Humble Indie Bundle 7 - Offspring Fling, Cave Story+, Basement Collection added!

scoi007

CAGiversary!
HIB bundles are pay-what-you-want and all games are DRM free as direct downloads for PC, Mac, and Linux. Steam keys are included with purchases of $1+. HIB is now giving a Steam key for each individual game, but keys are still meant for personal use only.

Soundtracks are included for all except Binding of Isaac.

Remember, you can always add money later if you're not sure that you want to beat the average now. The average when you first pay is the one you have to beat, even if the price is higher when you decide to. Future bonuses should be given to all who purchased the bundle up to that point, regardless of price paid, but people who buy in after any future additions may have to beat the average to get them.

http://www.humblebundle.com

Games:
Snapshot
Binding of Isaac + Wrath of the Lamb DLC
Closure
Shank 2 [Mac version currently in Beta]

Movie:
Indie Game: The Movie [stream + download]

Beat the Average:
Dungeon Defenders + DLC
Legend of Grimrock
*The Basement Collection
*Offspring Fling
*Cave Story+

* Added to bundle. All bundle purchases before their addition, regardless of price paid, will receive these.

Last edited by a moderator:
With the Holiday hoopla, I missed this topic and email on the latest HB. Just jumped on it a bit ago and gave just a tiny bit above the average. Great list of games, none of which I already have on Steam. Really excited to see the Indie Game Movie documentary....looks really interesting to me. Great stuff!

But haven't seen anything about a bonus game being added to the bundle when I purchased. Maybe tomorrow?

[quote name='ultra64']It's updated! The Basement Collection, Offspring Fling, and Cave Story + :applause:[/QUOTE]

I already have Cave Story from a previous HIB but the Basement Collection and Offspring Fling are both welcome additions to the bundle

Oh man! I should really stop buying indie games individually. Bought basement collection the last time i went on sale. Oh well

NICE! Basement collection and especially Cave Story!!! :)
An extra key for Offspring Fling could come into good use later on if need be since I already own it but it's a fun little game i'd recommend checking it out.

This is awesome, I was about 5 seconds away from buying the Basement Collection yesterday and finally decided against it.

I just went back to my emails to finds tons of extra games i did not claim for the past 4 indie bundles!

[quote name='akmgmer']This is awesome, I was about 5 seconds away from buying the Basement Collection yesterday and finally decided against it.[/QUOTE]

These bundles are made to help support indie developers and whatnot, but due to them, I'll probably never buy another indie outside of these bundles, unless it's really good, and really cheap. I mean, what's the point? I've wasted money on indie games that I still haven't played, that have been a part of these bundles. This very bundle has two games I have. The last had like six in one bundle that I already had, and still haven't played.

[quote name='PetersHere']These bundles are made to help support indie developers and whatnot, but due to them, I'll probably never buy another indie outside of these bundles, unless it's really good, and really cheap. I mean, what's the point? I've wasted money on indie games that I still haven't played, that have been a part of these bundles[/QUOTE]
I feel the same. I'll only buy them if they're really good and I know that I'll play them straight away.

If it makes you feel better, you could always just give that money to charity. If I already paid for a game from a developer, I'll decrease their share of the payment - one of the nice things about Humble Bundle.

As someone who does not PC game often and never done a HumbleBundle before I have some questions. First, all the direct downloads play the game straight from your computer right? Second if I already have a game like Binding of Issac but this bundle gives me a Steam Key could I give that key to my brother for the game? I know it says personal use. I am not looking to sell the key just give it to my brother.

[quote name='cancerman1120']As someone who does not PC game often and never done a HumbleBundle before I have some questions. First, all the direct downloads play the game straight from your computer right? Second if I already have a game like Binding of Issac but this bundle gives me a Steam Key could I give that key to my brother for the game? I know it says personal use. I am not looking to sell the key just give it to my brother.[/QUOTE]

The steam key can be used on any steam account. I've only played my humble bundle games through steam so I can't answer your first question though.

[quote name='DemonsMaster']The steam key can be used on any steam account. I've only played my humble bundle games through steam so I can't answer your first question though.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I will most likely play them through Steam also so I am just wondering if I should waste the bandwidth at the HumbleBundle downloading the DRM free versions.

