Humble Origin Bundle - Steam keys - 8/22: C&C Red Alert 3 Uprising and Populous added

louiedog

CAGiversary!
Feedback
56 (100%)
$1+
  • Dead Space
  • Burnout Paradise: Ultimate Box
  • Crysis 2 Maximum Edition
  • Mirror's Edge
  • Dead Space 3 - Origin only
  • Medal of Honor

Beat the Average
  • Battlefield 3 - Origin only
  • The Sims 3 + Starter Pack - Origin Only
  • C&C: Red Alert 3 - Uprising*
  • Populous* - Origin Only
*Included for all purchases, regardless of price, made before 11 AM PST on 8/22.

Steam keys are provided unless otherwise noted. All games are on Origin. Keys are individual for each game on both platforms.

The money in this bundle goes to charity, not Origin/EA.

https://www.humblebundle.com/

Last edited by a moderator:
People like Origin CS because they'll bribe you with free stuff when they screw up. Not saying that's an unreasonable basis for liking them but it is what it is~
Well Amazon does this too...and I also love Amazon CS. What can I say, I like companies to pamper me :oops:

I'm resisting te urge to buy fifa 12. I really want a soccer game, but don't want to pay the asking price for fifa 13 ($10 I believe)
Hold off. FIFA 14 is out 9/24. Once that comes out FIFA 13 should drop in price. It's not a huge upgrade over 12, but it's still a bit nicer.

I actually agree w/ this.

I've dealt a few times w/ EA and Origin CS - and yeah, when I had problems, they went the extra mile to try to sort them out.

I bought Dead Space 2 for $25 (like a few weeks after its PC release) during a Flash Sale and it was in the cart at that price - got billed for $50. Called up EA's CS - they refunded a good deal of my money and took an extra $5 off on the price to give it to me for $20 total just b/c they thought it might've been a "hassle" of calling. Fantastic. :D

Also, I actually activated over Origin a key for Bulletstorm PC - but, I selected the Japan version. I bothered CS, they pulled the game out of my account; gave me a new Bulletstorm PC key; and I activated a key and selected USA version this time. :D

About Amazon CS - one time, I had a MP3 coupon code for $3 that didn't work. My stupid-ness and they pointed it out - the code expired. They decided to give me a $3 MP3 credit anyways - how nice of them! :D
amazon cs i agree i accidently last decemeber brought the wrong 2k superstragety pack with civ god and kings and they give me refund and giive me to use on the right one just had to call them but that it tho i want to know if the accident key will ever be revoke since 2k and amazon wont tell me i dont want to lose those games so it sad i cant give or keep

Since the origin sale is going on if anyone is interested I have a 15% off code from origin CS since I had to change my origin e-mail yesterday, there is a few things it won't work on though.

The code can be used to make purchases through Origin with the following exceptions – the code cannot be used to purchase virtual currency, BF 3 Premium and Bf 3 Premium Edition, placing pre-orders, third party games, DLC’s already on sale items and games released within last 30 days.

If you're interested you can pm me.

They probably gave Tebow a refund because they had no flipping clue what the hell he was talking about.

I should try that some time.

amnizun i buht gam but tz borkin cen i hav rifound plz

To try to mooch for Magika, or to not try to mooch for Magika, that is not the question, the question is why does everyone hate the game? Besides frequent sales of course

People like Origin CS because they'll bribe you with free stuff when they screw up. Not saying that's an unreasonable basis for liking them but it is what it is~
I dunno, MS is rather warm to me, I got refunded 800mp because i bought it for that price (then went to S&S app) and accidentally re-purchased it for 560mp. Surprising to say, every good CS I've had is when women are behind it (or female names) Amazon really screwed the pooch and labelled I had a missing cable, but It was all there. Got the difference from acceptable to like new, it was a good day

I dunno, MS is rather warm to me, I got refunded 800mp because i bought it for that price (then went to S&S app) and accidentally re-purchased it for 560mp. Surprising to say, every good CS I've had is when women are behind it (or female names) Amazon really screwed the pooch and labelled I had a missing cable, but It was all there. Got the difference from acceptable to like new, it was a good day
You should have heard my CS experience with Best Buy awhile back. The rep sounded like a sweet old southern belle grandma, and I basically had to explain what video games were to her for her to have any idea about what my issue was.

lol. I don't think I've ever gotten anything free from Origin CS. They give you 15% off coupons every time, but those are useless. I like Origin CS because when I've chatted with them with any issues (always activating something on Origin) they have gotten it activated or added to my account with no issue.

