Humble Bundle Thread

It'll be six Chuck Tingle books.

EDIT: Also, might as well go on the record with predicting Planet Coaster for the March early unlock. Recently started hitting 75% off, devs starting to churn out DLC packs, and it's randomly been on sale for the last week. A sale that ends right when the new early unlock gets revealed.
idk.. owl boy seemed like a good 2nd reveal already. I have serious doubt about the quality of the rest of the bundle since Civ Vi took up the chunk of the bundle value.

i will go on a ledge and make the bold prediction that the unlocks today will be of either good, average, or poor quality. You heard it here first

It'll be six Chuck Tingle books.

EDIT: Also, might as well go on the record with predicting Planet Coaster for the March early unlock. Recently started hitting 75% off, devs starting to churn out DLC packs, and it's randomly been on sale for the last week. A sale that ends right when the new early unlock gets revealed.
PC was the same price right before the January reveals too on steam.

So do approximately 15,000,000 books not in this bundle. Which goes again to the question of "Did someone at Humble seek these out or did someone else offer them to Humble when asked what was available for bundling?"
While I'm not in the habit of picking pointless internet fights, this is one of the more remarkably information-free responses I've seen in some time.
If it's surprising to you that the internet/sci-fi/nerdy/stale-meme-obsessed Humble was interested in literally any particular Hugo shortlisted author, let alone one whose Hugo candidacy had as much internet involvement as this one's, then I really feel for you: life must be a constant flood of confusion.

Of all the books in this bundle, Chuck Tingle's are literally the least surprising as they are the most memey and they are the ones that best fit the theme of the bundle. Yet they are the only ones several people on this board are somehow confounded about being in the bundle.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dark Souls III. fuck yes. Skipping the Winter Sale deal pays off.

Tacoma and Snake Pass are solid unlocks. All the unlocks look pretty good, actually.

Snake Pass being an unlock made the bundle for me.  

Total Bundle

Life is Strange

Tacoma

Civ 6

Owlboy

Black: The Fall

Snake Pass

The Norwood Suite

Fortune 499

I'm pretty shocked how good the unlocks are, honestly.  Was interested in Snake Pass and Tacoma.  Don't know if I can give away Life is Strange at this point, but I'll at least try the other games.  Happy with this.

Zero interest in Dark Souls, though.

Steam is definitely outdoing the console space with sales. that tomb raider title was pretty amazing when it released back in the day!

I'm happy with Tacoma for sure, been wanting to try that and luckily held off. Played Life is Strange on Xbox but that's good as well. And Snake Pass....

Considering the early unlocks, I'm super happy with this.

Wow. This is one of the best monthlies I can remember. I didn't want Civ 6 and already have Life is Strange, but still, great bundle. 

Also...I didn't expect DS3 to be bundled this quickly. Sucks they didn't include the Ringed City dlc. Have the game on PS4 so will sell it off, but even w/out the last dlc it's a pretty good early unlock.

I already owned Civ 6, Civ 6 Australia DLC, Owlboy, and Life is Strange but still happy with the unlocks. Snake Pass, Black the Fall, and Tacoma all games I’ve wanted.

Wow what a great month. Hope Humble keeps this up. 

I've been waiting for a cheap Dark Souls III complete edition on PC (already have them on PS4 so no rush). Unfortunately without Ringed City, I think I'll just have to wait, DLC rarely goes on sale and $12+$15=$27 doesn't really seem like the final lowest price a complete DSIII should be available for. 

Gotta admit I really like those freebie Feb unlocks. Tacoma looked interesting and I think I had Snake Pass wishlisted. Hopefully March unlocks are decent since I sold DS3 + DLC. Just not a big fan of DS I guess. 

Glad I held off on Tacoma and Life is Strange. Black looks like something I might enjoy. The Norwood thing looks like a '90s throwback game. I'm not sure what the fuss is about Snake Pass; as much as I love snakes, I think I would hate this game.

Dark Souls III feels meh. I don't know if or when I'll get around to playing the first one, so I don't have much interest in March's bundle at this point.

Poor regions that get Civilization Beyond Earth instead of Dark Souls 3 + DLC.

Wow what a great month. Hope Humble keeps this up.

I've been waiting for a cheap Dark Souls III complete edition on PC (already have them on PS4 so no rush). Unfortunately without Ringed City, I think I'll just have to wait, DLC rarely goes on sale and $12+$15=$27 doesn't really seem like the final lowest price a complete DSIII should be available for.
I think DS 3 complete was like $23 at couple of sites week back or so. But you won't get 6 other games or so.

Wow, I just read about Tom Brady making his little boy kiss him on the lips and then telling him it wasn't good enough so he had to come back and give him a better, longer kiss on the lips.  That's just gross.  But I will say, if Humble made me do that to get these monthly unlocks, I'd be alright with it.  

Poor regions that get Civilization Beyond Earth instead of Dark Souls 3 + DLC.

