I am Legend

[quote name='ITDEFX']the who?[/quote]

[quote name='whoknows']What about their dog?[/quote]

[quote name='Lobsterjohnson']Also, he put the dog in the crippler crossface.[/quote]

Chris Benoit, crippler crossface...killed his family...anything?

Haha Omega Man sucked ass I want my Blockbuster credit back!

I got sick of lookin at Hestons fat middle aged hairy ass about 10 minutes into the movie....

Even though the movie did fall off a bit in the second half I still really liked it a lot, first time in forever I have gone and seen a movie on opening day. All the Fresh Prince I have watched lately just prepped me up for it though.

I watched this last night with friends. It was an awesome movie, I thought they did a real great job keeping it very intense through out the movie. However it felt like the ending was slapped on and could have used abou 15 or so more minutes to explain things. However I still liked it alot, in fact the theatre even started applauding after it was over. All though my one friend walked out of the movie because he was sensitive to animal violence. So let that be a warning to anyone who watches this movie.

Oh yeah and the trailers before my showing were:

Some comedy with a bunch of black actors(I can't remember the name)
Narnia 2
Jumper
10,000 BC
Cloverfield(The second one)
The Dark Knight

[quote name='darthbudge']I watched this last night with friends. It was an awesome movie, I thought they did a real great job keeping it very intense through out the movie. However it felt like the ending was slapped on and could have used abou 15 or so more minutes to explain things. However I still liked it alot, in fact the theatre even started applauding after it was over. All though my one friend walked out of the movie because he was sensitive to animal violence. So let that be a warning to anyone who watches this movie.

Oh yeah and the trailers before my showing were:

Narnia 2
Jumper
10,000 BC
The Dark Knight[/QUOTE]

If that movie offended your friend for animal violence, you need to teach him what real violence is.

It's a PG-13 horror movie for the kids. I hated how anytime they'd build intensity, they throw in a scene of comic relief. The monsters looked very CGI-ish and they showed them way too much.

[quote name='darthbudge']

Narnia 2
Jumper
10,000 BC
The Dark Knight[/QUOTE]

That's it, that's the movie with Christan Hadenson

You guys got THE SECOND CLOVERFIELD TRAILER?!?!?!?!?

Forgot to mention, we got "Rambo"...shit why not call it Rambo 4.... Just cause they called the first one FIRST BLOOD they think they can get away with this.

i was just wondered....

What was those circles with the X's on his map about? Buildings he's searched? Buildings with Dark Seekers Hives?

You think he might have been better off by having multiple safe houses throughout the city? That way if he was to have gotten stuck like he did with the trap, he could have made it to another safe house quickly?

[quote name='ITDEFX']i was just wondered....

What was those circles with the X's on his map about? Buildings he's searched? Buildings with Dark Seekers Hives?

You think he might have been better off by having multiple safe houses throughout the city? That way if he was to have gotten stuck like he did with the trap, he could have made it to another safe house quickly?
[/quote]
Buildings he's searched. Stop thinking so much you'll ruin the movie.

[quote name='ITDEFX']That's it, that's the movie with Christan Hadenson

You guys got THE SECOND CLOVERFIELD TRAILER?!?!?!?!?

Forgot to mention, we got "Rambo"...shit why not call it Rambo 4.... Just cause they called the first one FIRST BLOOD they think they can get away with this.[/quote]

Yeah it was the same cloverfield trailer that was before Beowulf.

Also RvB, yeah my friend is like that, he almost walked out of War of the Worlds also.

saw it today, I had be looking forward to it for a while, so I was sort of disappointed. Liked the movie, but thought it would be better, the ending was pretty bad though.

Just got back. That first scene in the dark was SO intense.

I thought I was going to cry when his dog died :cry:

I really don't know how I feel about this movie. Looking back, I feel like it started out great and slowly traveled downhill. The ending was god awful IMO.

I guess I liked it. But I must say, having The Dark Night trailer before this movie was a bad idea, because there were several times during the movie that my mind kept drifting back to it and all I could think about was how much I wanted to see it.