I heard Amazon gives people credit alot, but I rarely have them just give me free stuff for no reason. They've gone above and beyond at times, but usually don't just throw credit at me.

I've had Origin give me something free before. I was trying to activate a boxed copy of Sims 2 University, but they didn't have that available, so he added the University Life bundle to my account, which included some extra stuff on top of University.

I think that was pretty cool.

lol. I don't think I've ever gotten anything free from Origin CS. They give you 15% off coupons every time, but those are useless. I like Origin CS because when I've chatted with them with any issues (always activating something on Origin) they have gotten it activated or added to my account with no issue.

I heard Amazon gives people credit alot, but I rarely have them just give me free stuff for no reason. They've gone above and beyond at times, but usually don't just throw credit at me.
I do have a failure story w/ Origin CS.

This was before they added Bulletstorm keys were allowed to activate-up on Origin. So, this story I'm going to briefly tell - that predates my Bulletstorm activation story from this post. Yeah, I know - another Bulletstorm customer support activation story from me. God, me and that game - issues galore w/ Origin CS, I know. ;)

Anyways...I did contact them about trying to Bulletstorm activate on Origin. It was not too longer after I bought it from Amazon, back when it was around $13 or so, whenever that was (too lazy to look into my account). They tried like Hell - for like probably a half-hour so, IIRC. They asked me for pics of the game key - so, I took a screen of it in my Origin account and blacked-out any of my other game account keys, info, and stuff of that nature. Told them my key b/c they were trying to input it into Origin - they namely said the key was in such a different format that they couldn't activate it. And they told me they just wouldn't issue me a new code. So, they were sorry and said to keep paying attention in case Bulletstorm keys can get activated there, more or less.

Of course, as you all know - they resolved this problem much later, eventually - so that Bulletstorm keys could get activated-up on Origin.

I do have a failure story w/ Origin CS.

This was before they added Bulletstorm keys were allowed to activate-up on Origin. So, this story I'm going to briefly tell - that predates my Bulletstorm activation story from this post. Yeah, I know - another Bulletstorm customer support activation story from me. God, me and that game - issues galore w/ Origin CS, I know. ;)
Well since you didn't mention DRM or Red Dead Redemption or ask if something is the lowest price you are already ahead.

yup that why they sort of did since i use 2k credit on it and they give and motoki im ignoring shut up i actually talk better write better amazon cs i dont do here cause im not losing anything except people being aholes. idiot is fine person more than the 4 assholes keep being grammar nazi and dickhole

The real thing is: now I can't access my steam inventory so I can't redeem a game I wanted to play. And there's no answer from steam CS either. If I have a problem with Origin, I can chat with someone on their support team and they may even gift me something for the trouble. Valve gives you... The finger

The real thing is: now I can't access my steam inventory so I can't redeem a game I wanted to play. And there's no answer from steam CS either. If I have a problem with Origin, I can chat with someone on their support team and they may even gift me something for the trouble. Valve gives you... The finger
At least they give it to you slowly.

To try to mooch for Magika, or to not try to mooch for Magika, that is not the question, the question is why does everyone hate the game? Besides frequent sales of course
It was extremely glitchy at launch, and still has a number of bugs.

I played through it co-op with a friend, and had a very nice time. The writing is often funny, which is enhanced by the absurd Swedish Chef language the characters speak. The combination spell system is really neat, though you'll settle into a routine fairly quickly.

I think it's a nice 4-5 hour campaign to run through with a friend.

I think most people dislike it for the frequent sales, though.

