I just bought a DS Lite from Target! Update!

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Ravenlock']What? Why? Some people got awesomely lucky. It wasn't us, but that's still pretty cool.[/QUOTE]

why? for the exact reason you just stated, people got extremely lucky, and im pissed. i have the right to be pissed. just like anyone else that wants one. i don't see the problem in that. im REALLY pissed I have to wait til the day of my first final to get my DS.

[quote name='CheapyD']Wombat informed me that they are about to talk about this on G4's Attack of the Show...anyone got a way to record it (in case of CAG mention) and transfer to PC.[/quote]
Torrentspy or other torrent sites usually get the shows uploaded daily. I set my DVR to record it but I have no way to transfer to the web....

Edit: Well I can upload crappy video through my crappy digital camera or through my cell phone.... lol

Me: Do you have DS lite in like your milwaukee stores?
Racine target girl: Yes indeed, we have new white ones.
Me: Lite, L I T E
Racine target girl: quite a few
Me when I get there: I only see regular DS can you show me where DS lite are?
Racine girl: Yes right here, as she points to regular DS.
Me: A that is not L I T E that is old version.
Racine girl: Oh those are not for sale until later in month.
Me: But someone over phone confirmed for me... NM
Me: Calling oak creek target that original OP of this thread got his from, DO you have any DS lite left?
Male Oak Creek Target guy: Yes we have 11
Me on arrival: Where are DS lites sir?
Male Oak Creek Target guy: Oh those dont come out until the 11th.
Me: Sighing... I was clearly told over the phone there were here, besides a guy has proof he bought his here on the net.
Male Oak Creek Target guy: He is mistaken, we dont even have them yet, he must have old version.

Wow, what crappy day. I had pay $10 in gas for rides too :(

With a newly acquired $100 I'm on this like fly on crap. I'm going to check out the Baldwin Park Target and Walmart, and shall return with happy or emo news.

[quote name='CheapyD']Oh, well, they forgot to mention CAG when they ran the story.
It's not like anyone watches G4 anyway.[/QUOTE]
Write an angry E-mail.

That'll learn 'em.

[quote name='CheapyD']Oh, well, they forgot to mention CAG when they ran the story.
It's not like anyone watches G4 anyway.[/quote]

LOL yea I just saw that....... Some gamers are reporting blah blah blah and a picture of a Lite with the Target and WalMart logo over it.. That new co-host is hot though...... I hardly ever watch it unless it's near E3.

[quote name='Ugamer_X']Sell it on Ebay, you'll probably make a killing.[/QUOTE]

if that was the case i'd just sell my japanese ones right now but I doubt it.... US and JP ones are virtually the same. Except there were more colors available in JP

I picked up a DS Lite in the Gainesville, Fl Target today. Clerk said he put them on the shelf 5 minutes before I bought mine... said I got the first one and that they looked "really cool." I also found 2 copies of phoenix wright, I've been looking for one forever and I found 2 today so I bought them both. If any CAGs are looking for a copy shoot me a PM.

One of the guys at my EB picked up a Lite at the Walmart in Mayfield Heights, but apparently his co-worker tried later and they were wise to the issue so it's over.

At least I finally got my hands on one, even though I was hoping to avoid doing so. It is rather nice, and hella bright. But I can still wait till I need a second one or new colors show up to replace my silver.

got mine a couple hours ago from target in albany GA, 31721.
the eb game mangager dident seem too happy that target was already selling them and they dident even have their shipment yet, although he did say they changed the release date to june 1, so it sounds like the release date got moved up.

[quote name='j.roc525']ATTN: Chicago People!
Okay, so I just got an iPod Harman Kardon Drive+Play installed in my car, had a full tank of gas, and a day off so I decided to do a little "War Driving" around Chicago. Long story short, I came up with NOTHING! Here's where I checked. Only for Nintendo!

Wal-Mart Store #1933
137 West North Ave, Northlake, IL 60164

Chicago Brickyard Target
6525 W Diversey Ave , Chicago, IL 60707-2312 US

Chicago Mid North Target
2939 W Addison St , Chicago, IL 60618-4635 US

Chicago Near North Target
2656 N Elston Ave , Chicago, IL 60647-2019 US

Melrose Park Target
850 W North Ave , Melrose Park, IL 60160-1611 US

Norridge Target
4050 N Harlem Ave , Norridge, IL 60706-1202 US

Woodfield Target
1235 E Higgins Rd , Schaumburg, IL 60173-4939 US

All stores DIDN'T have any DS Lites availible to purchase. Guess it's June 11th for me too...[/QUOTE]
Bless your heart because I was about to check that target on North and the other one on elston.

got one!!! i just got back from the Target South Gate that carrerf reported, thanks again dude, you came through after all.

a little story to go with it too, see when i got there there there were a few other guys there too, their intentions were obvious becase like me they were obviously looking for the DS wall oddly located around the corner. Of course we all met eyes and knew what we were there for. They even mumbled something to me about "you know there's a website that tracks these things".

between these two guys they were buying 3, probably to sell one or all, so they were kind of surprised when i said i was buying it because i wanted one (i kept really quiet and ignorant, didnt want to let the closeby sales girl that made this all possible too wise). Then of course this other guy comes to th eclass case and wants one too.

