I just bought a DS Lite from Target! Update!

Status
Not open for further replies.
No DS Lites at the Target at Dadeland (Miami, FL) The shelves were empty actually with no DSes at all.

Atlanta: Cross the Cobb Parkway Target and WalMart off the list. Bupkis. Only ominous looking holes on the shelf where the DS Lites will no doubt reside in a couple weeks. Drove by the Best Buy up the road, but given that they can't even manage to get new releases on the shelves AFTER street date, I wasn't about to waste my time.

I suspect the word is out and if there were any Lites on the shelves around here, they've been pulled.

ahah did anyone read this from a guy at gamespot?
K1LLSWITCH
Upon clicking on the picture, the DS Lite looks like the regular DS, but with a white polished finish. Isn't the DS Lite supposed to be a little smaller and more slim, from the first DS? The box seems to be a display box from where he works, probably at walmart, Gamestop, or EB games. The stylist looks to be a tire pressure gauge, the battery looks the same, and the receipt is probably for a CD or something other than a DS.

It looks believable at first, but when looked closely, it's bogus. Plus if a kid says that he purchased something that isn't supposed to come until a few months from now, especially announcing this on the internet, I don't believe it. Posted May 31, 2006 7:25 pm PT

[quote name='the_deej']ahah did anyone read this from a guy at gamespot?[/QUOTE]
:rofl:

I guess mine's fake too. I wonder if the kid bothered to click on the link and see that there's quite a few of us posting different pictures now?

[quote name='the_deej']ahah did anyone read this from a guy at gamespot?[/QUOTE]

That kid puts the 'D' in "ignorant."

No DS's of any kind, fat or lite, at the Target in Watertown, MA. Along with the neg report for Framingham, it's looking bad for MA CAGs.

The Target I was at, there was somebody's mom obviously on the cell with their kid saying "yeah, I'll ask". She turned to the clerk and said "do you have any Nintendo DS Lite's?" Clerk promptly answers, "will be out on June 11th."

[quote name='the_deej']The stylist looks to be a tire pressure gauge[/QUOTE]

HAHAHAHA

I hope this guy doesn't do legitmate photo investigation work. Although, I may have to try this if I loose my current stylus.

checked the target and wal-mart at Turkey Creek in Knoxville, and no luck. Also, checked the wal-mart at Gallaher and again no luck. The target shelves were completely empty however . . .

It's kind of weird. The Target in Montgomery, AL had nothing but DS lites, but the one in Auburn was filled with regular DSes (Is that how you pluralize it?).

The Wal-Mart in Auburn was packed tight with regular ones. I wonder how they are going to find room for the lites?

Anyway, I'm waiting for mine to charge. I'm going to ask again, has anyone registered their lite on nintendo.com?

[quote name='jalu6']
The stylist looks to be a tire pressure gauge

HAHAHAHA

I hope this guy doesn't do legitmate photo investigation work. Although, I may have to try this if I loose my current stylus.[/QUOTE]

I'm on the way to my stylist right now and she looks to be a blonde woman in her late 30s.

*fighting urge to ask munch to pick one up and mail it to me a state away*

hey guys, i dont know if anyone has said this yet, but...

I GOT MY DS! omg it is so fucking nice, i got it at the target on rt 63 in marlton nj. i checked walmart but they didnt know about the lite.

traget had like 4-5 left as of noon.

check around, this isnt too YMMV

also, the guy knew that they werent supposed to be on sale, but he got the "go ahead" from someone and was allowed to sell them

hope that helps, i am so freaking happy to get mine early.

Legit? Who knows hurry if you want one.......

from gamespot: " DanteDyas
It's true. The target I work at had this memo going around today about how we weren't supposed to sell the DS until the street date and if we had put the units on display, to take them off."

Munch: I tried to but there is no DS Lite system line and I already have my DS line filled.....

[quote name='RedvsBlue']:rofl:

I guess mine's fake too. I wonder if the kid bothered to click on the link and see that there's quite a few of us posting different pictures now?[/QUOTE]
I wonder if he's ever seen a regular DS?

anyone try any Toys R Us's?? I remember getting the SP early (i think 3 or 4 days early not a week and a half).

Any San Antonio CAGs find out if any stores are selling Lites? I'd really love to get one, but I'm afraid I have very little time to spend driving around town.

[quote name='variablesunknown']I just got back from 3 Targets (mission valley, mira mesa, poway), a Fry's (mission valley) and a walmart (mission valley) and they all had no DS Lites. I have mine on preorder from gamecrazy but thought I might get lucky.