I download all the DRM-free versions from the HB site and put them on a flash drive. That way I can install the games wherever I go or share them with friends and family if they want to try them.

[quote name='bob_793']Any takes on Hawx? Played the first one on the xbox and it was pretty fun.[/QUOTE]

It was an unusual choice for an indie bundle, but I'll give it a try,

[quote name='The End']Pretty sure bob_793 posted his message in the wrong thread and Woodlands was just having a little fun with it.[/QUOTE]
One can hope. :whistle2:#

[quote name='The End']Pretty sure bob_793 posted his message in the wrong thread and Woodlands was just having a little fun with it.[/QUOTE]

... or it could be the next "Gamersgate Free Game Of The Day!"

[quote name='momouchi']What bundle is HAWX in?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Detruire']I'd like to know, too.[/QUOTE]

It wasn't. I was pulling his leg for posting in the wrong thread. :roll:

I have a steam code for Cave Story+, PM me if you want it, first person to PM me can have it.
EDIT: GONE

If anyone has an extra code for Dungeon Defenders, they can also PM me and I'll gladly accept it. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Really want these games, but $6.60+ seems like an awful lot when a Steam Holiday sale is going on...

Decisions decisions...

[quote name='jkimrey']Really want these games, but $6.60+ seems like an awful lot when a Steam Holiday sale is going on...

Decisions decisions...[/QUOTE]

wait, wut?

[quote name='jkimrey']Really want these games, but $6.60+ seems like an awful lot when a Steam Holiday sale is going on...

If you think you can get all of these for cheaper than that on the Steam sale, well go ahead and try...

Also if you can live without Grimrock, DD and the bonuses you can get the rest all for $1.

Haha. I know.

I'm just saying, for about the same amount, I can get The Witcher 2, which I'm more than likely to play.

Not that there aren't good Indie games, but with my backlog, I don't get to many.

[quote name='BernardoOne']wait, wut?[/QUOTE]

Roughly $0.74 a game... "seems like an awful lot"?

You should probably just head to Target with a sledgehammer.

Lol. They're selling the games you can get for $1 total for $2.50 on the great Steam sale. $6.50ish for all of those games is a better deal than you will EVER see anywhere.

[quote name='jkimrey']Haha. Probably not the highlight of my CAG posts. Can we just let it die guys? ;)[/QUOTE]

Well I was just about to write an eloquent post in your defense. But since you just want to let it die...

Too bad though. It would have brought a tear to your eye.

I jumped on this the other day just for grimrock and the DD DLC. I doubt my laptop will even run grimrock but I want it for my future pc.

Looking ast the videos for cave story and some of the others I got in the bundle... Yeah I got my moneys worth.

I was about to buy Offspring Fling and Basement Collection during the Steam BF/Holiday sales, glad I didn't.

[quote name='DrummerX']The Offspring Fling dude looks like Kirby ate a Pikachu. It's a little creepy.[/QUOTE]

When I met the guy who made this game at PAX this year, he said the art style was probably influenced by Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island, so there's an interesting tidbit for ya.

Great additions to the bundle I just jumped in. Saw this early but passed on original offering. $6.63 is a great deal, all to developers and 4 pennies to Humble that's how I roll. :)

I have Steam codes for the following I'm willing to part with:

Offspring Fling
Indie Game: The Movie

PM me if you're interested in them. Thank you.

If anyone wants Shank 2, let me know. I already have it on XBL and I don't plan on playing it on my PC.

I got a Portal 2 Steam Voucher for anyone willing to pay the minimum (to unlock ALL games) for the HUmble Indie Bundle 7 (I have zero paypal right now so money is tight)

PM me if anyones interested.

[quote name='Rollobobo']I got a Portal 2 Steam Voucher for anyone willing to pay the minimum (to unlock ALL games) for the HUmble Indie Bundle 7 (I have zero paypal right now so money is tight)

PM me if anyones interested.[/QUOTE]

Do you mean a Portal 2 Steam Key? Or that voucher that came with the PS3 version? You need a PSN account and physical game disc to unlock that one I believe.

Also are you asking for a minimum ($1) bundle or a Beat the Average bundle (Getting you the bonus games)? Those are two different things.

Lastly, there is a Steam Group Buy thread where most people do their trading, so you should post this there instead.

bread's done
Back