Humble Bundle Thread

Wow, I've never seen less "sports" in something labeled "sports." Imagine showing up to a sporting event and having to watch this crap.
image.jpg

So, nobody's here now, or anything, but, uh, Humble Squeenix 3.

I had to laugh at the poor saps who bought that $10 bundle direct from Squeenix last week. This bundle is a middle finger to all of you (unless you're that one guy who really wanted it for the Lara Croft twin-stick shooter thing). I predict that FF XIII will be one of the second-week unlocks.

Also I feel bad about paying $1 for The Last Remnant and then never playing it. . . .

I had to laugh at the poor saps who bought that $10 bundle direct from Squeenix last week. This bundle is a middle finger to all of you (unless you're that one guy who really wanted it for the Lara Croft twin-stick shooter thing). I predict that FF XIII will be one of the second-week unlocks.

Also I feel bad about paying $1 for The Last Remnant and then never playing it. . . .
I doubt FFXIII will be a 2nd week bonus. It has more value than most of the games in the bundle. We'll see though, they could pull a Capcom.

By now I kinda feel bad about grabbing The Last Remnant in one of Tony's bundles as I'm not sure I've played anything from that bundle.

Humble Square Enix 3 Bundle

$1

• The Last Remnant
  • Life Is Strange Episode 1
  • Tomb Raider I,II+III
  • Murdered: Soul Suspect
BTA

• Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn ***Square Enix key, not Steam
  • Just Cause Collection (JC1 + JC2 + Complete DLC)
  • Front Mission Evolved
  • Gyromancer
  • Yosumin
  • 20% off Just Cause 3
  • 33% off Life Is Strange Season pass
  • more games coming soon
$13 $8.99 (changed sometime within 12 hours of launch)

• Lara Croft & Temple of Osiris
  • Tomb Raider 2013 GOTY Edition
  • Hitman Absolution Elite Edition

Last edited by a moderator:
DOES. THIS. INCLUDE. ANY. SOUNDTRACKS.

(Probably not. Except for the Hitman one.)

I think they'll likely add Kane & Lynch or some Legacy of Kain games next week.

Wow. That's really messed up. Square Enix just took a massive turd on everyone that bought their blind bundle. This one is only $3 more, has enormously more games, and you get to actually see what you're buying, only a week after.

$1

• The Last Remnant
  • Tomb Raider I,II+III
BTA

• Front Mission Evolved
  • Gyromancer
  • Yosumin
  • 20% off Just Cause 3
  • more games coming soon
$13

now to find someone selling

• Gyromancer

The price for the top tier has dropped from $13 to $8.99.

Not sure it will help.  I mean, I sort of want Osiris, but the rest is useless.

Big ehhhh for me. Have everything from the base tier aside from Murdered: Soul Suspect, but I've played that on XB1 so it'd just be a +1 for me. BTA isn't very tempting at this point either.

I probably personally wouldn't do it anyway, but I wonder whether the Season Pass coupon stacks with the sale? That would make Life is Strange about $7.63 if anyone's wanting to complete the set.

I probably personally wouldn't do it anyway, but I wonder whether the Season Pass coupon stacks with the sale? That would make Life is Strange about $7.63 if anyone's wanting to complete the set.
NOTE: In order to redeem this coupon, you must have a Humble Bundle account or set up a Humble Bundle account using the same email address you used to purchase the bundle. This coupon will expire at at 11:59 PM on February 5, 2016. Not valid with other offers or discounts. Limit one per account.

NOTE: In order to redeem this coupon, you must have a Humble Bundle account or set up a Humble Bundle account using the same email address you used to purchase the bundle. This coupon will expire at at 11:59 PM on February 5, 2016. Not valid with other offers or discounts. Limit one per account.
Okay, but don't all of the coupons you get from Humble say that? It's boilerplate, isn't it?

Looks like an okay bundle, which considering Squeenix is impressive on it's own.  But I own enough of it already that I won't get it. 

Attempted to check out to see what price you get on Life is Strange.  Doesn't stack the way warreni suggested. Only goes down from 16.99 to 11.38

Total 

$16.99 $11.38

$9 for Osirus and Tomb Raider.. hmm...

BTA is likely going to be the same-old assorted old throwaways they use all the time like old Deux ex and old Thief games etc...

Curiously, FF14 is "not available in your region" for me (not that I would pay a monthly for it now) I got curious and found out this bundle is unavailable altogether in Japan, so it appears that they are limiting it from certain markets.

What a giant kick in the nads for those suckers that bought the surprise bundle.

I'm pleasantly surprised, I wanted Last Remnant and have been holding out on buying Tomb Raiders 1-3 because I knew they'd be bundle fodder eventually. Throw in a gift copy of Murdered Soul Suspect and that's a dollar well spent.

