres usually several people selling the individual games at cost instead of trying to Bobby it); than to try and sell the other 3-4 games to recoup my losses.

It's a pretty good group of mostly unbundled games, but I can't say I'm really interested in any of them.

Had this been a normal HIB I would have spent 2 hours F5'ing for a low average, penny'd in, and maybe bumped up to $1 tier a couple weeks later.

Looking forward to getting ARK in the monthly around this time next year, when it has been rendered irrelevant by the latest new kid on the block and I will still be subscribed through having forgotten to cancel (is this the new moran?) twelve times in a row.

Well schmidt ... well played Humble ... well played.

Edit: Meh, I have pretty much all the rest. Dodged a bullet there.

Edit 2: If they make RUST the game you get when you sign up for month 3, they'll probably get a record subscription
Curses. The bonus game to subscribe for next month is Payday 2 + DLC.

I don't really see the point of subscribing, unless you never buy games outside of bundles ever. I mean sure, some bundles will be good and you'll own none of the games.. but you'll also get burned on some (like a lot of people did with the last one).

You'll get good deals, along with shitty ones.. which at best means you're breaking even.

is payday 2 any good (heard about some microtransactions stuff)? I'll play it like I played payday the heist, primarily solo with ai sprinkled with a little online co op action.

I don't really see the point of subscribing, unless you never buy games outside of bundles ever. I mean sure, some bundles will be good and you'll own none of the games.. but you'll also get burned on some (like a lot of people did with the last one).

You'll get good deals, along with shitty ones.. which at best means you're breaking even.
[customspoiler=But you can give the games you have to your friends and it gives more money to Humble so they can make better bundles! And stuff][/customspoiler]
I'll join the minute they provide free trials.
Someone on Reddit claimed they gave him a refund for the first monthly when he requested it once he found out the games and hadn't redeemed the keys yet. :p

is payday 2 any good (heard about some microtransactions stuff)? I'll play it like I played payday the heist, primarily solo with ai sprinkled with a little online co op action.
I must be the minority on this but I thought compared to Payday 1, it's hot garbage. No maps as cool as Heat Street. You knock over jewelry stores and tiny banks built no bigger than a convenience store. Grindy as hell too.

In the two monthly bundles there has been only one game I already have (SanctuaryRPG.) I do buy games outside of bundles, but not that many. I've also tended to avoid the high tiers of bundles. My steam count is somewhat lower than the 3000+ that you and many others here are carrying. That may be the difference in me seeing these bundles as at least decent.

That said, I'm probably skipping next month, too.

In the two monthly bundles there has been only one game I already have (SanctuaryRPG.) I do buy games outside of bundles, but not that many. I've also tended to avoid the high tiers of bundles. My steam count is somewhat lower than the 3000+ that you and many others here are carrying. That may be the difference in me seeing these bundles as at least decent.

That said, I'm probably skipping next month, too.
Missing 2 from first and 3 games first.

24€ / 5 = 4.8€ per game, so probably cheaper for me to get from sales.

I must be the minority on this but I thought compared to Payday 1, it's hot garbage. No maps as cool as Heat Street. You knock over jewelry stores and tiny banks built no bigger than a convenience store. Grindy as hell too.
No, I'm pretty sure everyone agrees that Payday 2 heists are complete shit compared to Payday 1. Payday 1 you actually had unique heists where you did stuff other than throw bags. Hospital was my favorite.

Last edited by a moderator:
I loved Payday 1.

On the day I got married, I had three hours to kill in the morning before I had to get ready, so I just robbed the bank time and time again.

There's probably a metaphor in there somewhere.

I loved Payday 1.

On the day I got married, I had three hours to kill in the morning before I had to get ready, so I just robbed the bank time and time again.

There's probably a metaphor in there somewhere.
lol at this nerd. getting married? lolol that's worse than playing Payday 2! git gud

Another mediocre monthly.  Banished and Neon Struct only ones I'd probably play.  And while Banished is nice I hear it's very basic/shallow as it was done by one person.  Stuff like the Guild 3 and other city management sims are releasing within the next year.  Neon Struct looks cool but is apparently short.  Meh.

Rust... was that ever even finished?  I'll leave the shitty perpetual early access survival games to Bruticis.

[quote name="Mooby" post="13083086" timestamp="1449367351"]Another mediocre monthly. Banished and Neon Struct only ones I'd probably play. And while Banished is nice I hear it's very basic/shallow as it was done by one person. Stuff like the Guild 3 and other city management sims are releasing within the next year. Neon Struct looks cool but is apparently short. Meh.

Rust... was that ever even finished? I'll leave the shitty perpetual early access survival games to Bruticis.[/quote]
I actually wish I paid for this bundle rather than the first, but that's just me.

I'll probably pick up the games from this monthly in the CAG cesspool. Or not.

Another mediocre monthly. Banished and Neon Struct only ones I'd probably play. And while Banished is nice I hear it's very basic/shallow as it was done by one person. Stuff like the Guild 3 and other city management sims are releasing within the next year. Neon Struct looks cool but is apparently short. Meh.

Rust... was that ever even finished? I'll leave the shitty perpetual early access survival games to Bruticis.
Banished is pretty basic, still fun but it's mostly about managing food and population. Once you get a good run going, their isn't much to do, kind of like Tropico and such (though Tropico is far easier).

This monthly is awesome cause I managed to trade a spare garbage key for chroma squad, the only game i didnt have and wanted

No word on what's in the new bundle yet? Don't make me wait 90 mins.....

Yeah, why bother with the real thing when there are so many waifu games out there?
lol at this nerd. getting married? lolol that's worse than playing Payday 2! git gud

Some men enjoy getting divorce raped and paying alimony to "raise children" (ie support said ex-wife) that they suspect aren't even there's to begin with.

It's every modern feminist's dream!

Last edited:
bread's done
Back