Humble Bundle Thread

Wow, a bundle literally comprised of repeats from the past few months. Goat Simulator vanilla is fun for all of an hour, slightly more if you play with friends. FNAF doesn't deserve to be in any bundles. Everyone 13 or older in 2017 either bought or traded for the rest of these when they were bundled before.

Last edited by a moderator:
ITAD lists the historical low on Dead By Daylight at $10. If the equation $10 - $2 humble wallet credit = $8 is valid to you, then at least this easily beats the historic low on Dead By Daylight.

I'm not sure what a Death Road to Canada key is valued at, but I haven't seen them floating around much and it's a great game, so this bundle might not be as completely terrible as it looks. Definitely a disappointment though that it's not better after waiting so long for the lame Paradox bundle to expire.

Humble is clearly in decline. Gotta wonder how much longer they're gonna be around.
lmao, last week: "OMG the unlocks for February are amazing! OMG Dark Souls III + Ashes for $12?? And more unlocks to come?! Humble striking it out of the park!!"

this week: "sometimes the more minor of the several bundles they put up each week aren't quite as good as the major ones? THEY'RE ON THE WAY OUT BOYS!!"

lmao, last week: "OMG the unlocks for February are amazing! OMG Dark Souls III + Ashes for $12?? And more unlocks to come?! Humble striking it out of the park!!"

this week: "sometimes the more minor of the several bundles they put up each week aren't quite as good as the major ones? THEY'RE ON THE WAY OUT BOYS!!"
The regular bundles have been in decline since the monthly started imo. Probably since before that but it has been noticeable since the monthly.

At minimum it is a very interesting use of the word "Best". Individually these are not bad games but seeing as none of them actually released in 2017 and the 2017 bundles they came from had better offerings I fail to see how this is the best of anything. Maybe best of holiday leftovers?

At minimum it is a very interesting use of the word "Best". Individually these are not bad games but seeing as none of them actually released in 2017 and the 2017 bundles they came from had better offerings I fail to see how this is the best of anything. Maybe best of holiday leftovers?
Best of the crap they could convince the publishers to rebundle bundle imo.

stupid question, if i get the $10 tier whilst a monthly subscriber, then immediately pause/cancel, do i keep the $2 credit or is it made forfeit? any help is appreciated.

stupid question, if i get the $10 tier whilst a monthly subscriber, then immediately pause/cancel, do i keep the $2 credit or is it made forfeit? any help is appreciated.
It is just an immediate $2 credit to your wallet so I would assume you keep it.

EDIT: Also, fwiw DBD is a lot of fun with friends if you don't already have it. Wouldn't recommend it solo. Lots of dlc characters and outfits but you could easily not buy that stuff.

People are acting like this bundle is complete garbage, and it probably is if you already have the games. Fortunately, I didn't have any of them so I went for the BTA. Worth it for a few more time wasters.

People are acting like this bundle is complete garbage, and it probably is if you already have the games. Fortunately, I didn't have any of them so I went for the BTA. Worth it for a few more time wasters.
Yeah you're in the target audience of people who don't buy bundles, even though you've been around for a while and post about them...

Yeah you're in the target audience of people who don't buy bundles, even though you've been around for a while and post about them...
For a while after I first acquired my gaming PC, I bought every (weekly) Humble Bundle that came out. Then, I stopped when they started offering games that either didn't interest me or included a majority of games that I already had. So, I can be discerning and say no. For instance, I passed on the Rockstar bundle after I read about the numerous compatibility issues that some of those games have on PC.

Blade's not wrong though.  Obviously the target audience isn't people who regularly buy bundles because those people own all this stuff.  Of course, those are also the people bothering to look at Humble's website on a Tuesday afternoon.

i bought it because i just got my first gaming computer and play DBD on Xbox daily so I wanted to try it on pc and $10 for a bunch of games I didnt own and one i wanted isnt bad

Blade's not wrong though. Obviously the target audience isn't people who regularly buy bundles because those people own all this stuff. Of course, those are also the people bothering to look at Humble's website on a Tuesday afternoon.
Not solely those people.

People that bought bundles over the past year but skipped some or went with a lower tier on some are also a target. For example, I'm missing one title from the first tier, three from the second, and the DBD. I bought some or all of the bundles containing these games, but skipped BTA and top tiers that I deemed too pricey or too full of repeats.

Not sure I'll do more than $1 on this one, though, and that only because my son will get that copy of Goat Simulator as a gift at some point down the line.

