Humble Indie Bundle 6: 5/10 games - Wizorb, BT Runner, Jamestown, Space Battles added

louiedog

CAGiversary!
Feedback
56 (100%)
HIB bundles are pay-what-you-want and all games are DRM free as direct downloads for PC, Mac, and Linux. Steam keys are included with purchases of $1+. There is one Steam key for the main bundle, one for beating the average, and one for future bonuses.

Soundtracks are included for all except Vessel. Dustforce, SPAZ, Shatter, and (soon) Torchlight are redeemable on the Ubuntu Software Center.

Remember, you can always add money later if you're not sure that you want to beat the average now. The average when you first pay is the one you have to beat, even if the price is higher when you decide to. Future bonuses should be given to all who purchased the bundle up to that point, regardless of price paid, but people who buy in after any future additions may have to beat the average to get them.

Games:
  • Rochard
  • Shatter
  • Space Pirates & Zombies
  • Torchlight
  • Vessel

Beat the average to get:
  • Dustforce
  • BIT.TRIP RUNNER*
  • Gratuitous Space Battles*
  • Jamestown*
  • Wizorb*

* Bonus games. If you purchased the bundle prior to 10 AM PST on 9/25 you get these games regardless of price paid

https://www.humblebundle.com/

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='elessar123']What? The average Linux user paid 3x the average.

And I lied. I bought a bundle to support the native Linux versions. Gave the least amount to Torchlight and Rochard, since I already bought Torchlight 5 times now.[/QUOTE]

Hey, the Linux gamers are coming out! I also always buy the HIB (even though much of the time I already have most of the games for Windows) to support native Linux versions. In fact, I'll probably buy this one twice, like I always do...

So I procrastinated to long and didn't get Shatter with the soundtrack last week. I was looking to buy a Torchlight key off of someone. Rochard, SPAZ and Vessel were on my radar. The only one I didn't know was Dustforce, but I gladly BTA to grab it. Great bundle for me.

[quote name='seamoss']I think most people either have Dustforce already or don't want it, which is unusual for the BTA game in an HIB. I put in $6 for it, but I doubt it'll get much lower than it is right now. Historically, the average just keeps going up after the first hour or two.[/QUOTE]

i didnt even know dustforce game before the bundle came out so looked at the gameplay and seems pretty cool game.

HIB already passed indiegala bundle sales in less than an hour! wow! thinking of getting another bundle to give to a friend. hehe!

My favorite part of new HIB day is going to my account page and scrolling through my long list of games.

[quote name='seamoss']Hey, the Linux gamers are coming out! I also always buy the HIB (even though much of the time I already have most of the games for Windows) to support native Linux versions. In fact, I'll probably buy this one twice, like I always do...[/QUOTE]

I've bought every single bundle (other than the first, but I got those games from HIB #2) regardless of how many of the games I had or how many of the remainder that I was interested in. A big part of that is the Linux support. I run Lubuntu on my laptop because it's ridiculously fast and easy on my battery. The kinds of games that I play on it are usually simpler indie games so the HIBs are perfect. I would buy a bundle even if I already owned all of the games, simply because of Linux.

The fact that almost all of them are on Steam makes me excited for the upcoming Linux beta. Hopefully all of these devs that have Linux builds will mean I'll have a good sized library when that day comes. After that I'll just have to wait for Netflix to come over and that machine will no longer need to be a dualboot setup.

Amazingly, I somehow didn't own any of these yet (except On Live's free Spaz, which I'd rather not use On Live).

Now I just wonder if and what the bonus will be later on.

[quote name='Necrotron']Amazingly, I somehow didn't own any of these yet (except On Live's free Spaz, which I'd rather not use On Live).

Now I just wonder if and what the bonus will be later on.[/QUOTE]

OnLive! I knew I owned SPAZ somewhere. I was surprised to not see it or Torchlight when I scrolled through my Steam library. Then I remembered I downloaded Torchlight on PC from a free code elsewhere.

I sure am glad I decided to skip on purchasing Rochard when it was a Steam Daily Deal a few days back. Had a gut feeling that it would show up in an indie bundle.

I bought Rochard from the recent Steam daily deal, its a bummer that it showed up in an indie bundle so soon afterwards. Still went ahead and got HIB 6 for Vessel and Dustforce though

picked up bta for 4.96. only had vessel (wife and I both wanted it so gave in against my better judgement and bought it on sale during summer sale) damn my impatience bites me in the ass sometimes. going back to my mantra, no more indie games purchased outside of bundles. :lol:

[quote name='seamoss']I think most people either have Dustforce already or don't want it, which is unusual for the BTA game in an HIB. I put in $6 for it, but I doubt it'll get much lower than it is right now. Historically, the average just keeps going up after the first hour or two.[/QUOTE]

Not sure why you'd think that since Dustforce hasn't been in a bundle.

