Humble Bundle Thread

How much better is DMC4 Special over DMC4 Original?
Special Edition is mostly just 3 extra playable characters and a lot of random balance changes. The new characters just play through the same levels as the main game but with the cutscenes removed. It's basically for hardcore fans who wanted playable Trish/Vergil/Lady.

Any input on Rebelle 3 and that bundle ending in 14 hours?  I'm not much into digital art anymore, but I'm on the lookout for software for my daughter to use with her drawing tablet.

Is it wrong when I saw MM3 and such I was hoping for Might & Magic 3?
giphy.gif

I don’t have any of these capcom games and am considering getting the 20$ bundle but I have a lot of backlogged games already .

How hot is this humble bundle on a scale of 1-10? I played a few of the mega man games on nes and snes and literally have none if the rest of the games

I don’t have any of these capcom games and am considering getting the 20$ bundle but I have a lot of backlogged games already .

How hot is this humble bundle on a scale of 1-10? I played a few of the mega man games on nes and snes and literally have none if the rest of the games
Honestly I felt Capcom was being cheap on what was offered. Only the $1 tier seems worth it to me. You don't even get the full megaman series or the top tier RE titles. Not even a niche Ace Attorney or something.

It's not a terrible bundle if you don't have any of the games - a lot of them are very fun - but most of them have been bundled to death already. If you're not going to play any of these games any time soon, you're probably better off waiting for them to pop up in another bundle within the next year.

Personally, considering how many times some of these games have been bundled, how old most of them are, and how cheap many of them tend to get in sales, I think Capcom’s overcharging for this. As with practically any Humble Bundle, it’s still good value for money if you don’t have many of the titles on offer, but I also feel like their previous bundles were a better value, taking into account when they were offered. A large part of that is due to so many of this bundle’s contents being repeats from previous Capcom-dedicated bundles, though.

It's not a terrible bundle if you don't have any of the games - a lot of them are very fun - but most of them have been bundled to death already. If you're not going to play any of these games any time soon, you're probably better off waiting for them to pop up in another bundle within the next year.
That’s a bit optimistic, I think. We rarely see single-publisher dedicated Humble Bundles more than once a year, and there’s never a guarantee that we’ll see more in the future if the publisher decides it’s not worth it.

That’s a bit optimistic, I think. We rarely see single-publisher dedicated Humble Bundles more than once a year, and there’s never a guarantee that we’ll see more in the future if the publisher decides it’s not worth it.
It was probably hyperbolic, but it feels like there's a Capcom bundle every year for sure.

Includes a month of Humble Choice Premium but for new subs only. But yeah, there's some really good stuff in there overall.

And FWIW, Zombotron is the only game in the bundle that appears to have a limited number of keys (95,000 total from the looks of it).

Last edited by a moderator:
It is a strong looking bundle, if there were things I were looking for in it I’d be all over it. As it stands the only thing I saw I was interested in was that Starfinder book. One book code not worth the $30 price tag for a bundle though.

That was free on EGS last holiday, by the way. Great game.
32 games in my EGS library, all of which were freebies and apparently I missed Into the Breach. Oh well, I got my hopes up for a minute there. Still looking for Into the Breach if anyone has an extra copy to trade.

Cheers.

Oh man, Magicka.  I've been waiting for that game to be bundled forever.  Well now I'll jump on this bundle just for it.. and a bunch of digital books I'll never ever use.

Turok just got added to Twitch Prime for the month. Maybe good to know if you got the March Humble Choice and are thinking of using a pick on it.

I recommend downloading Lightmatter. If you can turn off the voice acting so you don't have to listen to the terribly written dialogue (mainly bad Portal references) it's a pretty compelling puzzle game for what it is, nice aesthetics.

Never interested in humble choice nor plan on ever subscribing, but is there a tldr; to take advantage of this for some free games to keep?
It's just a free month of Humble Choice Premium. Not sure when it expires, but I'd assume for at least a few months you can look at the games on offer in Humble Choice each month and if you like them, you can redeem your free month and choose 9 games to keep forever, usually out of a selection of 12 games. Usually something good every few months. Retail is $20, I'd value it at at least $10 so it's definitely a great addition to this bundle.

Now that my 3 month Xbox PC Game Pass subscription has expired, Humble Choice feels like a lot better deal. Might go ahead and redeem Frostpunk from last month.

It's just a free month of Humble Choice Premium. Not sure when it expires, but I'd assume for at least a few months you can look at the games on offer in Humble Choice each month and if you like them, you can redeem your free month and choose 9 games to keep forever, usually out of a selection of 12 games. Usually something good every few months. Retail is $20, I'd value it at at least $10 so it's definitely a great addition to this bundle.
I read that it expires 5/1. Since that's the first Friday of the month, I guess you could maybe use it on the March, April, or May bundles. After you use it, you can probably instantly cancel your sub so you don't get charged in the future. Although, you could also keep your sub active until right before the next month's bundle is out so you can take advantage of the Humble store discount or access to the Trove.

I can confirm the coupon expires 5/1. I don't like the March selection, so I'm guessing I should wait until 4/3 and see what'a available. If I time it right, would I be able to collect 9 games for april and 9 games for May? 

No interest in Trove unless there are AAA games that can be beaten quickly (as you don't keep them I'm assuming).

Good point on the 20% discount on the store if I can find something...

Hamble hates me, they never send me anything but threats demanding my money.
Same here. I mean, just because I borrow someone else's Paypal account to make a purchase and they later find out and report it as fraudulent activity, doesn't mean they can't dispute the payment with that person because the keys are used! What if it really was me using false information to get games for free, huh Humble? Stop victimizing me!

(this is a joke/parody of entitlement culture)

So apparently the coupon expires at 1:00 PM ET on May 1st, meaning it won't be usable on the May Monthly. Just March or April.
So the coupon offer doesn't last until May 1st, but also the sub will expire May 1st? I thought it was 1 month free w/e you start.

That said, as a first time user, I guess I don't understand the redemption process. Do you get like a single redemption token or something? For example, if I enroll today, why can't I take the 9 games for March and 9 for April's selection? Or do you get 9 redemption tokens a month and can mix match?

That said, as a first time user, I guess I don't understand the redemption process. Do you get like a single redemption token or something? For example, if I enroll today, why can't I take the 9 games for March and 9 for April's selection? Or do you get 9 redemption tokens a month and can mix match?

It's the latter: You pick the month, then you select 9 games from however many are offered (usually 12). They're yours to keep. No rollover, no spreading out over both months. If you redeem it today, you would only be able to choose from the currently offered games (Planet Coaster, F1 2019, etc.). If you redeem after Friday at 1 PM ET, you'll choose from a different selection of games.

Duke Nukem 3D: 20th Anniversary Tour [Steam]:

Before HBM Discount = $1.99

With HBM Discount = $1.59

This DN3D: 20th Anniversary Edition includes:

• Duke Nukem 3D [base-game] (part of Atomic Edition) = Episodes 1, 2 & 3
  • Duke Nukem 3D: Plutonium Pak [expansion] (part of Atomic Edition) = Episode 4
  • A brand new Episode 5 by original DN3D game designers Richard "Levelord" Gray & Allen Blum III.

bread's done
Back