Humble Bundle Thread

It wasn't a Humble specific thing. Not even a bundle specific thing. Sale discounts weakened around the same time bundles started declining. There are still publishers willing to do major discounts and to appear in bundles, but not as many and very few at the sort of prices that bundles became famous for.
This. PC gaming isn't the sort of niche thing it used to be. Major publishers aren't writing off their PC ports as a nice bonus to their revenue and taking the little they can get because they expect people to pirate otherwise. In exchange, we're getting more and better PC ports than ever (in part because of x86 architecture being the standard since 2013). So it's not ALL bad. That said, I am increasingly not a fan of publishers raising the usual sale prices on their back catalog to capitalize on the influx of suckers and I generally don't like how Steam is essentially turning into a console storefront.
If only PC gaming had stayed in that sweet spot of niche but popular enough that the easy porting of XB1/PS4 titles were worth it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Humble Bandai Namco Bundle 3

$1+:

ENSLAVED: Odyssey to the West

PAC-MAN Championship Edition DX

Impact Winter

BTA:

Little Nightmares

11-11 Memories Retold

Get Even

Project Cars

$15+:

GOD EATER 2 Rage Burst

SWORD ART ONLINE: Fatal Bullet

$25+:

TEKKEN 7

I am underwhelmed.

$1 tier is pretty good (assuming you never got Enslaved: Odyssey to the West or PAC-MAN Championship Edition DX).

Tekken 7 in a $25 tier is pretty bad though.  It would have been better putting it in that $15 tier along with God Eater 2 and SAO: Fatal Bullet.

This. PC gaming isn't the sort of niche thing it used to be. Major publishers aren't writing off their PC ports as a nice bonus to their revenue and taking the little they can get because they expect people to pirate otherwise. In exchange, we're getting more and better PC ports than ever (in part because of x86 architecture being the standard since 2013). So it's not ALL bad. That said, I am increasingly not a fan of publishers raising the usual sale prices on their back catalog to capitalize on the influx of suckers and I generally don't like how Steam is essentially turning into a console storefront.
If only PC gaming had stayed in that sweet spot of niche but popular enough that the easy porting of XB1/PS4 titles were worth it.
I'm not saying it's bad. Just that things in general have changed, not just Humble.

I'm really interested in two of the games in the middle tier, but I'm not sure I'm interested enough to bite, even at a cheap BTA, without finding a split partner to take Project CARS and Little Nightmares.

Yeah, I am intrigued by 11-11 Memories Retold and Get Even, but not enough to pay even the $6 the BTA started at.  I don't really see it dropping, and a split partner will be hard to find when all of the other BTA games and lower have been bundled before.

$1 tier is pretty good (assuming you never got Enslaved: Odyssey to the West or PAC-MAN Championship Edition DX).

Tekken 7 in a $25 tier is pretty bad though. It would have been better putting it in that $15 tier along with God Eater 2 and SAO: Fatal Bullet.
My only issue is that it's the vanilla version. It should have at least included Season 1 for $25.

Vanilla historic low was $16.99, Season 1 historic low $12.49, and Rematch historic low was $39.18.

Vanilla is not worth it at $25 this late into its life.

I'm really interested in two of the games in the middle tier, but I'm not sure I'm interested enough to bite, even at a cheap BTA, without finding a split partner to take Project CARS and Little Nightmares.
Exactly where I'm at. The other two are both wishlisted games that I'd probably never buy on their own, so I'm not sure I feel like paying the BTA and trying to find a split for two previously bundled games.

I missed the launch. Had I gotten a BTA of ~$5.45 (lowest according to SG) I'd have bitten. Little Nightmares and Get Even are on the wish list, and 11-11 Memories Retold looks neat.

Funny how it used to be automatic for me to check HB on Tuesdays in time for new bundles. Nowadays I often forget to check until I see a post here, on r/gamedeals, or on SG.

I've got a not-so-humble bundle for your Mom....
tenor.gif

Tekken 7 in a $25 tier is pretty bad though. It would have been better putting it in that $15 tier along with God Eater 2 and SAO: Fatal Bullet.
Tekken 7 base usually goes on sale for $20 and is still one of the most popular fighting games with an on going season pass, why would they make it cheaper than $20 and give you games with it?

I feel so dumb for actually looking forward to the reveal today. I always look forward to these even if I didn't subscribe, but this time, I feel like the early unlocks were good enough that there won't be anything good in the rest of the reveals. I also got some insider info on what's probably going to be the early unlock for next month and it's something I already have, so no excitement there either.

I feel so dumb for actually looking forward to the reveal today. I always look forward to these even if I didn't subscribe, but this time, I feel like the early unlocks were good enough that there won't be anything good in the rest of the reveals. I also got some insider info on what's probably going to be the early unlock for next month and it's something I already have, so no excitement there either.
y u no share insider info??

Sorry, shouldn't have said anything; figured it was so close to the reveal that it wouldn't really matter. If my source is right, it's not Doom, but I can go ahead and tell you that it's a big enough game that it might be the only reveal and that most of you won't care about it.

Also, I'll mention that it's a big enough game, that it might not be the full game; it might only be part of it.

Sorry, shouldn't have said anything; figured it was so close to the reveal that it wouldn't really matter. If my source is right, it's not Doom, but I can go ahead and tell you that it's a big enough game that it might be the only reveal and that most of you won't care about it.
>Member Since 29-November 06

Aren't you a little too old for this?

bread's done
Back