WHILE the girl is unlocking it this guy actually says, "arent these not supposed to be sold yet?", i and i'm sure the other two wiser fellows wanted to dart him a look but even then we just kept really quiet and still and pretended we didnt hear him.

luckily this chick still had no problem grabbing 5 DS lite boxes and ringing them all up, i bought mine first and SPEED WALKED THE HELL OUTTA THERE BEFORE ANYONE GOT WISE.

anyhow so i have it now, take THAT Australia. not sure if i'll even play it tonight though, i think i might wait a couple days till my Hori filters come in the mail (didnt expect to have to order them so soon, hehe).

so anyway thanks again carrerf, after West Hollywood and Crenshaw telling me flat out no, i didnt think it was going to work anywhere near LA. Also thanks to the nice purple haired Target employee girl that was cool (or uninformed) enough to do this.

i tried target, alas, they had no ds's at all. Im gonna get my mom to check on her way home from work at some other stores.

[quote name='Womp']Just got back from Target...

Target location: Neshaminy Mall, Bucks County PA...Just a stones throw away from Philadelpha.

They had an easy 25+ of them in stock. The ENTIRE section where the old DS's including the Animal Crossing bundles are located was whiped clean with a fresh stock of DSLites. Not a single OLD DS to be found.

Good luck guys! In the mean time I'll be enjoying my Lite even before Australia! :D[/QUOTE]

meh so tempting, i live right near there but I got 130 giftcard to best buy...............the agony of it all!

Just purchased a DS Lite at the South Central Super Target on South Main Street near Reliant Park in Houston. They had about 10 - 15 in the cabinet. The sales girls were all complaining about how they just bought the old style and now they've come out with a new one. Psych....

If anyone else in Houston needs one check there - phone # is 713-666-0967.

Looks like EBgames will be refunding my $25 deposit : )

Very nice system - it's charging now but the colors look noticeably more vibrant on the screen and the buttons are a little nicer. My 6 yo daugther has just inherited my old racing red DS and she can't stop playing AC on it. My wife wants to kill me : )

Thanks OP for the heads up. 11 days before offical release is NICE!

I think those 2 guys were making eyes at you because they were trying to pick you up... thank god you got away...

[quote name='spincut']got one!!! i just got back from the Target South Gate that carrerf reported, thanks again dude, you came through after all.

a little story to go with it too, see when i got there there there were a few other guys there too, their intentions were obvious becase like me they were obviously looking for the DS wall oddly located around the corner. Of course we all met eyes and knew what we were there for. They even mumbled something to me about "you know there's a website that tracks these things".

between these two guys they were buying 3, probably to sell one or all, so they were kind of surprised when i said i was buying it because i wanted one (i kept really quiet and ignorant, didnt want to let the closeby sales girl that made this all possible too wise). Then of course this other guy comes to th eclass case and wants one too.

WHILE the girl is unlocking it this guy actually says, "arent these not supposed to be sold yet?", i and i'm sure the other two wiser fellows wanted to dart him a look but even then we just kept really quiet and still and pretended we didnt hear him.

luckily this chick still had no problem grabbing 5 DS lite boxes and ringing them all up, i bought mine first and SPEED WALKED THE HELL OUTTA THERE BEFORE ANYONE GOT WISE.

anyhow so i have it now, take THAT Australia. not sure if i'll even play it tonight though, i think i might wait a couple days till my Hori filters come in the mail (didnt expect to have to order them so soon, hehe).

so anyway thanks again carrerf, after West Hollywood and Crenshaw telling me flat out no, i didnt think it was going to work anywhere near LA. Also thanks to the nice purple haired Target employee girl that was cool (or uninformed) enough to do this.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='$hady']Haha that sucks and cancel that offer to try to pick some up for you guys then..... :cry:[/QUOTE]
That sucks. I was thinking about getting another one too. Yeah there were 6 or 7 when I was there at Florence at 1:30 and no one seemed to notice or care that they were there. This women with two kids gave me a wierd look when I took a picture of the DS case with my phone. Thats when I got out of there. Stinks there sold out. Just so you know I went to 4 Targets and 4 walmarts in the northern Cincy area and none of them even knew what I was talking about. so I guess your out of luck for the next 11 days.