Okay, let's settle this.

Technically, paying $10 for these games is not a "bad deal."  I paid $10 for some of these games individually and was happy with my purchase.

Technically, Humble making rehash bundles isn't an awful thing assuming they are sort of geared towards trying to lure in new people.

BUT

That means these type of bundles are technically BAD for those regular customers who like bought something over the past year.

Also, they only handled the $1 tier correctly.  $1 tier is three games that were previously in the BTA of their respective bundles.  BTA tier should have then been games that were previously in the $10 tier of their bundle.  Therefore, potentially giving incentive for someone who only BTA'd or $1 tier'd to buy the bundle.  They didn't do that.  And they are shady about it.  They say Verdun was in Humble Jumbo 8, which it was as the $10 tier, but then it made an appearance in Humble Jumbo 9 in the BTA, WITH TURMOIL WHICH IS IN THE BTA AGAIN!  SO it's like if you BTA'd Jumbo 9, you got half the games in the current BTA.   Leading to the other issue, this is your best of 2017 but you have two selections from the same bundle...twice.  

So yeah, bad execution, even for the casuals, but great if you don't buy any bundles or just bought your computer yesterday and if you did then you need a bundle like this since you overpaid for the GPU.  

Edit:

For Gilby.

A ringing endorsement :lol:
Didn't say it was. Though I am tempted by the BTA. Just a bit, anyway.

Okay, let's settle this.

Technically, paying $10 for these games is not a "bad deal." I paid $10 for some of these games individually and was happy with my purchase.

Technically, Humble making rehash bundles isn't an awful thing assuming they are sort of geared towards trying to lure in new people.

BUT

That means these type of bundles are technically BAD for those regular customers who like bought something over the past year.

Also, they only handled the $1 tier correctly. $1 tier is three games that were previously in the BTA of their respective bundles. BTA tier should have then been games that were previously in the $10 tier of their bundle. Therefore, potentially giving incentive for someone who only BTA'd or $1 tier'd to buy the bundle. They didn't do that. And they are shady about it. They say Verdun was in Humble Jumbo 8, which it was as the $10 tier, but then it made an appearance in Humble Jumbo 9 in the BTA, WITH TURMOIL WHICH IS IN THE BTA AGAIN! SO it's like if you BTA'd Jumbo 9, you got half the games in the current BTA. Leading to the other issue, this is your best of 2017 but you have two selections from the same bundle...twice.

So yeah, bad execution, even for the casuals, but great if you don't buy any bundles or just bought your computer yesterday and if you did then you need a bundle like this since you overpaid for the GPU.
Turmoil was in the BTA of Jumbo 8, as I bought that. Verdun was in the BTA of jumbo 9, which I skipped completely. Jumbo 9 was a crummy bundle.

Didn't say it was. Though I am tempted by the BTA. Just a bit, anyway.

Turmoil was in the BTA of Jumbo 8, as I bought that. Verdun was in the BTA of jumbo 9, which I skipped completely. Jumbo 9 was a crummy bundle.
I double checked and you are right. I will hang my head in shame as you Gilby'd me.

FYI, there's supposed to be a Geek Girls Humble Bundle book bundle starting in 35min or so.
This is a pretty solid comics bundle, though I feel like a lot of it has been bundled before.

Highlight is probably Moving Pictures in the $1 tier, though there are great books in every tier (Giant Days is a favorite). Does have the somewhat annoying problem of being a bunch of Volume Ones (though some of them are probably the only volume).

Yeah, some good comics in this one, but you can get a lot of Vol. 1s for like $2.99 or with the $5.99 unlimited Comixology sub, so not sure if it's worth it.  Also, girls like to make clothes according to this bundle.  

Humble Learn How To Program "Did I Hurt Your Whore Feelings" Into Your Top Bundle (feat. comics about heroines who don't waste time programming their clothes)

Not solely those people.

People that bought bundles over the past year but skipped some or went with a lower tier on some are also a target. For example, I'm missing one title from the first tier, three from the second, and the DBD. I bought some or all of the bundles containing these games, but skipped BTA and top tiers that I deemed too pricey or too full of repeats.

Not sure I'll do more than $1 on this one, though, and that only because my son will get that copy of Goat Simulator as a gift at some point down the line.
I'm in the same boat as you with missing the same games. Looks like I either skipped some of these bundles or only bought the $1 tier. If I can sell off Verdun I'll probably get the BTA, but I'm still contemplating this logic.