[quote name='Sofa King Kool']
I thought I was going to cry when his dog died :cry:
[/QUOTE]

I did.... that dog is a Hero!! Honestly he should have sedated it like he did with the Dark Seeker so he would have time to try to save both of them.

I thought the movie was amazing, but I cant help but wonder if we are going to be getting an alternate ending when this film hits dvd. I also thought the film should have been at least a half hour longer.

[quote name='Prepster']I thought the movie was amazing, but I cant help but wonder if we are going to be getting an alternate ending when this film hits dvd. I also thought the film should have been at least a half hour longer.[/quote]

I agree, in fact I really hope there is an alternate ending.

[quote name='Prepster']I thought the movie was amazing, but I cant help but wonder if we are going to be getting an alternate ending when this film hits dvd. I also thought the film should have been at least a half hour longer.[/QUOTE]

I doubt we'll be seeing an alternate ending that varies significantly from the the theatrical release. If anything, they might change it in some lame, minor way. I am thoroughly dissatisfied with the ending and how it butchered Matheson's story to such an extent that its title became a meaningless and tripe sound bite. Just read the book, if you want want the best ending

but what kind of ending would you have liked to have?

honestly I would like to have more scenes about the virus and how it killed everyone.

[quote name='ITDEFX']
I did.... that dog is a Hero!! Honestly he should have sedated it like he did with the Dark Seeker so he would have time to try to save both of them.
[/quote]
That's exactly what I thought!

Seriously, I you want a movie to make me cry, kill someone's dog. That always gets me.

[quote name='Sofa King Kool']
That's exactly what I thought!

Seriously, I you want a movie to make me cry, kill someone's dog. That always gets me.
[/QUOTE]

I am surprised he lasted this long... remember his wife and kill died when that other chopper went out of control and hit that chopper.

I guess when his dog died, he really had no more will to live ... his world was over.

Guess if it wasn't for Anna, he might have just found another way to kill himself.

I don't think the people who became Dark Seekers de-evolved... I think the virus just transformed them into something else...as they have intelligence and some form of basic communication as the "leader" was able to direct his group and he was able to control the animals.

The idea of the Virus and Cure able to affect the host within minutes is plausable...but since this is a short movie I guess they want the audience to think it was effecting the host quickly.

Also be glad there wasn't a presidental order to nuke the city to prevent an outbreak. But I guess that's just too much huh?

Come on people, what did you expect? Smith gets the girl and raises the mute kid as his own?!?!?!

Honestly I got kinda freaked when the girl said God told her to come and find him and that the world is now quieter and he has to listen... I was thinking she was part of some crazy religious group out to kill him to prevent the cure from being made as it was God's will that the virus killed so many so that the world can start over again better then before type shit...

Seriously what was the point of the kid? Just to watch Shrek??

[quote name='ITDEFX']Come on people, what did you expect? Smith gets the girl and raises the mute kid as his own?!?!?!

Honestly I got kinda freaked when the girl said God told her to come and find him and that the world is now quieter and he has to listen... I was thinking she was part of some crazy religious group out to kill him to prevent the cure from being made as it was God's will that the virus killed so many so that the world can start over again better then before type shit...

Seriously what was the point of the kid? Just to watch Shrek??[/quote]

No, it was to show Smith's amazing ability to memorize lines, can you say oscar worthy dialogue based performance?

But anyway I also got Ironman, 10,000 B.C., Narnia 2, Dark Knight, that black comedy, and Jumper. Jumper, Dark Knight, and Ironman looks awesome.

Jumper is based on a book I read as a kid, very interesting. But the movie version looks like another teen-20 something with super powers movie. Everyone's jumping all over the place, but in the book it was just one kid and a bit of a origin story.

I went in wanting to like this movie, and I was not disappointed.

Granted, there are a few inconsistencies/plotholes

Particularly about Fred. Neither theory about Neville forgetting that he set that trap AND moved Fred there, or the Infected setting the trap make sense. Or why he notices the Infected yelling and screaming near the end of the film and gets freaked out, but when he's in the bathtub in the beginning of the movie, the Infected sound even CLOSER but he doesn't flinch. I suppose its because he knows they can't smell him because of the vinegar? But IDK.

I actually might see this a second time. I'm not really sure why I like it so much, I just do.

