Humble Bundle Thread

http://blog.humblebundle.com/post/136621175511/humble-monthly-early-unlocks

Humble Monthly Early Unlocks
When we first launched Humble Monthly, we offered games that could be instantly unlocked with new subscriptions. We introduced the offer with Legend of Grimrock II, then it was TowerFall Ascension, and most recently it was Payday 2.

The original idea was that, after the first bundle launched, we’d give a game from the previous month’s bundle to all new subscribers, meaning those new subscribers would have a game to play while waiting for their first bundle.

However, once we got that rolling, we realized it was more confusing in practice than it was in concept, so we’re changing it up a bit.

Enter: Early Unlock.

Starting now, everybody who pays for next month’s bundle immediately receives a game from the upcoming bundle early.

In this case, that game is Alien: Isolation. Early Unlocks apply to everybody who pays for the new bundle, whether it’s a new subscriber, a returning subscriber who had previously unsubscribed, or a current subscriber paying for their next month’s bundle. If you’re already a subscriber and want to get the game right away, you have the option to pay early for your next bundle and get the Early Unlock game immediately when you pay.

With Early Unlock, everybody can have a peek at the next bundle! For more info, take a look at the Humble Monthly tab on our site.

Aka. last effort to keep some subscribers.
I tend to think you are wrong on that. It just makes more sense than what they were previously doing. Everyone wanted a glimpse into the next bundle. Also, rewarding people for constantly making new humble accounts to leech more keys made no damn sense whatsoever. The next step, if they really want people to stay subbed constantly, is to make rewards for keeping that sub going continuously. Not sure if they will go that far though.

too_much_salt_360.jpg

Thanks for that. I had to keep F5ing because they fooled me with the Rifftrax weekly. I checked the weekly page Thursday at around 1:20 and no bundle was posted. Then I checked my email around 10:30 at night and I have an email from Humble about the new frickin' weekly! That would have been one I would have BTA'd but it turned out to be a pretty weird bundle for me. I had bought about a month earlier one of the shorts in the PWYW tier, I watched Demon Bat when it was on National Geographic a few years ago, I just watched the Sharknado Live! show on Amazon Prime, and I've owned the Birdemic riff and the actual Plan 9 DVD for several years. Manos is available on Hulu, which we just subscribed to. With the BTA hovering around $11 and the third tier price set at $12, it's just a bit too rich for my blood, given that I'd basically be third-tiering just for Super Mario Brothers. If it had been The Wizard, I'd seriously consider it, but . . . .

Humble has another shitty book bundle.  This time Lonely Planet travel books.  My wife will love it so I will probably gift her the $15 tier, but that doesn't change the fact this is is a shitty bundle.  

Humble has another shitty book bundle. This time Lonely Planet travel books. My wife will love it so I will probably gift her the $15 tier, but that doesn't change the fact this is is a shitty bundle.
Actually looks like quite a good bundle, which is pretty typical. Humble has been consistent in putting out book bundles that are better (for what they are) than their game bundles.

The only thing this encore adds over the original is beta access to The Division.  It lacks the second week games.  Strictly worse, I'd say.

Last edited by a moderator:
Humble Weekly - Tom Clancy Encore

$1

• Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six®
    YoO6MS0.png
  • Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six® 3 Gold (Raven Shield / Athena Sword)
    YoO6MS0.png
  • Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six® Vegas
    YoO6MS0.png
  • Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Chaos Theory®
    YoO6MS0.png
  • Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon®
    YoO6MS0.png
BTA

• Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six® Vegas 2
    YoO6MS0.png
  • Tom Clancy's The Division Beta
    YoO6MS0.png
  • Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Conviction™ Deluxe Edition
    YoO6MS0.png
  • Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell®
    YoO6MS0.png
$10

• Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell® Blacklist™
    YoO6MS0.png
  • Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Future Soldier™
    YoO6MS0.png
$75

• Tom Clancy's The Division Pre-Order
    YoO6MS0.png
  • Exclusive Tom Clancy's The Division T-shirt
  • 66% off up to any three Ubisoft titles in the Humble Store coupon (excludes pre-orders, Rainbow 6 Siege, Assassin's Creed Syndicate, and Anno 2205)

A Tom Clancy encore would have been alright had they gone with Steam keys this time around >_>

tom Clancy's Splinter Cell® Blacklist is the only game i want from that bundle. LOL

i guess i will wait for the $1 tier in a future bundle

How many of those 2200 sold so far thought they were getting Steam keys? :nottalking:

What this bundle really is, is a way for Ubisoft to sweeten the deal for pre-orders of The Division... and get them on Uplay instead of Steam.

Chaos Theory at the $1 and original at the BTA? Shouldn't that be backwards?

Also Operation Supply Drop is squirrely at best. Would not donate to them.

I would had been more lightly to purchase this bundle if was the AC games up to most the new games.

I've been meaning to play them after beating the first game 3 years back.

bread's done
Back