Someone donated $10,000, spiking the BTA price up to $4.87.

And Origin's CS beats Steam's non-CS to a bloody pulp. I couldn't get the BF3 alpha and beta to clear off my game list, but after 10 minutes (including waiting in chat queue) the CSR cleared everything up. I had a problem with a timed Steam sale and submitted a ticket and I got an unhelpful email reply a day later, after the sale was done. Nice. Fortunately a CAG had hooked me up and I'd been able to get what I'd wanted, no thanks to Steam. If fat, f*cking liar GabeN didn't have his entire army of minions busy feeding him, perhaps the customers could have some service.

EDIT: Heh to the size of Populus: 51.84 MB. Man, you can't get a HD movie trailer that light. Looks like it's too much for their servers at the moment though. Bother.

So does anyone have any experience with error: 7049:400? I've been having some issues with origin. I downloaded it for this bundle but I haven't been able to get any of the games to start downloading. Every time I try I get a notification that the download failed, sometimes attached to the error code. I've been trying to troubleshoot it for the last week. I've talked to a couple CS guys but they've been no help (tried all of the suggestions, nothing works). Every time I try a different chat it's another 45-60 minute wait. Any CAG have any advice?

So does anyone have any experience with error: 7049:400? I've been having some issues with origin. I downloaded it for this bundle but I haven't been able to get any of the games to start downloading. Every time I try I get a notification that the download failed, sometimes attached to the error code. I've been trying to troubleshoot it for the last week. I've talked to a couple CS guys but they've been no help (tried all of the suggestions, nothing works). Every time I try a different chat it's another 45-60 minute wait. Any CAG have any advice?
Just doing a quick Google search it seems like EA is saying to use the beta client if you have that error and some people are saying witching to the beta client fixed it for them.

Someone else said he was running a proxy and when he turned it off that worked so you can check and make sure you aren't running any proxies I guess.

Just doing a quick Google search it seems like EA is saying to use the beta client if you have that error and some people are saying witching to the beta client fixed it for them.

Someone else said he was running a proxy and when he turned it off that worked so you can check and make sure you aren't running any proxies I guess.
Thank you for replying. I tried all of those things, plus about a dozen others. Nothing is working. Origin has been a nightmare so far. Getting very frustrated.

^^ I was getting it the other night and my research showed the usual non-fixes like making sure you have the latest beta installed, restarting Origin (which I think worked), etc. This has occurred back when BF3 launched, so it's a server load issue. Remember that this is nearly 2 million bundles of 6-10 games in only 10 days. How many units does EA shift in a typical year?

I just received an email from Origin in German from a weird email addy ([email protected]) to one of my Gmail accounts, but with a different formatting (with a period in my name; Gmail confirms it's for me) and a googlemail.com domain. This isn't the email I use with Origin. AFAIK, my account is OK, so I don't get why this happened other than possibly someone in Germany with the same name just signed up, but wouldn't Gmail have a .de domain?

Hmmm, I just Googled up German Gmail and apparently Googlemail was what they used due to a trademark dispute until last year. Now I think someone just Origin and Gmail's parsing of the German's "[email protected]" into "[email protected]." I'm surprised this hasn't happened before.

I just received an email from Origin in German from a weird email addy ([email protected]) to one of my Gmail accounts, but with a different formatting (with a period in my name; Gmail confirms it's for me) and a googlemail.com domain. This isn't the email I use with Origin. AFAIK, my account is OK, so I don't get why this happened other than possibly someone in Germany with the same name just signed up, but wouldn't Gmail have a .de domain?

Hmmm, I just Googled up German Gmail and apparently Googlemail was what they used due to a trademark dispute until last year. Now I think someone just Origin and Gmail's parsing of the German's "[email protected]" into "[email protected]." I'm surprised this hasn't happened before.
googlemail.com and gmail.com are interchangeable, and adding (or removing) fullstops doesn't change where the emails end up - the different combinations are prevented from being different accounts (if someone has a.b.c.d it will prevent anyone from signing up as abcd, a.bcd, ab.cd, etc.)

yes i agreed with mysterd im one of those person too it just felt naked without all dlc. or without prequel sequel.
Sometimes, though - I can do a game w/out many of its DLC's, whether I want to or not.

