Humble Indie Bundle 7 - Offspring Fling, Cave Story+, Basement Collection added!

scoi007

CAGiversary!
HIB bundles are pay-what-you-want and all games are DRM free as direct downloads for PC, Mac, and Linux. Steam keys are included with purchases of $1+. HIB is now giving a Steam key for each individual game, but keys are still meant for personal use only.

Soundtracks are included for all except Binding of Isaac.

Remember, you can always add money later if you're not sure that you want to beat the average now. The average when you first pay is the one you have to beat, even if the price is higher when you decide to. Future bonuses should be given to all who purchased the bundle up to that point, regardless of price paid, but people who buy in after any future additions may have to beat the average to get them.

http://www.humblebundle.com

Games:
Snapshot
Binding of Isaac + Wrath of the Lamb DLC
Closure
Shank 2 [Mac version currently in Beta]

Movie:
Indie Game: The Movie [stream + download]

Beat the Average:
Dungeon Defenders + DLC
Legend of Grimrock
*The Basement Collection
*Offspring Fling
*Cave Story+

* Added to bundle. All bundle purchases before their addition, regardless of price paid, will receive these.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='spoderman']Next Humble Bundle is going to be another Mojam, starts tomorrow.

http://www.mojang.com/2013/02/mojam-is-happening-tomorrow-help-inspire-us/[/QUOTE]

But... is this an "official" Humble Bundle? I mean, will it be the Humble Bundle 8 or another type of HIB? Just out of curiosity...

Anyway, I chose "Robot" and "Surgery": I want to be a mecha-nic who fixes giant robots that reckless hot-blooded pilots mess up during their battles. Make that for me!

[quote name='Junpei']But... is this an "official" Humble Bundle? I mean, will it be the Humble Bundle 8 or another type of HIB? Just out of curiosity...

Anyway, I chose "Robot" and "Surgery": I want to be a mecha-nic who fixes giant robots that reckless hot-blooded pilots mess up during their battles. Make that for me![/QUOTE]

It's not a numbered bundle, but I would consider it "official" since its part of the "Humble Bundle" name. I'm sure there will be a Humble Bundle 8 in the future, this has nothing to do with that. It's another type of Humble Bundle, but personally my least favorite.

[quote name='poxi']Humble Bundle Mojam 2 is live.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'll be passing on that. The last one was crap. I mean if people want to give money to charity then give money to charity but some crappy game thrown together in a weekend that's worse than most free flash games to me isn't worth it just because it has the Mojam and Humble Bundle names on it.

Was that gun game from Wolffire part of the last one? I almost regret not getting that for a penny.

For all the disappointing vaporware tier work on Overgrowth (Lugaru HD HD more like.) they do know how to throw at least an interesting looking game together for indie devs.

Ah, I usually toss a dollar to those people outside a store asking for donations, so i figured to do the same here and get a few free games. Plus I get to see how talented people are with a limited amount of time. No lost in my book if they are complete crap!

[quote name='Manifest95']Ah, I usually toss a dollar to those people outside a store asking for donations, so i figured to do the same here and get a few free games. Plus I get to see how talented people are with a limited amount of time. No lost in my book if they are complete crap![/QUOTE]

Same thing I did last time and this time. Throw in a charity dollar and see what rough demos they come up with. Last time I as naive enough to think they might put together something somewhat entertaining. Didn't happen.

[quote name='PetersHere']Cool! Crap bundle ahead! All that waiting... For this! Nice...[/QUOTE]

This is going to be like that one Christmas that I asked for the Green Ranger, and Got Billy. Thanks Mom and Dad...

Put in a buck last time thinking they might toss in some completed games (didn't really expect it, though). Never played any of the stuff they made. Probably skipping this one. Hopefully they put on an actual bundle soon and don't have another gimmick one after this.

[quote name='UnicornBang']This is going to be like that one Christmas that I asked for the Green Ranger, and Got Billy. Thanks Mom and Dad...[/QUOTE]

What do you have against Billy?!?!?

[quote name='gotdott']What do you have against Billy?!?!?[/QUOTE]

Worst original Ranger period. There is no question. Alpha could have kicked more ass.

Hmmm, this probably means that they won't be launching the rumored Humble Android 5 this week.

They have run consecutive bundles in the past. But since the Wolfire people are taking part in the Mojam challenge, they're probably gonna be too busy to mind the shop while a new bundle launches.

