Humble Bundle Thread

Was the Clickteam Fusion bundle really tanking or something? Since they added Developer and the Android modules.
I was reading their Steam discussions yesterday and there were people saying that they wouldn't buy the bundle because it didn't include the Android module. Also someone saying they didn't think the value was as good as the Game Maker bundle without the developer upgrade. People were also complaining about not receiving their discount coupons for the upgrade. This topic says it was due to "large demand" that they added the two.

Sooo, Humble Capcom Discounts expire in 3 days, and as far as I know nor SF5 or Megaman has been on sale, so those coupons are useless. Crap.

You aren't missing much on SFV unless you're playing locally or a huge fanboy of the series

Through you should redeem the Megaman coupon that seems solid

I've got about 5 hours w/ Grim Dawn and I'm really digging it, so far. It's my new ARPG addiction.

Feels like a cross b/t these ARPG's:

Titan Quest - i.e. you will (at some point) be able to pick 2 classes to learn from;

Diablo games - i.e. the setting & story is just really dark + gritty;

and Torchlight series - i.e. if you go decide to go this route, you can also use flint-lock type of guns + cannons.

EDIT:

I have for classes a Soldier + Demolition-ist (at level 10, you may pick a 2nd class) - which makes me a Commando. For two weapon sets, which you can switch b/t on the fly - I have a Soldier set-up for set 1 when I'm close to enemies (i.e. some kind of melee weapon + shield) & set 2 is a ranged set-up (with guns - so I shoot enemies if I see them in the distance.

The game and its combat is a blast.
eh.. how did you get Grim Dawn?

I thought you only play game that ppl gifted to you (like Rocket League) :D/

eh.. how did you get Grim Dawn?
Cesspool:

https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/327125-steamorigindesura-etc-buyselltrade-thread-read-the-op-one-post-every-three-days/page-1

I thought you only play game that ppl gifted to you (like Rocket League) :D/
I mostly seem to play the games that I actually pay for - especially ones I really spent more $ than I usually do on (i.e. I break the 75% off or better rule - i.e. Doom 2016 for $20; GTA5 for $20; etc) and/or ones that I really want to play (i.e. Grim Dawn).

I still haven't touched Rocket League, The Division, Wasteland 2 & Dark Souls 2 - probably among numerous others that were given to me, too.

Oh; I have also not played too much of Witcher 3, either.

Last edited by a moderator:
Protip: Don't sit on Humble gift links for long. People have designed some kind of script that finds unused gift links. Seems to be widespread, can find reports on SG and Reddit.

I doubt the accounts are being hijacked or anything. I've seen people report having 2 step verification on and their links still get stolen. Keys also don't seem to be affected, only gift links are.
So the issue is only if you generated a gift link then? Not if you just leave the game in your account without creating gift link or generating key?

Gorzul from chat is one of the people who created a topic on SG about having their links stolen. He confirmed with Humble support that his account was hacked, so it's most likely people's accounts being hacked.

1:37 PM - Lord Gorzul: my email didnt

1:37 PM - Lord Gorzul: but my humble account has been
1:37 PM - Blade: that sucks :(
1:37 PM - Lord Gorzul: support confirmed it
1:37 PM - Lord Gorzul: base don all the feedbacks on my thread and others it seems to be happening a lot lately
1:38 PM - Lord Gorzul: they asked for some info and they said they would work on getting them all back, that is, revoking the stolen ones and replacing them
1:39 PM - T1BillionX: good
1:40 PM - Lord Gorzul: yeah I sure hpoe so. another guy made a similar thread a few days ago, he too had over 100 links, and apparently he got them all back, so wishing for the best
Of course, I asked joki for the script regardless. ;)

Gorzul from chat is one of the people who created a topic on SG about having their links stolen. He confirmed with Humble support that his account was hacked, so it's most likely people's accounts being hacked.

Of course, I asked joki for the script regardless. ;)
If it were simply people getting hacked, keys and ungenerated games would be affected too. There's probably more to it than that.

If anyone wants to test my Divekick and Retro City Rampage DX gift links, just quote this post with which you want to try out. Make sure you put the key into Steam just to be thorough. And fire it up to make sure the cards are dropping like normal.

You have to give it back if it works though.

I have only one gift link I can't account for--gift link generated, link used by someone that isn't me, no record of a trade/sale/gift.  I think I gave Killing Floor to someone some time back, possibly for a group play event, but I just can't recall.  Other links seem fine.

Welp, about 2 dozen gift links gone.  That'll teach me to be lazy.*

*that won't actually teach me anything, because i'm lazy.

I can confirm some of my gift links are gone. Mostly older stuff. Too bad since I was going to give away some.

Two are still working and i'm giving them away.

Didn't lose much honestly but I wanted to at least give them to CAGs.

Quote if you want one:

Van Helsing Final Cut (lucky whoever gets this)

Divekick

I only have two unredeemed gift URLs - both for games Humble gave for free (Warlock: Master of the Arcane and Receiver). Both are still unused.

I found another discussion on SG where the person says they had 100 gift links stolen. Humble support revoked them and also confirmed all were claimed by the same e-mail address. If any of you have been affected you really should e-mail Humble support with a list of the games and gift URLs.