I only own Torchlight, so this is an easy one for me.

[quote name='N3UROP0D']Right, and paying more raises the average price, this isn't indie royale where paying more lowers the price for everyone else. Although for now, the price is holding steady despite those generous chaps.

And I actually am a Linux fan and I'm glad it's getting more games, but I don't really use it for gaming.[/QUOTE]

Oops, I was treating it like Indie Royale.

Sorry, just hopped back to PC gaming a couple months ago, so I haven't gotten used to all the different bundles.

This is a fantastic bundle! Torchlight I already own but was looking to get vessel and dustforce (knew it'd be in one these bundles eventually.)

only games i didn't own are shattered, dustforce, rochard, and vessel

they all look cool and all support the 360 controller so i'll bite @ 5.50 or whatever

Dustforce doesn't interest me and I already have Torchlight and Shatter, but the soundtracks alone are worth chipping in for and hopefully they add more games later. I didn't get the last bundle so any of those would be great.

[quote name='pasolini']Got it, though I'm wondering how I managed to miss Humble Bundle V? I can't keep up with all these bundles![/QUOTE]

Yeah.. how did you miss Humble Bundle V? That was the best Humble Bundle yet lol.

Good lord, didn't we JUST have a bundle a week or two ago? I haven't even gotten around to playing anything from that yet besides World of Goo :lol:

Right, and paying more raises the average price, this isn't indie royale where paying more lowers the price for everyone else. Although for now, the price is holding steady despite those generous chaps.

I usually try to throw at least $10-$15 or so into every humble bundle. Between supporting the Child's Play Charity (screw the EFF) and how awesome Jeff Rosen is at customer service I feel guilty that I don't pay more, as opposed to the Indie Royale bundle where I rarely pay more than the minimum.

Picked up the BTA for $6. Great bundle for me since I only have Shatter on PSN. Like somebody said above, the Shatter soundtrack is awesome too!

[quote name='rcerboss']Good lord, didn't we JUST have a bundle a week or two ago? I haven't even gotten around to playing anything from that yet besides World of Goo :lol:[/QUOTE]

Humble can do a legit bundle every week for all I care. Not that android nonsense though.

[quote name='Preedatore']Humble can do a legit bundle every week for all I care. Not that android nonsense though.[/QUOTE]
Oh come on, World of Goo alone was worth it. I didn't even know that was available for Droid...

[quote name='TheLongshot']Not sure why you'd think that since Dustforce hasn't been in a bundle.

I only own Torchlight, so this is an easy one for me.[/QUOTE]
Well, I think he means that most people who wanted it bought it out right. I almost did but I have a backlog problem so I waited. I'm glad I did.

[quote name='rcerboss']Oh come on, World of Goo alone was worth it. I didn't even know that was available for Droid...[/QUOTE]

I guess it's personal opinion on that one. If I had the choice between Steam games on my PC or Android games on a phone/tablet, give me PC games all day.

[quote name='Preedatore']I guess it's personal opinion on that one. If I had the choice between Steam games on my PC or Android games on a phone/tablet, give me PC games all day.[/QUOTE]
I disagree... did you try to play that tower defense game (the reverse one where you attack towers) Anomaly on pc? The controls were terrible. On the tablet it's streamlined and a LOT of fun. I almost didn't try it because of how disappointing the pc version was.

[quote name='Preedatore']I guess it's personal opinion on that one. If I had the choice between Steam games on my PC or Android games on a phone/tablet, give me PC games all day.[/QUOTE]
It came with a Steam key...
In fact, I'm pretty sure all of them came with Steam keys except Canabalt. I don't have any sort of Tablet, just a Droid smartphone, so I have to play a lot of these games on Steam.

The Shatter Soundtrack is much better than it has any right to be since it's just a video game.

When I put my music on random (10k songs deep), I'll get a Shatter song every so often and look to see who it is due to its impressiveness.

It's tops right below Katamari and Bastion.

[quote name='rcerboss']It came with a Steam key...
In fact, I'm pretty sure all of them came with Steam keys except Canabalt. I don't have any sort of Tablet, just a Droid smartphone, so I have to play a lot of these games on Steam.[/QUOTE]

That's fair then. I guess I saw Android and shut off my brain instead of getting all the details.

