Humble Indie Bundle 6: 5/10 games - Wizorb, BT Runner, Jamestown, Space Battles added

louiedog

CAGiversary!
Feedback
56 (100%)
HIB bundles are pay-what-you-want and all games are DRM free as direct downloads for PC, Mac, and Linux. Steam keys are included with purchases of $1+. There is one Steam key for the main bundle, one for beating the average, and one for future bonuses.

Soundtracks are included for all except Vessel. Dustforce, SPAZ, Shatter, and (soon) Torchlight are redeemable on the Ubuntu Software Center.

Remember, you can always add money later if you're not sure that you want to beat the average now. The average when you first pay is the one you have to beat, even if the price is higher when you decide to. Future bonuses should be given to all who purchased the bundle up to that point, regardless of price paid, but people who buy in after any future additions may have to beat the average to get them.

Games:
  • Rochard
  • Shatter
  • Space Pirates & Zombies
  • Torchlight
  • Vessel

Beat the average to get:
  • Dustforce
  • BIT.TRIP RUNNER*
  • Gratuitous Space Battles*
  • Jamestown*
  • Wizorb*

* Bonus games. If you purchased the bundle prior to 10 AM PST on 9/25 you get these games regardless of price paid

https://www.humblebundle.com/

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure if anyone noticed, but it [checkout @ humble site] said that I wouldn't get additional copies (if I already owned games) to be used as gifts. I thought I read that. Well anyway, I did have TL already and just noticed there is one in my gifts inventory now... so guess someone getting a gift.

[quote name='mutantchipmunk']say if its $5.59 to get all 6, do you get the steam keys as well or do you have to pay a dollar more.[/QUOTE]

I believe $1 gets you steam keys and anything above will too. So $5.59 will get you steam keys for all the games. Assuming that beats the average.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Shatter. Sold.[/QUOTE]

Good! I have played more Breakout clones than I can list and was really burned out on them. then I picked up Shatter a couple of years ago and was really impressed with the gameplay and neat, small touches. Very fun, and a definite recommend if any of you are on the fence about it.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Eh, this is only true if you don't keep up with Indie games alot. HIB5 was great, this one is has a lot of stuff that has been out or on sale alot. Other bundles highlight games that aren't necessarily as heralded, but still as good IMO.[/QUOTE]

They may well be as good, but when I am presented with a list of games all of which I don't recognize made by people all of whom I don't recognize, it's a bit unappealing. Even if the bundle costs only a few dollars, I want to have some sense of what I'm getting before I buy, and being totally unfamiliar with a bundle's contents causes me to lose interest.

Humble has smartly built itself into a brand: Fairly or not, when I see a game in a Humble bundle that I don't recognize, I give it the benefit of the doubt because it has the Humble imprimatur. It helps that there are usually two or three games in each bundle that I recognize, and I consider the other games as having legitimacy by association.

It may be unfair (and my loss) for me to dismiss other bundles without giving them due consideration, but I don't want spend a lot of time researching the games in them.

Definitely getting this- even though I probably shouldn't. Most of these games are going to go unplayed for a while- have quite a few STeam games in my backlog.

Didn't get the 5th bundle because I owned most of the games- but it was a good bundle. Also didn't get the first either- because I didn't know about it at the time.

Wonder if they'll add any more bonus games later. Seems like they always do.

Couldn't get away from work obligations to check any early than just now -- fortunately I have no interest in Dust Force so I can cheap out!

I'm a bit torn on this one. To go average or not.

I already own Rochard, Shatter and Torchlight, I have no interest in SPAZ so the only game in the basic bundle that I actually want is Vessel. I have a slight interest in Dustforce, but I have really no idea if I like it or not, so I'm not sure it's worth it to me for the $3-4 I would need to pay extra for it. Not really a fan of challenging platformers, or challenging games in general for that matter, and I already got the soundtrack for the game for free (it's alright, very mellow so don't go expect any catchy tunes).

Fine bundle if you don't have anything, but the game selection doesn't really fit my interests.

[quote name='Tygamr']Definitely getting this- even though I probably shouldn't. Most of these games are going to go unplayed for a while- have quite a few STeam games in my backlog.