[quote name='Darkstraw']got mine a couple hours ago from target in albany GA, 31721.
the eb game mangager dident seem too happy that target was already selling them and they dident even have their shipment yet, although he did say they changed the release date to june 1, so it sounds like the release date got moved up.[/quote]

Waitaminute waitaminute waitaminute. Can somebody confirm this? I mean hell, if the release date is now TOMORROW, there's no reason to fuss anymore.

[quote name='spincut']luckily this chick still had no problem grabbing 5 DS lite boxes and ringing them all up, i bought mine first and SPEED WALKED THE HELL OUTTA THERE BEFORE ANYONE GOT WISE.[/quote]

How many were left after she took out those 5?

[quote name='AshesofWake']why? for the exact reason you just stated, people got extremely lucky, and im pissed. i have the right to be pissed. just like anyone else that wants one. i don't see the problem in that. im REALLY pissed I have to wait til the day of my first final to get my DS.[/quote]

And that's a silly reason to be pissed off, assuming the release date is still the 11th. Do you walk around every day pissed that you didn't win the lottery? :roll:

However, if (as the poster I quoted in the post just above this one says) the release date has actually been moved to tomorrow, well then the whole ball of wax becomes pretty irrelevant.

[quote name='Darkstraw']
the eb game mangager dident seem too happy that target was already selling them and they dident even have their shipment yet, although he did say they changed the release date to june 1, so it sounds like the release date got moved up.[/QUOTE]

I won't beleive that until I see it, but it makes sense. Every one Target sells is money out of the pocket of stores like EG/Gamestop. The hardcore who preorder things are the ones scooping most of these up.

[quote name='Darkstraw']got mine a couple hours ago from target in albany GA, 31721.
the eb game mangager dident seem too happy that target was already selling them and they dident even have their shipment yet, although he did say they changed the release date to june 1, so it sounds like the release date got moved up.[/quote]

I think you are right Dark. The Targets in my area said they have them in, but can't sell them till tomorrow. Good Night! =)

[quote name='Ravenlock']Waitaminute waitaminute waitaminute. Can somebody confirm this? I mean hell, if the release date is now TOMORROW, there's no reason to fuss anymore.[/QUOTE]
I need confirmation now, anyone? I missed out a walmart in West Des Moines had some for sale but they sold out/took them off the shelf by the time I got there.

dang lucky you! I was gonna go there but I am a bit too far and I didnt think I would get thru the traffic fast enough to get there in time.

[quote name='spincut']got one!!! i just got back from the Target South Gate that carrerf reported, thanks again dude, you came through after all.

so anyway thanks again carrerf, after West Hollywood and Crenshaw telling me flat out no, i didnt think it was going to work anywhere near LA. Also thanks to the nice purple haired Target employee girl that was cool (or uninformed) enough to do this.[/quote]

[quote name='spoo']I need confirmation now, anyone? I missed out a walmart in West Des Moines had some for sale but they sold out/took them off the shelf by the time I got there.[/quote]

My Target CONFIRMED this. I can buy it at 8:00 Am on June 1st!

[quote name='Tyvan']I think you are right Dark. The Targets in my area said they have them in, but can't sell them till tomorrow. Good Night! =)[/quote]
This... this would be phenomenal news. Confirm? Anybody? :lol:

EDIT: Okay, do you figure other stores are playing by the same rules? My Target isn't open at midnight tonight, but my Walmart is.

[quote name='Ravenlock']And that's a silly reason to be pissed off, assuming the release date is still the 11th. Do you walk around every day pissed that you didn't win the lottery? :roll:
[/QUOTE]

this isn't the lottery, this is something i've paid for in advance and have been wanting for a very long ass time, im pissed.

oh and i just called gamestop, and the release date is still the 11th...

[quote name='cottonballs']How many were left after she took out those 5?[/QUOTE]

oh, i think about 23 (carfers estimate of 7+ was a little off, perhaps they got more from the back).

considering the odd location as long as you go today that may be the least of your problems, they may get wise and stop selling them before they sell out.

and Dorkyden, i was almost hesitant to go, i'm in downtown LA and the traffic going there was not all too great today, but i still went, then again i had been waiting since i predicted the DS Lite would happen in December, so i was kind of wigging out since i heard about this crazyness last night.

although, i really want to be gentle, i may wait a couople days while my priority ordered Hori filters get delivered (since i though i'd have alot more time to do it, hehe).

I wonder If my Gamestop will sell lites tomorrow since the Gamestop I preordered from has a Target in the same mall, hmmm. This would be easier since I wouldn't have to get a refund on my preorder since Gamestop always throws a fit about refunding preorders.

[quote name='SithFran']Thanks!!!![/quote]

I'd love to hear a report when you get back. Its a half hour drive for me and I dont want to drive in all that traffic if it isnt necessary.

