I broke the OTT!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Bioshocked360']So since I'm home sick all day I've decided to download Photoshop and play around with it for a while.

I need all the pictures of Big Mike you guys can get me.[/QUOTE]

*points to avatar*

[quote name='LinkinPrime']'Sup Wolve? :wave:

-----------

Tried KZ2 for the first time last night....not bad, played it on the hardest difficulty and I enjoyed it a heck of a lot more than the demo. The controls are hard to get used to, since I do FPS on my X360 but I'm slowly getting used to it but I still have a feeling it's not going to be something I'll be able to get used to, the analog sticks are just too close to each other. I got my triggers from Amazon yesterday as well so I had those on and it definitely made the game better but I can't help to think that if I played it with a X360 controller it would be a much better game.[/quote]

sup mang.....and you know i got the solution to that problem...;)

i'm tempted to get a PS3 again now that I have the adapter to play with the 360 controller.....I'd have to get one on the cheap though.

[quote name='h3llbring3r']Are you talking about the gioteck triggers?[/quote]

I got these:

413n5ubwZOL._SL500_AA280_.jpg
= $10
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/413n5ubwZOL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

But you could just get this:
41cSzuq-LFL._SL500_AA280_.jpg
= $5
http://www.amazon.com/RealTriggers-..._1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1236188113&sr=8-1

I thought that the armor one had the triggers attached but it's two separate pieces so I paid an extra $5 for a piece of metal :whistle2:|

[quote name='Wolve11']sup mang.....and you know i got the solution to that problem...;)[/quote]

I know you do, just wish there was a cheaper solution.

You have to bring in that BB coupon to get $20 off those PC games right?

I wanted to go pickup C&C RA3 and TOB today, but I don't have a printer.

[quote name='darthbudge']You have to bring in that BB coupon to get $20 off those PC games right?

I wanted to go pickup C&C RA3 and TOB today, but I don't have a printer.[/quote]

Yes sir. Email it to your dad, have him print it at work.

[quote name='Wolve11']Its not too bad for $50 shipped. How much were those controllers?[/quote]

$50? I thought you said it was $100? Do you have the one that supports rumble yet? Also how many X360 controllers can you plug in to that device?

[quote name='h3llbring3r']Other than TMK, thomas96, and Dallow who doesn't?[/QUOTE]
:wave:

PS2 controller still the best imo. The PS3 one is just a clone of it with the motion thing right?

I haven't ordered any rumble ones yet, but I know those are quite more expensive.
I said $100 about the key thing before, not this adapter.
You can only plug in one controller per adapter, but it has built in turbo for each button you'd want to use it with.

[quote name='crystalklear64']:wave:

PS2 controller still the best imo. The PS3 one is just a clone of it with the motion thing right?[/quote]
^^Has small hands?

The ergonomics were bad over 10 years ago when the first analogue controller came out for PS1. They are even worse today.

[quote name='Wolve11']I haven't ordered any rumble ones yet, but I know those are quite more expensive.
I said $100 about the key thing before, not this adapter.
You can only plug in one controller per adapter, but it has built in turbo for each button you'd want to use it with.[/quote]

I must have gotten that confused. I'm still not too sure on getting one of these yet.

PS2 controller still the best imo. The PS3 one is just a clone of it with the motion thing right?[/quote]

Just sold a XFPS Sniper Pro V3 - which is an adapter for mouse and keyboard or PS2 controller adapters on 360. I sold it for $95. They are pretty popular, just expensive.

Nope, they fucked up the R2/L2 buttons to be more like triggers

Pretty much everything that makes the 360 controller different is what I don't like about it except for the scooped thumbsticks.

don't like the offset sticks, don't like triggers shaped like a trigger that you have to pull, the bumper buttons feel super cheap and only seem to work half the time, and the d-pad is... ugh.

Even with all that, its not that I hate all that stuff, its just that I prefer the ps2 style. I use it with no complaints other than I kinda wish I had a usb ps3 controller instead for PC.

[quote name='crystalklear64']Pretty much everything that makes the 360 controller different is what I don't like about it except for the scooped thumbsticks.

don't like the offset sticks, don't like triggers shaped like a trigger that you have to pull, the bumper buttons feel super cheap and only seem to work half the time, and the d-pad is... ugh.

Even with all that, its not that I hate all that stuff, its just that I prefer the ps2 style. I use it with no complaints other than I kinda wish I had a usb ps3 controller instead for PC.[/quote]

D-Pad aside, because even 360 fanboys hate the D-pad-
Symmetric analogue sticks are terrible. If your hands are even remotely large (mine are between large and extra-large glove size) or if your are one of those people with long digits you get the thumb bump. Which is BALLS TOUCHING BAD.

[quote name='crystalklear64']Pretty much everything that makes the 360 controller different is what I don't like about it except for the scooped thumbsticks.

Even with all that, its not that I hate all that stuff, its just that I prefer the ps2 style. I use it with no complaints other than I kinda wish I had a usb ps3 controller instead for PC.[/quote]

Mostly this. The only thing I like about the 360 controller is the feel of the analog sticks and the RT/LT triggers... the bumpers suck, the dpad sucks, and the buttons suck. I don't like the R2/L2 on the PS3 controllers or the feel of the sticks... not sure I prefer one way or another for the offset/symmetrical sticks...