$1

• The Last Remnant
  • Tomb Raider I,II+III
BTA

• Front Mission Evolved
  • Gyromancer
  • Yosumin
  • 20% off Just Cause 3
  • more games coming soon
$13

Looks like I own all of the 1st and most of the 3rd tier (except DLC's for TR 2013 + any Hitman Ab extras; and don't own LC ToO). I could careless about TR 2013 DLC's and Hitman Ab extras; and I'm not sold for LC ToO at $13.

BTA Tier is interesting for me - b/c this BTA right now is the cheapest FF14 has ever been according to ITAD; kind of sucks it would be only for 30 days, though. I have some of the games in there, but not all.

Spent just a penny a few weeks ago by mistake on the Team17 - The Threequel bundle, realized I could up my amount a little bit ago to actually get the games.

Bundle would be mildly appealing if the $13 tier were in the BTA tier.  The BTA tier is a bunch of bundle fodder/promo stuff that's been borderline free for years now.

New Doctor Who audiobook bundle:

PWYW

The Sirens of Time
Phantasmagoria
Destiny of the Doctor: Death’s Deal
Whispers of Terror (5th, 6th, and 7th Doctors for Doctor Who: Legacy)

Pay more than the average of $8.00 10ish at the moment to unlock!

Land of the Dead
The Fearmonger
The Marian Conspiracy
The Genocide Machine
Destiny of the Doctor: The Time Machine
Ace, Clara, and 11th Doctor Fez Costume for Doctor Who: Legacy
More audiobooks coming soon!

Pay $15 or more to unlock!

The Worlds of Big Finish
Torchwood: The Conspiracy
Red Dawn
Jack Harkness and Ianto for Doctor Who: Legacy

(stolen from the interwebz)

The Doctor Who Legacy stuff is Android only obviously. This is a seemingly-random assortment of Big Finish audios. A cursory glance suggests that with the exception of a few of the Tier 3 items and the Destiny of the Doctors series, these are culled from the first 50 Big Finish productions, which are on a permanent sale at the website for $5 for a download. That still makes this a good deal for someone who enjoys Doctor Who and doesn't own many of these. These are all 5th, 6th, and 7th Doctor stories, except for the Destiny ones, which apparently are sort-of like the Companion Chronicles, in that they don't feature the voices of any of the Doctor actors. Well, I see I'm going to have to find $15 under the couch cushions sometime between now and two Wednesdays from now.

EDIT: Oh, by the way, don't let the word "audiobooks" fool you--these are full-cast audio dramas.

Alright, I know Fox is going to make fun of me for this but I have listened to literally every Doctor Who audio drama there is, and I think everyone should wait for next week's reveals before buying the BTA. And the top tier doesn't have enough worth.

The Sirens of Time, Phantasmagoria, and Whispers of Terror are all great stories for a dollar (or a penny). The Fearmonger in the BTA tier is the best out of the selection revealed so far, and it really shows off McCoy's acting skills. The Land of the Dead introduces an old villain (which I won't name, since it would ruin the plot) and Genocide Machine is also decent. Plus, more dramas to be added later. If we're lucky, we'll get the whole alternate universe arc, but even the Zagreus stories would be good enough.

The first 100 audio dramas were all pretty good, the next 100 not so much. I wasn't fond of the Thomas Brewster series. The Levchenka series wasn't bad, and it got by with McCoy's help. Angel of Mercy series was okay, but it gets convoluted and hard to follow at the end. My absolute favorites are "Red" and "..Ish."

I haven't seen Torchwood, so I haven't listened to any of those stories yet, but I've listened to everything else in the canon and can say the BTA is shaping up to be a good investment. Main Series, Jago & Litefoot, Unbound (hated it), Gallifrey, Cyberman, Dalek Empire, Bernice Summerfield, Sarah Jane Smith, Charlotte Pollard, etc--listened to all of 'em.

Alright, so I know Fox is going to make fun of my for this but I have listened to literally every Doctor Who audio drama there is, and I think everyone should wait for next week's reveals before buying the BTA. The top tier doesn't have enough worth.

The Sirens of Time, Phantasmagoria, and Whispers of Terror are all great stories for a dollar (or a penny). The Fearmonger in the BTA tier is the best out of the selection revealed so far, and it really shows off McCoy's acting skills. The Land of the Dead introduces an old villain (which I won't name, since it would ruin the plot) and Genocide Machine is also decent. Plus, more dramas to be added later. If we're lucky, we'll get the whole alternate universe arc, but even the Zagreus stories would be good enough.

The first 100 audio dramas were all pretty good. I wasn't fond of the Thomas Brewster series. The Levchenka series wasn't bad, and it got by with McCoy's help. Angel of Mercy series was okay, but it gets convoluted and hard to follow at the end. My absolute favorites are "Red" and "..Ish."

