Humble Bundle Thread

I would take you up on that but I just noticed Platinum doesn't include all the DLC. Five years down the line and they are still milking thins thing. I'll wait for the Mega-Platinum or Diamond or Cubic Zirconium edition.
I think you'll be waiting a long time.

If you were on the $6/mo for 6 months plan and last month's bundle was your 6th bundle there's a chance you still have the coupon in your Humble account and it MAY work for this bundle (effectively making it the 7th month).

My coupon was listed as expiring June 4th so I went to claim one of the games from this Monthly Choice and it took the $6 off for me so I got this month's bundle for $6 plus tax. I imagine it worked since I unlocked and paid for the bundle right away while the coupon was still technically valid.

Just an FYI in case anyone was interested.
Got offered $4 off for threatening to pause. Which is almost as good.

Personally I'm not going to redeem the GOG key for Disjunction in the hope they'll give an option for Steam at some point.

Last edited by a moderator:
I forgot Civ VI was in a previous monthly and I sold it off. It was one of those times when the headliner was worth $12 to resellers so no point activating it back then since it didn't have most of the DLC

Wasn't Civ 6 (base) free on the Epic Store once?

Also, how are the DLC's included here for Civ 6? Do they improve Civ 6 base a lot?

Wasn't Civ 6 (base) free on the Epic Store once?

Also, how are the DLC's included here for Civ 6? Do they improve Civ 6 base a lot?
It includes the two big expansions that add significant layers of depth to the game - Rise and Fall and Gathering Storm. While not brand new, they did come out in 2018 and 2019. I’ve watched both pretty closely and the lowest they’ve ever gone individually is $10 a piece. I’m not a huge Civ fan, but these two add-ons basically give you the full game. There’s a season pass that adds more civilizations, but those two expansions included in the Humble Bundle are the big game changers, adding weather, natural disasters, civilization eras (dark ages and golden ages), and stronger alliance mechanics between civilizations.

People who are complaining about this bundle’s value either don’t care about the franchise, got it through a glitch (without some of the newer dlc), or don’t realize that Platinum alone is still like a $40 value on sale. Totally worth it if you like the game.

Yeah Civilization 6 is a good bundle game. It's just pretty old by now and I kind of played it a decent amount around the 2 years after it came out. It's good, but just yeah a bit long in the tooth and the DLC thing is always a bit weird. I've been collecting Civ 6 DLC over the years, so this is good for sure. Overall I like the games in this bundle though I'm not too crazy about the multiplayer ones (Neighbor one, Worm's Rumble and Desolate). They all look okay to likely not going to play.

It includes the two big expansions that add significant layers of depth to the game - Rise and Fall and Gathering Storm. While not brand new, they did come out in 2018 and 2019. I’ve watched both pretty closely and the lowest they’ve ever gone individually is $10 a piece. I’m not a huge Civ fan, but these two add-ons basically give you the full game. There’s a season pass that adds more civilizations, but those two expansions included in the Humble Bundle are the big game changers, adding weather, natural disasters, civilization eras (dark ages and golden ages), and stronger alliance mechanics between civilizations.

People who are complaining about this bundle’s value either don’t care about the franchise, got it through a glitch (without some of the newer dlc), or don’t realize that Platinum alone is still like a $40 value on sale. Totally worth it if you like the game.
Oh come on. Remember the Humble Monthly? There used to be like 3 headliner games per bundle. Now there's basically 1 headliner (which has been given away for free and in previous bundles) and some DLC. This is crap. Especially when you combine it with dead multiplayer games and some other pixel bundle trash.

Oh come on. Remember the Humble Monthly? There used to be like 3 headliner games per bundle. Now there's basically 1 headliner (which has been given away for free and in previous bundles) and some DLC. This is crap. Especially when you combine it with dead multiplayer games and some other pixel bundle trash.
Say what you want, but there hasn’t been a way to get those 2 dlcs for under $20. If you don’t like the game, that’s on you, but that doesn’t make the bundle trash. There have been plenty of other trash Humble Choice bundles, and there are some trash games in this one like anything Hello Neighbor. But between that Civ dlc and the Stubbs Remaster that just came out, this bundle, while not the best, is far from being “trash.”

Say what you want, but there hasn’t been a way to get those 2 dlcs for under $20. If you don’t like the game, that’s on you, but that doesn’t make the bundle trash. There have been plenty of other trash Humble Choice bundles, and there are some trash games in this one like anything Hello Neighbor. But between that Civ dlc and the Stubbs Remaster that just came out, this bundle, while not the best, is far from being “trash.”
You're bragging about a 15 year old game and some DLC for a 5 year old game that's been in a previous monthly and given away for free. That's trash. They should have had a separate Civ 6 bundle with different tiers for the DLC instead of putting it in yet another monthly bundle.

You're bragging about a 15 year old game and some DLC for a 5 year old game that's been in a previous monthly and given away for free. That's trash. They should have had a separate Civ 6 bundle with different tiers for the DLC instead of putting it in yet another monthly bundle.
I’m providing facts … you’re throwing out opinions. Show me where the two major expansion DLCs that each retailed for $40 have been bundled with the core game at this price and I’ll stop “bragging.”

I’m providing facts … you’re throwing out opinions. Show me where the two major expansion DLCs that each retailed for $40 have been bundled with the core game at this price and I’ll stop “bragging.”
I think we are both throwing out opinions. I'm just saying that you're making it sound like this is some great value, when it's not. They should not be able to just re-bundle a game they've bundled before with a few pieces of DLC (not even all of it) and call that a headliner for the monthly. Not holding them to a higher standard is just going to make the monthly get worse and worse.

