Humble Bundle Thread

Even the $1 tier looks meh to me. I may end up buying it for the +1s but there's no chance in hell I'd ever play these games. You could offer me $20 to play them and I'd probably turn you down.
yea, but we will watch the soul sucking, mind-numbing Tremor vids for peanut

You are right though.. tier 1 is pretty much junk

Odd unlock for November is Elder Scrolls Online + some DLC and Quake Champions. 

October Monthly:

Furi

Orwell

Wargame Red Dragon

Scanner Sombre

Seasons after Fall

The Shrouded Isle

Own Furi and Orwell. Furi is hard as nails and is a "bossfight" game. Its not bad, but I got burnt out with it. Got Orwell as a last minute addon during some sale and never played it. Dunno enough about the other games but Seasons After Fall and Shrouded Isle are wishlisted. Scanner Sombre is something Id like to try. Overall the unlocks are strong IMO.

Disappointed with the November unlock will wait to see resale value before reupping.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's funny to see Quake Champions, which launched on Steam barely two months ago, is already one of the headliners in a Humble Monthly Bundle.

I have heard of exactly zero of the unlocks.  They may be good games but nothing I regret not getting. (edit: Upon looking, I guess I had Seasons after Fall wishlisted)

I would have a hard time putting together more disappointing (while still plausible) November unlock set.

I have heard of exactly zero of the unlocks. They may be good games but nothing I regret not getting.

I would have a hard time putting together more disappointing (while still plausible) November unlock set.
Yeah, these are all super obscure games aside from Furi and maybe Wargame. I've heard of The Shrouded Isle, because I saw someone buy it in my activity feed.. but the color scheme it uses is god awful so I'm not sure if I'll play it.

EDIT: Looks like they added a new color scheme which isn't as terrible as the rest, I have no idea why they thought it'd be a good idea to make the puke yellow/green the default though

Look at what they giveaway for Quake Champions

• Instant Game Access
  • 50 Shards
  • 100 Platinum
  • 2000 Favor
  • Ranger Champion
  • BJ Champion

Thats a hell of a deal if they are including Fox's mom in a humble monthly.

Furi and Seasons after fall look good, and already redeemed ROTTR Everything else looks like something I wouldn't play. Probably gonna sell the rest.

Yeah, these are all super obscure games aside from Furi and maybe Wargame. I've heard of The Shrouded Isle, because I saw someone buy it in my activity feed.. but the color scheme it uses is god awful so I'm not sure if I'll play it.
I had the same thought on the color scheme for The Shrouded Isle. It looks like they added a more usable one though that is more in line with non-puke colors.

EDIT: Looks like they added a new color scheme which isn't as terrible as the rest, I have no idea why they thought it'd be a good idea to make the puke yellow/green the default though
Orwell was a critical darling. The rest of them I can see arguments for in respect to obscurity in some respects, but Scanner Sombre was buzzed about a bit. The Shrouded Isle I read a few articles on prior to wishlisting. Its got an interesting premise. I almost bought it but its short so glad I didnt.

I would say these aren't really super obscure at all, not compared to some titles in previous monthlies. Seasons After Fall I think I saw in my discovery queue.

Scanner Sombre, Orwell, and Seasons After Fall were all in my wishlist, and The Shrouded Isle looks neat to me, so I'm not too upset with the unlocks. 

That being said, next month looks terrible to me. No interest at all in in-game currency for MMO/F2P card/early access FPS. And of course it's immediately after they sucker me into a year subscription with the humble wallet credit. Can you pause a month in a yearly subscription? Or if anyone has done the early unlock for November, is all the Bethesda stuff sellable/tradeable or somehow locked to an account?

I kind of want Quake Champions, but not the version in the Humble Monthly. Apparently the Humble version isn't the Champions Pack..

Zero interest in Elder Scrolls online too, will have to see what the resell value is for this crap before subbing I guess.

Great month of unlocks for me, especially considering I sold off the main game for $8.  Seasons of the Fall had been wishlisted before and Scanner Sombre looked interesting (same devs as Prison Architect, Defcon, Multwinia, Darwinia).  Others look interesting.  Next month though...