Didn't get the 5th bundle because I owned most of the games- but it was a good bundle. Also didn't get the first either- because I didn't know about it at the time.

Wonder if they'll add any more bonus games later. Seems like they always do.[/QUOTE]

The good news is that there's already a listing in the Steam registry for a bonus. No idea what it is yet though.

[quote name='OregonDealz']Not sure if anyone noticed, but it [checkout @ humble site] said that I wouldn't get additional copies (if I already owned games) to be used as gifts. I thought I read that. Well anyway, I did have TL already and just noticed there is one in my gifts inventory now... so guess someone getting a gift.[/QUOTE]
Same thing happened to me.

Already owned Torchlight but didn't get an additional gift copy. No biggie since most everyone I know already owns it.

[quote name='Mooby']Already owned Torchlight but didn't get an additional gift copy. No biggie since most everyone I know already owns it.[/QUOTE]
Try restarting Steam. I noticed it after I did this.

[quote name='Mooby']Already owned Torchlight but didn't get an additional gift copy. No biggie since most everyone I know already owns it.[/QUOTE]

Ya wasn't there right away, but when i restarted steam it showed up.

Since someone asked earlier, I asked a HIB customer support person via chat about the keys and they said this:

(Assuming you beat the average):

(1) Dustforce key
(1) Unified key for the rest of the games

You will not receive duplicates of the game if you already own the game on Steam when you register the unified key.

[quote name='OregonDealz']Not sure if anyone noticed, but it [checkout @ humble site] said that I wouldn't get additional copies (if I already owned games) to be used as gifts. I thought I read that. Well anyway, I did have TL already and just noticed there is one in my gifts inventory now... so guess someone getting a gift.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that happens with Torchlight- some Steam games will give extra copies if you already own the game. Already have a few extra copies of this game.

[quote name='louiedog']The Steam registry. There's a file in your Steam folder that gets updated in the background throughout the day. It's ClientRegistry.blob. In it is the database of items available on Steam. Items get added to Steam anywhere from just before release to months before landing on the store. The listing for these bundles can go live a day or even a couple of weeks before it launches, but they only update the games included about an hour or two before to keep it a secret.

People like to keep an eye on it because it's a good way to find games that haven't been announced for Steam, betas, etc.

There's software out there that can read it and a couple of people have put up websites that allow you to view it, like this one.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the explanation. I have, of course, heard references to things appearing in the registry on countless occasions. Up until now though, I had assumed that we learned of such things because of a few crafty hacker types. I didn't realize that this was something that pretty much anybody could do (with the right piece of software).

I was also under the impression that the folks at Humble Bundle had turned exclusively to generic registry entries after the contents of HIB4 leaked out. They of course did that initially here with HIB6, but I didn't realize that they updated it shortly before the bundle goes live. Kinda makes me wonder why they just don't do away with the generic version that they release a few days before hand and just do the full registry entry that they do an hour before launch. Perhaps they like the idea of building anticipation for a forthcoming bundle.

Yeah, I beat the average on this. Based on comments that Dustforce was a good platformer. Really wanted Rochard (almost bought during the daily the other day) and Torchlight... this way I don't feel bad about waiting for torchlight 2 to go on sale before I purchase.... Back to playing borderlands 2 I guess. :)

And yeah, I agree, hib v was better, but this aint to shabby either.

Is Dustforce good enough to 'beat the average'? It's at around $6 right now....& I have no problem paying $1 lol. I just bought ShatterW/soundtrack from Steam, due to the glowing reviews of other members on CAG, when it was on-sale for $3.74. so I'm regretting that now lol. If I get the bundle I'll probably put Shatter on Steamgifts.

I wonder also, if you don't pay $1 or more and they don't give you the Steam keys, do they just give you standalone downloads for each game?

I want to beat the average but it's just not worth it to me right now. Do they usually release more games if you beat the average? Sometimes they don't and sometimes they do, so if you guys can't change my mind i'll just stick to $1.