The lowest historic price I can find for the Platinum Edition of Civ VI is a little over $20. If you like Civ, even if you own the base game, this is still a decent deal at $12 or less. MSRP on the Platinum edition is $120, and while no one here would ever pay that, paying 1/10 of MSRP plus getting a selection of other games isn’t trash. And Stubbs may be 15 years old but it was delisted from Steam and unavailable/unplayable for many years. Those are basic facts, not opinions.

sqtYh99.gif

Let's set value aside and look at why it's just not a good Humble Monthly bundle:

1. I own the headliner. Automatic disqualification for "good status" -- indisputable.

2. Headliner is from 2016. For context: (other games released in 2016 include Titanfall 2, Overwatch, XCOM 2)

3. It's already been in a Humble Monthly (with two add-ons) ... over three years ago.

4. Two problematic multiplayer games

5. A visual novel (YMMV)

6. Some pixel graphics games

7. A GOG ONLY GAME (this probably deserves to be higher)

If you look at it as a Civ bundle, that means you're a Civ fan and you're excited to get more DLC for cheap, The other stuff is gravy on top.

As a Humble Monthly though? It's really disappointing. There are so many things not to like about it and only a few ok-looking games to make up for it. For $12... hell no. I passed on it for $8. But I'm not a huge Civ fan and I played it enough a few years ago.

I mean... for half the price of the Humble Choice you can get ten games from this https://www.fanatical.com/en/pick-and-mix/build-your-own-summer-bundle -- most of which are pretty solid and certainly on par with the filler in the Humble Choice outside of Civ 6.
And at least half those games are regular repeats for Fanatical. I know I've bought F1 and Hard West from them previously. Chroma Squad is regularly in bundles.

Sent from my ZTE A2020U Pro using Tapatalk

If you want a better example from Fanatical, it would be the Platinum Collection. Less of a deal then Humble Monthly in raw numbers, they at least let you select games. I can't always find 3 that I want, tho.

And at least half those games are regular repeats for Fanatical. I know I've bought F1 and Hard West from them previously. Chroma Squad is regularly in bundles.

You gotta be like me and be more selective on those Fanatical pickings!

Some other people and I got emails offering another Six-for-Six deal after canceling a week ago. If you also canceled and previously had the plan, might be worth checking your emails.

Reactivated: $6 for Choice for 6 months
An exclusive offer just for you! Come back to Humble Choice and we'll reactivate your $6/month plan for the next 6 months.

Every month you'll get a set of brand new, handpicked games to add to your collection and keep forever.

I know you're joking but LSL - WDDD was a decent game I beat in one evening. I'm waiting to get it's sequel cheap in the future too. About 9 hours and I only had to look for hints I think twice. Not bad at all for cheap.

Man, Humble must be really excited about their 3D printed RPG accessories bundle, they emailed me about it four times. They only sent me two about their new coding bundle.

That's a bad bundle and surprised they're still throwing Hurtworld around. Even if I didn't have 100% of it I would still think of passing on it heh.

Humble UK Games Bundle

Note: All games here are for Steam.

$1 Tier:

• Her Majesty's Spiffing -> DRM-FREE download version also included too.

BTA:

• Lumino City -> DRM-FREE download version also included too
  • Master Reboot -> DRM-FREE download version also included too
  • Warhammer 40,000: Sanctus Reach
  • The Ship: Complete Pack

$10 Tier:

• Runescape: Old-School Version - 1 month subscription included only

Paid for the BTA, received one game. First time that's ever happened. Hope customer support assists.

@Iron - Same here. Meh.

EDIT - Looks like some on Reddit on r/GameDeals sub have had the same issue.

2K Build Your Own Bundle

Pricing Schemes:

• 3 games = 80% off your order.
  • 4 games = 83% off your order.
  • 5 games = 85% off your order.
Games to pick from:

• Borderlands 1: Enhanced
  • Borderlands 2
  • Borderlands 2: GOTY Edition
  • Borderlands 2: Season Pass
  • Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel
  • Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel - Season Pass
  • XCOM: Enemy Unknown - Complete
  • XCOM: Enemy Within expansion
  • XCOM 2
  • XCOM 2: War of the Chosen
  • XCOM 2: Reinforcement Pack
  • XCOM 2: Collection
  • The Bureau: XCOM Declassified
  • Civilization III: Complete
  • Civ IV: Complete
  • Civ: Beyond Earth
  • Civ: Beyond Earth - Rising Tide expansion
  • Civ: Beyond Earth - Collection
  • Bioshock
  • Bioshock 2
  • Bioshock: Infinite
  • Bioshock: The Collection
  • NBA 2K21
  • NBA 2K21: Mamba Edition
  • NBA 2K Playgrounds 2
  • WWE 2K20
  • WWE 2K20: Digital Deluxe
  • WWE 2K Battlegrounds
  • DNF
  • DNF: Collection
  • Carnival Games
  • Carnival Games VR
  • Spec Ops: The Line
  • The Darkness 2

$15 is a bit much to try yet another deck builder. Would try dangerous driving but yeah this bundle sucks.
Yeah, if I'd known about Spelldrifter two weeks ago I might have tried it out with the $10 coupon. I already have WWZ uber edition thanks to the monthly so, nothing here of interest.

bread's done
Back