If you find a super wal-mart that you know has them in stock. Try rolling the dice and going in tonight if you really want one. After 11 you have to track down a employee to get anything out of the cage and you might get someone who doesn't know...

[quote name='AshesofWake']this isn't the lottery, this is something i've paid for in advance and have been wanting for a very long ass time, im pissed.

oh and i just called gamestop, and the release date is still the 11th...[/quote]
You paid in advance to receive the DS Lite on its release date. Just because some stores have people who can't read the release date stamped on the box doesn't entitle you [or me] to get it early. It didn't entitle the people who DID get it early to get it, either - that's what the word "lucky" means.

It is possible that Target and/or EB have decided they will sell them on a date of their own, ignoring Nintendo's, or that the particular Gamestop you called hasn't heard some news yet. Unlikely, but possible. We'll all see, I guess.

[quote name='spoo']check Sears.com with store pick up. I'm not sure if anyone has posted this yet.[/QUOTE]

fuck! A Sears close to my work shows them in stock but I'm already home for the day! The local one of course does not have any...

[quote name='Ravenlock']You paid in advance to receive the DS Lite on its release date. Just because some stores have people who can't read the release date stamped on the box doesn't entitle you [or me] to get it early. It didn't entitle the people who DID get it early to get it, either - that's what the word "lucky" means.

It is possible that Target and/or EB have decided they will sell them on a date of their own, ignoring Nintendo's, or that the particular Gamestop you called hasn't heard some news yet. Unlikely, but possible. We'll all see, I guess.[/QUOTE]

you're not getting my point at all, im pissed off because other people get to play it before me because of those people that can't read. it's a valid pissed off point. I don't understand why it's hard to grasp the concept that im angry that I cannot enjoy my DS lite for another week and a half, probably more because of finals. While people that don't seem THAT excited about it are buying 3 to 5 copies.

I tried both the Target and Wal-Mart in Port Orange, Fl. and neither of them had the ds lite in stock. Wal-Mart had a variety of colors of the old ones and Target had 2 old grey ones. Also the guy @ Target was a real Richard about me asking any questions about the ds lite for some reason. Maybe he knew something...

[quote name='trunksx34']Target - Camarillo, CA: I checked in there and they had a memo on the electronics desk that said "NINTENDO DS LITE STREET DATE JUNE 11TH" in big bold letters....so yeah no go there[/QUOTE]

I checked as well. Didn't see the notice though. I'll hit up some more tonight/tomorrow.

HOLY! I just checked the Sears that's like 5 minutes from me to see if they have any in stock and they DO! I'm going to see if I can get one tonight.

Just got back from the Rockville, MD Target. The clerk said they got them in at about 2 PM today; there was a line when I got there at about 8:15 PM. When I left, there were no more left (but I got mine). The clerk was cool about it, even though it wasn't the 11th yet. He said that some people had been in several times already, and one woman had bought six. Oh well, hope everyone found what they were looking for.

[quote name='spoo']I wonder If my Gamestop will sell lites tomorrow since the Gamestop I preordered from has a Target in the same mall, hmmm. This would be easier since I wouldn't have to get a refund on my preorder since Gamestop always throws a fit about refunding preorders.[/QUOTE]

As of today, my Gamestop did not even have them in stock so they can't sell what they don't have. It's possible that they will arrive tomorrow and could be sold then if corporate gives them permission.

[quote name='AshesofWake']you're not getting my point at all, im pissed off because other people get to play it before me because of those people that can't read. it's a valid pissed off point. I don't understand why it's hard to grasp the concept that im angry that I cannot enjoy my DS lite for another week and a half, probably more because of finals. While people that don't seem THAT excited about it are buying 3 to 5 copies.[/quote]
Of course I get your point, it isn't complicated. I'm trying to provide some perspective. If you get it on June 11th, you get exactly what you paid for. If you get it before then, that's a bonus. What pisses me off is a society of people who think they're entitled to something just because someone else gets it. We haven't been cheated here, we just also didn't get more than we paid for. Fair shakes.

So far I haven't seen anyone buy more than 1 copy other than to give it to specific people (though obviously their showing up on eBay implies that some people are). And yeah, that's a shame, and obviously you and I would put them to much better use. That doesn't mean we deserve to have them. Someone else's good fortune isn't a justifiable reason to get pissed off. :whistle2:?

Anyhow, gotta run, all. Thanks for all the info updates, and keep us posted if anybody hears more about this June 1st thing. Probably just a crazy rumor, but hey, wouldn't it be sweet. :D

before i even went to check target i called ebgames and asked them if they had it, he said it wouldent be out till sometime next week, but he would check and see what day it was, looked and said it has been moved up to june 1st, it seems this just happened so the employee's that have the date memorized arent going to look, they will just tell you june 11th, but we only have to wait till tomarrow to see i guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back