I'm almost certainly getting next month because Im typically more enthusiastic about the unlocks, but I do not want ESO at all. 

These are the type of games I just dont have a lot of interest in with all the in game currency bullshit with Quake and MMO bullshit with ESO. If Quake was straight forward without all the shards and favor baloney I'd probably keep it since its something that would be a potential bronight staple if any good.

I imagine resale value could go either way, espc since neither are F2P. Will wait and see.

I do somewhat want to try Quake Champions....and the card game. I'll keep on it, but I thought this months unlocks were pretty good. 4 from the wishlist (Red, Scanner Sombre, Seasons, Orwell)  is a good haul. I'll just keep going onward with this, but yeah multiplayer unlocks are somewhat meh. Hopefully will play them anyway.

I'm almost certainly getting next month because Im typically more enthusiastic about the unlocks, but I do not want ESO at all.

These are the type of games I just dont have a lot of interest in with all the in game currency bullshit with Quake and MMO bullshit with ESO. If Quake was straight forward without all the shards and favor baloney I'd probably keep it since its something that would be a potential bronight staple if any good.

I imagine resale value could go either way, espc since neither are F2P. Will wait and see.
Quake Champions isn't F2P now, but it will be in the future. I think you only gain access to one champion in the F2P version though

I was happy when I saw Quake Champions was in the early unlock, but seeing what you get is pretty pathetic.

I just went back a page on the thread and saw The End is Nigh was added to the Trove. Now I really regret buying it. I didn't really like it at all, but it's cool to see newish games in there. Wonder if we'll start getting other cool games in the Trove.

That silly game they put as the Humble Original this month already has a Steam page

http://store.steampowered.com/app/240720/Getting_Over_It_with_Bennett_Foddy/

Out in December, so hopefully we get it there. It looks like it'd be fun to try but doubt I bother with the DRM-Free version.
This is from the Steam discussions linked from the store page. How long until the screaming hordes get him to rephrase himself/offer keys?:

Yeah, if you want the early access you need to be subscribed to the monthly bundle by the 6th, this Friday (check their countdown). I'm not doing Steam Keys for the Humble subscribers, at least not before the Steam release - for one thing, the Steam build isn't ready. If it matters to you to have it on Steam, just wait until December 6th.

This is from the Steam discussions linked from the store page. How long until the screaming hordes get him to rephrase himself/offer keys?:

Yeah, if you want the early access you need to be subscribed to the monthly bundle by the 6th, this Friday (check their countdown). I'm not doing Steam Keys for the Humble subscribers, at least not before the Steam release - for one thing, the Steam build isn't ready. If it matters to you to have it on Steam, just wait until December 6th.
Yea I saw that. I was tempted to ask myself but figure someone else will do it :D its not made clear if Steam keys will be provided after that date or not. It reads like they will happen after release.

Bonuses are too deep for me... stark lesson for me to keep on top of cancellation.  Next month's leads aren't all that great.  You can get TESO base+Morrowind for $15.30 now from Amazon.

Hoooooooooo boy.  When you stop reading the game description after a few words: "Inspired by Gone Home and Dear Esther..."

Meh, really bad unlocks for me. I have Furi thanks to PS+ (it's not my cup of tea anyway), and I"m not an RTS fan. I'll keep Orwell and Seasons after Fall, but this is easily the worst monthly for me in a long time. The early unlocks for next month are disappointing, TESO is somewhat interesting in that I always wanted to try it but never wanted to actually buy it. Might keep it depending on its trade value.

Can anyone recommend ESO for the $12? I'm not a huge Elder Scrolls fan and never actually sat down long enough to complete the games.

I do enjoy the combat for what it is worth.

Never played but, like I said, you can get TES+ Morrowind expansion for $15 now on Amazon.  I guess you have to gamble whether the $3 is worth Morrowind instead of four or five random crappy bonus games.

