Humble Bundle Thread

So I have no interest in any of these except for the cat one. If anybody wants to get rid of that for a few bucks, let me know. 

Last edited by a moderator:
By the way, do we get separate 18+ versions of Ladykiller, Devil, and Highway Blossoms? Because I don't really have any interest in the Steam versions of those games.

By the way, do we get separate 18+ versions of Ladykiller, Devil, and Highway Blossoms? Because I don't really have any interest in the Steam versions of those games.
Are they actually censored on Steam? Steam isn't actively against sex/nudity anymore

I never knew cute girls doing cute things was an actual angle for a tv show and that it could single handedly salvage an otherwise boring mess. Is this a tv show or a 'tv show'?
It's not really a mess; it's decently written, very well animated, and there's light, inoffensive comedy throughout. It's got solid production values, it's just kinda boring unless you're invested in the cast. I'm not especially.

And I'm realizing I don't really know how to explain CGDCT to non-weebs. Basically it's like... usually it's slice of life light comedy (possibly in unusual settings, like fantasy or scifi), with an extra focus on a mostly female cast full of different "types"--though these types are generally appealing in a cute, rather than sexy, way (though sometimes both). The cast will generally get up to harmless hijinks, there will generally be very slow character and/or relationship development, and there's very rarely any romantic developments. If you're at all familiar with the concept of harem anime, it's very much like if you took one of those and removed the male protagonist and most or all of the perviness.

This is the general shape of CGDCT shows, they obviously don't all match every aspect. LWA, for example, has slightly more plot and is a bit less slice of lifey, as well as having more major hijinks. It's a bit Harry Potterish, too, since it's set in a modern magic school.

A year ago maybe? it's been a while. There are tons of VNs with adult content on steam now.
Wow. I know I haven't been on the Steam scene in a while, but I can't believe I missed that news. Honestly, I'd think you were kidding if I didn't confirm it myself just now. I thought Steam would never quit trying to be the "parent."

Wow. I know I haven't been on the Steam scene in a while, but I can't believe I missed that news. Honestly, I'd think you were kidding if I didn't confirm it myself just now. I thought Steam would never quit trying to be the "parent."
Nah, it's mostly Sony forcing devs to censor games now surprisingly. It's gotten bad enough to the point where Spike Chunsoft is forced to censor their games on PS4 and now we get the censored versions on Steam for some reason. It sucks.

Nah, it's mostly Sony forcing devs to censor games now surprisingly. It's gotten bad enough to the point where Spike Chunsoft is forced to censor their games on PS4 and now we get the censored versions on Steam for some reason. It sucks.
Yep, that I heard about. I vaguely recall Steam standing against Sony's practices and vowing not to do the same. It looks like it turned into a full-blown raunchfest for Steam maybe because of that. Or maybe Steam was already doing that before Sony started being pansies. Well, in any case, I'm so hyped that I can get my nukige on Steam now.

Actually Steam is still highly against adult games in school settings. One of the reasons NekoNyan's latest game wasn't released on Steam...don't ask. Also developers seem to be going back to all ages on Steam with 18+ patches. Steam is just really iffy on what they allow and don't. 

Actually Steam is still highly against adult games in school settings. One of the reasons NekoNyan's latest game wasn't released on Steam...don't ask. Also developers seem to be going back to all ages on Steam with 18+ patches. Steam is just really iffy on what they allow and don't.
Not surprising. Gaijin still don't like the idea of H-stuff in school settings, despite the fact that they're just drawings. It's not just even Westerners either. In H-videos, Japan themselves partially 'bleep' out the term "shougakusei" which means grade school student when one describes themselves just before they get plowed.

Not surprising. Gaijin still don't like the idea of H-stuff in school settings, despite the fact that they're just drawings. It's not just even Westerners either. In H-videos, Japan themselves partially 'bleep' out the term "shougakusei" which means grade school student when one describes themselves just before they get plowed.
6BhKTMb.gif

Not game related but Humble is selling a Transformers comics bundle. I would recommend these comics, and it sounds funny but these are some of the wordiest comics I've owned (mainly read More Than Meets The Eye and Robots In Disguise). Very good quality and I really want to get into Lost Light and finish off both those series so yeah. Just vouching that the comics are pretty good. If the TMNT ones ever get bundled too get them. Likely my favorite of my comics I read nowadays along with Giant Days.