I think DS 3 complete was like $23 at couple of sites week back or so. But you won't get 6 other games or so.
I'd take Beyond Earth over DS3. I don't own any dlc so I suppose that is semi worth it, except I don't really like DS3. As for this month's unlocks, nothing that really interests me besides Tacoma maybe.

I'd take Beyond Earth over DS3. I don't own any dlc so I suppose that is semi worth it, except I don't really like DS3. As for this month's unlocks, nothing that really interests me besides Tacoma maybe.
I would rather Beyond Earth and DkS3 + DLC in there altogether. ;)

Regardless, this monthly is tempting...even though I probably won't start DkS3 until 2030.

Been interested in The Norwood Suite, Black, and Snake Pass. Already have LiS, Owlboy, and Tacoma. 

LiS and Owlboy are great. Tacoma is okay I guess, definitely not as good as Gone Home.

Well, I bought the Monthly for a friend, and then got a nice surprise with Owlboy.

Life is Strange and Tacoma make me wish I could strike this bundle from my records, but to be honest Norwood Suite seems right up my alley. I already have Snake Pass on the Switch.

Definitely in for next month's though, despite not liking the back half of DS3. I've heard the DLC's story is much better and really should have been the end to begin with.

Uhm... thanks IGN??? Really though this was a great month and to follow it with Dark Souls III as the early for March is a solid move. Tacoma was on my would like to play list and about bought it during the Steam sale. I do kind of wish I had the chance to get Civ Beyond Earth vs. DS3 but gift horse and all of that. 

Hmmm, was that physical or something? The cheapest IsThereAnyDeal lists for the Deluxe was $29.99.

Scholar of the First Sin has gone under $10, so I was hoping eventually to snag DS 3 Deluxe for, you know, at least as cheap as under $20 eventually (like I said, it's a re-buy so no rush here). But since they never released a Fire Fades edition on PC you get weird deals like this one that's missing one of the DLC packs. Complete editions and Season Passes sometimes go on sale but missing one DLC pack is the worst.

Hmmm, was that physical or something? The cheapest IsThereAnyDeal lists for the Deluxe was $29.99.

Scholar of the First Sin has gone under $10, so I was hoping eventually to snag DS 3 Deluxe for, you know, at least as cheap as under $20 eventually (like I said, it's a re-buy so no rush here). But since they never released a Fire Fades edition on PC you get weird deals like this one that's missing one of the DLC packs. Complete editions and Season Passes sometimes go on sale but missing one DLC pack is the worst.
The Bandai Namco Store isn't tracked on ITAD but they had it for $25-ish in December.

And yeah, it does seem like it could be a problem getting The Ringed City for cheap in the future. Been out for 10 months and has yet to see a discount. They didn't even discount the season pass during the Winter Sale. But the way I see it, if you assume the early unlock is worth roughly half the value of the bundle, this is the base game + some DLC for ~$6. That's still a fantastic bargain.

The Bandai Namco Store isn't tracked on ITAD but they had it for $25-ish in December.

And yeah, it does seem like it could be a problem getting The Ringed City for cheap in the future. Been out for 10 months and has yet to see a discount. They didn't even discount the season pass during the Winter Sale. But the way I see it, if you assume the early unlock is worth roughly half the value of the bundle, this is the base game + some DLC for ~$6. That's still a fantastic bargain.
Yeah, I got my Dark Souls III Deluxe Edition for around $25 around Cyber Monday on Bandai Namco's site. Funny thing is I never actually played the DLCs (once I finished the main game I didn't feel like doing the DLCs). Maybe on a subsequent playthrough, when I'm finishing up the achievements I missed, I'll take a run through the DLC.

Shameless begging in 3, 2. . .

If anyone doesn't want their keys for the less valuable stuff in this bundle, you should totally send them my way, because I, like, am really good at annoying people in a forum to try and get free stuff.  Also, I will literally be your friend if you want.  Who doesn't want to be friends with people who beg for free crap?

Every game in this monthly was on my wishlist, aside from Life is Strange, but that's only because I own it already.
Quick! Someone sale them their DS3 copy cheap!

Great bundle here... I think most were on my wishlist and I don't own Life is Strange. (Wasn't sure if it was for me based upon some of the talk here.)

Shameless begging in 3, 2. . .

If anyone doesn't want their keys for the less valuable stuff in this bundle, you should totally send them my way, because I, like, am really good at annoying people in a forum to try and get free stuff. Also, I will literally be your friend if you want. Who doesn't want to be friends with people who beg for free crap?
Instead of begging for crap, couldn't you just lick your own asshole? I'm sure there's plenty of crap in there.

These best of bundles are weird.  I know it's actually from bundles available during the year and not game release date, but Goat Simulator as a best from last year?  Really?

The only thing I'm interested in and don't have is Dead by Daylight, so easy pass.

Humble Best of 2017 Bundle:

PWYW:

Five Nights at Freddy's: Sister Location

Goat Simulator

Hacknet

BTA:

Verdun

Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion

Death Road of Calendar

Turmoil

$10:

Dead by Daylight