Hopefully this sad info save some San Diegans the trip. Keep hope alive![/QUOTE]

saved me some time, i was about to check up those spots, thanks for checking but boo for not finding any...

Hoped that since I was in the midwest I would get lucky... but no dice.

I checked the Wal-marts at Brownsburg and Avon, Indiana. Also, checked the Targets in Avon and Indianapolis (421 North). As has been the case for others, the Targets had huge gaps in the displays where I would imagine Lites would end up (or had been removed this morning). Oh well...

[quote name='psincubus']jalu, which places did you check in northern NJ?[/QUOTE]

I checked the Saddle Brook Walmart and Hackensack Target. Nothing at either.

I checked out two Targets (Roswell Rd./285 and Perimeter) and one WalMart (Perimeter) here in Atlanta and there were no DS Lites to be found. A couple of them had a few fat DSes, and one had a big empty space on the shelf where the DS Lites will undoubtedly go.

At the Roswell Rd./285 Target, the guy manning the video game department was on his walkie-talkie as I walked up. He said to somebody on the other end: "Yeah, [so-and-so] told me that it's June 11th for the DS Lites." This tells me that 1) They have them in stock, 2) They know other stores have broken the street date, and 3) They aren't going to break the street date. Word appears to be out at Targets in the Atlanta area.

Here's a list of Atlanta-area stores confirmed NOT to have DS Lites as of the afternoon of 05/31/2006:

WALMART
Perimeter
Cobb Parkway
TARGET
Cobb Parkway
State Bridge (Alpharetta)
Edgewood
Northlake
North Druid Hills
Perimeter
Roswell Rd/285

Booooo.

[quote name='tmbgman']I tried to buy one in the Ashland, Ky. Wal-Mart. They had them on the shelf, but the Point of Sale system wouldn't allow them to ring it up. SO CLOSE![/quote]

Same thing happened to me in Pittsburgh (West Mifflin) :cry:

I tried to search this thread(multiple error messages)to see if this was posted already; here's a frappr listing of places the lite has been found. http://www.frappr.com/dsliteavailability

I hope it helps someone.

For the Portland, OR and Vancouver, WA area, NO Lites found at the Walmart on 82nd/Powell, the Targets at Mall 205, Vancouver Mall, and Mill Plain.

Happy Hunting!

Yeah I have heard that Walmarts are now a no-go. The POS system will not allow any of them to be sold. Sucks for us, but I gotta say, clever way to solve the problem immediately.

Yes! I got one but it was touch (no pun intended) and go for a bit.

After checking Target and Meijer off W. Main in Kalamazoo, MI, I figured I'd just go over to WalMart, also off W. Main. There they were, about 10-15 behind the glass case. I acted as nonchalantly as I could and asked the salesperson if I could get one.

When he rang it up, the register screen said "sale not permitted." Uh-oh, I thought. He kept scanning the barcode, but it kept denying the purchase. He then picked up the phone, and I thought, it's over. He paged the electronics manager, but no one showed up. (Later I would find out that the manager had left for the day.) There was a glimmer of hope. Then he called Management, and again, I thought all was lost.

Management called back, and he explained that it was the new DS Lite and that it had been put out last night. There was a price on it, but the system wouldn't allow the purchase. He then asked if he could just input it manually and put in the department code, whatever that meant, and apparently was given the okay.

He punched in the info manually and a few moments later, I had my DS!

Thanks OP for the info! I'm taking a trip in a few days and was bummed I wouldn't have a DS Lite by then. Now I do!

[quote name='$hady']You should post how many they have left when you get back if you can since their are several Cincy area people on here. Like I posted earlier when I left around 8:30 this morning they had about 9 or 10 still in the case.

BTW I have strong feelings for you as well, not as strong as Mr. Kitty has for the Ds Lite but there is still a spark. :lol:

yea yea I bought 3..... 1 for me and at least one to try to sell, my buddy is wavering on if he wants the 3rd one since he'd be broke till payday. I'll probably just let him pay me when he gets paid. :roll:[/QUOTE]
The Florence, KY Target where me and $hady got our DS Lites, I only got one, had about 6 or 7 left at around 1:30pm when I got mine. http://web.mac.com/mkhalpin/iWeb/MicandKate/MicsBlog/BF03CCD1-742C-4D2B-9FF7-813A6AD4F82A.html

Negative on Menlo Target and Woodbridge Walmart (Jersey). All the employees at Target I spoke with were quick with the stock "selling them June 11th" response. Seems to me like they sold one or were tipped off about it earlier and the higher ups wouldn't let it slide.