Thankfully I keep any unused keys 'packed' and only create the gift URL when the time comes. This is pretty concerning, though - is it some kind of Humble database security flaw or specific to user accounts being compromised? If unused keys haven't been lost then it becomes more confusing - too bad you can't actually check if keys are used or not on Steam (they really need to add this feature, like a confirmation step before you actually redeem the key to see what it contains first).

I can confirm some of my gift links are gone. Mostly older stuff. Too bad since I was going to give away some.

Two are still working and i'm giving them away.

Didn't lose much honestly but I wanted to at least give them to CAGs.

Quote if you want one:

Van Helsing Final Cut (lucky whoever gets this)

Divekick
I'd love Van Helsing Final Cut if you still have it. Thanks!

I guess I can email Humble. I frankly forgot which were gift keys not redeemed (I have an excel list of unredeemed not gifted gift links....guess i'll use that). Most were from that Artifex Mundi bundle...

I've had that happen 2 or 3 times. Humble always provided replacements but never followed up as to what actually happened. I wonder if they can guess the random parts of a links somehow, I've seen that happen when proper precautions weren't taken. I've also had it happen where gifts sent through cag came up as redeemed, but I think that might've been cag messing up the links, because we tried it outside of cag and the link worked fine. Idk. I enabled two step verification anyhow.

You guys should definitely get your links replaced by humble, they obviously know it happens.

If it were simply people getting hacked, keys and ungenerated games would be affected too. There's probably more to it than that.
Maybe hacker didn't account for unused keys?

16 characters long with 26 + 26 + 10 characters used in codes

that's 47 672 401 706 823 533 450 263 330 816 possibilities

for comparison there's only 37 778 931 862 957 161 709 568 steam keys.

so each guessed humble link is equal to 1 300 000 guessed Steam keys.

So it's very unlikely and there isn't any obvious patterns. (Steam keys do have some visible patterns and still hasn't been brute forced)

I do wish Humble would put said email used keys so I can differentiate which ones I actually gifted and were used and which weren't. Glad I don't have a lot of gift links, but for some reason I gift linked a lot of the humble weekly japan bundle and one of the monthlies. Think those I'll request back. What a pain for sure though.

Maybe hacker didn't account for unused keys?

16 characters long with 26 + 26 + 10 characters used in codes

that's 47 672 401 706 823 533 450 263 330 816 possibilities

for comparison there's only 37 778 931 862 957 161 709 568 steam keys.

so each guessed humble link is equal to 1 300 000 guessed Steam keys.

So it's very unlikely and there isn't any obvious patterns. (Steam keys do have some visible patterns and still hasn't been brute forced)
I'm not saying they "guessed" the links. It's more likely they figured out the algorithm somehow. Someone posted this on SG, dunno if it has anything to do with it:

https://www.steamgifts.com/go/comment/VKOVe7v

I don't see how someone can be "hacked" if they're using two step verification though.. you'd need access to their phone, unless there's someway to bypass that.

humble bundle embeds links that bypass two factor.

That's for generating gift links, which attacker did not do as those keys we're safe.

Yes, it's possible that humble's algorithm is predictable, but at least links seem pretty random.

Well I lost 2 games to this method....2 artifex mundi bundle games. The older gift copies shown were claimed a while ago. Not bad but i'm giving away my last gift games so I don't let some random people get the games later. Quote if you want any of these.

Divekick

Nuclear Dawn

Game of Thrones

I mistakenly thought you had written Nuclear Throne and got all hyped up. But thanks for the giveaways. I didn't convert any unredeemed items into gift links, so I'm good. 

Two coupons for anyone who is interested, please post here once they are used:

45% off Street Fighter V PS Store Coupon

P6647RP4AD

50% off Mega Man Legacy Collection PS Store Coupon

Q6CH3CGB97

Expires October 1st, 2016 at 7:00am Pacific

No, really. Did I give a copy of Killing Floor to one of you degenerates or do I need to hit up Humble support?
xzMmoI8.png

Chaps, how much is Homefront: The Revolution on the US Humble Store?

It's showing as £17.99 over here, and I get the 10% monthly subscriber discount but I wouldn't be surprised if it worked out cheaper overseas.

:grouphug:

Edit: it's actually about 60p more expensive, thanks to Inmate for checking for me. Those 60 penny savings really add up over time, they'd get me at least three goes on Fox's mom.

Edit2: Just bought it because I have no willpower, and it actually redeemed as "Homefront - The Revolution EU" so it looks like it's Euro-locked. Phew, that could've been a nasty surprise, just like the morning after that evening with...

Is the Freedom Fighter edition worth it? It's only an extra £4 so I figure if I'm going to go ahead, I may as well go balls deep.

Just like with your mum.

Is the Freedom Fighter edition worth it? It's only an extra £4 so I figure if I'm going to go ahead, I may as well go balls deep.

Just like with your mum.
It looks like you already bought it, but I say given the price difference Freedom Fighter is the only way to go since the stand alone SP is so expensive and doesn't go on sale.

I played the first DLC last night and liked it. It was short, but action packed.

Really hope this is the last month for me. Maybe it's impressing the rest of you, but the last 2-3 have not been great IMHO. The feature games have been good though.

They are never great, just good enough to keep you subscribing. That being said I think they have been pretty good, August being the weakest but September's was almost great for me.

bread's done
Back