Also, did anyone else's showings have assholes who laughed at the more dramatic/emotional scenes? Seriously. I'm starting to fucking hate going to the movies, and I live for cinema.

I did yell "Shut the fuck up" pretty loudly at a kid about 10 rows down when he started to read the Cloverfield trailer text out loud. Typical teenage douchebag. Tight, white designer t-shirt with an even gayer white beret on, had that look on his face as if saying "Sup. Yeah. i'm the shit."

Actually another thing:

How come in one scene, Will Smith's car gets tackled by an infected, but in the next flashback, the family is completely fine and normal and simply driving to the docks?

Anyone notice the Superman/Batman movie poster in Time square, during the first chase scene?

A quick google search, shows that people dismissing it as a joke, but one can always hope. The current book series is great (with a couple slip ups) and I would throughly enjoy a movie adaptation.

As for I am Legend, it was a pretty good movie, but I went in thinking of it as the Omega man remake and not as a retelling of the book.

But a couple questions?

1) wasn't the leader also the mate of the woman darkseeker that Neville captured? Neville made a note that he had willing exposed himself to sun light to follow her, but assumed it was because of insanity. What if it wasn't? What if it was love? During the movie we see several examples of intelligences (leadership hierarchy, domestication of animals) isn't it possible?
2) How did Anna and kid get to the Manhattan?

[quote name='dwhelan']Anyone notice the Superman/Batman movie poster in Time square, in the first chase scene?

A quick google search, shows that people dismissing it as a joke, but one can always hope. The current series is great (with a couple slip ups) and I would throughly enjoy a movie adaptation.[/quote]

yea i saw that.. poster was awesome

My other problems with the movie:
-M67 Grenades are more smoke than fiery explosion. That explosion at the end was WAYYYY over the top. Even if you couldn't identify the grenade, most people know the danger is the shrapnel, not the explosion.

- A single shot ignites the flammable liquid inside Will Smith's safehouse? even it was a tracer, he got incredibly lucky. The bullet would probably pierce one side of the container, exit the back and spill it's contents, and sit embedded in the wall. It wouldn't be in contact with the material to instantly explode.

- Why did he do this anyway? He risked his safe house for one beast? Night was approaching, and if he burned the place down, all he had was the lab. We know how that turned out.

- Comic relief: Shrek, talking to mannequins, talking to the dog etc. I wasn't laughing and neither was anyone in the audience. It just broke any momentum the film had.

- Vampire,Zombie dogs: Please leave this to the cheesy RE movies.

- They showed the monsters too much. The first time the face was presssed against the window was somewhat startling. They should have went the 'Alien' route, and keep them interesting. I lost interest in them after the showed them too much. They looked/moved too CGI-ish

[quote name='DesertEagleXIX']My other problems with the movie:
-M67 Grenades are more smoke than fiery explosion. That explosion at the end was WAYYYY over the top. Even if you couldn't identify the grenade, most people know the danger is the shrapnel, not the explosion.

- A single shot ignites the flammable liquid inside Will Smith's safehouse? even it was a tracer, he got incredibly lucky. The bullet would probably pierce one side of the container, exit the back and spill it's contents, and sit embedded in the wall. It wouldn't be in contact with the material to instantly explode.

- Why did he do this anyway? He risked his safe house for one beast? Night was approaching, and if he burned the place down, all he had was the lab. We know how that turned out.

- Comic relief: Shrek, talking to mannequins, talking to the dog etc. I wasn't laughing and neither was anyone in the audience. It just broke any momentum the film had.

- Vampire,Zombie dogs: Please leave this to the cheesy RE movies.

- They showed the monsters too much. The first time the face was presssed against the window was somewhat startling. They should have went the 'Alien' route, and keep them interesting. I lost interest in them after the showed them too much. They looked/moved too CGI-ish
[/quote]

- I agree about the grenade, but hey it is Hollywood and looks cooler to see a big explosion

- Well that happens in alot of hollywood movies, ultimately it just looks cool and I will let it pass because after all it is fiction.

- I think he was doing it because he really was losing his mind.