Can anyone comment on whether or not the Xbox controller works for:

Dustforce
Rochard
Vessel

I already own the other 3 so i'm deciding whether or not it's worth beating the average for these 3.

[quote name='daminion']Can anyone comment on whether or not the Xbox controller works for:

Dustforce
Rochard
Vessel

I already own the other 3 so i'm deciding whether or not it's worth beating the average for these 3.[/QUOTE]

Yes, it does. It needs to be configured for Dustforce, but works without configuration required for Rochard and Vessel.

[quote name='rcerboss']It came with a Steam key...
In fact, I'm pretty sure all of them came with Steam keys except Canabalt. I don't have any sort of Tablet, just a Droid smartphone, so I have to play a lot of these games on Steam.[/QUOTE]

I'm playing them on PC for now, but it's great to have them available for the tablet I'll likely end up getting at some point. There is some good gaming there for times when I'm not around my PC.

Nice, at one time or another I have contemplated purchasing all of these games, but I only ever pulled the trigger on Shatter (and that's was on the PS3) so instant BTA purchase for me.

Finally received the Humble Bundle email alert! hehe! 3 hours after bundle went live and i already purchased my copy. hehe!

[quote name='daminion']Can anyone comment on whether or not the Xbox controller works for:

Dustforce
Rochard
Vessel

I already own the other 3 so i'm deciding whether or not it's worth beating the average for these 3.[/QUOTE]

Rochard is XBOX controller compatible and plays well.

[quote name='tpatricio']Even better than the HIB 5[/QUOTE]
wtf are you smoking?! I think V had Amnesia, Bastion, Psychonauts, Limbo, Lone Survivor...to each their own I guess.

I wish this one had To The Moon. Only other indie game I can think of I wanted to try.

Dustforce, SPAZ, and Shatter can now be redeemed on the Ubuntu Software Center. Torchlight will be available soon.

[quote name='ShockandAww']I wish this one had To The Moon. Only other indie game I can think of I wanted to try.[/QUOTE]

There's always the bonus!

[quote name='tpatricio']Even better than the HIB 5[/QUOTE]

I agree completely. Bastion was the only real stand-out game in HIB5.

Unfortunately I already own 4 of the 6 games in this bundle. But I guess it's good to have DRM free copies of the games.

[quote name='louiedog']HIB bundles are pay-what-you-want and all games are DRM free as direct downloads for PC, Mac, and Linux. Steam keys are included with purchases of $1+.

Soundtracks are included for all except Vessel. Dustforce, SPAZ, Shatter, and (soon) Torchlight are redeemable on the Ubuntu Software Center.

Games:
  • Rochard
  • Shatter
  • Space Pirates & Zombies
  • Torchlight
  • Vessel

Beat the average to get:
  • Dustforce

https://www.humblebundle.com/[/QUOTE]

BTW louie, how did you know the line-up before it launched?

[quote name='rcerboss']Good lord, didn't we JUST have a bundle a week or two ago?[/QUOTE]

I feel as though many others are using bundles to throw a bunch of things that don't stand on their own into a pot and making a middling stew of them, and the Humble bundles are a nice change from what has become the norm.

[quote name='The End']I agree completely. Bastion was the only real stand-out game in HIB5.

Unfortunately I already own 4 of the 6 games in this bundle. But I guess it's good to have DRM free copies of the games.

BTW louie, how did you know the line-up before it launched?[/QUOTE]

The HIB registry updates with a list of the games before the bundle launches.

[quote name='11440']I feel as though many others are using bundles to throw a bunch of things that don't stand on their own into a pot and making a middling stew of them, and the Humble bundles are a nice change from what has become the norm.[/QUOTE]

Eh, this is only true if you don't keep up with Indie games alot. HIB5 was great, this one is has a lot of stuff that has been out or on sale alot. Other bundles highlight games that aren't necessarily as heralded, but still as good IMO.

[quote name='The End']BTW louie, how did you know the line-up before it launched?[/QUOTE]

The Steam registry. There's a file in your Steam folder that gets updated in the background throughout the day. It's ClientRegistry.blob. In it is the database of items available on Steam. Items get added to Steam anywhere from just before release to months before landing on the store. The listing for these bundles can go live a day or even a couple of weeks before it launches, but they only update the games included about an hour or two before to keep it a secret.

People like to keep an eye on it because it's a good way to find games that haven't been announced for Steam, betas, etc.

There's software out there that can read it and a couple of people have put up websites that allow you to view it, like this one.

bread's done
Back