Wal-Mart Supercenter on Mansell does not have them.
Wal-Mart Supercenter in Duluth DOES have them, but they just denied sale to a friend who was going to pick one up for me.

Good luck to anyone who can coax a sale out of a manager like the guy a few posts above me!

http://www.gamespot.com/news/show_bl...25&sid=6152074

DS Lite launches early? Source: A handful of posters on the Cheap Ass Gamer message boards.

The official story: Nintendo reps weren't immediately available for comment.

What we heard: Last night, a moderator on the Cheap Ass Gamer message boards going by the name of "Trakan" posted pictures of a Nintendo DS Lite he had apparently just purchased from his local Target, about a week and a half before the system's official on-sale date of June 11. The pictures show the North American DS Lite packaging, the system itself, a stylus, an AC adaptor, and a receipt. Details on the receipt aren't clearly visible, but Trakan said it only rang up as a Nintendo DS instead of a DS Lite.

That posting was followed by a number of people from around the country reporting that they had picked up DS Lite systems at their local Targets and Wal-Marts. However, plenty of posters reported failure in their attempts to find a system.

GameSpot's own attempts to find Target and Wal-Mart stores selling the system were similarly stymied. After striking out at three local area stores, we expanded the net. A Target near the company's Topeka, Kansas, distribution center wasn't carrying the systems yet, nor was a Wal-Mart nearby the company's Macon, Georgia distribution facility. Finally, we tried the Wisconsin Target where Trakan reported his DS Lite was purchased from. After some dissembling, the nervous-sounding clerk there told us they had the system in stock behind closed doors, but it wasn't going to go on sale until June 11.

Bogus or not bogus?: Bogus that Nintendo has launched the DS Lite early in the US. Not bogus that some stores accidentally broke street date on the system.
Posted by Polybren, May 31, 2006 6:33 pm PT
68 Comments | Post a Comment

well this is depressing, two places in LA did say they had them, but were very oafiash in their insistance (Actually cutting me off mid question) about June 11th.....perhaps it was because i called and i actually need to try going in, but i dont want to waste my time.

if anyone actually manages to buy one at the West Hollywood target or crenshaw walmart let me know, because they said they had it, but they aint sellin' it :(

Chicago IL - Target on Addison has them in the back room, but would not sell them to me

Chicago IL - Target on Elston - None on the shelf.

Yo, Jringoapple... I just called the Woodfield Target and the Woman on the phone (in electronics) specifically said that they were not going on sale until the 11th. What's the deal!!?

Oh, and Hambone30, I was just at those Target locations too. I tried working my magic, but I got rejected... again. lol!

Alexandria, VA Springfield Target
Called and they told me they had none in stock (I think they didn't really check). Came in and looked behind the glass and what do I see? DS Lites. I ask the guy if I can buy one and he takes it from the glass. 136.49 later? DS lite is mine :)

[quote name='The Next Level']Yo, Jringoapple... I just called the Woodfield Target and the Woman on the phone (in electronics) specifically said that they were not going on sale until the 11th. What's the deal!!?

Oh, and Hambone30, I was just at those Target locations too. I tried working my magic, but I got rejected... again. lol![/QUOTE]

Hmmmm.... not sure. Maybe they stop it :( sorry

It wouldn't surprise me if they just took if off the shelves after realizing that they're idiots... Not to mention you really have no reason to lie at this point.

I have a friend who will stop by there after work today. I'd drive out there myself, but the most direct route is going to take me 70 minutes easy at this time of day!

Thanks anyways.

[quote name='Womp']Just got back from Target...Welp...COMFIRMED.

Target location: Neshaminy Mall, Bucks County PA...Just a stones throw away from Philadelpha.

They had an easy 25+ of them in stock. The ENTIRE section where the old DS's including the Animal Crossing bundles are located was whiped clean with a fresh stock of DSLites. Not a single OLD DS to be found.

Good luck guys! In the mean time I'll be enjoying my Lite even before Australia! :D[/quote]

Ohhhh man :cry: I'm in Centre County, and my local Target said nope - they've got 'em in the back, but they're not breaking the street date. I'll give the one in Altoona a call later, but I expect the story will be the same.

Kills me to know that just a couple hours to my East, people are playing DS Lites. ;)

Bravo to you for getting one, though.

SO-CAL People!!!!

I have just purchased a DS Lite @ Target. Located in South Gate, CA. It's on the corner of Firestone Blvd. And Garfield Ave. They had them in the display case. About 7+.

So yes you can purchase them at this target. Hope others can pick theirs up. Just charging my lite right now!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back