-Shrek was comic relief, however talking to the mannequins and his dog, weren't for comic relief, they were to show that he was really lonely and so that was his only social interaction.

- What did you want the enemy to be?

- I agree that they showed the monsters too much, I don't think "Alien" route was right because that was way to little. Instead they should have saved it for real fright moments and at the very end.

[quote name='darthbudge']
- What did you want the enemy to be?
[/QUOTE]

Humans, just adult humans. When they bring in animals and babies (Dawn of the Dead remake, I'm thinking of you) I just roll my eyes.

Zombie dogs aren't scary except when they jump through windows in the 90's ;)

[quote name='DesertEagleXIX']
Humans, just adult humans. When they bring in animals and babies (Dawn of the Dead remake, I'm thinking of you) I just roll my eyes.

Zombie dogs aren't scary except when they jump through windows in the 90's ;)
[/quote]

Ohhhh, I thought you meant Vampires and Zombie Dogs, when in truth you meant Vampire/Zombie dogs. Sorry that was a mistake on my end.

yes people there are a lot of plot holes in this movie... Hopefully the movie will make back all of it's money plus more to be considered successful enough to warrant a Directors cut with about 20 minutes more footage on HD-DVD.

The choice of cars he drove was just to "sell" more cars for the companies who sponsored them for the movie.

If it wasn't about that, you would have thought he would have at least had fortified cars with bars and so on.

A flashback about his first night actually ALONE in the city or a scene where people actually start dying around him when the virus went 90% kill rate would have been nice.

So, what happened to all the bodies? There is no room in NYC for a mass grave and no way he could have dug up those bodies before night fall..

Gas..... that gas station has 3 years of gas reserves? In theory it could have enough for him but he would have gone thru the reserves with his generator and his gas guzzling hot rod he drove around the city.

I agree that the woman he captured *could* have been the leader's mate.

Also agreed that the noises he heard while in the tub was too close in the beginning. My guess is that it was just a post production decision that wasn't a good idea.

Yea so how did Anna get to NYC if all routes in and out of the city where blown up?

Is a Flare Strong enough to affect the darkseekers?

that's all for now

[quote name='ITDEFX']yes people there are a lot of plot holes in this movie... Hopefully the movie will make back all of it's money plus more to be considered successful enough to warrant a Directors cut with about 20 minutes more footage on HD-DVD.

The choice of cars he drove was just to "sell" more cars for the companies who sponsored them for the movie.

If it wasn't about that, you would have thought he would have at least had fortified cars with bars and so on.

A flashback about his first night actually ALONE in the city or a scene where people actually start dying around him when the virus went 90% kill rate would have been nice.

So, what happened to all the bodies? There is no room in NYC for a mass grave and no way he could have dug up those bodies before night fall..

Gas..... that gas station has 3 years of gas reserves? In theory it could have enough for him but he would have gone thru the reserves with his generator and his gas guzzling hot rod he drove around the city.

I agree that the woman he captured *could* have been the leader's mate.

Also agreed that the noises he heard while in the tub was too close in the beginning. My guess is that it was just a post production decision that wasn't a good idea.

Yea so how did Anna get to NYC if all routes in and out of the city where blown up?

Is a Flare Strong enough to affect the darkseekers?

that's all for now
[/QUOTE]

He could have easily moved the bodies away from his everyday routes over the course of three years. We only saw a small portion of the city.

It was never even implied in the movie that he strictly uses only one gas station.

[quote name='Owen']Now that you saw the film, how would it have been if Arnold Schwarzenegger was starring in it like he was supposed to before he became Governor.[/quote]

lol...when i read your reply i got a flash of ah-nold with a gun in his hand saying "i am legend" in his accent.

THAT is funny.

[quote name='ITDEFX']hey infamyRISE

Do you remember the music? Was there any score or was it 90 minutes of silence like Cast Away?

I can't find a score listing for it...so it makes me wonder if there is a score even made for the movie?[/quote]
a little of both. in some parts they had absolute silence which made it worse. you know as they, say "silence can be defeaning".

no, cast away was MUCH more of a silent movie. this definitely had more music...though i dont know why there wouldnt be a score listed for it, hmm.

and yes, though with the stray from the book version i wasnt too disappointed with this one...i dont think they mentioned "vampires" in the movie, though i do remember smith saying "undead" or something like that.

definitely worth a look in the theaters.

