Humble Bundle Thread

eh bundle isn't really for me. frostpunk doesn't really seem like it'd be my thing and i have okami on console. 

the hex, project warlock, and underhero seem either good or interesting enough to keep. 

Honestly simply being able to see what the month's games are is a massive improvement by itself. At least here I can look through the games and be like "eh there are 4 things here I would play" and gauge if that's worth it or not. Pausing a month don't cost anything, after all

Meanwhile I barely ever buy anything outside of bundles anymore, so this month actually isn’t looking too bad to me at first glance. I have no idea what kind of game Frostpunk is, though. I briefly glanced at the trailer on Steam, it almost makes it look kinda like grimdark SimCity or something?

Last edited by a moderator:
So here's a question. I don't fancy this months bundle, can I pause my subscription a month, or is it too late to do that now?
You have the whole month. Now instead of getting a couple early reveals and trying to make your decision off that, the whole thing gets revealed. It's the same as it was before they changed it's just now you know everything at the beginning of the month

Meanwhile I barely ever buy anything outside of bundles anymore, so this month actually isn’t looking too bad to me at first glance. I have no idea what kind of game Frostpunk is, though. I briefly glanced at the trailer on Steam, it almost makes it look kinda like grimdark SimCity or something?
yea, build a city, based around a giant furnace since the world sucks ass now, and goal is to keep as many people alive and happy as possible buy building the things you can with what you have, while also doing expeditions and stuff

yea, build a city, based around a giant furnace since the world sucks ass now, and goal is to keep as many people alive and happy as possible buy building the things you can with what you have, while also doing expeditions and stuff
damn i was in til the expeditions part if there's one thing in this world i hate it is expeditions

The other day I was looking at the kickstarter for the second Pathfinder game wondering if the first one would get bundled sometime soon so that is a pleasant surprise.  The rest of the unlocks though...bleh.  Maybe the td game would be alright but that looks about it.

Actually a decent amount of games I do want. Eliza, Pathfinder, Underhero and Frost Punk i'm sure are on my wishlist. This bundle also has a game I refunded before Project Warlock. This is a not so great FPS throwback that feels super clunky and more graphics inspired compared to gameplay inspired by the older FPS. I think I refunded after dying in a level a good amount of times. Also the weapons don't feel weighty if I remember correctly, so it all felt uninspired. I have Okami on everything else so I may as well get it on PC (have PS4, PS3, PS2 and still haven't played it!).

My skips (I believe classic gets 10) are Cryofall (mutiplayer only bleh) and likely Project Warlock.

They’ve gotta avoid the crossover with Game Pass if they want to keep these appealing. I know it’s an “own vs rent” scenario, but the value just isn’t there for me if I can play it on Game Pass.

Will probably buy this month’s bundle since I skipped last month, but there’s no wow factor at all for me. Fingers crossed for a better March bundle.

I passed last month but I'm back on board for this month's trash.

Edit: On further inspection nevermind I'm out for life.

Not a bad month but I already own quite a few of these.  Frostpunk is one I keep looking at and thinking I'll either love this game or hate it, so at least I can quit pondering it.  Pathfinder I am genuinely excited about, Eliza looks interesting but those are the only three I care about that I do not have already.  Without Pathfinder I'd skip this month.  I guess I got Underhero in a bundle, no idea how/when I got Okami.  *shrug*  I dunno which three games to get out of what I already own.  

They’ve gotta avoid the crossover with Game Pass if they want to keep these appealing. I know it’s an “own vs rent” scenario, but the value just isn’t there for me if I can play it on Game Pass.
+1

when so many people have gamepass for at least a year or 2 for only a couple bucks, at this point they really need to have no GP games. What they could do is focus on games that have just left GP, you get people who either missed them or enjoyed them and now dont have them

Nice to see Okami HD. I've been thinking of picking that up during various Steam sales, never played the original. 

If you aren't happy with Frostpunk and Night Call also being on Gamepass, well you're in luck: Classic subscription only offers 10 unlocks, so you can't get all 12 of the games anyway! Yay!

BTW, just a reminder that Frostpunk and Night Call are both on PC Game Pass.
And Book of Demons.

I beat Frostpunk in normal mode even though I haven't really gotten into a city management game since Simcity 3000. Not sure why this one grabbed me, but I really liked it. I did basically beat it in a weekend and after beating it I haven't had any desire to go back to it even though it has scenarios and other difficulties.

With 2 the most interesting games in game pass, easy 3rd pass in a row for me.

eh bundle isn't really for me. frostpunk doesn't really seem like it'd be my thing and i have okami on console.

the hex, project warlock, and underhero seem either good or interesting enough to keep.
In case someone's trying not to use up a "Humble Choice..." & trying to get the whole bundle...