I haven't seen Torchwood, so I haven't listened to any of those stories yet, but I've listened to everything else in the canon and can say the BTA is shaping up to be a good investment. But I've listened to all of Main Series, Jago & Litefoot, Unbound (hated it), Gallifrey, Cyberman, Dalek Empire, Bernice Summerfield, Sarah Jane Smith, Charlotte Pollard, etc--all of them.
Nerd.

Really? You didn't like the Unbound stories? I thought the few I've heard were quite good, especially the David Warner one. Torchwood is great, well, right up until that last series they did with Starz!; that was a bit off.

Well the problem with these kinds of bundles is that if you don't lock in the lowest BTA, and I doubt anyone was fast enough to get an $8 lock, it pretty much doesn't pay just to get the Tier 2 stuff. The last time I poked my head over there, the BTA was around $12 and they never go down on book bundles. So at that point you're paying an extra $3 for the Tier 3 stuff. Even at $5, where I clocked in, it's not worth passing up the third tier. IMO, there's a lot of value in the BTA as it stands and my suspicion (because they included two of them in the main set) is that the unlocks will include a few more of the Destiny stories.

Okay, now I did a little digging I was too lazy to do earlier and I'm having second thoughts about my recommendations. The main range stories included in the bundle are not random, but are actually the first 8 stories in the series. If you're curious about the stories, you still can't beat a Tier 1 buy to check it out. But to BTA? Well, apparently not coincidentally Big Finish has the first 50 stories on sale at the site for $3 rather than the usual $5, so you could grab a couple of other stories from that bunch. I've listened to most of those but not many of the more recent releases, so here are some further thoughts:

I second Blade's recommendation of . . . ish; it was pretty great.

Here are some of my other favorites: Master, Invaders from Mars, Colditz, The One Doctor, Jubilee, Doctor Who and the Pirates (one of Evelyn's best stories).

Nerd.

Really? You didn't like the Unbound stories? I thought the few I've heard were quite good, especially the David Warner one. Torchwood is great, well, right up until that last series they did with Starz!; that was a bit off.
It's been a while since I've listened to the first ones, but the one that absolutely ruined the series for me was the underwater base drama Full Fathom Five; it's in my search history since I disliked it enough to write a negative review of it on Amazon. The progression of the story was completely ludicrous and illogical based on moral principle, in my opinion. Wasn't too keen on the one where they wrote The Doctor off as a mentally ill old man, either, but it was good in how it addressed real family problems that a lot of people go through. I liked David Warner's story, but as a whole didn't enjoy the Unbound series. I also didn't get the need to add sexuality to the female Doctor's story.

Oh, and Spare Parts was great. I think that was in a previous HB, though. Really great story that should have been made into a special for the TV show.

It's been a while since I've listened to the first ones, but the one that absolutely ruined the series for me was the underwater base drama Full Fathom Five; it's in my search history since I disliked it enough to write a negative review of it on Amazon. The progression of the story was completely ludicrous and illogical based on moral principle, in my opinion. Wasn't too keen on the one where they wrote The Doctor off as a mentally ill old man, either, but it was good in how it addressed real family problems that a lot of people go through. I liked David Warner's story, but as a whole didn't enjoy the Unbound series. I also didn't get the need to add sexuality to the female Doctor's story.

Oh, and Spare Parts was great. I think that was in a previous HB, though. Really great story that should have been made into a special for the TV show.
I don't remember much about Spare Parts, but it was ostensibly the "inspiration" for the Rise of the Cybermen/The Age of Steel story arc in Series 2 of New Who. What I do remember about Spare Parts doesn't really seem to have much in common with those episodes. . . .

Humble Weekly - Eye Candy 4

$1

• Dyscourse (Steam + DRM-free) cards
  • Lumino City (Steam)
  • Plug & Play (Steam + DRM-free + Android)
BTA

• Read Only Memories (Steam + DRM-free) cards
  • Apotheon (Steam + DRM-free) cards
  • The Next Penelope (Steam + DRM-free)
$10

• D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die - Season One - Humble Deluxe Edition (Steam + DRM-free) cards

Humble Weekly - Eye Candy 4

$1

• Dyscourse (Steam + DRM-free) cards
  • Lumino City (Steam)
  • Plug & Play (Steam + DRM-free + Android)
BTA

• Read Only Memories (Steam + DRM-free) cards
  • Apotheon (Steam + DRM-free) cards
  • The Next Penelope (Steam + DRM-free)
$10

• D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die - Season One - Humble Deluxe Edition (Steam + DRM-free) cards
If only D4 was in the BTA Tier...

The Next Penelope and Dyscourse look kinda cool to me. Not worth the current $4.72 average though.

bread's done
Back