When it's like DA2, ME2, ME3, it's just DLC is so expensive - especially since BioWare Points never go on sale.

Some games, the DLC is just not monumental or expansive enough for me to care.

I've never really cared about DLC. If I like a game I may get it on a rare occasion, but it still seems odd to me that some people would put off playing a game because they don't have all of it (only exception is if they're waiting for a GOTY edition and don't actually own the game). Different mind sets I guess {shoulder shrug}

I'm totally fine getting Most Wanted sans DLC. Heck who am I to be making demands to humble anyway, they're too good to me :/

googlemail.com and gmail.com are interchangeable, and adding (or removing) fullstops doesn't change where the emails end up - the different combinations are prevented from being different accounts (if someone has a.b.c.d it will prevent anyone from signing up as abcd, a.bcd, ab.cd, etc.)
I get all that - and that's sorta what I said - but how did someone create a similar email address as I anonymized in my post? I've had Gmail since 2004, six months after it launched when you had to get invited in and invites were really scarce. My real last name is German and there are certainly many people in Germany with the same name (if you Google me, the top hits are me and some mathematician there) so it's odd that it both took so long for this to get crossed up and that he was able to open that addy.

I get all that - and that's sorta what I said - but how did someone create a similar email address as I anonymized in my post? I've had Gmail since 2004, six months after it launched when you had to get invited in and invites were really scarce.
Someone mistyped their email address, that's all. I get the occasional information from a dentist's office in Michigan about appointments. My wife gets email meant for a therapist in Massachusetts.

I've never really cared about DLC. If I like a game I may get it on a rare occasion, but it still seems odd to me that some people would put off playing a game because they don't have all of it (only exception is if they're waiting for a GOTY edition and don't actually own the game). Different mind sets I guess {shoulder shrug}

I'm totally fine getting Most Wanted sans DLC. Heck who am I to be making demands to humble anyway, they're too good to me :/
I'd agree with you for the most part if it wasn't for the Mass Effect series. Which, by the way, was my gateway DLC drug. That is one of the few, if not only game in my current library that I feel the DLC was actually important to have because it adds not only to the gameplay, but to the story of not only the game the DLC is for, but usually the subsequent game(s) as well. I never bought DLC prior to owning Mass Effect (well ME2 really). Now I get this itch, no, more like a hunger when I'm DLC-less. "Am I going to miss out on something" is in the back of my mind. Then it walks up and slaps my frontal wallet-carrying lobe and it's downhill from there. {DLC twitch}

I'd agree with you for the most part if it wasn't for the Mass Effect series. Which, by the way, was my gateway DLC drug. That is one of the few, if not only game in my current library that I feel the DLC was actually important to have because it adds not only to the gameplay, but to the story of not only the game the DLC is for, but usually the subsequent game(s) as well. I never bought DLC prior to owning Mass Effect (well ME2 really). Now I get this itch, no, more like a hunger when I'm DLC-less. "Am I going to miss out on something" is in the back of my mind. Then it walks up and slaps my frontal wallet-carrying lobe and it's downhill from there. {DLC twitch}
yes Mass Effect is my one exception as well, since like you said it really added a lot to it and subsequent games, but for the most part I think of DLC as extra optional content for those that liked a game and want more of it. Unless it includes major store beats, I find it hard to understand needing to own every piece of DLC a game releases just for completionists sake. But maybe I'm just old fashioned or something and stuck in my old ways :oldman:

Well, this is the MW 2012 DLC that I really want - since it adds new areas and game-modes:

https://help.ea.com/article/need-for-speed-most-wanted-terminal-velocity-dlc-details

Of course, I still want the base-game to drop s'more in price.

Or better yet - MW 2012 + Complete DLC both bricking down in price would be nice. ;)

bread's done
Back