[quote name='Mooby']Here's hoping. I'm actually starting to run out of stuff to play.[/QUOTE]

Tell me you're joking?!?

...or at least really really selective?

Another entry in the How to Half Make a Rudimentary Game-Like Thing series of video instructionals. I get that the final product is not the point of these jams, but what is the value of showing the process when what's being produced is rubbish?

[quote name='RollingSkull']Normal indie games are terrible enough. Who wants RUSHED indie games? That's like asking to lose TWICE.[/QUOTE]

If you were talking about Xbox indie games, I'd agree, but PC has tons of amazing games that come from indie devs. Just ask Cheapy how he feels about FTL. :)

[quote name='Dezuria']If you were talking about Xbox indie games, I'd agree, but PC has tons of amazing games that come from indie devs. Just ask Cheapy how he feels about FTL. :)[/QUOTE]

That wasn't made in three days. We'll see nothing of that caliber.

I can't wait to see what distorted ball shooting platforming roguelike they come up with! I felt a bit deceived last year. They asked you to vote for the type of game they would make, but really what they ended up making was just whatever they were able to make function in those few days.

[quote name='Dezuria']If you were talking about Xbox indie games, I'd agree, but PC has tons of amazing games that come from indie devs. Just ask Cheapy how he feels about FTL. :)[/QUOTE]
I wouldn't go that far.

That said, FTL was made by a real indie game studio that clearly understands what a real game is and, yet, even though they can only make indie games, their work shows the latent talent needed to someday make a real game, some time in the far future.

The losers we have working here? And in three days? Please. I hope you're ready for your retro pixel randomly generated adventures. Only Wolfire stands a chance of making something that doesn't remove value from society and even then I wouldn't bet on them.

Only Wolfire stands a chance of making something that doesn't remove value from society and even then I wouldn't bet on them.
Wolfire needs to stop doing all of these jam sessions and speaking engagements. I put down $30 for Overgrowth back in 2009, and have technically been waiting on the game since 2006, yet nothing has surfaced. They do offer weekly alphas, but there's no real way gauge just how far along they are with the game (especially since they keep going back to tweak older ideas), and alot of their time seems to be involved with all of these indie get-togethers, making comics, etc. I think they are abusing the principle behind "it will be done when it's done."

Overgrowth coming in the Fall... of 2017. In a way they're sort of like Valve. The revenue they generate from HIB (they still get the 'tips') and the percentage I'm sure they get through selling other indies via the Humble Store has given them such a cushion that they aren't under any massive pressure to release it.

[quote name='The End']Holy Cow, somebody donated one hundred thousand.[/QUOTE]

Although it was done anonymously I'm guessing it is probably Notch considering the two charities are EFF (which is more of a political action committee than a charity) and Notch's own start up charity Block-by-Block. Tax shelters 4tw!

Or Bronies? Though I would think if it was Bronies they'd want it known so they can get into a donation war again with Notch.

I would be surprised if they mustered $100,000 even all together. Their past donations have been lower than $10kish or so if I recall right. The amount is just too much to be a third party. Depending on how the transaction was made I'm assuming Paypal or Amazon payments or someone would take a chunk out of that. Maybe not. Just seems like there are better way to go about donating that kind of money versus website transactions. It's also sort of free advertising for Notch/Mojang: 'ZOMG did you hear, someone just donated $100k on this indie bundle thing.'

That said, I'm not sure what good publicity does Mojang. Did they ever even technically finish Minecraft? And are they really making any headway on their new games?

[quote name='iamsmart']Wolfire needs to stop doing all of these jam sessions and speaking engagements. I put down $30 for Overgrowth back in 2009, and have technically been waiting on the game since 2006, yet nothing has surfaced. They do offer weekly alphas, but there's no real way gauge just how far along they are with the game (especially since they keep going back to tweak older ideas), and alot of their time seems to be involved with all of these indie get-togethers, making comics, etc. I think they are abusing the principle behind "it will be done when it's done."[/QUOTE]

And after all that time it STILL is barely more than Lugaru with bloom.

In your defense, indie developers were not so obviously awful then as they are now.

When people bad mouth publishers, I can't help but think of these manchildren endlessly distracted by shiny objects. At least publishers crack the whip on people like this.

bread's done
Back