The Hex is in the Fanatical Hidden Gems 8 Bundle for $2.49 with other games:

https://www.fanatical.com/en/bundle/hidden-gems-8-bundle

EDIT:

Nice to see Okami HD. I've been thinking of picking that up during various Steam sales, never played the original.

If you aren't happy with Frostpunk and Night Call also being on Gamepass, well you're in luck: Classic subscription only offers 10 unlocks, so you can't get all 12 of the games anyway! Yay!
You could save one Humble pick for something else...by getting Hex on Fanatical in HG8 for $2.49 w/ other stuff. See first part of this post.

Played Night Call in Game Pass. Short, but cool game. I wouldn't mind owning that.

Skipping again.  Already have Frostpunk and Book of Demons.  Rest is meh.  They need a $5 tier to allow you to pick some of the dregs/lesser titles.

Skipping again. Already have Frostpunk and Book of Demons. Rest is meh. They need a $5 tier to allow you to pick some of the dregs/lesser titles.
Like I've often said, with my great and unmatched wisdom, don't buy any games unless they're less than $2 because they'll all eventually be in a Humble Monthly. You of all people should know this Mooby :shame:

I know this has been the case for a long time, but it's always frustrating when only one or no pieces of DLC are included. It'll probably be pretty expensive to get the remaining DLC for Frostpunk and Pathfinder. Not sure if I should keep my subscription, but I did want Okami.

Last edited:
These subscription i feel like forces splitting

I'm never going to like 10 of these games.

Okami Undhero and Project Warlock looks cool to me. everything else looks like it's for people who aren't me

Like I've often said, with my great and unmatched wisdom, don't buy any games unless they're less than $2 because they'll all eventually be in a Humble Monthly. You of all people should know this Mooby :shame:
Got Frostpunk when they let some rando sell pirated versions for $1 on Amazon. Developers gave everyone a Steam key. Book of Demons was gifted to me by Preedatore!

Having just bought and finished Eliza during the Steam Xmas sale I can recommend it as an excellent experience. I won't say game as it's basically interactive fiction but it was one of the best things I used Steam for in 2019. An affecting narrative about mental health, tech, and responsibility.

Also I just picked up a Pathfinder Kingmaker key from another CAG. That was a game I've been eyeing up for awhile but always found it too expensive. Not now thanks to Humble/CAG   :D/

Spent some time with Warlock and enjoyed it quite a bit. Got Underhero last month during a big sale for like $3, so that's not bad and I loved the core game enough in that time to make it well worth the time I spent with it then.

stupid question, i have 1 choice left on last month's bundle. does that shit expire or can i hold it in perpetuity?
From what I can tell you can hold onto it for as long as you want. Haven't seen anything that says otherwise.
Just be aware that Humble don't seem to allocate the key until you reveal it, so while you may be able to keep the choice forever... they may not have any keys left when you finally pick.

I've personally seen this apply to Humble originals which had Steam keys added, store purchases, and store giveaways; and while I haven't experienced it myself, I've seen others' posts about it also applying to bundles.

https://blog.humblebundle.com/2020/02/10/announcing-regional-pricing-for-bundles/

Announcing Regional Pricing for Bundles

Today, Monday, February 10, 2020, we’re making purchasing more consistent across our store, bundles and Humble Choice by introducing regional pricing for all of our bundles. The following currencies are supported for bundles: EUR, GBP, CAD, AUD, NZD, TRY, RUB, and PHP.

Please note, for live bundles launched before today, the currency is still in USD.

We already do this for some Humble Choice currencies. For more info, check out our blog here.

Unless they start pricing the Humble Choice in rubles, they aren't going to get any new subscribers.
5jtFTzAk_400x400.jpg

I am resigned to the notion that this may signify the undoing of Humble, whether by ignorance or by design.

While I cannot feign any true feelings of indignation on behalf of those who will be negatively affected by regional pricing, neither shall I dignify these changes.

Perhaps my views on the matter are misaligned, and I would do better to reassign them to a more optimistic outlook - such that the new policy may turn out benign.

You guys are just too lazy.  It just takes a some consolebro level shenanigans to come out on top.  Here's my story:

1. Threaten to pause for $2 discount.

2. Pay $10 for bundle.

3. Trade Frostpunk, Pathfinder, and Cryofall for 7 TF2 keys.

4. Sell 7 TF2 keys for $15 Steam Wallet

5. Buy American Truck Simulator Washington and Oregon bundle.

6. Profit

7. Still claimed 7 games from Humble choice including Okami, Project Warlord, and Warstone TD (my main wants).

bread's done
Back