Humble Learn How To Program "Did I Hurt Your Whore Feelings" Into Your Top Bundle (feat. comics about heroines who don't waste time programming their clothes)
barbie2.jpg

I always think it's hilarious when people bash Humble bundles. Yeah, most of their bundles aren't amazing deals, but that would be impossible to pull off. Everything's relative and pretty much every Humble bundle blows away anything that Fanatical, IG, or Groupees puts out as well as any sales Steam or really any other retailer offer.

I only have 1 game from this bundle unless you count owning Goat Sim on my phone since it was free at one point. I would jump on the top tier of this bundle in a second if my friends decided to play DBD, but we played it when it had a free weekend and weren't that impressed. Otherwise, I'll probably skip the bundle since the only thing I really want is Death Road to Canada. The previous low for that game by itself is $9, so this is still a great deal even if I only wanted that, but I've cut back my game buying since I can only play so many games anyway.

I always think it's hilarious when people bash Humble bundles. Yeah, most of their bundles aren't amazing deals, but that would be impossible to pull off. Everything's relative and pretty much every Humble bundle blows away anything that Fanatical, IG, or Groupees puts out as well as any sales Steam or really any other retailer offer.

I only have 1 game from this bundle unless you count owning Goat Sim on my phone since it was free at one point. I would jump on the top tier of this bundle in a second if my friends decided to play DBD, but we played it when it had a free weekend and weren't that impressed. Otherwise, I'll probably skip the bundle since the only thing I really want is Death Road to Canada. The previous low for that game by itself is $9, so this is still a great deal even if I only wanted that, but I've cut back my game buying since I can only play so many games anyway.
I think it's the title most people are complaining about, not the bundle contents. It was an awful choice of title, but par for the course when it comes to the included games.

Goat Simulator is a sandbox ragdoll exploration game where you play as a goat. Two maps, 100 or so "missions" and easter eggs, very mediocre graphics and sound. They really did make it seem like Tony Hawk circa 2004. I found the only legitimate way to have fun with it was to play with friends where you're all of the same "haha what the hell is this" mindset. Gets boring after a while, and this is the vanilla version that's been given away free numerous times on various systems.

And of course it's subjective. It's literally all games bundled last year, making the bundle bad for people who bought those bundles last year, like me. Not all of the games are bad, though FNAF and Goat Sim definitely aren't "Best of 2017" worthy titles. We complain about repeats in other sites, no need to draw the line at Humble just because they're the biggest.

This thread:

"Haha, this is the best of 2017?"

Also this thread:

"You people are wrong about this bundle, it's really quite good!  I mean, I'm sure not buying it but..."

I just want 4 AAA games for $1, is that too much to ask Humble?!
Not too much at all. There have been bundles that might match that description.

And of course it's subjective. It's literally all games bundled last year, making the bundle bad for people who bought those bundles last year, like me. Not all of the games are bad, though FNAF and Goat Sim definitely aren't "Best of 2017" worthy titles. We complain about repeats in other sites, no need to draw the line at Humble just because they're the biggest.
Have you ever considered that you may be buying too many bundles or too many upper tiers of bundles?

Have you ever considered that you may be buying too many bundles or too many upper tiers of bundles?
There's been a few times I've initially gotten in on the BTA, but I don't think I've ever stuck there. The top tier is always "here's the game that's actually worth the $10 by itself, and it costs just $2-$3 more than the BTA to get it".

I suppose ideally you'd get in on some $1 tiers but if there's anything worth it in the $1 tier I usually am interested in something in the BTA ... and so probably in the extra couple bucks for the thing in the top tier ...

Again, I'm sure Syntax Error will point out that stores love me.

There's been a few times I've initially gotten in on the BTA, but I don't think I've ever stuck there. The top tier is always "here's the game that's actually worth the $10 by itself, and it costs just $2-$3 more than the BTA to get it".

I suppose ideally you'd get in on some $1 tiers but if there's anything worth it in the $1 tier I usually am interested in something in the BTA ... and so probably in the extra couple bucks for the thing in the top tier ...

Again, I'm sure Syntax Error will point out that stores love me.
Nah. I can do that.

Stores love you.

I'll sometimes use the reverse reasoning though to stay out of a bundle entirely: "hmm, the BTA seems worth it but if it were really worth the BTA price then certainly it would be worth the extra couple bucks for top tier, but I don't want to spend $10, therefore by the law of contrapositive it must not really be worth it for the BTA."

bread's done
Back