Humble Bundle Thread

Focus Home Interactive is the equivalent of the “Coming soon to a home theater near you” VHS releases of the 80s and 90s ... yeah, it’s playable but you’re never going to see their stuff getting the red carpet treatment.
Was going to reply and say something like this but you hit the nail on the head. In relation to what people consider "AAA" titles, FHI pumps out B-list titles. And while I'm not saying AAA games are always superior, one would have thought a 'benefit' to IGN taking over Humble was more AAA titles headlining monthlies. Instead we get stuff that you would expect from Fanatical, just at a markup because Humble still styles itself as the 'better' bundle.

not mind blowing but in terms of whether im happy to spend 12 bucks on it or not the answer is yeah i am which is really all i worry about with these
I've sort of been 'forcing' myself to play games that have sat on my Steam list for years to derive value/justify my purchase of them (albeit most of these fall in the category of bundle fodder and probably were not more than $1 each, if that). A couple I've enjoyed, but most I have shrugged off after an hour or so of play not meriting any further other than the sake of saying I completed it -- and I simply don't bother. The games in this bundle look 'okay,' but aren't stuff that I would play immediately and would most likely fall by the wayside as time goes by. The value of game bundles is unmistakable. But that value isn't realized if you never install and finish (or put a decent amount of playtime) into the games.

In theory, I'd get a good deal. In practice, I would have just wasted $12.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've sort of been 'forcing' myself to play games that have sat on my Steam list for years to derive value/justify my purchase of them (albeit most of these fall in the category of bundle fodder and probably were not more than $1 each, if that). A couple I've enjoyed, but most I have shrugged off after an hour or so of play not meriting any further other than the sake of saying I completed it -- and I simply don't bother. The games in this bundle look 'okay,' but aren't stuff that I would play immediately and would most likely fall by the wayside as time goes by. The value of game bundles is unmistakable. But that value isn't realized if you never install and finish (or put a decent amount of playtime) into the games.

In theory, I'd get a good deal. In practice, I would have just wasted $12.
Oh for sure this makes sense. When i buy the bundles i tend to only actually keep like 1-3 of the games and sell the rest, which usually means i spend like 2-3 bucks a bundle and wind up playing at least half the games i get so it works for me pretty great. But yeah if you're spending 12 bucks and playing just a handful of the games you buy not so much for sure, but then again most people in this forum tend to have hundreds of games they dont play anyway

Humble is giving away F1 2018.

Comparing it to my copy of F1 2015, there appear to be two extra playable characters.

They seem to have worked fixing the issue with F1 2015 where the cars are tilted too far to the right, but overcompensated a little as they appear slightly tilted to the left . Also, it is no longer available on Steam, just on Windows.

Also, it no longer comes with a free comb.

8p7u6D5.png

Oops, upon further inspection: 

x3WeARm.png

Oh for sure this makes sense. When i buy the bundles i tend to only actually keep like 1-3 of the games and sell the rest, which usually means i spend like 2-3 bucks a bundle and wind up playing at least half the games i get so it works for me pretty great. But yeah if you're spending 12 bucks and playing just a handful of the games you buy not so much for sure, but then again most people in this forum tend to have hundreds of games they dont play anyway
Well, I think the other thing for many is - well, the price of buying the game you really want by itself (and/or version from the service you prefer, such as Steam for many) can be a little less, close to or equal, or a littler higher in the Bundle.

In which, if there's other stuff you want and do actual play in the HBC (or any other bundle, for that matter) - yeah, it'll be more worth your while to buy the bundle.

Only other time you might really do good is: say you activate a game you don't care about...but then it gets pulled from Steam (and any other service). I dunno 'bout you, but...it's always cool owning stuff that you can no longer buy and is no longer for sale anymore anywhere; especially stuff w/ licensed-stuff (licensed music, licensed cars, licensed characters, licensed IP's, etc etc).

I've been looking at Call of Chtulu (Cyanide) and Coma 2 - so, for those two alone, probably worth just grabbing the bundle, no matter what I do w/ any of the other keys (activate them, giveaway, or whatever).

Pretty much, for those two alone (Call of Chtulu which I can never spell right and Coma 2), it's tipping me to BUY.

Humble is giving away F1 2018.

Comparing it to my copy of F1 2015, there appear to be two extra playable characters.

They seem to have worked fixing the issue with F1 2015 where the cars are tilted too far to the right, but overcompensated a little as they appear slightly tilted to the left . Also, it is no longer available on Steam, just on Windows.

Also, it no longer comes with a free comb.

8p7u6D5.png

Oops, upon further inspection:

x3WeARm.png
I somehow own both of these, already. Probably unplayed, I'd guess.

Maybe...they were bundled?

Ah, now that's more like it. A monthly where I actually wanted a couple of the games, find a couple more interesting, AND don't have to make any choices! :D

The $4 off coupon from skipping last month doesn't hurt, either.

When I tried to pause last month - well, I didn't get a $4 offer.

If I got a $4 offer last month, I probably would've (barely) jumped on that bundle. I wasn't super thrilled w/ last month's bundle and also wasn't thrilled w/ the news on them offering bans on giveaways/trades and whatnot.

This month - oh, I'm definitely in though, $4 coupon offered or not.