I'd say just go play actual Skyrim or Morrowind instead.

Hoooooooooo boy. When you stop reading the game description after a few words: "Inspired by Gone Home and Dear Esther..."
Yeah, I figured that would sell Mooby about instantly. I assume you've already installed and are playing it as we speak?

I'd say just go play actual Skyrim or Morrowind instead.
When I played the ESO beta, my impression was "Imagine you're playing Skyrim except, while you're exploring some lost barrow-cave, there's a random jackass next to you bunny-hopping off the walls and spamming Fire Bolts."

Changing the subject, does anyone know what is included in the RPG Maker DLC packs in the current software bundle?  Specifically in comparison to what was included in some prior Humble Bundles that had RPG Maker packs?

Is there a thread on Reddit or Steamtrades somewhere that has a listing?

Well, I am happy with the unlocks. 3 wishlisted games (fury, orwell, seasons) and Wargame looks interesting. Probably gonna have to see if I can pause this for a month though because these "headliners" are terrible. F2P FPS crap, Wannabe MTG F2P crap, and a MMO that doesn't include the latest expansion. 

Well, it looks like there is at least some demand for these crap headliners so maybe I will try to sell them instead.

EDIT: sold quake and eso for $8 so I will gamble $3 on unlocks.

I wasn't aware isthereanydeal broke the packs down like that, thanks.

Though this one https://isthereanydeal.com/specials/#/filter:id/2209 had the packs as non-steam and it's a pain to try to figure out what is in what pack.

edit: Actually that one I linked was a mix of assets for various engines, not just RPG Maker. There was a weekly with RPG Maker DLC in 2014 and it looks like that the new bundle doesn't have any DLC that was in the 2014 bundle.

When I played the ESO beta, my impression was "Imagine you're playing Skyrim except, while you're exploring some lost barrow-cave, there's a random jackass next to you bunny-hopping off the walls and spamming Fire Bolts."
fwiw, I kinda want to roleplay as a bunny hopping jackass who spams fire bolts.

Bronight anybody?

yes, they're steam keys
ESO is alright. I have probably played about 20 or so hours of it. I am guessing that when activating on Steam it will give you a key that you will have to enter into the client. If so, someone (I must like this someone) can have that key if I get this bundle (which I most likely will since I am too lazy to stop subscribing).

That is to say I would like the game in my Steam library, but I already have an account, so I don't need the key to activate an account.

Yes, I fell for the sign up for a yearly sub.  While I think this month was good/ok as I wanted Rise of Tomb Raider and Seasons (already had Orwell).  I agree with Pengy99 and others about the featured games for next month - not my cup of tea.  I am probably going to pause sub for a month and buy the unlocks if any interest me.  Mooby if State of Decay: YOSE edition is an unlock for next month, I will buy it for you as you have been very patient.

Yes, I fell for the sign up for a yearly sub. While I think this month was good/ok as I wanted Rise of Tomb Raider and Seasons (already had Orwell). I agree with Pengy99 and others about the featured games for next month - not my cup of tea. I am probably going to pause sub for a month and buy the unlocks if any interest me. Mooby if State of Decay: YOSE edition is an unlock for next month, I will buy it for you as you have been very patient.
No need for that but I appreciate the offer! I'm sure I can pick up a copy cheap myself on the trade thread. I'm just stubborn because I bought the original edition and they basically charged full price with a paltry discount for the new one. I'm sure as SoD2 gets closer to release they'll go with 75% off YOSE.

I guess the unlocks were fine, but only one of those was on my wishlist. In other words, quite a few of them just didn't appeal to my gaming tastes. However, I do keep asking myself if I would have paid $12 for Tomb Raider and one other game I wanted and I'm not sure I would. Maybe I'll feel better about it after I raid some tombs.

Next month presents a real conundrum. On one hand, those are the shittiest features to date. It looks like the kind of stuff they used to stick on CDs and put inside gaming magazines for free. Cosmetics, F2P, 15 day trials... But does that mean the good stuff is going to be in the unlocks? 

bread's done
Back