[quote name='ITDEFX']hey infamyRISE

Do you remember the music? Was there any score or was it 90 minutes of silence like Cast Away?

I can't find a score listing for it...so it makes me wonder if there is a score even made for the movie?[/quote]

a little of both. in some parts they had absolute silence which made it worse. you know as they, say "silence can be defeaning".

no, cast away was MUCH more of a silent movie. this definitely had more music...though i dont know why there wouldnt be a score listed for it, hmm.

[quote name='dwhelan']Anyone notice the Superman/Batman movie poster in Time square, during the first chase scene?

A quick google search, shows that people dismissing it as a joke, but one can always hope. The current book series is great (with a couple slip ups) and I would throughly enjoy a movie adaptation.

As for I am Legend, it was a pretty good movie, but I went in thinking of it as the Omega man remake and not as a retelling of the book.

But a couple questions?

1) wasn't the leader also the mate of the woman darkseeker that Neville captured? Neville made a note that he had willing exposed himself to sun light to follow her, but assumed it was because of insanity. What if it wasn't? What if it was love? During the movie we see several examples of intelligences (leadership hierarchy, domestication of animals) isn't it possible?
2) How did Anna and kid get to the Manhattan?
[/QUOTE]

Who knows if its a joke. the Batman versus Superman movie has been talked about/ in the works for the past like 5+ years. Wolfgang Petersen was even attached to direct at one point. Also, since I Am Legend is a WB movie, and WB owns the DC property, the poster could make sense. It is 2012 in the movie, and that poster looks more like a teaser poster than anything else, who knows.

My guess is that whoever decided to put that poster there, did so logically. Dark Knight in 2008, another Superman in 2010, then bam the versus movie in 2012 or Summer 2013, since the infection hit during Christmas.

[quote name='A Happy Panda']Who knows if its a joke. the Batman versus Superman movie has been talked about/ in the works for the past like 5+ years. Wolfgang Petersen was even attached to direct at one point. Also, since I Am Legend is a WB movie, and WB owns the DC property, the poster could make sense. It is 2012 in the movie, and that poster looks more like a teaser poster than anything else, who knows.

My guess is that whoever decided to put that poster there, did so logically. Dark Knight in 2008, another Superman in 2010, then bam the versus movie in 2012 or Summer 2013, since the infection hit during Christmas.[/quote]
In the movie its the year 2012 three years after the outbreak, so unless the infection put up the poster, it was 2009 in the movie when the poster was put up.

i dont think it was place logically at all.
Who knows when or if at all the versus movie will be out.
it does sound bad ass tho

EDIT:Found a picture of the poster in the movie for those that missed it.

Stated for 5-15-10 release
snapshot20071221213306qk2.png

The ending is different from what i've been told.
I thought at the end he realizes that he is really the evil one, as the vampires/mutants/whatever are the next step of the human race. In their eyes he's the monster.

[quote name='JolietJake']The ending is different from what i've been told.
I thought at the end he realizes that he is really the evil one, as the vampires/mutants/whatever are the next step of the human race. In their eyes he's the monster.
[/QUOTE]

you know had somewhat the same thought, til Anna came and fucked it up.

I was thinking he was dreaming/his mind was screw with him and that he was going to "wake up" and realize the outbreak wasn't real. Where did you hear about that ending?

Did this movie come across as I, Robot with zombies to anyone else? I mean, there's the subtle plot twists that hint at some great conspiracy, the disappointing as hell endings, the Will Smith against the world feeling, and even the "infected" look just like regualr people, but covered in shiny jelly (like the robots in I, Robot). And then, the only truly likable character dies, I mean, why couldn't the doggy live?

[quote name='ITDEFX']you know had somewhat the same thought, til Anna came and fucked it up.

I was thinking he was dreaming/his mind was screw with him and that he was going to "wake up" and realize the outbreak wasn't real. Where did you hear about that ending?[/QUOTE]

That's pretty much the ending as it happens in the novel.

bread's done
Back