Man... I really want to pause this month. I think all of the reveals so far are flawed, and I've got better games in each genre that I haven't even played yet.

I just can't shake the feeling that if I skip there will be two or three really great games off my wishlist in the reveals.

Damn you Hamble. :oldman:

Man... I really want to pause this month. I think all of the reveals so far are flawed, and I've got better games in each genre that I haven't even played yet.

I just can't shake the feeling that if I skip there will be two or three really great games off my wishlist in the reveals.

Damn you Hamble. :oldman:
3yxQH16.png

The fact that this is like the 20th Transformers comics bundle and we haven't yet had a TMNT bundle makes me sad.
Okay, let's be fair, this is like the fourth or fifth Hamble Transformers bundle, and that's including at least one that had a bunch of other stuff (e.g. GI Joe) in it, too. Source: I'm the sucker who keeps buying this crap even though I don't even read it.

Seriously, send help, I can't stop myself.

Okay, let's be fair, this is like the fourth or fifth Hamble Transformers bundle, and that's including at least one that had a bunch of other stuff (e.g. GI Joe) in it, too. Source: I'm the sucker who keeps buying this crap even though I don't even read it.

Seriously, send help, I can't stop myself.
You're not the only one. I think that the value proposition is so good on these comic book bundles that it's hard to turn them down since (a) it's a franchise that you recognize and probably enjoy such as the Transformers and/or (b) physical comic books are so expensive these days that the digital copies look like a good deal by comparison. But, then it's like anything else - if you don't peruse them at least once, you're wasting your money, even on the $1 tiers. What I've been doing is viewing them on my tablet during lunch breaks at work or while I'm sitting at the laundromat waiting for my clothes to dry. If I have to dedicate any other time to trying to catch up on the comics, it's just ain't happening.

You're not the only one. I think that the value proposition is so good on these comic book bundles that it's hard to turn them down since (a) it's a franchise that you recognize and probably enjoy such as the Transformers and/or (b) physical comic books are so expensive these days that the digital copies look like a good deal by comparison. But, then it's like anything else - if you don't peruse them at least once, you're wasting your money, even on the $1 tiers. What I've been doing is viewing them on my tablet during lunch breaks at work or while I'm sitting at the laundromat waiting for my clothes to dry. If I have to dedicate any other time to trying to catch up on the comics, it's just ain't happening.
I think this is about the time when Fox would jump in, so I'll go ahead and share what the Fox would say:

NERDS!!!!!

Humble Bundle's co-founders have stepped down from their roles at the head of the company, and have been replaced by the former chief product officer of free-to-play games developer Kixeye.
Before Kixeye, he was studio general manager at FarmVille developer Zynga
Welp. Looks like Humble is completely cashing out since the IGN buyout. They clearly see the writing on the wall in regards to quality games agreeing to get bundled.

Welp. Looks like Humble is completely cashing out since the IGN buyout. They clearly see the writing on the wall in regards to quality games agreeing to get bundled.
I keep repeating myself with this, but Hamble had been on the decline for at least two years before the IGN buyout was even announced. Quite frankly, I think even that was a (slight) step up from when they were owned by venture capitalists.

The writing was on the wall years ago.

The gaming bundles have definitely declined, but I think the software and book bundles have taken a sharp uptick in quality.

Anyone have an extra GRID2 code, apparently it was free last month for signing up, missed it by a day, dang it.
I'm pretty sure even if anybody had a spare lying around, it'd have expired by now. These freebie codes generally only last a week or two these days.

I'm pretty sure even if anybody had a spare lying around, it'd have expired by now. These freebie codes generally only last a week or two these days.
The keys don't expire, just the ability to reveal them if not already revealed.

I keep repeating myself with this, but Hamble had been on the decline for at least two years before the IGN buyout was even announced. Quite frankly, I think even that was a (slight) step up from when they were owned by venture capitalists.

The writing was on the wall years ago.
It wasn't a Humble specific thing. Not even a bundle specific thing. Sale discounts weakened around the same time bundles started declining. There are still publishers willing to do major discounts and to appear in bundles, but not as many and very few at the sort of prices that bundles became famous for.

The early unlocks for this month are of a high quality overall, and it appears that Mutant Year Zero has strong resale or trade value. I'm curious if another Ubisoft Uplay game is a headliner for May, after The Division appearing in one, or if Shadow of the Tomb Raider gets bundled, given the high frequency of Square Enix titles showing up.

bread's done
Back