[quote name='kleant24']I want to beat the average but it's just not worth it to me right now. Do they usually release more games if you beat the average? Sometimes they don't and sometimes they do, so if you guys can't change my mind i'll just stick to $1.[/QUOTE]

If they release any more games, you'll get them since you have already purchased. You only have to BTA if you haven't bought it before the extra games release.

There's pretty much always been 'bonus games' added and, in fact, there is a Steam registry entry for bonus games in HB6. You don't have to beat the average to get those games so long as you buy it before they release them.

[quote name='NeoGutsman']Since someone asked earlier, I asked a HIB customer support person via chat about the keys and they said this:

(Assuming you beat the average):

(1) Dustforce key
(1) Unified key for the rest of the games

You will not receive duplicates of the game if you already own the game on Steam when you register the unified key.[/QUOTE]

So if you go under the average you receive duplicates? Can anyone answer this? I'd like to give away Shatter.

kleant24 - I'm with you atm.

edit: ^thanks y'all. & I checked the FAQ, so you can't give away any of the games, that sucks. Just BTA, didn't know you could add money afterwards...smh

I don't think Humble has ever given away individual game keys. They just split it up via base, beat-the-average content, and bonus content. Bottom line: If you want Dustforce you might as well get in now because the average price probably isn't going down. If you don't want Dustforce just buy it for whatever you want ($1 min for Steam keys) and you'll still get the as-of-yet released bonus content. Once the content is announced, however, you'll have to beat the average.

[quote name='Arubabr']Glad I didn't bought Rochard in the last steam daily deal :)[/QUOTE]

Yeah me too. Also glad I didn't grab Vessel, either. Good reviews tempted me to get them but I decided to hold off. Those 2 combined with dustforce made me beat the average for this one.

[quote name='SlightlyOffTrack']I had a thought the moment I bought Shatter during Steam's last sale that it would probably be in a bundle soon. I just knew it. Oh well.[/QUOTE]

Not just Shatter, but the OST too. I was going to grab both in that sale and procrastinated too long. I think the OST with the bundle is even better than the one on Steam in that it includes FLAC (IIRC.)

[quote name='MC Kage'] If I get the bundle I'll probably put Shatter on Steamgifts.

[/QUOTE]

the bundle is all 1 key except dustforce which is separate

Couldn't wait to pick up the new bundle once I got the e-mail this afternoon. The only game in this pack I'd even heard of is Torchlight. I'm very interested in trying out Vessel once it is coded for Mac.

Here's hoping they add some more games like last time.

Already own Rochard on PS3, and Torchlight on 360, but in for the bundle so I can have them on my PC too. Love these bundles.

I already have Torchlight and Shatter (they're both dynamite) but Vessel, Rochard and SPAZ were all on my radar before I copped the bundle. I can't wait to play them several years from now.

For those who are getting extra Torchlight copies, are you sure you did not get one some other way? I have never had a HiB give me a gift of a game, and this was not an exception. Even after a restart, I did not get a gift copy (though I do not care about getting one too much either).

[quote name='pablo9000']I'd guess they preordered torchlight 2 and never realized the TL1 copy in their inventory[/QUOTE]
No, that's not what happened.

Stupid HIB making me buy stuff...and yes, they're making me because BTA is too damned tempting to pass. Might as well just call it Crack-Cocaine-For-Gamers bundle. Someone should start a petition to rename HIB "Everyone likes ice cream".

Instabought, even though I already own Torchlight and Shatter... but not on Steam, so I'll be more than happy to replay them and mop up some cheevos on the way! :applause:

Its worth the $7 I dropped on it and I need to stop buying from all these bundle sites...
Humble, IndieRoyal, IndieGala, Build A Bundle... I never freaking ends... Oh and I only have been able to play 7 of the 100 games I have thus far...

[quote name='CIitCommander']Its worth the $7 I dropped on it and I need to stop buying from all these bundle sites...
Humble, IndieRoyal, IndieGala, Build A Bundle... I never freaking ends... Oh and I only have been able to play 7 of the 100 games I have thus far...[/QUOTE]

Only 100? You're off to a good start. The real game is collecting them.

bread's done
Back