[quote name='h3llbring3r']D-Pad aside, because even 360 fanboys hate the D-pad-
Symmetric analogue sticks are terrible. If your hands are even remotely large (mine are between large and extra-large glove size) or if your are one of those people with long digits you get the thumb bump. Which is BALLS TOUCHING BAD.[/quote]

If everyone had giant hands like you, there wouldn't have been an outcry for a smaller controller for the original xbox. :roll:

Well the dedication wasn't that bad. Bummer it was for a currently non-existent lab in a non-existent building. fucking Chemistry and Biology gets nice new facilities and we get the shaft.

I prefer the PS controllers just because that it is what I am used to.

[quote name='manthing']I thought those triggers just extended the L2/R2 buttons?

How is that helping you? Making it easier to crouch?

:whistle2:s[/QUOTE]

I have to somehwat agree with LP. One issue with fps's is button creep. For example, To zoom shoot from a crouched posion I need to hold the left trigger, press down with the right thumb to zoom, push forward at the same time to look over the rock I'm crouchign behind, and press the right trigger to shoot. It's impractical.

In MP I switched to alternate 2. I came to realzie that in MP I'm never going to crouch. So I now have my zoom tied to the left trigger. It's much easier than pushing the stick. I also changed it so I'm only zoomed as long as I'm holding the button. it's much more natural.

What they did is they mapped the buttons backwards. They should have made crouch a stick (press to enable\press to diable) button and mapped it to the joystick or assigned it to another button. Not the left trigger. Instead they mapped the zoom to the joystick, and they made that a stick button.

You can't be accurate when you have to hold four buttons at the same time to do something as simple as crouched, zoomed shooting.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']The Dreamcast controller is one of the worst controllers ever.[/quote]
You never played on the Atari Jaguar controller, have you? The buttons were accurate but it made the 'Duke' look svelte.

With the exception of a few hardcore racers-only gamers, I think everyone I know prefers an asymmetric thumbstick layout.

There are drivers for PS3 controllers on PCs. All you'd need is a moderately long miniUSB cable.

The dreamcast controllers were fucking horrible. What sociopath designed them? I wound up buying all 3rd party controllers because they actually fit in my hands... they actually looked like the original Xbox controllers.

2cx91jo.jpg

[quote name='h3llbring3r']You never played on the Atari Jaguar controller, have you? The buttons were accurate but it made the 'Duke' look svelte.

With the exception of a few hardcore racers-only gamers, I think everyone I know prefers an asymmetric thumbstick layout.[/quote]
It doesn't have to be the worst to be up there. The analog stick tore up my thumb and it has the worst trigger placement ever.

[quote name='flowery']I preferred the SNES controller over the Genesis controller.[/quote]
TG-16 two button with the turbo sliders.
It was like a ¼ used block of soap with sweet-tart sized buttons. Great D-Pad though.

[quote name='crystalklear64']whats your nickname budge? Mine's Crysto.[/quote]

Darthbudge.

Was it just me, or did all of the face options really suck? Either you had to be a mildly unattractive woman, or an Indian man.

I haven't even looked at my Jaguar in ages. The insert thing was certainly a novel approach, but the layout was pretty fuckin bad.

How is AvP supposed to be one of the best Jaguar games? It's fucking balls terrible. I only have my Jaguar for Raiden.

Let's accept that, yeah, with a $20 asking price, Watchmen: The End Is Nigh goes in with one arm tied behind its back. It should come as quite a testament, then, to the sheer tedium of the game that I quickly forgot how much was being asked for it, and was instead stunned that so much development effort and cash would be spent on a game that's so very, very boring.

:lol:

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/03/04/joystiq-review-watchmen-the-end-is-nigh/

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']It doesn't have to be the worst to be up there. The analog stick tore up my thumb and it has the worst trigger placement ever.[/quote]
Very true.

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']I have to somehwat agree with LP. One issue with fps's is button creep. For example, To zoom shoot from a crouched posion I need to hold the left trigger, press down with the right thumb to zoom, push forward at the same time to look over the rock I'm crouchign behind, and press the right trigger to shoot. It's impractical.

In MP I switched to alternate 2. I came to realzie that in MP I'm never going to crouch. So I now have my zoom tied to the left trigger. It's much easier than pushing the stick. I also changed it so I'm only zoomed as long as I'm holding the button. it's much more natural.

What they did is they mapped the buttons backwards. They should have made crouch a stick (press to enable\press to diable) button and mapped it to the joystick or assigned it to another button. Not the left trigger. Instead they mapped the zoom to the joystick, and they made that a stick button.

You can't be accurate when you have to hold four buttons at the same time to do something as simple as crouched, zoomed shooting.[/quote]

Mapping crouch to L2 on all control schemes was a mind-boggingly stupid. I mean releasing Lair w/o Analog controls stupid.

I don't know why they didn't copy COD4's schemes

I always forget about the TG-16. I don't think I have even seen one in person or knew anyone that owned one. I went from Atari -> NES -> SNES -> PS1 -> PS2 -> PS3

[quote name='crystalklear64']If you click shuffle a few times some others come up. There was some white surfer dude with a massive nose.

Added you.[/quote]

I did click shuffle a few times, but I still didn't see anything good. I would say I ended up with "Slightly Sad French Guy".

I am just about to leave, I will add you when I get back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back