I dunno...

https://store.steampowered.com/app/752590/A_Plague_Tale_Innocence/

Certainly no slouch of a release and if they keeping making games like this, they'll be nearly top tiered.
Played it, didn’t really hold my attention. It’s a good game, but not AAA imo. They’ve gotten better but their games always have a fair bit of jank that keeps them from being top tier. Granted I would say that things like Senua’s Sacrifice, Braid, and Journey were all overrated and boring as well, so maybe it’s just personal tastes.

Right. I'm 'guilty' of that but to a lesser degree. Trying to avoid it going forward. Being picky and cheap go hand-in-hand!
the increased crappiness of the steam sales (in addition to just having bought a lot of the stuff that's always cheap anyway) has definitely reduced my spending habits. now i just tend to get the monthly choice bundles and each sale buy llke 1-2 games i'll want to play soon

Vikings does look more interesting than last month's extra game, Boundless. Already noticing it starting to flood Barter. 

Looked at this month's list of games and though to myself that it's not half bad. And then I thought about what that really means and I went ahead and finally ended my subscription for good.

HUMBLE KILLING FLOOR BUNDLE

https://www.humblebundle.com/games/killing-floor

$1

Killing Floor

DLC:

Mrs Foster Pack

Robot Premium DLC Character

Ash Harding Character Pack

The Chickenator Pack

Killing Floor - Reggie the Rocker Character Pack

BTA

Killing Floor 2

DLC:

Foster Classic Bundle

Commando Chicken Bundle
Clot Backpack Bundle
Compound Bow
Community Weapon Pack 2
Community Weapon Pack 3 - Us Vs Them Total Conflict Pack
Community Weapons Pack
Nightfall Character Pack
Camo Weapon Pack

$15 or more
Killing Floor Incursion (VR Only)
DLC:
Wasteland Bundle
Briar's Bobby Bundle
Tanaka's Biker Bundle
Hazmat Suit Bundle
DAR Assault Armor Bundle
Pajama Bundle
Cardboard Knight Bundle
Witch Hunter Outfit Bundle
Santa's Helper Outfit Bundle
Foster's Favorites Weapon Skin Pack
Mrs. Foster
Badass Santa Bundle
Headshot FX Pack 1
Headshot FX Pack 2
Grim Treatments Weapon Bundle
Yuletide Horror Weapon Skin Bundle
Killing Floor 2 Digital Deluxe Upgrade
Neon Character Pack
Neon Weapon Pack
Golden Weapons Pack
Outbreak Character Pack
Golden Weapon Pack 2

KF2 has taken a nosedive since their integration with Epic.  Community is also kind of hit and miss.  Some people have actually gone back to KF1.

Humble Headup Games Band Boost Bundle

$1+:

Pixel Heroes: Byte & Magic + soundtrack

Meridian: Squad 22 + soundtrack

Doodle Derby

Deadly 30

Safety First

Dub Dash

BTA:

Slime-san + soundtrack

SEUM: Speedrunners from Hell + Drunk Side of the Moon DLC + soundtrack

Dead End Job

The Inner World + soundtrack

$12+:

Outbuddies DX

Everreach: Project Eden

Vambrace: Cold Soul + soundtrack

Silver Chains

The Textorcist: The Story of Ray Bibbia + soundtrack

That is basically a Fanatical bundle with crappier pricing.  You know Humble has jumped the shark when they are using Headup Games to populate their bundles.

If the top tier was like $8 or $9 like previous bundles this may be better. I'm not sure these games are worth it. Slime-san is pretty fun for the most part, but yeah unsure of everything and many have been bundled before.

2016 was when I stopped having faith in humanity, so it can stay there. I wouldn't mind a butt-dial from 2014 though.
If we're going that route, I wouldn't mind a do-over, for the most part. So, 1990, if you could just kidnap me, I'm pretty sure I'd be a billionaire by 2015, hindsight being 20/20

If we're going that route, I wouldn't mind a do-over, for the most part. So, 1990, if you could just kidnap me, I'm pretty sure I'd be a billionaire by 2015, hindsight being 20/20
"Child saves up lunch money for years to buy 30% of Amazon's stocks at $18 per share"

You must be young... Go back a bit father and bail Apple out in 1997 along side Bill Gates.
That was in reference to eulogy going back to 1990, presumably when he was born. Amazon went public in '97. He could have 400,000 shares at $3260 apiece right now.

I wouldn't want the controlling interest in any major company like that, though. Too much could go wrong. You could buy out Apple and then see them tank from a mutable timeline with different decisions made.

Wait, come back, 2016, we washed our hands first--promise!

You're even more glad you didn't buy any KFC DLC.
I don't know, I think plenty of people would pay for DLC for "I Love you Colonel Sanders: A Finger Lickin' Good Dating Simulator".

Heads up, Hamble is sending e-mails offering new subscribers 75% off one month of Choice premium - $5 instead of $19.99.

The promo works on buying a gift subscription, too, so you can wait to see all the games in a given month before redeeming the sub.

I might use it on the current batch of games - many are wishlisted, none are owned.

AQxfdMu.gif

edit - I'm getting this error when attempting to check out as a normal purchase or as a gift.

ejuqMNM.png

Seems they are getting more and more desperate. Pricing of Humble Choice is ludicrous. Game selection has been marginal.
Its almost like when you frame your surveys to get the answer you want, and not what the customer actually wants, you end up with bad results, at least from what I remember of all those surveys last year

bread's done
Back